Re: Ivan Cleary - THREAD..

Post by hsvjones » Thu 20 Sep, 2018 8:34 pm

TIGERPOWER wrote:
Thu 20 Sep, 2018 8:31 pm
innsaneink wrote:
Thu 20 Sep, 2018 8:27 pm
hsvjones wrote:
Thu 20 Sep, 2018 8:20 pm
My only concern with all this rubbish is that if we don't act on this urgently we will lose Ivan and not be able to get a good replacement coach in time.. Good coaches don't stay on the unemployment line long..
Manly also need a coach and would hope we can at least have a crack at McGuire or Toov's .

Everyone is worried about the players etc... but the main people effected are us fans and we have had enough.
I'd probably prefer Madge to Tooves...
You getting paranoid? Why you changing coaches? But but Cleary is going no where and hasn’t even talked to the panthers. The whole world is making it up.
If this is all made up I really think Tigers need to come out again and put this to bed and I MEAN Ivan himself..
He is leaving but not sure when.

TIGERPOWER

Post by TIGERPOWER » Thu 20 Sep, 2018 8:34 pm

TonyTiger wrote:
Thu 20 Sep, 2018 7:40 pm
TYGA wrote:
Thu 20 Sep, 2018 7:07 pm
Tigers fans are passionate which is why we turn up to games more than any other Sydney teams with our poor records. The issue here is not Cleary. He’s not Craig Bellamy. It’s the disrespect of our club with the non response and being effectively caught out negotiating behind closed doors with Penrith. Griffin said he was sacked because they were getting Cleary. He’s a straight shooter and has no agenda against us. It’s naieve to think he will sign an extension and treating fans in this fashion is disgraceful. Talking about coaching your son all year clearly shows this was pre planned as were Gould’s comments to Politis that he had a plan to retain Cleary. The plan is being played out precisey. Our management were played for fools and effectively lied to as were players he signed from other clubs. Players will get on with it it’s the fans that suffer and they are the ones paying the hard earned to watch the muppet show at the Clearys.
Good on you mate, you speak your mind, by now you will have been red flagged, good luck.
Well said Tyga my thoughts exactly on this. As to Ivan the terrible let him go down as the most despicable coach we have had. Lamb and JT couldn’t coach, but they had integrity and would never have dogged us like this.

TIGERPOWER

Post by TIGERPOWER » Thu 20 Sep, 2018 8:36 pm

hsvjones wrote:
Thu 20 Sep, 2018 8:34 pm
TIGERPOWER wrote:
innsaneink wrote:
hsvjones wrote:
My only concern with all this rubbish is that if we don't act on this urgently we will lose Ivan and not be able to get a good replacement coach in time.. Good coaches don't stay on the unemployment line long..
Manly also need a coach and would hope we can at least have a crack at McGuire or Toov's .

Everyone is worried about the players etc... but the main people effected are us fans and we have had enough.
You getting paranoid? Why you changing coaches? But but Cleary is going no where and hasn’t even talked to the panthers. The whole world is making it up.
If this is all made up I really think Tigers need to come out again and put this to bed and I MEAN Ivan himself..
Sorry that comment wasn’t aimed at you. Aimed at the non paranoid poster commenting on your post lol.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Thu 20 Sep, 2018 8:39 pm

hsvjones wrote:
Thu 20 Sep, 2018 8:34 pm
TIGERPOWER wrote:
innsaneink wrote:
hsvjones wrote:

He'll leave some day.
We all will.

bathursttiger

Post by bathursttiger » Thu 20 Sep, 2018 8:42 pm

Cairnstigers wrote:
Thu 20 Sep, 2018 8:28 pm
bathursttiger wrote:
Thu 20 Sep, 2018 6:55 pm
Australia Stock Exchange announcement Telstra shares have doubled, thanks to ongoing concerns about Ivan Cleay’s contract at the Wests Tigers.
Telstra’s profit has increased significantly due to extra data usage by Wests Tigers Forum members.
Great to hear
I have a few thousand shares
I need to make my money back
Now back to the discussion please
Just trying to lighten up the thread a bit that’s all.

diedpretty

Post by diedpretty » Thu 20 Sep, 2018 8:46 pm

tigerap wrote:
Thu 20 Sep, 2018 8:04 pm
innsaneink wrote:
Thu 20 Sep, 2018 7:47 pm
lol
Theres a paranoid few on here
Replace paranoid with passionate....
Passionate paranoia.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Thu 20 Sep, 2018 8:54 pm

diedpretty wrote:
Thu 20 Sep, 2018 8:46 pm
tigerap wrote:
Thu 20 Sep, 2018 8:04 pm
innsaneink wrote:
Thu 20 Sep, 2018 7:47 pm
lol
Theres a paranoid few on here
Replace paranoid with passionate....
Passionate paranoia.
Yeah, nonchalant paranoia just dont cut it

diedpretty

Post by diedpretty » Thu 20 Sep, 2018 8:55 pm

innsaneink wrote:
hsvjones wrote:

I'd be seriously looking at Adam O'Brien if we are sussing out coaches - Bellamy annointed him as his successor then shafted him by signing an extension - he has come through the Melbourne system which is as good as any in the NRL.

WswWt

Post by WswWt » Thu 20 Sep, 2018 8:57 pm

Just cut ties. Sign Madge and get on with bolstering our side.
And then get ready for round one next year when the NRL will match us up with the Cleary’s. And have Mahe run at Nathan all day.

Cairnstigers

Post by Cairnstigers » Thu 20 Sep, 2018 9:00 pm

bathursttiger wrote:
Thu 20 Sep, 2018 8:42 pm
Cairnstigers wrote:
Thu 20 Sep, 2018 8:28 pm
bathursttiger wrote:
Thu 20 Sep, 2018 6:55 pm
Australia Stock Exchange announcement Telstra shares have doubled, thanks to ongoing concerns about Ivan Cleay’s contract at the Wests Tigers.
Telstra’s profit has increased significantly due to extra data usage by Wests Tigers Forum members.
Great to hear
I have a few thousand shares
I need to make my money back
Now back to the discussion please
Just trying to lighten up the thread a bit that’s all.
I actually do have a few thousand shares
Not having a go at you
Anything to get my investment back

Cairnstigers

Post by Cairnstigers » Thu 20 Sep, 2018 9:02 pm

WswWt wrote:
Thu 20 Sep, 2018 8:57 pm
And then get ready for round one next year when the NRL will match us up with the Cleary’s. And have Mahe run at Nathan all day.
Yeah
He will have a big target that's for sure

avocadoontoast

Post by avocadoontoast » Thu 20 Sep, 2018 9:07 pm

WswWt wrote:
If Mahe is in our starting line up next year then we’ve failed miserably on the recruitment front.

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Thu 20 Sep, 2018 9:17 pm

Nelson wrote:
Thu 20 Sep, 2018 9:38 am
supercoach wrote:
Thu 20 Sep, 2018 8:31 am
TYGA wrote:
Thu 20 Sep, 2018 8:03 am
Maybe the POM can confirm but I’m hearing
WT management will sit down with Cleary in the next 2 weeks to table an extension to his contract. If he refuses and commits to the Panthers in 2021 they will sign Maguire and only release Cleary under their own terms.

Tigers prepared to let Cleary sit on the sidelines for 2 years playing full freight.
Panthers will pay to get it done now I feel cash is no concern to them.

The bus has reached the depot time to get on the Maguire Metro.

Cleary would have a contract that spells out his job description, the minute the club attempts to change that he has grounds to break the contract. In other words, they can not get another head coach and pay Cleary to do nothing or perform another role. Of course it depends on how the contract is written but it would be very odd if it did not contain a detailed job description
Yeah that sounds like it would involve a straight up repudiation of Cleary's employment contract. We don't have to run him out as first grade coach but if we don't then we can't stand in the way of him leaving.
The club would look like they are standing up to someone(I’m not sure who) , but they can’t break their side of the contract simply because he may not sign an extension that’s put in front of him.
That’s got nothing to do with his present one

It would involve all sorts of long and expensive sounding Lawyers words.

