NT Tiger wrote:
Wed 19 Sep, 2018 2:12 pm
TonyTiger wrote:
Wed 19 Sep, 2018 1:55 pm
TigerTiger wrote:
Wed 19 Sep, 2018 1:13 pm
Spud Murphy wrote:
Wed 19 Sep, 2018 1:05 pm

I don't see why they would think Ivan would be the guy to coach them to a Premiership either. He doesn't really have the runs on the board, he is great at rebuilding teams, but Penrith don't need rebuilding, they need a coach who can actually take them to that next level.

Bennett, Flanagan or Robinson would be the ones to chase if they're really serious about a Premiership within a 2 year window, imo and hopefully they will chase one of these if Pascoe takes your advice and gives Penrith the two fingered salute to an early release :mrgreen:
I don't think Gus wants Ivan because he thinks Ivan will help them win directly. I think Gus wants Nathan as he thinks Nathan can help them win and Ivan is just the means to keep Nathan.

Ivan must see that, just maybe he doesn't care and wants to be with his son.
You nailed it, Nathan is calling the shots. Ivan is now a passenger here - time to look for a driver.
I think 'Nathan calling the shots' is a bit simplistic. Nathan and Ivan live in the same house. They don't have to have clandestine latte's together. Unless I'm way wrong, they are playing this together to a plan.
Of course they would be planning this together to get the best outcome for both of them. I also think that Mrs C hates Ivan coaching against Nathan, and if putting pressure on Ivan.
I think that if all these media reports are correct Ivan’ Creditable is shot to ribbons.
I also wonder if Pascoe is meeting with Madge behind the scenes in case we do release Ivan.
I hope that the club screws Gus for a much compensation as possible.

TonyTiger

Post by TonyTiger » Wed 19 Sep, 2018 2:40 pm

bathursttiger wrote:
Wed 19 Sep, 2018 2:31 pm
NT Tiger wrote:
TonyTiger wrote:
TigerTiger wrote:
Wed 19 Sep, 2018 1:13 pm

I don't think Gus wants Ivan because he thinks Ivan will help them win directly. I think Gus wants Nathan as he thinks Nathan can help them win and Ivan is just the means to keep Nathan.

Ivan must see that, just maybe he doesn't care and wants to be with his son.
You nailed it, Nathan is calling the shots. Ivan is now a passenger here - time to look for a driver.
I think 'Nathan calling the shots' is a bit simplistic. Nathan and Ivan live in the same house. They don't have to have clandestine latte's together. Unless I'm way wrong, they are playing this together to a plan.
Of course they would be planning this together to get the best outcome for both of them. I also think that Mrs C hates Ivan coaching against Nathan, and if putting pressure on Ivan.
I think that if all these media reports are correct Ivan’ Creditable is shot to ribbons.
I also wonder if Pascoe is meeting with Madge behind the scenes in case we do release Ivan.
A lesson for us: don’t resurrect a coach from the scrap heap - they’ll use it as a stepping stone to achieve their goal.. gobfor proven success.

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by jadtiger » Wed 19 Sep, 2018 2:45 pm

Well here we are 200 pages on with some supporters brandishing pitchforks to the cries of "burn him he's a witch/traitor/liar".In all of those 200 pages there is not a single FACT that Ivan is leaving us just speculation.
Bewildering in the extreme

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Wed 19 Sep, 2018 2:49 pm

Facts don't matter...lol
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am
OK I was wrong
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 22 Nov, 2018 12:13 am
I know at times I'm not always the brightest light in the kitchen

bathursttiger

Post by bathursttiger » Wed 19 Sep, 2018 2:50 pm

TonyTiger wrote:
Wed 19 Sep, 2018 2:40 pm
bathursttiger wrote:
NT Tiger wrote:
TonyTiger wrote:

A lesson for us: don’t resurrect a coach from the scrap heap - they’ll use it as a stepping stone to achieve their goal.. gobfor proven success.
Who do you suggest?

bp tiger

Post by bp tiger » Wed 19 Sep, 2018 2:50 pm

i think IVAN will be gone before nov 1. u heard it here 1st.

