Ivan Cleary - THREAD..

hsvjones

Re: Ivan Cleary - THREAD..

Post by hsvjones » Tue 21 Aug, 2018 12:55 pm

FOD001 wrote:
Tue 21 Aug, 2018 8:35 am
The cap works. It’s the TPAs that need to be made public and regulated
This statement is 100% correct.... Roosters wont agree with it though...

Nelson

Post by Nelson » Tue 21 Aug, 2018 1:11 pm

formerguest wrote:
Tue 21 Aug, 2018 11:21 am
beachtiger wrote:
Tue 21 Aug, 2018 8:14 am
formerguest wrote:
Mon 20 Aug, 2018 11:08 pm
magpiecol wrote:
Mon 20 Aug, 2018 10:50 pm

That's exactly what he said.
So fake news, or maybe, truth isn't truth? Or could simply be that you guys were just a few of the many that heard exactly want they wanted you to hear, instead of the actual words. Please go back and check for yourself, then point me as to where he said it, as I intend to donate $100 to a charity of your choice when you show me that I am wrong.
I must admit Former I started questioning whether I actually heard it myself but if you go and watch again he does say at about the 1 minute mark “I have not received any offer from the panthers, nor have I asked the Wests Tigers for a release”.
I am also questioning exactly what I heard in that sentence in particular, as it was the key to the statement. Ivan's actual words were very clear as he spoke them and that is why I challenge others on the "no offer" comments.

I don't question him not asking for a release, because Pascoe and Go with her "but I will say" etc, have alluded to conversations on such, but not been forthcoming with details of them, which could only be about him leaving early, otherwise, why on earth would they have stated "we will not be granting a release"?

Like the words of the statement, my words above in the quoted post were purposely written, even editing it to change a "what" to ....... "want ....... you wanted to hear". To again quote from Ivan, and whilst I often donate to charities, I didn't state that I will donate $100, rather ........ "intend to". However, for those that don't like the smoke and the presence of fire analogy, if nothing comes of this and he sees out this contract, I will donate that $100 to a charity of their choice.
Welcher...

beachtiger

Post by beachtiger » Tue 21 Aug, 2018 1:49 pm

formerguest wrote:
beachtiger wrote:
formerguest wrote:
magpiecol wrote:
Mon 20 Aug, 2018 10:50 pm

That's exactly what he said.
So fake news, or maybe, truth isn't truth? Or could simply be that you guys were just a few of the many that heard exactly want they wanted you to hear, instead of the actual words. Please go back and check for yourself, then point me as to where he said it, as I intend to donate $100 to a charity of your choice when you show me that I am wrong.
I must admit Former I started questioning whether I actually heard it myself but if you go and watch again he does say at about the 1 minute mark “I have not received any offer from the panthers, nor have I asked the Wests Tigers for a release”.
I am also questioning exactly what I heard in that sentence in particular, as it was the key to the statement. Ivan's actual words were very clear as he spoke them and that is why I challenge others on the "no offer" comments.

I don't question him not asking for a release, because Pascoe and Go with her "but I will say" etc, have alluded to conversations on such, but not been forthcoming with details of them, which could only be about him leaving early, otherwise, why on earth would they have stated "we will not be granting a release"?

Like the words of the statement, my words above in the quoted post were purposely written, even editing it to change a "what" to ....... "want ....... you wanted to hear". To again quote from Ivan, and whilst I often donate to charities, I didn't state that I will donate $100, rather ........ "intend to". However, for those that don't like the smoke and the presence of fire analogy, if nothing comes of this and he sees out this contract, I will donate that $100 to a charity of their choice.
I agree that well placed words can change the message in its entirety and at the end of the day we can only hope that there aren’t as many cloak and daggers as we may think.

With regards to Go and Pascoe offering up the comments that we will not be releasing him perhaps there was no conversation at all alluding to a release and they were in fact putting a message out there before it got to the stage of having a discussion around this.

I think if anyone wants to find a hidden message in somebody’s statement then they can, however sometimes there just isn’t one to find.

AnnandaleTiger

Post by AnnandaleTiger » Tue 21 Aug, 2018 2:19 pm

If Ivan Cleary leaves who will coach the tigers next year

-Bob

No idea. I think the Tigers have no plan to release him so ivan might end up staying.

