Ivan Cleary - THREAD..

momo&medo

Re: Ivan Cleary - THREAD..

Post by momo&medo » Wed 19 Sep, 2018 3:53 pm

Fox Sports report
Penrith are set to install Cameron Ciraldo as head coach for next year’s NRL as they continue to be linked to Ivan Cleary in the long term.

Panthers boss Phil Gould suggested that Ciraldo would remain in charge in 2019 after guiding the Panthers through the final six weeks in a caretaker capacity.

The 33-year-old was handed the reins after Anthony Griffin’s sacking four weeks out from the finals and Gould said the club had no reason to bring in anyone else.

“I don’t see any need to change anything we’ve been doing for the last five or six weeks,” Gould said on the Six Tackles with Gus podcast.

“I’ve been very impressed with Cameron Ciraldo and the academy staff and we

momo&medo

Post by momo&medo » Wed 19 Sep, 2018 4:01 pm

Fox Sports report
Penrith are set to install Cameron Ciraldo as head coach for next year’s NRL as they continue to be linked to Ivan Cleary in the long term.

Panthers boss Phil Gould suggested that Ciraldo would remain in charge in 2019 after guiding the Panthers through the final six weeks in a caretaker capacity.

The 33-year-old was handed the reins after Anthony Griffin’s sacking four weeks out from the finals and Gould said the club had no reason to bring in anyone else.

“I don’t see any need to change anything we’ve been doing for the last five or six weeks,” Gould said on the Six Tackles with Gus podcast.

“I’ve been very impressed with Cameron Ciraldo and the academy staff and we threw everything in our academy at the NRL preparation. They did an outstanding job, I was really impressed with them.”

Ciraldo is contracted for next season after serving as an assistant under Griffin.

On Wednesday it was reported that the club’s board had rubber-stamped his ascension to the top job on a full-time basis.

The club’s move to oust Griffin so late in the season resulted in speculation Cleary was set to exit the Wests Tigers, with two years still to run on his contract.

Cleary stated his promise to “honour” his deal with the joint venture, however, has since refused to answer questions.

It’s believed that the Panthers are readying to offer Cleary the role for 2021 - which is viewed by many as an attempt by Penrith to force the Tigers’ hand and release him.

Tigers CEO Justin Pascoe has been contacted for comment though the club has, until this point, flatly refused to entertain the idea of Cleary leaving early.

NRL clubs are not allowed to negotiate with players more than 12 months before their contract expires.

The NRL said that chief operating officer Nick Weeks was set to examine a request from some clubs to alter the laws governing coaching negotiations so that they be brought in line with those that regulate player rules. Gould denied any knowledge of any negotiations between Cleary and his club. “I have nothing to do with the Ivan Cleary situation at all,” he said.

A return to the Penrith job, from which he was axed in 2015, would allow Cleary to team up with his son Nathan, who is expected to sign a rich multi-year contract extension.

The NSW playmaker has reportedly been offered a lucrative deal until the end of 2023 and has stated his desire to sort out his future in the next few weeks.

The 20-year-old returned to Panthers headquarters on Tuesday and Gould said he was confident of getting an agreement over the line.

“No confirmation but I’m confident we’ll get a deal done and he’ll be at Panthers for a fair while,” he said.

Post by 851 » Wed 19 Sep, 2018 4:12 pm

Penrith to offer Cleary 3 year deal, this has gone to far, we need to cut our losses.
https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... nt=control
Go hard or go home

The Patriot

Post by The Patriot » Wed 19 Sep, 2018 4:19 pm

How do people not see we are being manipulated by Penrith. It really has nothing to do with what Ivan has or has not said anymore.

The next two years are going to be a constant barrage of media speculation and rumours.

What a way to build a club.
Its an opinion!

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Wed 19 Sep, 2018 4:19 pm

851 wrote:
Wed 19 Sep, 2018 4:12 pm
Penrith to offer Cleary 3 year deal, this has gone to far, we need to cut our losses.
https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... nt=control
Of which losses do you speak?

tigerap

Post by tigerap » Wed 19 Sep, 2018 4:22 pm

The Patriot wrote:
Wed 19 Sep, 2018 4:19 pm
How do people not see we are being manipulated by Penrith. It really has nothing to do with what Ivan has or has not said anymore.

The next two years are going to be a constant barrage of media speculation and rumours.

Exactly... I’m over it 2 years we were stiffled as the big 4 shafted the club, now IC situation

Steve k

Post by Steve k » Wed 19 Sep, 2018 4:49 pm

the guy is way overated piss him off now

Swordy

Post by Swordy » Wed 19 Sep, 2018 4:52 pm

I'm not sure how we lose either. I don't care if Cleary signs elsewhere after his current contract or not. Come out now, reaffirm you are at the tigers for the remainder of your contract at which time you will evaluate your position. It's the same as every other team.