If he’s going to fulfil his contract ,( the ONLY contract that he has signed, as far as we know.)
Then , the club may have their bluff called on the subject and may not be able to do much at all. I’d think that it all comes down to whether he’s happy to continue to Coach us until his present contract runs out,
If he is then he’s got a contract to do that.
All that anyone knows is what reporters are throwing around anyway

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Thu 20 Sep, 2018 9:21 pm

avocadoontoast wrote:
Thu 20 Sep, 2018 9:07 pm
WswWt wrote:
If Mahe is in our starting line up next year then we’ve failed miserably on the recruitment front.
Now at that the truth! !! People see him as the X factor. Sadly he has the speed and strength of a front rower and the size of a no7. A solid depth player at very best

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Thu 20 Sep, 2018 9:31 pm

The Patriot wrote:
Thu 20 Sep, 2018 6:34 pm
TYGA wrote:
Thu 20 Sep, 2018 3:54 pm
THE POM wrote:
Thu 20 Sep, 2018 12:20 pm
Simply if Ivan does not agree to extend his current deal with the club he WILL NOT be the head coach for 2019. Everything should be finalized one way or the other prior to pre-season, but this is affecting recruitment big time & has already cost us one signing.
Exactly what I heard and posted earlier. I am curious which signing did not happen as a result. It will cost us more if it’s not put to bed quickly.

I just cant see this being put to bed on our end.

I dont think the media will let this rest until Penrith name a high profile coach to replace Ciraldo.

While ever Ciraldo is coaching Penrith there will be speculation.
As I said before, it’s not as simple as telling Ivan that he has to sign an extension,
Contracts come with rights both ways
Telling him that he has to sign an additional contract or he can’t continue on in his job may just open another can of worms for the club.
I’m no lawyer but it seems that if there’s no tangible proof that he’s broken his side of the contract, He’s got no problems,

TIGERPOWER

Post by TIGERPOWER » Thu 20 Sep, 2018 9:34 pm

goldcoast tiger wrote:
Thu 20 Sep, 2018 9:31 pm
The Patriot wrote:
Thu 20 Sep, 2018 6:34 pm
TYGA wrote:
Thu 20 Sep, 2018 3:54 pm
THE POM wrote:
Thu 20 Sep, 2018 12:20 pm
Simply if Ivan does not agree to extend his current deal with the club he WILL NOT be the head coach for 2019. Everything should be finalized one way or the other prior to pre-season, but this is affecting recruitment big time & has already cost us one signing.
Exactly what I heard and posted earlier. I am curious which signing did not happen as a result. It will cost us more if it’s not put to bed quickly.

I just cant see this being put to bed on our end.

I dont think the media will let this rest until Penrith name a high profile coach to replace Ciraldo.

While ever Ciraldo is coaching Penrith there will be speculation.
As I said before, it’s not as simple as telling Ivan that he has to sign an extension,
Contracts come with rights both ways
Telling him that he has to sign an additional contract or he can’t continue on in his job may just open another can of worms for the club.
I’m no lawyer but it seems that if there’s no tangible proof that he’s broken his side of the contract, He’s got no problems,
You tell Ivan to sign an extension if he says no you tell him have fun been hodgos assistant. Nothing illegal in that. Then tell him if Penrith want you that bad tell them to show us the money.

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Thu 20 Sep, 2018 9:36 pm

avocadoontoast wrote:
Thu 20 Sep, 2018 9:07 pm
WswWt wrote:
You’re not wrongthere!!

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Thu 20 Sep, 2018 9:41 pm

Job descriptions would be included in his contract, some thing along the lines of 'NRL coach Wests Tigers'
Punting him to reserve grade assistant isnt an option....LOL, or even illegal
Last edited by innsaneink on Thu 20 Sep, 2018 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.