Ivan Cleary - THREAD..

The Patriot

Re: Ivan Cleary - THREAD..

Post by The Patriot » Mon 20 Aug, 2018 7:57 pm

AnnandaleTiger wrote:
Mon 20 Aug, 2018 7:53 pm
Sounds like excerpts from last weeks pressers. There was not much in those.
i love that you didnt see it but are so sure it is nothing.
Its an opinion!

AnnandaleTiger

Post by AnnandaleTiger » Mon 20 Aug, 2018 7:58 pm

I have seen it. Go to the tigers website and check out the matulino and Benji interviews from Friday/Thursday last week. Chris also got asked the same question.

I heard it and I’m betting they used that exact content to spin a story

Nucky Thompson

Post by Nucky Thompson » Mon 20 Aug, 2018 8:16 pm

Russell wrote:
Mon 20 Aug, 2018 7:18 pm
The Patriot wrote:
Mon 20 Aug, 2018 7:07 pm
851 wrote:
Mon 20 Aug, 2018 5:28 pm
The Patriot wrote:
Mon 20 Aug, 2018 1:23 pm
Reports Cameron Munster is looking around for a Sydney club.

A class player like that. An ambitious under performing club. A highly ambitious coach yeah.

If there is no Nathan Cleary the money should be just sitting there for a player like Munster.

Surely Ivan would have a crack at him if he was trying win us premierships?
The roosters are interested, that rules everyone else out, Parra, Titans and Cowboys also interested
Suggestions are he wants to come to Sydney. Only leaves the roosters and the Eeels.

Point is though that why are we not even making an offer. You cant be in the Sydney market with dreams of premierships and not try to sign players as classy as Munster when they come off contract.
Tell me oh! wise one...

How do we know we have not made an offer?

How do we know who we have made offers for, who we are going to sign and not sign?

We don't, until they are announced. Let's wait and see before criticising the Club.
My sarcastic senses are going off the charts.

Nucky Thompson

Post by Nucky Thompson » Mon 20 Aug, 2018 8:27 pm

AnnandaleTiger wrote:
Mon 20 Aug, 2018 7:58 pm
I have seen it. Go to the tigers website and check out the matulino and Benji interviews from Friday/Thursday last week. Chris also got asked the same question.

How do we think Maguire would go here peeps.

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Mon 20 Aug, 2018 8:29 pm

Nucky Thompson wrote:
Mon 20 Aug, 2018 8:27 pm
AnnandaleTiger wrote:

The plodders would break him.
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Mon 20 Aug, 2018 8:32 pm

fibrodreaming wrote:
Mon 20 Aug, 2018 5:16 pm
jirskyr wrote:
Mon 20 Aug, 2018 5:00 pm
I'd like to point out that Ivan made his position very clear early the morning of 11/Aug/18 and over a week later this thread has grown by 40 pages.

Fair enough a few days dissecting what he said, but what are you all still talking about?
It's all about: "connecting the dots"; "reading between the lines"; "interpreting body language"; and, "detecting smoke".
You forgot "relaxing"

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Mon 20 Aug, 2018 8:32 pm

Nucky Thompson wrote:
Mon 20 Aug, 2018 8:27 pm
AnnandaleTiger wrote:

He'd be great but would we spend the coin on him and the coaching support staff he'd want?

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Mon 20 Aug, 2018 8:34 pm

Nucky Thompson wrote:
Mon 20 Aug, 2018 8:16 pm
Russell wrote:
Mon 20 Aug, 2018 7:18 pm
The Patriot wrote:
851 wrote:

The roosters are interested, that rules everyone else out, Parra, Titans and Cowboys also interested
Suggestions are he wants to come to Sydney. Only leaves the roosters and the Eeels.

Point is though that why are we not even making an offer. You cant be in the Sydney market with dreams of premierships and not try to sign players as classy as Munster when they come off contract.
Tell me oh! wise one...

How do we know we have not made an offer?

How do we know who we have made offers for, who we are going to sign and not sign?

We don't, until they are announced. Let's wait and see before criticising the Club.
My sarcastic senses are going off the charts.
Oh well...at least lol lol lol lol man will be chuffed

Post by 851 » Mon 20 Aug, 2018 8:58 pm

The Patriot wrote:
851 wrote:
The Patriot wrote:

A class player like that. An ambitious under performing club. A highly ambitious coach yeah.

If there is no Nathan Cleary the money should be just sitting there for a player like Munster.

Everyone knows what the Roosters want they get, Buzz saying Munster to Roosters in 2020 to replace Cronk, sounds right, Cronk signs, he is not on the money everyone thinks, Cronk leaves, we will give his million a year to Munster.
The NRL are a deadset joke, and to see Robinson saying thank god we have a salary cap to keep the comp even, you have to be kidding mate fans are not that stupid. Your team lost because they didn't give the raiders enough respect, and the roosters don't have a cap like every other team bar Brisbane.
Go hard or go home

helmesy

Post by helmesy » Mon 20 Aug, 2018 9:28 pm

851 wrote:
Mon 20 Aug, 2018 8:58 pm
The Patriot wrote:
851 wrote:
The Patriot wrote:

Everyone knows what the Roosters want they get, Buzz saying Munster to Roosters in 2020 to replace Cronk, sounds right, Cronk signs, he is not on the money everyone thinks, Cronk leaves, we will give his million a year to Munster.
The NRL are a deadset joke, and to see Robinson saying thank god we have a salary cap to keep the comp even, you have to be kidding mate fans are not that stupid. Your team lost because they didn't give the raiders enough respect, and the roosters don't have a cap like every other team bar Brisbane.
If something doesn’t change there will one day be 8 teams in the comp.

