Ivan Cleary - THREAD..

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Re: Ivan Cleary - THREAD..

Post by jadtiger » Thu 20 Sep, 2018 11:16 pm

bigsiro wrote:
Thu 20 Sep, 2018 9:48 pm
I was going to suggest a poll but there are barely any pro-Cleary voices left...

I almost think we want him gone more than we wanted Taylor gone.
There are more than you think that want Ivan to finish the job he started. However we are not as noisy and vitriolic as the witch hunters.

Go Moltzen

Post by Go Moltzen » Fri 21 Sep, 2018 12:14 am

Phil Gould has probably effectively scuttled the Tigers/Cleary era.

Coach Cleary contracted to Tigers 19/20...so can't be in charge of Tigers player roster planning espec in 2020.

Gould has lost a lot of respect from many with his tactics.

Best for Tigers to squeeze Penrith for compensation & use money to sign ex Souths coach Michael Maguire.

InBenjiWeTrust

Post by InBenjiWeTrust » Fri 21 Sep, 2018 12:24 am

jadtiger wrote:
Thu 20 Sep, 2018 11:16 pm
bigsiro wrote:
I was going to suggest a poll but there are barely any pro-Cleary voices left...

There are more than you think that want Ivan to finish the job he started. However we are not as noisy and vitriolic as the witch hunters.
Hear, hear :sign:

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Fri 21 Sep, 2018 12:49 am

magpiecol wrote:
Thu 20 Sep, 2018 11:12 pm
Apparently there will be six coaches off contact next year. We have fifteen months to get a new coach for say three years. Also, a lot of good players are off contact as well.

Getting a top coach for three years should ensure some top players arrive.

Ivan can request a release from his contract and he could then coach penrith.

We would not have to pay him any money, as he requested the release.
So we just write next year off and get a top notch coach.
In reality we'll get off to a terrible start, sack Cleary and sign another dud coach.
Either way another year that will slide. But people will still tell me we have great management.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Fri 21 Sep, 2018 5:16 am

Masterton wrote:
Thu 20 Sep, 2018 10:02 pm
TIGERPOWER wrote:
Thu 20 Sep, 2018 9:55 pm
innsaneink wrote:
Thu 20 Sep, 2018 9:41 pm
Job descriptions would be included in his contract, some thing along the lines of 'NRL coach Wests Tigers'
Punting him to reserve grade assistant isnt an option....LOL, or even illegal
So hold on, no worker can ever be demoted??? It’s an option for every employee to be demoted by his employer. The only thing he is entitled to is his wages. Oh dear tweedle dee, you always jump the gun to show your smartness and it always seems to backfire on you lol lol .
I have a contract for office work. It's pretty clearly stated. If my boss ask me to start cleaning dunnies tomorrow, there will be problems. lol lol etc.
Pretty straight forward really

TIGERPOWER

Post by TIGERPOWER » Fri 21 Sep, 2018 5:28 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Fri 21 Sep, 2018 5:16 am
Masterton wrote:
TIGERPOWER wrote:
innsaneink wrote:
Job descriptions would be included in his contract, some thing along the lines of 'NRL coach Wests Tigers'
So hold on, no worker can ever be demoted??? It’s an option for every employee to be demoted by his employer. The only thing he is entitled to is his wages. Oh dear tweedle dee, you always jump the gun to show your smartness and it always seems to backfire on you lol lol .
I have a contract for office work. It's pretty clearly stated. If my boss ask me to start cleaning dunnies tomorrow, there will be problems. lol lol etc.
Pretty straight forward really
You can count and are an expert in hr, who would have thought.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Fri 21 Sep, 2018 5:35 am

Reserve grade assistant? Yeah, naahh

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Fri 21 Sep, 2018 5:48 am

TIGERPOWER wrote:
Thu 20 Sep, 2018 10:04 pm
Masterton wrote:
TIGERPOWER wrote:
innsaneink wrote:
You must either be doing your office work really badly or talking to one of your competitors about doing their office work. So you deserve to be cleaning dunnies lol

Im a supervisor, my job descriptions broad but likewise Masterton...if they asked me to clean the offices or toilets it dont happen.
We dont do demotions, we do written warnings, 3x12months and youre gone

TIGERPOWER

Post by TIGERPOWER » Fri 21 Sep, 2018 5:59 am

innsaneink wrote:
Fri 21 Sep, 2018 5:48 am
TIGERPOWER wrote:
Thu 20 Sep, 2018 10:04 pm
Masterton wrote:
TIGERPOWER wrote:

You must either be doing your office work really badly or talking to one of your competitors about doing their office work. So you deserve to be cleaning dunnies lol

Im a supervisor, my job descriptions broad but likewise Masterton...if they asked me to clean the offices or toilets it dont happen.
We dont do demotions, we do written warnings, 3x12months and youre gone
Ivan is hired as a coach . He isn’t been asked to clean toilets. He is being asked to coach the reserve grade team. The fact he has been consorting with the enemy means you can give him warnings pretty easily. My work does demotions like I’m sure 99% of workplaces do. My manager was recently demoted to become a fellow worker but kept on the same pay. After 3 months he left on his own accord. It’s a fairly common practice and pretty simple really.

