Ivan Cleary - THREAD..

TIGERPOWER

Re: Ivan Cleary - THREAD..

Post by TIGERPOWER » Wed 19 Sep, 2018 11:23 pm

formerguest wrote:
Wed 19 Sep, 2018 10:46 pm
It's clearly all been a mirage and continues to be. Cleary never discussed leaving early with Penrith or WT and as a man of integrity would never have even considered so.

Simply a charade so Go and Pascoe could get in front of the media to display their leadership credentials by inventing scenarios that allowed statements such as, we will not be bullied and won't be granting our coach a release.

Let's just lay all the blame on Gould, nothing to see here.
My favourite post on this topic so far. Can’t believe people can’t see how the Cleary family is taking us for a ride.

bigsiro

Post by bigsiro » Thu 20 Sep, 2018 12:05 am

TIGERPOWER wrote:
Wed 19 Sep, 2018 9:09 pm

So people are happy to have a coach who has already committed his future to our competitor. So what happens in his final year , who will be recruiting for ? What power will he have to recruit for 2019 and 2020. Why would anyone want to come here if they know it’s not good enough for the coach to stay. This is no longer about playing slimey Gould’s game, this is about what’s best for us as a team. If this is confirmed that he has signed make no mistake Ivan Cleary is worse than Gould and has zero integrity. Played us and the club for fools the whole time.
Even if he hasn’t actually committed, Nathan signing a long term contract and Ciraldo only a short one means only one thing.
Even if Ivan was committed for two years here your whole point about signings is spot on. It’s about culture and unless he is here long term we might as well cut ties now. Any longer and it’s doing damage to our future and our brand.
Make Wests Tigers Great Again

Telltails

Post by Telltails » Thu 20 Sep, 2018 12:08 am

Cant except Cleary as our coach if he commits to Penrith in 2021. Dont see how you can effectively do a rebuild under a coach who quite likely wont be there to see it through.
How on earth does he sell the direction we are headed in to players who know he has committed elsewhere?
I dont get how people think that is not an issue especially under the guise of what the original mantra of "on the bus" conveys.
If he doesnt sign and sees his contract through, than business as usual; but my feeling is that as soon as Nathan signs with Penrith that it will force Ivans hand especially if he wants to coach his son in the not too distant future.
A low act by Penrith if it plays out that way but if it happens Im of the view that we are better off without him with some hefty compensation.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Thu 20 Sep, 2018 12:19 am

It funny in a sense , it wasn't too many years ago when I used to sign contracts saying if I left my current position I couldn't link with a direct competitor for at least anywhere from 6-12 months

I'm surprised that isn't a signing mechanism in professional sport

I wouldn't be surprised if some amongst us are still forced to signs contracts along these lines .....

Tigerdave

Post by Tigerdave » Thu 20 Sep, 2018 12:21 am

Certain Tigers officials believe two years is ample time to come up with a succession plan given there are several NRL clubs with coaches coming off contract at the end of 2019.
Of course there's plenty of time, can't see a huge problem with that. Ivan has no extension currently and there's no guarantee of one anyway next year unless we actually get into the finals, then there might be one. So even if all this didn't crop up and we didn't make the finals next year, there'd still be limbo in regards to the coach.
However, there is a competing chain of thought. If Cleary accepts a deal with Penrith for 2021, some at the Tigers believe they will have to weigh up whether keeping a departing coach – albeit in two years' time – is in the best interest of the club's long-term aspirations for sustained success.
Stuff the Panthers for starters, but they've come out and told Ciraldo he's the coach for next year (weird they didn't say 2020 as well though), but maybe that'll be extended if Ivan signs with them and if he doesn't sign, they've got a year to see how Ciraldo goes before making any further decisions.

I wouldn't be releasing Ivan, just feels like giving in to be honest.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Thu 20 Sep, 2018 6:02 am

tiger_one wrote:
Mon 06 Aug, 2018 8:19 pm
The NRL media machine lives off all this madness, the controversy, the intrigue and everyone gets sucked into the mindless activity as if the world turns on every headline!

For my part, and I know nothing of the mechanics of any of this, I cannot see Mr Cleary turning away from the Wests Tigers to return to a club that has said goodbye to him once already - in fact, success here long term is motivation alone.
Its a business in itself...NRL media
When nothings happening, they fabricate things, or stoke the fire, to sell papers, increase ratings and get clicks...

Medias job is to :blah :blah :blah

Best advice imo? Listen to the club, not the media

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Thu 20 Sep, 2018 7:15 am

Went to bed last night and now there are another three pages or more on Clearygate.

It would seem the club are happy to have Ivan see out the next two years and than do what ever he wants. I guess that is for a few reasons, firstly they are happy with what he has achieved and what he is doing, secondly, they don’t want to be bullied

For a lot of people, it’s a no brainer, flick Cleary and start again, but
Iam happy to back the club on this call in what ever direction they decide to take. What ever way they go the media will keep taking pop shots at them.

