Ivan Cleary - THREAD..

AnnandaleTiger

Re: Ivan Cleary - THREAD..

Post by AnnandaleTiger » Wed 19 Sep, 2018 6:32 pm

We take more of a hit by giving them our coach. It’s wild speculation right now, and what ifs

Swordy

Post by Swordy » Wed 19 Sep, 2018 6:32 pm

The Patriot wrote:
Wed 19 Sep, 2018 5:58 pm
Swordy wrote:
Wed 19 Sep, 2018 5:24 pm
The Patriot wrote:
Wed 19 Sep, 2018 4:56 pm
Swordy wrote:
Wed 19 Sep, 2018 4:52 pm
I'm not sure how we lose either. I don't care if Cleary signs elsewhere after his current contract or not. Come out now, reaffirm you are at the tigers for the remainder of your contract at which time you will evaluate your position. It's the same as every other team.

Not sure how that leads to constant questions.....
We are talking about if he signs with Penrith while he is still contracted here. Surely you can figure that out?

The media will be all over it, after every loss, every potential signing etc etc.
I couldn't give a rats. Even if he signed an extension they'd be talking about it mate. The media make up whatever they like whenever they like.

Surely you remember a month ago he was done and dusted at Penrith for next year, full stop. Well guess what. He isnt!

You could ask the same questions about the other 15 coaches in the league. Man up, coach the team and if he leaves at the end of his contract well then so be it. As long as he does his best whilst he is here. 2 Years is a long time in this game and there will be 10000 other stories the media will beat up in that time.

The other 15 coaches wont have a contract at another club while currently employed for the next two years at theirs.

Rats or no rats its the reality of what will happen if he signs for Penrith and tries to continue coaching here.
Do you really think no other coach, recruitment staff or anyone else that strongly affects a club roster has ever agreed to terms or signed a contract with a rival team before the end of their current contract?

Or, if you really think he is toxic, we can cut him loose and get another coach who it will take 2 years for them to build their roster. Let's just keep going in circles.
Sunshine Coast resident.
Tigers fan since birth in 1969.
Fond memories of Leichhardt Oval every home game as a kid with my Dad!

old man tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by old man tiger » Wed 19 Sep, 2018 6:32 pm

Another solution, sound out madge or whoever as head of football, ivan reports to them and recruitment is through them.

TonyTiger

Post by TonyTiger » Wed 19 Sep, 2018 6:35 pm

willow wrote:
Wed 19 Sep, 2018 6:14 pm
TonyTiger wrote:
Wed 19 Sep, 2018 5:23 pm
Harvey wrote:
Surely if he is meeting with another club and there is any discussion around moving on earlier he is in breach of contract.

If he confirms a move and attempts to talk to players around improving or their future (as a coach would) he is acting on behalf of another club and breaking recruitment rules.

Stand him down. No pay but still contracted and unable to work elsewhere
There won’t be any compensation for us, no grounds, as Nathan, Ivan, Gould have all conspired to get the script ready after our futile early ramblings at board level when this all blew up. We should have struck while the iron was hot - I.e Penrith we’re guilty of enticing a contracted coach to break his contract which had over 2 years to run. Our threats were idle and gave Penrith the opportunity to dot all the i’s and cross all the t’s ...
Now they probably have a verbal plan with Ciraldo to accept the coaching roll and then roll over for Ivan as soon as we relent and cut Ivan early. That war Curaldo still gets his CV updated - ha, laughable but effective and no doubt a Gould master plan.
In any case can we still harbour Ivan after the events that have unfolded? I learnt to despite the guy overnight, the rescue rope we threw him is still intact, we should have severed it before we dragged him aboard.
You live & learn.
A few baseless assumptions in there Tony. Try and wait for some facts, I know it's hard but you'll gain a greater perspective at the end of the day.
Was waiting in anticipation of your negative reply, you’re nothing if predictable and consistent.
Keep up the good work.

Earl

Post by Earl » Wed 19 Sep, 2018 6:38 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Wed 19 Sep, 2018 6:48 am
Christ, we can’t have Cleary running off with all our secrets. Other clubs might finally learn the secret about how to miss the finals for 7 consecutive seasons.

Lol
Great point. He should have to go on gardening leave on our pay.

NT Tiger

Post by NT Tiger » Wed 19 Sep, 2018 6:42 pm

TonyTiger wrote:
Wed 19 Sep, 2018 6:35 pm
willow wrote:
TonyTiger wrote:
Harvey wrote:
Surely if he is meeting with another club and there is any discussion around moving on earlier he is in breach of contract.

