hobbo wrote:
Mon 20 Aug, 2018 9:29 am
supercoach wrote:
Mon 20 Aug, 2018 9:06 am
Spud Murphy wrote:
Mon 20 Aug, 2018 8:06 am
mtd wrote:
Sun 19 Aug, 2018 10:55 pm

How do we know Ivan isn't going to commit longer term with us? As far as we know it could already taken care of in the background by tigers management. There is poteneitally nothing going on here.

The media started this mess cause Ivan stupidly met with penrith to discuss his son. If only to discuss Nathan, which im led to believe is the truth, the whole things a farce.
We don't know anything and that's the problem. Yes the media did start it and are subversively continuing to speculate, but no one from Wests Tigers (especially Ivan) is saying anything to quell this speculation either.

Ftr, I thought he and O'Neill met to talk about Ivan's house on the market, not Nathan. In any case, two friends should be able to meet together without the media making up stories and blowing things all out of proportion, but we know that's impossible.
Okay he went to Penrith to have a friendly chat about selling his house and Nathan’s progress with his buddy Dave. Dave than tells Ivan they would be interested in his services when ever he became available. No contract was offered and Ivan did not agree to anything but he felt obligated to let Pascoe know of the meeting and what was discussed. Pascoe and Go than come out with a very strong press release saying the club will not release Ivan without a fight.

Gus the mouth of the mountains has given a slightly different account..saying Ivan when talking to his mate Dave, said he would talk to Pascoe about trying to join the club next season.

Anyway if you actually think this is just a media beat up and Ivan is not covering something up and both Penrith and the Tigers have been transparent and honest IMO you life in fantasyland
100 %

That’s why Mr “integrity “ has been a sook in all of his pressers since Pascoe and Go have put a red line through him leaving !

Looks like he is sulking.
Its an opinion!

magpiecol

Post by magpiecol » Mon 20 Aug, 2018 11:01 am

Some of you people really need to get a life. Get out of the basement and talk up our team and coach.

Or stay down there and go put crap on some other team.

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Mon 20 Aug, 2018 11:03 am

magpiecol wrote:
Mon 20 Aug, 2018 11:01 am
Some of you people really need to get a life. Get out of the basement and talk up our team and coach.

What’s there to talk up ?

Please !
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

The Patriot

Post by The Patriot » Mon 20 Aug, 2018 11:21 am

Beautiful day outside, plenty of sunshine.

#itsaforum # wherethereissmoke # jointhedots
Its an opinion!

WT2K

Post by WT2K » Mon 20 Aug, 2018 11:26 am

The Patriot wrote:
Mon 20 Aug, 2018 11:21 am
Beautiful day outside, plenty of sunshine.

#itsaforum # wherethereissmoke # jointhedots
You'll upset the apple cart with that talk :lol:
Also agree with your above post, feels like IC is sulking.
No more plodders!
:sign:

AnnandaleTiger

Post by AnnandaleTiger » Mon 20 Aug, 2018 11:28 am

Either that or upset with the media around the whole fiasco.

Telltails

Post by Telltails » Mon 20 Aug, 2018 11:30 am

Elderslie Tiger wrote:
Mon 20 Aug, 2018 10:39 am
Interesting comment on Controversy Corner last night about J Maloney not happy about what's been going on at Penriff he had a very good working relationship with Griffen and only new about his sacking via the media wonder how many other players are in the same boat and will it be enough to sink the boat.
Nathan taliking up Ciraldo, Maloney showiing support for Griffin, some dud performances, talk of Maloney being moved on, approaching other teams coaches - the ship certainly needs steadying.

Tcat

Post by Tcat » Mon 20 Aug, 2018 11:44 am

Telltails wrote:
Mon 20 Aug, 2018 11:30 am
Elderslie Tiger wrote:
Interesting comment on Controversy Corner last night about J Maloney not happy about what's been going on at Penriff he had a very good working relationship with Griffen and only new about his sacking via the media wonder how many other players are in the same boat and will it be enough to sink the boat.
Nathan taliking up Ciraldo, Maloney showiing support for Griffin, some dud performances, talk of Maloney being moved on, approaching other teams coaches - the ship certainly needs steadying.
I'd actually be keen to see how well Nathan goes without Maloney steering the team.

bigsiro

Post by bigsiro » Mon 20 Aug, 2018 11:46 am

Telltails wrote:
Mon 20 Aug, 2018 11:30 am
Elderslie Tiger wrote:
Let's get Maloney AND Cleary. What a coup!
Tigers have money. Let's do this!
Yes he's 32 but if fit he's the best 6 in NSW and probably will be for the next 2 years.
That would right the ship!!!
#dreaming
Make Wests Tigers Great Again

fibrodreaming

Post by fibrodreaming » Mon 20 Aug, 2018 12:12 pm

bigsiro wrote:
Sun 19 Aug, 2018 7:46 pm
Back to Clearygate...

