Thu 20 Sep, 2018 1:43 pm
851 wrote:
Thu 20 Sep, 2018 1:40 pm
innsaneink wrote:
Thu 20 Sep, 2018 1:32 pm
supercoach wrote:
Thu 20 Sep, 2018 1:01 pm
by
The fact that it is effecting our recruitment is a real issue because at the end of the day it’s the quality of your roster that wins you matches more than who coaches your team.

Our team will go backwards in 2019 without at least two more quality signings. You would also have to assume if CHN was the player we missed that he had some information that Cleary is on the move and being a close friend of NC that is possible.

I get the feeling this will be sorted very soon....with the smart money being on a new coach
Fact?
Because an anonymous username on a forum says so?
It is Pom, he has a great strike rate, but you continue to beleive there is nothing to the story, I have never beleived there was nothing to it.
Gus is laughing at us, and has done for a while now, but we are finally doing something about it, I say about time
There's something to it.
I just go by the facts as we know them.... Media and forum rumours do little for me

What are we doing about it?
If Pom says the club are offering an extension or a termination, I believe him, and I agree with it.
Go hard or go home

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Thu 20 Sep, 2018 2:01 pm

That's pretty foolish imo

Curly Tiger

Post by Curly Tiger » Thu 20 Sep, 2018 2:12 pm

What do we make of Brett Read's claim that Nathan has a clause in his contract allowing him to leave if Ivan doesn't join? If it's true it would suggest Ivan isn't a done deal there as yet and also opens the door for us to go super hard for Ivan knowing there's a fair chance Nathan would join him at some point during any Ivan extension

It would be interesting listening around the Cleary dinner table, not sure if that's in Penrith or on the beaches at the moment

I have no idea what to believe, but from the POM I take it we are all about the extension, so anything seems possible with the winning club likely to get both. Lots for him to consider beyond $ but I think Ivan is the key to the whole box and dice

Penrith Pros: Community link, Nathan there (this may bepossible anywhere though), Good squad
Penrith Cons: Gus shadow, Reputational damage

Tigers Pros: Reputation maintained, Gus revenge, Move into new Newport house, His own squad
Tigers Cons: Lesser (but his) squad, I don't know beyond that

Tweed Tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by Tweed Tiger » Thu 20 Sep, 2018 2:24 pm

New hit TV show announced keeping up with the clearys

bathursttiger

Post by bathursttiger » Thu 20 Sep, 2018 2:26 pm

There’s no chance that they would put a get out clause for ‘19&20. NC might have a get out clause for ‘21 onwards inserted in the contract.

WT2K

Post by WT2K » Thu 20 Sep, 2018 2:27 pm

Tweed Tiger wrote:
Thu 20 Sep, 2018 2:24 pm
New hit TV show announced keeping up with the clearys
:lol:
No more plodders!
:sign:

Tigers17

Post by Tigers17 » Thu 20 Sep, 2018 2:36 pm

Please help me.

Can somebody please tell me the last time, "The Pom", unequivocally got something right.

All I ever see in his postings are suppositions.

philgood

Post by philgood » Thu 20 Sep, 2018 2:50 pm

Tigers17 wrote:
Thu 20 Sep, 2018 2:36 pm
Please help me.

Can somebody please tell me the last time, "The Pom", unequivocally got something right.

Was correct on us signing Matulino, Ben Reynolds amongst others. And Farah and Benji playing on next year. All before anything came out in the media. POM and Yossarian are the only 2 with an idea of what goes on behind the scenes. So what they say holds a lot weight for me. Everyone else is just guess work.

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by jadtiger » Thu 20 Sep, 2018 3:00 pm

philgood wrote:
Thu 20 Sep, 2018 2:50 pm
Tigers17 wrote:
Please help me.

Was correct on us signing Matulino, Ben Reynolds amongst others. And Farah and Benji playing on next year. All before anything came out in the media. POM and Yossarian are the only 2 with an idea of what goes on behind the scenes. So what they say holds a lot weight for me. Everyone else is just guess work.
x2 they are about the only ones who have reliable info that gets passed on

sideline eye

Post by sideline eye » Thu 20 Sep, 2018 3:07 pm

851 wrote:
innsaneink wrote:
supercoach wrote:
by
The fact that it is effecting our recruitment is a real issue because at the end of the day it’s the quality of your roster that wins you matches more than who coaches your team.

Our team will go backwards in 2019 without at least two more quality signings. You would also have to assume if CHN was the player we missed that he had some information that Cleary is on the move and being a close friend of NC that is possible.

I get the feeling this will be sorted very soon....with the smart money being on a new coach
Fact?
It is Pom, he has a great strike rate, but you continue to beleive there is nothing to the story, I have never beleived there was nothing to it.
Gus is laughing at us, and has done for a while now, but we are finally doing something about it, I say about time
Given Ivan's assurances, both with his statement and to Robbie Farah, I am one who thought that there was nothing in this story BUT when I see THE POM write that Cleary won't be coaching us unless he signs an extension, I now believe that this story is real and the club believes it's real. I really thought and continue to think that Ivan is a man of his word but he has only said that he'll be here for the next two years. However, it now seems that it was what he didn't say that was more important than what he did say, that being that he would enter into negotiations with a rival club midway through his tenure. Clearly this is destabilising his current club and the only way for him to salvage his reputation is to sign an extension with us.