For those demanding a response from the club......why?? They have already said what their position is and till that changes than why join the circus

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Thu 20 Sep, 2018 7:27 am

There were demands the night this story broke that the club issues a statement. The club makes one, and its still not good enough. Im sure if the club makes another now, again it won't be enough, and there will demands for the club to clarify their position a 4th time. I'm baffled that some of you still care so much. I learned my lesson after the big 4 fiasco last year not to get so emotionally invested. Especially when it goes on for months. Its exhausting. There's more to life.

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by jadtiger » Thu 20 Sep, 2018 7:45 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Thu 20 Sep, 2018 7:27 am
There were demands the night this story broke that the club issues a statement. The club makes one, and its still not good enough. Im sure if the club makes another now, again it won't be enough, and there will demands for the club to clarify their position a 4th time. I'm baffled that some of you still care so much. I learned my lesson after the big 4 fiasco last year not to get so emotionally invested. Especially when it goes on for months. Its exhausting. There's more to life.
You are correct about the consequences of the club making another statement there is nothing to be gained from it.Unfortunately there are people on here who will swallow anything the media say.
Gould would be proud of news ltd for the effect of their misinformation campaign they are doing exactly what he wants them to

willow

Post by willow » Thu 20 Sep, 2018 7:53 am

Notwithstanding the endless conjecture sprouted by many on here - please stop the disguised swearing and try and discuss this topic rationally. Yes, I said rationally and I'm probably asking a lot but it's really not that hard with a bit of effort. I'd rather not delete posts but if this thread continues the way it is, it will end up being locked until something concrete is announced.

TYGA

Post by TYGA » Thu 20 Sep, 2018 8:03 am

Maybe the POM can confirm but I’m hearing
WT management will sit down with Cleary in the next 2 weeks to table an extension to his contract. If he refuses and commits to the Panthers in 2021 they will sign Maguire and only release Cleary under their own terms.

Tigers prepared to let Cleary sit on the sidelines for 2 years playing full freight.
Panthers will pay to get it done now I feel cash is no concern to them.

The bus has reached the depot time to get on the Maguire Metro.

Harvey

Post by Harvey » Thu 20 Sep, 2018 8:06 am

Pascoe should call Cleary in and ask if there is any truth to the rumours. If Ivan confirms there is, reinforce the fact he is contracted and will not be released.

Then remind him of his contractual obligations and tell him he needs to front the press once a week.

tiger05premier

Post by tiger05premier » Thu 20 Sep, 2018 8:08 am

Im probably wrong with what I'm about to say and i don't like what's going on one little bit but here goes

Wouldn't it be funny if IC never ever had any intentions of ever going back to Penrith

The problem being NC sees himself as having unfinished business at Penrith with his mates

Both IC and NC work on getting the best deal they can for NC at Penrith with a clause regarding IC future

Once NC has agreed to the deal IC than recommits to tiger's

When NC goals at Penrith are reached he joins his dad at tiger's

Unlikely but would be nice just to see gus played for the fool

tiger05premier

Post by tiger05premier » Thu 20 Sep, 2018 8:12 am

TYGA wrote:
Thu 20 Sep, 2018 8:03 am
WT management will sit down with Cleary in the next 2 weeks to table an extension to his contract. If he refuses and commits to the Panthers in 2021 they will sign Maguire and only release Cleary under their own terms.

Tigers prepared to let Cleary sit on the sidelines for 2 years playing full freight.

On Newcastle radio this morning the sports update said Manly were deciding on whether to appoint Madge or Cartwright as new head coach

I hope if IC is going we are talking to Madge

Don Kershane

Post by Don Kershane » Thu 20 Sep, 2018 8:15 am

Might be opportune to look at signing Trent Barrett.Players love him, good football brain , there are some good pickings to be had from the Manly squad and he is the right age group to manage younger players.

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by formerguest » Thu 20 Sep, 2018 8:16 am

tiger05premier wrote:
Thu 20 Sep, 2018 8:08 am
Im probably wrong with what I'm about to say and i don't like what's going on one little bit but here goes

Wouldn't it be funny if IC never ever had any intentions of ever going back to Penrith

The problem being NC sees himself as having unfinished business at Penrith with his mates

Both IC and NC work on getting the best deal they can for NC at Penrith with a clause regarding IC future

There is absolutely zero integrity involved in such a scenario.

NT Tiger

Post by NT Tiger » Thu 20 Sep, 2018 8:19 am

tiger05premier wrote:
Thu 20 Sep, 2018 8:08 am

It is no more fanciful than some of the other propositions being put forward.
"Quality Stupidity"

WT2K

Post by WT2K » Thu 20 Sep, 2018 8:21 am

TYGA wrote:
Thu 20 Sep, 2018 8:03 am

Cheers Tyga. Interesting times ahead.
No more plodders!
:sign: