Ivan Cleary - THREAD..

Furious1

Re: Ivan Cleary - THREAD..

Post by Furious1 » Thu 20 Sep, 2018 1:08 pm

izotope wrote:
Thu 20 Sep, 2018 1:02 pm
Odds on IC signing a contract extension?
Zero

WT2K

Post by WT2K » Thu 20 Sep, 2018 1:10 pm

izotope wrote:
Zero
No more plodders!
:sign:

mightymagpie

Post by mightymagpie » Thu 20 Sep, 2018 1:11 pm

Abraham wrote:
Thu 20 Sep, 2018 12:42 pm
THE POM wrote:
Thu 20 Sep, 2018 12:20 pm
Simply if Ivan does not agree to extend his current deal with the club he WILL NOT be the head coach for 2019. Everything should be finalized one way or the other prior to pre-season, but this is affecting recruitment big time & has already cost us one signing.
At least the club is being proactive i suppose.

Was the player we missed out on a decent signing?

If Ivan goes i suppose the obvious replacement would be madge ... assuming he wants to come here. I'm just not sold on him for some reason. The game has changed alot since he won the prize with Souths, and his game plans and strategies are no longer effective. Hope i am wrong about him, but if its a toss up between Cleary and Madge, then i go with Ivan the Terrible.
I feel the same about Maguire. What about a young coach and a coaching director. Demetriou/Maguire as an example. Just a thought

mightymagpie

Post by mightymagpie » Thu 20 Sep, 2018 1:16 pm

THE POM wrote:
Thu 20 Sep, 2018 12:37 pm
hobbo wrote:
Thu 20 Sep, 2018 12:33 pm
THE POM wrote:
Simply if Ivan does not agree to extend his current deal with the club he WILL NOT be the head coach for 2019. Everything should be finalized one way or the other prior to pre-season, but this is affecting recruitment big time & has already cost us one signing.
But why is there the desire to extend him ?
He’s an average coach !
He has the backing of the players & all have bought into the culture & attitude he's created. Another coach no matter who it is will create instability at 1st. Improvements this year were shown & the club dose not want to upset that. Cleary's reputation has & will continue to take a hit until this is settled.
To me this is probably still the best option for us. We’re moving in the right direction. It would be a shame for IC to move on now not having a chance to complete his rebuilding project here.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Thu 20 Sep, 2018 1:25 pm

I thought Ivan was supposed to attract players, not scare them away. That was supposed to be one of the advantages of having a marquee coach.

TigerSkins

Post by TigerSkins » Thu 20 Sep, 2018 1:27 pm

THE POM wrote:
POM .. are you able to inform us on this player we missed out on, was .. ??

TopTiger

Post by TopTiger » Thu 20 Sep, 2018 1:31 pm

TigerSkins wrote:
Thu 20 Sep, 2018 1:27 pm
THE POM wrote:
POM .. are you able to inform us on this player we missed out on, was .. ??
Nathan Cleary !!

Earl

Post by Earl » Thu 20 Sep, 2018 1:31 pm

hobbo wrote:
Thu 20 Sep, 2018 12:33 pm
THE POM wrote:
But why is there the desire to extend him ?
He’s an average coach !
I'm not stating that he is an average coach but he clearly can't turn an average squad into a grand final winning team. The club should just do nothing and see what happens. Just continue trying to fill the roster and try and get quality players. The coaching situation shouldn't be a big drama.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Thu 20 Sep, 2018 1:32 pm

supercoach wrote:
Thu 20 Sep, 2018 1:01 pm
by
The fact that it is effecting our recruitment is a real issue because at the end of the day it’s the quality of your roster that wins you matches more than who coaches your team.

Our team will go backwards in 2019 without at least two more quality signings. You would also have to assume if CHN was the player we missed that he had some information that Cleary is on the move and being a close friend of NC that is possible.

I get the feeling this will be sorted very soon....with the smart money being on a new coach
Fact?
Because an anonymous username on a forum says so?
It may prove to be true in time... But at the time of posting I'd probably class it as a rumour rather than fact
Last edited by innsaneink on Thu 20 Sep, 2018 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by 2041 » Thu 20 Sep, 2018 1:36 pm

WT2K wrote:
Thu 20 Sep, 2018 1:10 pm
izotope wrote:
Zero
That's right. There's only one way this is going to play out.
- Does Cleary want to be at the Panthers? YES
- Will the Panthers take him if he's available now? YES
- Does Cleary know the Panthers will take him if he's available now? YES
- Can the Tigers offer anything in a new contract that will change Cleary's mind? ALMOST CERTAINLY NOT

Only thing left for the Tigers is (a) to get it wrapped up as soon as possible, (b) to see if it's possible to extract any advantage from it, and (c) to make the right decision about a successor ASAP.

Post by 851 » Thu 20 Sep, 2018 1:40 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Thu 20 Sep, 2018 1:32 pm
supercoach wrote:
by
The fact that it is effecting our recruitment is a real issue because at the end of the day it’s the quality of your roster that wins you matches more than who coaches your team.

Our team will go backwards in 2019 without at least two more quality signings. You would also have to assume if CHN was the player we missed that he had some information that Cleary is on the move and being a close friend of NC that is possible.

I get the feeling this will be sorted very soon....with the smart money being on a new coach
Fact?
It is Pom, he has a great strike rate, but you continue to beleive there is nothing to the story, I have never beleived there was nothing to it.
Gus is laughing at us, and has done for a while now, but we are finally doing something about it, I say about time
Go hard or go home

marzie

Post by marzie » Thu 20 Sep, 2018 1:40 pm

How tiring :/

bigsiro

Post by bigsiro » Thu 20 Sep, 2018 1:41 pm

Earl wrote:
Thu 20 Sep, 2018 1:31 pm
The club should just do nothing and see what happens. Just continue trying to fill the roster and try and get quality players. The coaching situation shouldn't be a big drama.
:roll
Earl! Who writes your lines?
Hilarious!
Hey kids, come listen to Earl! He's here all week!
Make Wests Tigers Great Again

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Thu 20 Sep, 2018 1:43 pm

851 wrote:
Thu 20 Sep, 2018 1:40 pm
innsaneink wrote:
supercoach wrote:
by

Fact?
It is Pom, he has a great strike rate, but you continue to beleive there is nothing to the story, I have never beleived there was nothing to it.
Gus is laughing at us, and has done for a while now, but we are finally doing something about it, I say about time
There's something to it.
I just go by the facts as we know them.... Media and forum rumours do little for me

What are we doing about it?

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Thu 20 Sep, 2018 1:45 pm

innsaneink wrote:
supercoach wrote:
by

Fact?
It may prove to be true in time... But at the time of posting I'd probably class it as a rumour rather than fact

Okay fact is probably not the right word, but you have been around this forum long enough to know that Pom is very reliable with his posts and what he says is usually on the money

TheDaBoss

Post by TheDaBoss » Thu 20 Sep, 2018 1:45 pm

Why dont we just forget all this and make finals footy for once :/

Cairnstigers

Post by Cairnstigers » Thu 20 Sep, 2018 1:52 pm

This whole situation between Ivan the Tigers and Penrith is obviously hurting our club
And I do hold Ivan Responsible for this
It's simple
Just tell us fans what the hell is going on Ivan
We get it
You want to coach your Son
You can do that at just about any club
But dont drag this club down with you
Dont do it to the club who gave you a chance
And to all of us supporters as we dont deserve to be in this situation
Come clean now please
This club of ours wants success but we can get that if we cant sign more quality players
And that will not happen while you are pondering your future
Give us supporters a break Ivan
Just come clean

I for one want you to stay
But only if your hearts in it and for that we need proof
Re commit
Even if 3 years in the clubs favour
Do well and get re signed and bring Nathan

Enough damage has already been done
Some of us are getting to old to keep on hoping only to be dealt with another round of disappointment
This time because the coach seams to want to do a runner

Put a stop to it
It's that simple

Telltails

Post by Telltails » Thu 20 Sep, 2018 1:55 pm

THE POM wrote:
And there you go.... we must act and cut ties with the Clearys asap!!!