- Paul Kent

Even Kent is moving on...

prattenparkchild

Post by prattenparkchild » Tue 21 Aug, 2018 2:23 pm

Think he will stay and do the job of rebuilding. I don't give a rat's whether he stays beyond contract end. Perhaps it's then better he move on and WT can then get a coach that makes better use of bench and is able to motivate the players for the crucial big games- whether they be against stronger or weaker placed teams. Yes, the players are responsible for stupid penalties and dropping the ball, but where was the coach calming influence to settle them. Also I'd like to see him ripping into referees some time. I dint care about the fine, I think the players and fans would like to see some passion and fire at times.

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by formerguest » Tue 21 Aug, 2018 2:43 pm

fibrodreaming wrote:
Tue 21 Aug, 2018 12:28 pm
formerguest wrote:
beachtiger wrote:
formerguest wrote:

What a bizarre set of posts you have produced on this subject FG !

What does your sentence in bold actually mean ? I can tell you that it doesn't matter what you heard Ivan say (or thought you heard Ivan say) his written statement to the press is reproduced on the WT site in full for all to see.

I have quoted his exact words to you in several posts (which I have copied and pasted from the WT site) and in each case you have avoided replying.

https://www.weststigers.com.au/news/201 ... statement/

You want to "challenge" others on their "no offer" comments when Ivan literally said "I have not received any offer from the Panthers.....".

So it's time for you to put or shut up. Tell us exactly what Ivan said that challenges the "no offer" comments.
I have addressed it since my first post and directly to you for that matter and unlike yourself, have not stated anything other than those words.

Received, received, received, received, received, received, received, received, received, received, received, received, received, received, received, received, received, received, received, received, received, received, received, received, received, received, received, received, received, received, received, received, received, received, received, received, received, received, received, received, received, received, received, received, received, received, received, received, received, received, received, received, received, received, received, received, received, received, received, received, received, received, received, received, received, received, received, received, received, received, received, received, received, received, received, received, received, received, received, received, received.

Got it?

I am ready to put my $100 up, are you prepared to counter? Suggest that it would be easy for us to send via the Forum Supporter icon if Kul would be happy to hold it until we know the result. If you have another reasonable option for the monies, feel free to suggest so and if not, shoosh.

NT Tiger

Post by NT Tiger » Tue 21 Aug, 2018 3:12 pm

Quibble
"Quality Stupidity"

fibrodreaming

Post by fibrodreaming » Tue 21 Aug, 2018 3:39 pm

formerguest wrote:
Tue 21 Aug, 2018 2:43 pm
fibrodreaming wrote:
formerguest wrote:
beachtiger wrote:

What does your sentence in bold actually mean ? I can tell you that it doesn't matter what you heard Ivan say (or thought you heard Ivan say) his written statement to the press is reproduced on the WT site in full for all to see.

I have quoted his exact words to you in several posts (which I have copied and pasted from the WT site) and in each case you have avoided replying.

You want to "challenge" others on their "no offer" comments when Ivan literally said "I have not received any offer from the Panthers.....".

So it's time for you to put or shut up. Tell us exactly what Ivan said that challenges the "no offer" comments.
I have addressed it since my first post and directly to you for that matter and unlike yourself, have not stated anything other than those words.

Received, received, received, received, received, received, received, received, received, received, received, received, received, received, received, received, received, received, received, received, received, received, received, received, received, received, received, received, received, received, received, received, received, received, received, received, received, received, received, received, received, received, received, received, received, received, received, received, received, received, received, received, received, received, received, received, received, received, received, received, received, received, received, received, received, received, received, received, received, received, received, received, received, received, received, received, received, received, received, received, received.

Got it?

I am ready to put my $100 up, are you prepared to counter? Suggest that it would be easy for us to send via the Forum Supporter icon if Kul would be happy to hold it until we know the result. If you have another reasonable option for the monies, feel free to suggest so and if not, shoosh.
FG - you have lost me completely. What are you talking about ?

I have asked you two direct questions in my post above and all you do is obfuscate.