What I expect from our head coach is loyalty and entering into negotiations with Penrith at this stage has to be gross disloyalty as he must be fully aware of the instability he is creating. If he can't see this, then his reputation of being a straight arrow is shattered and I'll be quite happy to see him go.

The choice is his and he has set in motion something which now has to go to a conclusion, rather than be allowed to drift. If he chooses Penrith, then he has lied by omission to fans, members, players and his club. If he chooses Wests Tigers by signing an extension, his standing is only restored somewhat given the turmoil this has created and he can only regain his reputation by doing extaordinary things for this club over the rest of his tenure.
Last edited by sideline eye on Thu 20 Sep, 2018 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tigeress

Post by tigeress » Thu 20 Sep, 2018 3:14 pm

Cairnstigers wrote:
Thu 20 Sep, 2018 1:52 pm
This whole situation between Ivan the Tigers and Penrith is obviously hurting our club
And I do hold Ivan Responsible for this
It's simple
Just tell us fans what the hell is going on Ivan
We get it
You want to coach your Son
You can do that at just about any club
But dont drag this club down with you
Dont do it to the club who gave you a chance
And to all of us supporters as we dont deserve to be in this situation
Come clean now please
This club of ours wants success but we can get that if we cant sign more quality players
And that will not happen while you are pondering your future
Give us supporters a break Ivan
Just come clean

I for one want you to stay
But only if your hearts in it and for that we need proof
Re commit
Even if 3 years in the clubs favour
Do well and get re signed and bring Nathan

Enough damage has already been done
Some of us are getting to old to keep on hoping only to be dealt with another round of disappointment
This time because the coach seams to want to do a runner

Put a stop to it
It's that simple
Well said Cairnstiger :D

Spartan117

Post by Spartan117 » Thu 20 Sep, 2018 3:19 pm

Lets be honest,

If its money, then the Tigers will match whatever the Panthers are offering for both Father and Son.

The club is a poorer one with worse facilities and no single home ground.

POLL Question - would you belittle yourself and work for the man that shamed you a few years back??

Spartan117

Post by Spartan117 » Thu 20 Sep, 2018 3:21 pm

PS - I dont believe Gould anymore

He has been proved to be very very very VERY misleading.

momo&medo

Post by momo&medo » Thu 20 Sep, 2018 3:25 pm

If you wrote a book about goings on at this Club ..... the publisher, having read the draft, would definitely classify it as good item of fiction.
But yes folks it’s true.
We are just bloody JINXED!

Tigers17

Post by Tigers17 » Thu 20 Sep, 2018 3:26 pm

philgood wrote:
Tigers17 wrote:
Please help me.

Thanks for your response.

I'm too busy trying to earn a living to read every post.

But what I've read on this forum only Yossarian seems to be on the money, I eagerly await his next posting. Where are you Yoss?

TigerTiger

Post by TigerTiger » Thu 20 Sep, 2018 3:30 pm

sideline eye wrote:
Thu 20 Sep, 2018 3:07 pm
851 wrote:
innsaneink wrote:
supercoach wrote:
by

Fact?
Given Ivan's assurances, both with his statement and to Robbie Farah, I am one who thought that there was nothing in this story BUT when I see THE POM write that Cleary won't be coaching us unless he signs an extension, I now believe that this story is real and the club believes it's real. I really thought and continue to think that Ivan is a man of his word but he has only said that he'll be here for the next two years. However, it now seems that it was what he didn't say that was more important than what he did say, that being that he would enter into negotiations with a rival club midway through his tenure. Clearly this is destabilising his current club and the only way for him to salvage his reputation is to sign an extension with us.

What I expect from our head coach is loyalty and entering into negotiations with Penrith at this stage has to be gross disloyalty as he must be fully aware of the instability he is creating. If he can't see this, then his reputation of being a straight arrow is shattered and I'll be quite happy to see him go.

The choice is his and he has set in motion something which now has to go to a conclusion, rather than be allowed to drift. If he chooses Penrith, then he has lied by omission to fans, members, players and his club. If he chooses Wests Tigers by signing an extension, his standing is only restored somewhat given the turmoil this has created and he can only regain his reputation by doing extaotdinary things for this club over the rest of his tenure.
Again, well said. 100% on everything.

And very glad the POM said that head office is trying to sort though this mess. Hope it's happening behind the scenes like he said.
A one eyed supporter, mostly :crazy, always :sign:

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Thu 20 Sep, 2018 3:53 pm

philgood wrote:
Tigers17 wrote:
Please help me.

Agree. All other "insiders" are full of hot air.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Thu 20 Sep, 2018 3:54 pm

TigerTorch was the undisputed king of insider info though.