If he confirms a move and attempts to talk to players around improving or their future (as a coach would) he is acting on behalf of another club and breaking recruitment rules.

Stand him down. No pay but still contracted and unable to work elsewhere
There won’t be any compensation for us, no grounds, as Nathan, Ivan, Gould have all conspired to get the script ready after our futile early ramblings at board level when this all blew up. We should have struck while the iron was hot - I.e Penrith we’re guilty of enticing a contracted coach to break his contract which had over 2 years to run. Our threats were idle and gave Penrith the opportunity to dot all the i’s and cross all the t’s ...
Now they probably have a verbal plan with Ciraldo to accept the coaching roll and then roll over for Ivan as soon as we relent and cut Ivan early. That war Curaldo still gets his CV updated - ha, laughable but effective and no doubt a Gould master plan.
In any case can we still harbour Ivan after the events that have unfolded? I learnt to despite the guy overnight, the rescue rope we threw him is still intact, we should have severed it before we dragged him aboard.
You live & learn.
A few baseless assumptions in there Tony. Try and wait for some facts, I know it's hard but you'll gain a greater perspective at the end of the day.
Was waiting in anticipation of your negative reply, you’re nothing if predictable and consistent.
Keep up the good work.
Good try Willow, but, oh well.
"Quality Stupidity"

Tigersmurf

Post by Tigersmurf » Wed 19 Sep, 2018 6:47 pm

The Cleary's are starting to sound like......
Pinky Brain.jpg
Pinky Brain.jpg (57.76 KiB) Viewed 297 times

cktiger

Post by cktiger » Wed 19 Sep, 2018 6:48 pm

No matter what happens it is getting beyond a joke.
Anybody else would have come out to clear things up one way or the other.

Pawsandclaws

Post by Pawsandclaws » Wed 19 Sep, 2018 6:51 pm

cktiger wrote:
Wed 19 Sep, 2018 6:48 pm
All the Maguire fan bois better move quickly, Weidler reporting Manly are interested although they still have Barrett. Barrett to me is a pretty good coach.

Post by 851 » Wed 19 Sep, 2018 6:53 pm

cktiger wrote:
Wed 19 Sep, 2018 6:48 pm
That is all I ask, Ivan's half baked 30 second script he read with no questions answered created more questions than answers, and still the real questions remain unanswered, why is this.
Go hard or go home

willow

Post by willow » Wed 19 Sep, 2018 6:56 pm

NT Tiger wrote:
Wed 19 Sep, 2018 6:42 pm
TonyTiger wrote:
Wed 19 Sep, 2018 6:35 pm
willow wrote:
TonyTiger wrote:

You live & learn.
Keep up the good work.
Good try Willow, but, oh well.
You try and introduce logic to a debate and get nonsensical rambling in return.

TonyTiger

Post by TonyTiger » Wed 19 Sep, 2018 6:58 pm

Back on topic please.

willow

Post by willow » Wed 19 Sep, 2018 7:02 pm

TonyTiger wrote:
Wed 19 Sep, 2018 6:58 pm
Back on topic please.
The ban hammer is not far away from falling on you Tony, not far away at all.

vlad

Post by vlad » Wed 19 Sep, 2018 7:14 pm

The Queen

Post by The Queen » Wed 19 Sep, 2018 7:15 pm

willow wrote:
Wed 19 Sep, 2018 7:02 pm
TonyTiger wrote:
Wed 19 Sep, 2018 6:58 pm
Back on topic please.
The ban hammer is not far away from falling on you Tony, not far away at all.
I think people are most upset because of no respect for the members and fans all this he said she said b/s just be a man stand up and tell us what's happening without us there is no game tv rights or money

I am cool if his said in 2021 I am off the Penrith or if he said I am after a 1 year contract extension to end all the B/S but it seems like he is being quite to get the best outcome for him self which I understand but don't like

WT2K

Post by WT2K » Wed 19 Sep, 2018 7:21 pm

vlad wrote:
Wed 19 Sep, 2018 7:14 pm
No more plodders!
:sign:

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Wed 19 Sep, 2018 7:22 pm

old man tiger wrote:
Wed 19 Sep, 2018 6:32 pm
Another solution, sound out madge or whoever as head of football, ivan reports to them and recruitment is through them.
So we punting Kelly Egan now too...
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..

Nucky Thompson

Post by Nucky Thompson » Wed 19 Sep, 2018 7:26 pm

Geo. wrote:
Wed 19 Sep, 2018 7:22 pm
old man tiger wrote:
Wed 19 Sep, 2018 6:32 pm
So we punting Kelly Egan now too...
Good idea Egan is terrible.