I engaged in this conversation with you in good faith, but I see I am wasting my time.

Over and out.

Demps

Post by Demps » Tue 21 Aug, 2018 3:50 pm

fibrodreaming wrote:
Tue 21 Aug, 2018 3:39 pm
formerguest wrote:
fibrodreaming wrote:
formerguest wrote:

Got it?

I have asked you two direct questions in my post above and all you do is obfuscate.

I engaged in this conversation with you in good faith, but I see I am wasting my time.

Over and out.
FLAGGED.
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

Russell

Post by Russell » Tue 21 Aug, 2018 4:08 pm

prattenparkchild wrote:
Tue 21 Aug, 2018 2:23 pm
Think he will stay and do the job of rebuilding. I don't give a rat's whether he stays beyond contract end. Perhaps it's then better he move on and WT can then get a coach that makes better use of bench and is able to motivate the players for the crucial big games- whether they be against stronger or weaker placed teams. Yes, the players are responsible for stupid penalties and dropping the ball, but where was the coach calming influence to settle them. Also I'd like to see him ripping into referees some time. I dint care about the fine, I think the players and fans would like to see some passion and fire at times.
I'm sure you don't - but then again it's not coming out of your pocket. :)

Telltails

Post by Telltails » Tue 21 Aug, 2018 4:23 pm

fibrodreaming wrote:
formerguest wrote:
fibrodreaming wrote:
formerguest wrote:

Got it?

Over and out.
Agreed to - but not yet recieved?

prattenparkchild

Post by prattenparkchild » Tue 21 Aug, 2018 5:21 pm

Russell wrote:
Tue 21 Aug, 2018 4:08 pm
prattenparkchild wrote:
Tue 21 Aug, 2018 2:23 pm
I'm sure you don't - but then again it's not coming out of your pocket. :)
You cant tell me in all honesty the clubs dont pay the fine for the coach in most instances..............

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Tue 21 Aug, 2018 6:06 pm

Been a while since i’ve posted in here. You would have to be extremely naive to take Ivan at his word during his press conference. He said what he needed to say to rid the club of destractions in the midst of a run to the finals. Once our season finishes up, there will be another chapter written.

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by formerguest » Tue 21 Aug, 2018 6:25 pm

Telltails wrote:
Tue 21 Aug, 2018 4:23 pm
fibrodreaming wrote:
formerguest wrote:
fibrodreaming wrote:

Got it?

Over and out.
Agreed to - but not yet recieved?
Good to see somebody is home when the lights are on.

NT Tiger

Post by NT Tiger » Tue 21 Aug, 2018 8:21 pm

fibrodreaming wrote:
formerguest wrote:
fibrodreaming wrote:
formerguest wrote:

Got it?

Over and out.
Fibro, I believe fg is implying that Ivan's statement leaves room for plausible deniability through omission. By using the word received he obfuscates the possibility that he has agreed to return to coach at Penrith, though no formal offer was made.
"Quality Stupidity"

sideline eye

Post by sideline eye » Tue 21 Aug, 2018 10:08 pm

I call BS. Ivan is not a deceptive person, as is being put around on the forum. He has said that he intends to see out his contract with Wests and you would have to be a contortionist to read anything else into that statement. There is no decpetion here, either by obfuscation or omission.

Talk about conspiracy theorists, give me a break.

NT Tiger

Post by NT Tiger » Wed 22 Aug, 2018 6:42 am

sideline eye wrote:
Tue 21 Aug, 2018 10:08 pm
I call BS. Ivan is not a deceptive person, as is being put around on the forum. He has said that he intends to see out his contract with Wests and you would have to be a contortionist to read anything else into that statement. There is no decpetion here, either by obfuscation or omission.

Talk about conspiracy theorists, give me a break.
Yes, I agree with you.
The above is just the only way I could make sense of fg's position.
"Quality Stupidity"

AnnandaleTiger

Post by AnnandaleTiger » Wed 22 Aug, 2018 7:25 am

Manly looking at sheens. Maybe I’m a sucker for punishment but a refreshed sheens could be good. He could always recruit and had some good tilts. If Somethings out of his control (Dwyer, tui the tank, ellis) had gone differently- who knows