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Wed 19 Sep, 2018 2:50 pm

bathursttiger wrote:
Wed 19 Sep, 2018 2:50 pm
TonyTiger wrote:
bathursttiger wrote:
NT Tiger wrote:

Who do you suggest?
He'll probably suggest Madge - a coach on the scrap heap :lol:
"This club means a lot to me and I really love this club, I love playing here, I love playing with all of the boys, it's what I've known for pretty much all of my life and I'm happy to be here." - Luke Brooks.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

bathursttiger

Post by bathursttiger » Wed 19 Sep, 2018 2:52 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:
bathursttiger wrote:
TonyTiger wrote:
bathursttiger wrote:

Who do you suggest?
Thought he might suggest the walking stick Bennett

TYGA

Post by TYGA » Wed 19 Sep, 2018 2:57 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:
bathursttiger wrote:
TonyTiger wrote:
bathursttiger wrote:

Who do you suggest?
CB I know your a mate of the great Bunny Asprou but Madge is a better coach than Cleary and it’s not even close. He built Souths from the ground up just wore thin after winning a premiership and staying too loyal. He would have learnt from that and wants to stay in Sydney. There won’t be any other jobs for him.

Timing is important. I’d keep Cleary in NSW Cup to work with Hodgo though. Harry may help we need to not be messed with by people wanting to coach little Johnny I. The under 8s.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Wed 19 Sep, 2018 2:58 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:
bathursttiger wrote:
TonyTiger wrote:
bathursttiger wrote:

Who do you suggest?
I like Tooves...
happy tiger wrote:
OK I was wrong
happy tiger wrote:

WT2K

Post by WT2K » Wed 19 Sep, 2018 3:00 pm

Geo. wrote:
Wed 19 Sep, 2018 2:58 pm
Cultured Bogan wrote:
bathursttiger wrote:
TonyTiger wrote:

Who do you suggest?
I like Tooves...
Good to see I'm not alone on the tooves front..
No more plodders!
:sign:

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Wed 19 Sep, 2018 3:03 pm

WT2K wrote:
Wed 19 Sep, 2018 3:00 pm
Geo. wrote:
Wed 19 Sep, 2018 2:58 pm
Cultured Bogan wrote:
bathursttiger wrote:

Who do you suggest?
I like Tooves...
Good to see I'm not alone on the tooves front..
At least Press Confrences wouldn't be the dull bland... :blah :blah :blah
happy tiger wrote:
OK I was wrong
happy tiger wrote:

Leichhardt Latte

Post by Leichhardt Latte » Wed 19 Sep, 2018 3:09 pm

Cleary's reputation won't only be in tatters, it will be permanently stained. How could anyone with a modicum of pride, son or no son, return to a Club and an out of control autocrat that flicked him? He 'needed' a 'rest'? I think Penrith might do well to give Gould a long rest, perhaps 40 years or so. Same bloke who sold the League's Club's Pokie licences to fund his Academy. I bet there's a little plaque near the front door

Pawsandclaws

Post by Pawsandclaws » Wed 19 Sep, 2018 3:11 pm

bp tiger wrote:
That would mean the advice he gave to RF prior to him signing on again was untrue? I cannot see IC ruining his rep by doing that to the club and his players.

tigeress

Post by tigeress » Wed 19 Sep, 2018 3:37 pm

Pawsandclaws wrote:
Wed 19 Sep, 2018 3:11 pm
bp tiger wrote:
That would mean the advice he gave to RF prior to him signing on again was untrue? I cannot see IC ruining his rep by doing that to the club and his players.
Yes but he didn't say what he was going to do after 2020 :?: But you will say he doesn't need to tell us that :?: But surely if he signs a contract at Penrith for 2021, that's a bit underhanded, and he may rest on his laurels at WT's for the next 2 yrs :deadhorse:
I just wish he would come out and say something plausible to us all to put us out of our misery :brick: :bash

NT Tiger

Post by NT Tiger » Wed 19 Sep, 2018 3:41 pm

Pawsandclaws wrote:
bp tiger wrote:
I agree.
"Quality Stupidity"

Pawsandclaws

Post by Pawsandclaws » Wed 19 Sep, 2018 3:44 pm

tigeress wrote:
Wed 19 Sep, 2018 3:37 pm
Pawsandclaws wrote:
bp tiger wrote:
Yes but he didn't say what he was going to do after 2020 :?: But you will say he doesn't need to tell us that :?: But surely if he signs a contract at Penrith for 2021, that's a bit underhanded, and he may rest on his laurels at WT's for the next 2 yrs :deadhorse:
I just wish he would come out and say something plausible to us all to put us out of our misery :brick: :bash
I'd expect a landslide of these stories to emerge in the lead up to Nov 1. Perhaps the signing of NC at the Panthers is not as clear cut as Gus would have the public believe?

bathursttiger

Post by bathursttiger » Wed 19 Sep, 2018 3:48 pm

Maybe Ivan wants the club to release him so that he keeps a small bit of credibility.