The Queen

Post by The Queen » Fri 21 Sep, 2018 6:05 am

Go Moltzen wrote:
Fri 21 Sep, 2018 12:14 am
Phil Gould has probably effectively scuttled the Tigers/Cleary era.

Coach Cleary contracted to Tigers 19/20...so can't be in charge of Tigers player roster planning espec in 2020.

Gould has lost a lot of respect from many with his tactics.

Best for Tigers to squeeze Penrith for compensation & use money to sign ex Souths coach Michael Maguire.
Gus has to do nothing the damage is done he just has to sit on his hands and wait if the Tigers wanted compo they should have negotiate it when the story first broke Gus has his coach for next year and his players are backing the new guy up Gus has time now to work on keeping Nathan happy with the new coach

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Fri 21 Sep, 2018 6:13 am

The priority for me still is that guys like Twal and Marsters don’t go with him. As for Cleary himself, I’m pretty meh. Either way. He’s not the saviour so many thought of him as.

Nucky Thompson

Post by Nucky Thompson » Fri 21 Sep, 2018 6:16 am

TIGERPOWER wrote:
innsaneink wrote:
Robbie farah comes to mind.

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Fri 21 Sep, 2018 6:30 am

sideline eye wrote:
Thu 20 Sep, 2018 10:50 pm
At the moment I'm sure the club is looking at this issue from all angles, including the legal situation of the various scenarios. Having sacked a coach 18 months ago and having to pay him out, to sack another coach would be a heavy financial burden if they had to pay him out plus pay another senior coach to take his place.

Whilst I no longer doubt that Penrith have or will make an offer to Cleary for 2021, it seems that we need for Ivan to make an early move for a release. If Ivan is still an honourable man, it would be the honourable thing to do, so that the club can get on with its future without an extra financial penalty. Will we sack him? Will he walk? I'd hate to be a director or CEO at Wests Tigers right now.

Something needs to be said about Penrith's morals in all this. They are a financially powerful club who have done their best to derail a club (Wests Tigers) which is trying hard to get its affairs to a stage where they are seriously competitive with richer clubs (and perhaps a motive could be gleaned in this but I think they are just being self serving rather than being Machiavellian). In doing so, they have blackened their own name and for mine will always be synonymous with being shameful bullies. I'm sure that one day they will wake up to what they are doing to their own brand and tell Gould to walk the plank.
As it stands now Ivan doesn’t have to do anything, he’s said he’l stay , and I haven’t heard anything else where he’s said differently,
The club most likely can’t break their contract with him without expensive penalties, and if he’s doing his job he can’t be pushed to cleaning Dunnies.
The Club would be cutting off their own nose if they got another Coach in and had to pay both of them,
It may end up that they will have to simply release him if they want to replace him

As for mentioning a RLClub’s morals in the one breath, that’s pretty Nieve.
Clubs don’t know what morals are and will shaft their grandmother if it meant getting an advantage.
ALL clubs.........we’re no different!
It’s just that some clubs are better than others at what they all do.
To be complaining about bullies is a bit childish . It’s a dog eat dog Battle as far as the clubs go, and always has been,
I wish that WTs would be just as ruthless when it comes to getting the players that we need.

As for the”powerful Clubs “ reference , I thought that Wests Ashfield had plenty of money, so we can’t
Use that as an excuse, we just need to get smarter and more aggressive in our signings

NT Tiger

Post by NT Tiger » Fri 21 Sep, 2018 6:31 am

jadtiger wrote:
Thu 20 Sep, 2018 11:16 pm
bigsiro wrote:

Thanks jadtiger, yes I agree. Some here are simply being patient.
"Quality Stupidity"

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Fri 21 Sep, 2018 6:32 am

Nucky Thompson wrote:
Fri 21 Sep, 2018 6:16 am
TIGERPOWER wrote:
innsaneink wrote:
You can not compare players to coaches. Players get dropped, one of the hazards of their job. Name a coach whose ever been demoted to coach reserve grade?

NT Tiger

Post by NT Tiger » Fri 21 Sep, 2018 6:34 am

".........the puddle of piddle
that used to be little
is rising around you
rising around you.
You like it,
it gives you something to do......."

Frank Zappa: The Blue Light
"Quality Stupidity"

TIGERPOWER

Post by TIGERPOWER » Fri 21 Sep, 2018 6:35 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Fri 21 Sep, 2018 6:32 am
Nucky Thompson wrote:
TIGERPOWER wrote:
innsaneink wrote:
You can not compare players to coaches. Players get dropped, one of the hazards of their job. Name a coach whose ever been demoted to coach reserve grade?
Name a coach who signed to coach a rival team while still having 2 years left on his contract?

The point is any employee can be demoted.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Fri 21 Sep, 2018 6:40 am

TIGERPOWER wrote:
Fri 21 Sep, 2018 6:35 am
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Fri 21 Sep, 2018 6:32 am
Nucky Thompson wrote:
TIGERPOWER wrote:

Name a coach who signed to coach a rival team while still having 2 years left on his contract?

The point is any employee can be demoted.
So no coach has ever been demoted to reserve grade then? Wonder why that is

Hmmm 🤔