Ivan Cleary - THREAD..

TigerTiger

Re: Ivan Cleary - THREAD..

Post by TigerTiger » Thu 20 Sep, 2018 6:33 pm

Lauren wrote:
Thu 20 Sep, 2018 6:25 pm
Did anyone catch Brooks on NRL tonight? Only caught some of it and only managed to hear him say in response to Cleary questions...he’s used to speculation...is not as bothered not knowing Cleary’s future with Tigers....loves Ivan as coach and what he’s done for his game (along the lines of)

Also came across this a bit earlier and thought it was interesting enough to share
Wow, that looks familiar.

Wonder what players Madge would bring in?
A one eyed supporter, mostly :crazy, always :sign:

The Patriot

Post by The Patriot » Thu 20 Sep, 2018 6:34 pm

TYGA wrote:
Thu 20 Sep, 2018 3:54 pm
THE POM wrote:
Thu 20 Sep, 2018 12:20 pm
Simply if Ivan does not agree to extend his current deal with the club he WILL NOT be the head coach for 2019. Everything should be finalized one way or the other prior to pre-season, but this is affecting recruitment big time & has already cost us one signing.
Exactly what I heard and posted earlier. I am curious which signing did not happen as a result. It will cost us more if it’s not put to bed quickly.

I just cant see this being put to bed on our end.

I dont think the media will let this rest until Penrith name a high profile coach to replace Ciraldo.

While ever Ciraldo is coaching Penrith there will be speculation.
Its an opinion!

tigerap

Post by tigerap » Thu 20 Sep, 2018 6:36 pm

Lauren wrote:
Did anyone catch Brooks on NRL tonight? Only caught some of it and only managed to hear him say in response to Cleary questions...he’s used to speculation...is not as bothered not knowing Cleary’s future with Tigers....loves Ivan as coach and what he’s done for his game (along the lines of)

Also came across this a bit earlier and thought it was interesting enough to share
What worked once can work again.....isn’t that right Ivan?.....

The_Doc

Post by The_Doc » Thu 20 Sep, 2018 6:43 pm

Just get what you can out of it and get rid of him quickly, theres a snowflakes chance in hell Ivan will sign an extension we all know that. His rebuild has in fact set us back significantly if we dont stem the bleeding it will only get worse.

TheDaBoss

Post by TheDaBoss » Thu 20 Sep, 2018 6:47 pm

The Patriot wrote:
Thu 20 Sep, 2018 6:34 pm
TYGA wrote:
Thu 20 Sep, 2018 3:54 pm
THE POM wrote:
Simply if Ivan does not agree to extend his current deal with the club he WILL NOT be the head coach for 2019. Everything should be finalized one way or the other prior to pre-season, but this is affecting recruitment big time & has already cost us one signing.
Exactly what I heard and posted earlier. I am curious which signing did not happen as a result. It will cost us more if it’s not put to bed quickly.

I just cant see this being put to bed on our end.

I dont think the media will let this rest until Penrith name a high profile coach to replace Ciraldo.

While ever Ciraldo is coaching Penrith there will be speculation.
true

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by jadtiger » Thu 20 Sep, 2018 6:47 pm

Swordy wrote:
Thu 20 Sep, 2018 5:54 pm
bp tiger wrote:
Thu 20 Sep, 2018 5:44 pm
i really had high hopes when we signed IVAN, and i think he has done a fine job in the 1st year, but the MAN THAT I THOUGHT HE WAS has turned out to be IVAN THE TERRIBLE. HE HAS BETRAYED all tiger supporters just so he can coach his son the bloke must have no morals at all, after been sacked, he is willing to crawl back to where they kicked him to the gutter. i dont want him here for 2 years then run off, u have destroyed everything u have build in the last year ivan, u and ur family must be very shallow to be willing to destroy what u claimed to be GET ON THE BUS, NOW i just want to throw u and ur son under the bus. time for the COE to give him his marching orders and get what ever we can from GUS.
:lol: this has to be a gee up.....
Unfortunately not most of his/her posts are similar to this

mike
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by mike » Thu 20 Sep, 2018 6:48 pm

Tweed Tiger wrote:
Thu 20 Sep, 2018 2:24 pm
New hit TV show announced keeping up with the clearys
More like keeping up with the Forum. This thread is hilarious. I’d just like to say that this little Wests Tigers supporter knows nothing.
Western Suburbs supporter since 1960 | Balmain junior since 1967 | Wests Tigers supporter since 1999

tigerap

Post by tigerap » Thu 20 Sep, 2018 6:51 pm

uuem wrote:
Thu 20 Sep, 2018 12:34 pm
THE POM wrote:
How I hope this plays out:
1) NC signed a 4 year mega contract to stay with Penrith has his Ivan clause agreed to; he gets to play with his mates for another couple of years...

2) we sign IC till 2023

3) we extend Brooks till 2023
4) after Reynolds contact ends (2021 or earlier)..NC exercises his IC get out clause and joins the Tigers.....

That would be the best “up yours Gus”ever!!

Pawsandclaws

Post by Pawsandclaws » Thu 20 Sep, 2018 6:53 pm

mightymagpie wrote:
Thu 20 Sep, 2018 1:16 pm
THE POM wrote:
Thu 20 Sep, 2018 12:37 pm
hobbo wrote:
Thu 20 Sep, 2018 12:33 pm
THE POM wrote:
But why is there the desire to extend him ?
He’s an average coach !
He has the backing of the players & all have bought into the culture & attitude he's created. Another coach no matter who it is will create instability at 1st. Improvements this year were shown & the club dose not want to upset that. Cleary's reputation has & will continue to take a hit until this is settled.
To me this is probably still the best option for us. We’re moving in the right direction. It would be a shame for IC to move on now not having a chance to complete his rebuilding project here.
I have to agree that IC remaining with us is the best option. If it is an issue about tenure, the contract extension to be offered should resolve the matter.

Swordy

Post by Swordy » Thu 20 Sep, 2018 6:54 pm

cqtiger wrote:
Thu 20 Sep, 2018 4:23 pm
I must be the only one who doesn’t care about what the Cleary’s do. Ivan has confirmed he’ll see out his contract - that’s good enough for me.

The suggestion that it is wreaking havoc on our recruitment is laughable. Some suggest we lost CHN because of it but we got Ryan Matterson who some say is a better signing anyway.

Even the Pom said previously that contract offers had been made to a few players and that we were hopeful. I can’t remember reading any of Pom’s posts where he was certain of signing players.

If the Wests Tigers offer Ivan an extension and he refuses because he still has 2 more years on his current one, do you really sack him? We’d look proper fools.

I am happy for Ivan to coach us for the next few years but if he leaves, or is sacked, I am happy to support the next bloke.
Here here! Couldn't have said it better with a weeks worth of prep.
Sunshine Coast resident.
Tigers fan since birth in 1969.
Fond memories of Leichhardt Oval every home game as a kid with my Dad!

bathursttiger

Post by bathursttiger » Thu 20 Sep, 2018 6:55 pm

Australia Stock Exchange announcement Telstra shares have doubled, thanks to ongoing concerns about Ivan Cleay’s contract at the Wests Tigers.
Telstra’s profit has increased significantly due to extra data usage by Wests Tigers Forum members.

WT2K

Post by WT2K » Thu 20 Sep, 2018 6:57 pm

TigerTiger wrote:
Thu 20 Sep, 2018 6:33 pm
Lauren wrote:

*searches current rabbits players off contract now and next year* :lol:
No more plodders!
:sign:

bathursttiger

Post by bathursttiger » Thu 20 Sep, 2018 7:01 pm

WT2K wrote:
Thu 20 Sep, 2018 6:57 pm
TigerTiger wrote:
Thu 20 Sep, 2018 6:33 pm
Lauren wrote:

*searches current rabbits players off contract now and next year* :lol:
I think the players celebrated when Madge got shafted.

TYGA

Post by TYGA » Thu 20 Sep, 2018 7:07 pm

Tigers fans are passionate which is why we turn up to games more than any other Sydney teams with our poor records. The issue here is not Cleary. He’s not Craig Bellamy. It’s the disrespect of our club with the non response and being effectively caught out negotiating behind closed doors with Penrith. Griffin said he was sacked because they were getting Cleary. He’s a straight shooter and has no agenda against us. It’s naieve to think he will sign an extension and treating fans in this fashion is disgraceful. Talking about coaching your son all year clearly shows this was pre planned as were Gould’s comments to Politis that he had a plan to retain Cleary. The plan is being played out precisey. Our management were played for fools and effectively lied to as were players he signed from other clubs. Players will get on with it it’s the fans that suffer and they are the ones paying the hard earned to watch the muppet show at the Clearys.

Nucky Thompson

Post by Nucky Thompson » Thu 20 Sep, 2018 7:09 pm

TYGA wrote:
Thu 20 Sep, 2018 7:07 pm
Tigers fans are passionate which is why we turn up to games more than any other Sydney teams with our poor records. The issue here is not Cleary. He’s not Craig Bellamy. It’s the disrespect of our club with the non response and being effectively caught out negotiating behind closed doors with Penrith. Griffin said he was sacked because they were getting Cleary. He’s a straight shooter and has no agenda against us. It’s naieve to think he will sign an extension and treating fans in this fashion is disgraceful. Talking about coaching your son all year clearly shows this was pre planned as were Gould’s comments to Politis that he had a plan to retain Cleary. The plan is being played out precisey. Our management were played for fools and effectively lied to as were players he signed from other clubs. Players will get on with it it’s the fans that suffer and they are the ones paying the hard earned to watch the muppet show at the Clearys.
Well said mate

The Patriot

Post by The Patriot » Thu 20 Sep, 2018 7:13 pm

Having a bit of a think about Cleary being offered a contract extension to flush him out.

One of the main reasons for them doing that may be to force Ivan's hands is if they expect he has a handshake deal with Penrith for 2021. Perhaps they have worked out he was just going to go through the motions for the next 2 seasons and "honour his contract"

More and more im happy to know the club is no longer run by amateurs.
Its an opinion!

WT2K

Post by WT2K » Thu 20 Sep, 2018 7:16 pm

The Patriot wrote:
Thu 20 Sep, 2018 7:13 pm
Having a bit of a think about Cleary being offered a contract extension to flush him out.

One of the main reasons for them doing that may be to force Ivan's hands is if they expect he has a handshake deal with Penrith for 2021. Perhaps they have worked out he was just going to go through the motions for the next 2 seasons and "honour his contract"

More and more im happy to know the club is no longer run by amateurs.
Pascoe doing a good job of it for mine.
No more plodders!
:sign:

tiger05premier

Post by tiger05premier » Thu 20 Sep, 2018 7:17 pm

Nucky Thompson wrote:
Thu 20 Sep, 2018 7:09 pm
TYGA wrote:
Thu 20 Sep, 2018 7:07 pm
Well said mate
X2