It’s sad, really sad.

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Mon 20 Aug, 2018 9:32 pm

851 wrote:
The Patriot wrote:
851 wrote:
The Patriot wrote:

That Robinson pressa was really weird wasn't it. The chooks coach talking about the cap working. Where did that come from?

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by formerguest » Mon 20 Aug, 2018 9:33 pm

fibrodreaming wrote:
Mon 20 Aug, 2018 12:12 pm
bigsiro wrote:
Sun 19 Aug, 2018 7:46 pm
Back to Clearygate...

I really want to believe that the whole thing was blown out of proportion and he is an honourable guy who was just painted badly.

His interview and the subsequent comments by Penrith that he isn't going there kinda poured water on the whole thing.

But, I can't help but wonder why he went to meet with Penrith in the first place. It's so suss. It's too suss.

I just don't buy that he went there to talk about Nathan.
Couldn't they have a phone call about that?
What could be that important that they need a face-to-face?
I mean, Ivan is no dummy. He would know that going to meet a competitor is a no-no and would be highly scandalous due to it being so unconscionable.

Yes, I think he made an incredibly bad decision to go meet Penrith.
But I don't subscribe to believing that he didn't know the true agenda. It was shady.

This point just nags on me and I can't help being upset that our coach would do that. More than upset.

He just isn't that revered guy to me anymore.

And there is just no way that the players don't feel similarly - at least a bit.

PS: I'm sure this has been mentioned before somewhere on the preceding 156 pages. Sorry for the repetition if so.
Technically, he didn't go to meet Penrith. He met his good mate Dave O'Neill, who is the Penrith Chairman.

My understanding is that Ivan and his wife attend every Penrith home game that they can (subject to his availability). Given that, there must be many opportunities for Ivan and O'Neill to catch up.

I think it is quite believable that O'Neill blindsided Ivan at one of their catch ups and raised the Penrith coaching position. Unless Ivan requests an agenda from O'Neill before every catch up, there is probably no way of anticipating what direction a conversation might take, and what issues might be raised.

So, the meeting might, as you say, have been suss; or, it could have been totally innocent.

Given that Ivan has subsequently said that no offer was made and that he intends to honour his contract with the WT, I'm inclined to believe it was an innocent catch up - at least it was an innocent catch up on Ivan's part.
Having a belief is fine, but remember your "choose words carefully" assertion and please stop stating that Ivan said no offer was made, as he never said that.

Tiger Steve

Post by Tiger Steve » Mon 20 Aug, 2018 9:34 pm

851 wrote:
The Patriot wrote:
851 wrote:
The Patriot wrote:

Spot on and everyone just sits around and giggles and makes ‘sombrero’ jokes. Pity the journalists don’t have the courage to attack this pack of cheats like they attack everyone else
“Peanuts! Get ya peanuts - in the shell or sugar coated!” Leichhardt memories.

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by formerguest » Mon 20 Aug, 2018 9:36 pm

The Patriot wrote:

I certainly hope that Egan is on the case, regardless of whether Cleary wants a crack at him.

NT Tiger

Post by NT Tiger » Mon 20 Aug, 2018 9:42 pm

Tiger Steve wrote:
Mon 20 Aug, 2018 9:34 pm
851 wrote:
The Patriot wrote:
851 wrote:

Spot on and everyone just sits around and giggles and makes ‘sombrero’ jokes. Pity the journalists don’t have the courage to attack this pack of cheats like they attack everyone else
The problem seems to be that no-one has proof. There is no evidence. The Capons must technically be fitting their players under the cap. The NRL isn't going to look too closely unless or until somebody fronts with some evidence that they aren't.
"Quality Stupidity"

dazza65

Post by dazza65 » Mon 20 Aug, 2018 9:46 pm

helmesy wrote:
Mon 20 Aug, 2018 9:28 pm
851 wrote:
The Patriot wrote:
851 wrote:

If something doesn’t change there will one day be 8 teams in the comp.

It’s sad, really sad.
It’s what they want Helmsey, it’s what they want. Too many sydney teams....
----------------------------------------------
Tigers?!? - Driven mad since - 1969-201?

NT Tiger

Post by NT Tiger » Mon 20 Aug, 2018 9:49 pm

fibrodreaming wrote:
Mon 20 Aug, 2018 5:16 pm
jirskyr wrote:
Mon 20 Aug, 2018 5:00 pm
I'd like to point out that Ivan made his position very clear early the morning of 11/Aug/18 and over a week later this thread has grown by 40 pages.

Fair enough a few days dissecting what he said, but what are you all still talking about?
It's all about: "connecting the dots"; "reading between the lines"; "interpreting body language"; and, "detecting smoke".
No, no, no, you have it out of sequence. Detect the smoke and inhale it, do a couple lines then try to see past the dots before your eyes, carefully control your body language. What was the question again?
"Quality Stupidity"

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Mon 20 Aug, 2018 9:52 pm

Hah!