Not sure how that leads to constant questions.....
Sunshine Coast resident.
Tigers fan since birth in 1969.
Fond memories of Leichhardt Oval every home game as a kid with my Dad!

diedpretty

Post by diedpretty » Wed 19 Sep, 2018 4:54 pm

momo&medo wrote:
Wed 19 Sep, 2018 3:53 pm
Fox Sports report

“I’ve been very impressed with Cameron Ciraldo and the academy staff and we
Geez i'd be worried if I was Ciraldo. If Cleary does sign from 2021 and WT release him poor Cameron will be out the door faster than #$&T through a goose.

The Patriot

Post by The Patriot » Wed 19 Sep, 2018 4:56 pm

Swordy wrote:
Wed 19 Sep, 2018 4:52 pm
I'm not sure how we lose either. I don't care if Cleary signs elsewhere after his current contract or not. Come out now, reaffirm you are at the tigers for the remainder of your contract at which time you will evaluate your position. It's the same as every other team.

Not sure how that leads to constant questions.....
We are talking about if he signs with Penrith while he is still contracted here. Surely you can figure that out?

The media will be all over it, after every loss, every potential signing etc etc.
Its an opinion!

Harvey

Post by Harvey » Wed 19 Sep, 2018 4:56 pm

Surely if he is meeting with another club and there is any discussion around moving on earlier he is in breach of contract.

If he confirms a move and attempts to talk to players around improving or their future (as a coach would) he is acting on behalf of another club and breaking recruitment rules.

Stand him down. No pay but still contracted and unable to work elsewhere

NT Tiger

Post by NT Tiger » Wed 19 Sep, 2018 5:09 pm

Harvey wrote:
Wed 19 Sep, 2018 4:56 pm
Surely if he is meeting with another club and there is any discussion around moving on earlier he is in breach of contract.

If he confirms a move and attempts to talk to players around improving or their future (as a coach would) he is acting on behalf of another club and breaking recruitment rules.

And we can afford that?
"Quality Stupidity"

TonyTiger

Post by TonyTiger » Wed 19 Sep, 2018 5:09 pm

Steve k wrote:
Wed 19 Sep, 2018 4:49 pm
the guy is way overated piss him off now
I like you

Harvey

Post by Harvey » Wed 19 Sep, 2018 5:11 pm

NT Tiger wrote:
Wed 19 Sep, 2018 5:09 pm
Harvey wrote:

And we can afford that?
No pay. He is in breach of contract. Get someone else in

bp tiger

Post by bp tiger » Wed 19 Sep, 2018 5:15 pm

i dont care if he stays or goes, what worries me is the lack of quality signing WE ARE NOT getting and wont get if IVAN stays, because he will not be too worried about building a team knowing he is going to the panthers in 2 years. so even if IVAN tries to signing players who will want to come knowing hes leaving as soon as he can. the situation has become untenable, therefore we should squeeze the panthers for what ever we can get and piss him off.

NT Tiger

Post by NT Tiger » Wed 19 Sep, 2018 5:16 pm

The Patriot wrote:
Wed 19 Sep, 2018 4:19 pm

Who's 'we' Kemosabe?
It looks as though the media is being manipulated by Penrith, and panicked fans are being manipulated as a result, but are the Wests Tigers Management? I doubt it.
As professional business people I would hope they are not running around in circles chanting "the sky is falling". I would imagine that they either know exactly what is going on with the Cleary's, because Ivan told them, or if he's been foxing them they would have some contingencies in place.
"Quality Stupidity"

Harvey

Post by Harvey » Wed 19 Sep, 2018 5:18 pm

bp tiger wrote:
Wed 19 Sep, 2018 5:15 pm
i dont care if he stays or goes, what worries me is the lack of quality signing WE ARE NOT getting and wont get if IVAN stays, because he will not be too worried about building a team knowing he is going to the panthers in 2 years. so even if IVAN tries to signing players who will want to come knowing hes leaving as soon as he can. the situation has become untenable, therefore we should squeeze the panthers for what ever we can get and piss him off.
We should keep him. 2 more years here will see his win record under 45% and no one has a coaching career with that record

TonyTiger

Post by TonyTiger » Wed 19 Sep, 2018 5:23 pm

Harvey wrote:

There won’t be any compensation for us, no grounds, as Nathan, Ivan, Gould have all conspired to get the script ready after our futile early ramblings at board level when this all blew up. We should have struck while the iron was hot - I.e Penrith we’re guilty of enticing a contracted coach to break his contract which had over 2 years to run. Our threats were idle and gave Penrith the opportunity to dot all the i’s and cross all the t’s ...
Now they probably have a verbal plan with Ciraldo to accept the coaching roll and then roll over for Ivan as soon as we relent and cut Ivan early. That war Curaldo still gets his CV updated - ha, laughable but effective and no doubt a Gould master plan.
In any case can we still harbour Ivan after the events that have unfolded? I learnt to despite the guy overnight, the rescue rope we threw him is still intact, we should have severed it before we dragged him aboard.
You live & learn.