I really want to believe that the whole thing was blown out of proportion and he is an honourable guy who was just painted badly.

His interview and the subsequent comments by Penrith that he isn't going there kinda poured water on the whole thing.

But, I can't help but wonder why he went to meet with Penrith in the first place. It's so suss. It's too suss.

I just don't buy that he went there to talk about Nathan.
Couldn't they have a phone call about that?
What could be that important that they need a face-to-face?
I mean, Ivan is no dummy. He would know that going to meet a competitor is a no-no and would be highly scandalous due to it being so unconscionable.

Yes, I think he made an incredibly bad decision to go meet Penrith.
But I don't subscribe to believing that he didn't know the true agenda. It was shady.

This point just nags on me and I can't help being upset that our coach would do that. More than upset.

He just isn't that revered guy to me anymore.

And there is just no way that the players don't feel similarly - at least a bit.

PS: I'm sure this has been mentioned before somewhere on the preceding 156 pages. Sorry for the repetition if so.
Technically, he didn't go to meet Penrith. He met his good mate Dave O'Neill, who is the Penrith Chairman.

My understanding is that Ivan and his wife attend every Penrith home game that they can (subject to his availability). Given that, there must be many opportunities for Ivan and O'Neill to catch up.

I think it is quite believable that O'Neill blindsided Ivan at one of their catch ups and raised the Penrith coaching position. Unless Ivan requests an agenda from O'Neill before every catch up, there is probably no way of anticipating what direction a conversation might take, and what issues might be raised.

So, the meeting might, as you say, have been suss; or, it could have been totally innocent.

Given that Ivan has subsequently said that no offer was made and that he intends to honour his contract with the WT, I'm inclined to believe it was an innocent catch up - at least it was an innocent catch up on Ivan's part.

Go Moltzen

Post by Go Moltzen » Mon 20 Aug, 2018 12:45 pm

Ivan wants out ASAP. Nice knowing you, have a nice life.
Blood is thicker etc
We deserve better.
As long as snake Gould compensates set Ivan free & get a "hard edge" coach who will take no prisoners.
Also let's clear even more deadwood starting with Benji & Robbie. They were champions, would be great to farewell them v Souths in last game.

Swordy

Post by Swordy » Mon 20 Aug, 2018 12:57 pm

Gee whiz. Talk about knifing a guy still with more than 2 years to go on a contract.

Imagine south's fans, they'd be suiciding in the streets because their coach only has 15 months left......
Sunshine Coast resident.
Tigers fan since birth in 1969.
Fond memories of Leichhardt Oval every home game as a kid with my Dad!

The Patriot

Post by The Patriot » Mon 20 Aug, 2018 1:23 pm

Reports Cameron Munster is looking around for a Sydney club.

A class player like that. An ambitious under performing club. A highly ambitious coach yeah.

If there is no Nathan Cleary the money should be just sitting there for a player like Munster.

Surely Ivan would have a crack at him if he was trying win us premierships?
Its an opinion!

momo&medo

Post by momo&medo » Mon 20 Aug, 2018 1:52 pm

magpiecol wrote:
Mon 20 Aug, 2018 11:01 am

:righton:

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Mon 20 Aug, 2018 3:38 pm

Has Ivan left yet ....
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Mon 20 Aug, 2018 3:48 pm

Elderslie Tiger wrote:
I hope the whole thing blows up in Gus’s face. I think most players in the saga excepting Pascoe and Go have had their reputations take a big hit

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Mon 20 Aug, 2018 3:50 pm

Geo. wrote:
Mon 20 Aug, 2018 3:38 pm
Has Ivan left yet ....
Yes
Nathan has signed with Toulon

Father and son will be in France on Thursday!

If you see them say bonjour !
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

WT2K

Post by WT2K » Mon 20 Aug, 2018 3:53 pm

hobbo wrote:
Mon 20 Aug, 2018 3:50 pm
Geo. wrote:
Mon 20 Aug, 2018 3:38 pm
Has Ivan left yet ....
Yes
Nathan has signed with Toulon

Father and son will be in France on Thursday!

If you see them say bonjour !
It's baguettes and croissants for the cleary's in the morning then!
No more plodders!
:sign: