Ivan Cleary - THREAD..

AnnandaleTiger

Re: Ivan Cleary - THREAD..

Post by AnnandaleTiger » Mon 24 Sep, 2018 12:34 pm

hugh1954 wrote:
Mon 24 Sep, 2018 12:28 pm
We have a contract for the next 2 years, settle down let Ivan get on with the job, love his 2 Rooster signings and wait for the rest over the coming months. Let Gould figure out his mess if Ceraldo is not up to it OR makes a bird of it and wants a contract extension after 2019 either way we have a contract for the next 2 years and can work on a new coach in 2020 if Ivan does not want to extend. If he wants out now MUST extract HUGE compensation.
Pretty much sums it up

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Mon 24 Sep, 2018 1:01 pm

Balmainian wrote:
Mon 24 Sep, 2018 9:54 am
innsaneink wrote:
Mon 24 Sep, 2018 5:41 am
Balmainian wrote:
Sun 23 Sep, 2018 10:59 pm
innsaneink wrote:
Sun 23 Sep, 2018 8:26 pm

Meh...if thats what you call me replying to your post...cant think of anything else?
All I asked was how long were their contracts.

Either you know how long or you don’t.
It’s a shame your sarcastic comments are a real trend on this forum.
You also said you were concerned our players may be off contract same time as Cleary.
Block me...or get a thicker skin if you dont like my comments
Why should people have to get thicker skins.
Why can’t you just adapt and try being at the social equivalent of most others on here.
I have no problem with you
However, you seem to have a problem with me... Thus YOU should do something about it... I offered a suggestion... Now please drop it as I'm done with this

Toowoomba Tiger

Post by Toowoomba Tiger » Mon 24 Sep, 2018 1:16 pm

Maybe Justin Pascoe should be talking to Cameron Ciraldo and get a possible deal sorted with him as a fall back plan if Ivan doesn't extend. Don't forget Gould's somewhat stringing him along too.

I think Penrith fans and some players would be dissapointed to lose him just so that father and son can play together. He could attract some Penrith players over coming seasons and could come at a bargain price if there is any sort of compensation made by Penrith.

Ok Gus, you got the Cleary's but were taking Cameron. It would give me a bit of satisfaction of we did lose Ivan.

That said, I dont know how good of a coach he is, but he is highly regarded by Penrith and their players.
previously known as 'The Tooth'

TIGERPOWER

Post by TIGERPOWER » Mon 24 Sep, 2018 1:33 pm

When half the forum was blowing up at Ivan Cleary, the other half suggested to calm the farm as we dont know what has happened. i cant believe what Pascoe has said has been so conveniently missed by most on here and swept under the carpet;

‘‘ Once he [Ivan Cleary] talked to Penrith, he compromised that and I had to put the Tigers first.

PASCOE specifically stating that Ivan Cleary comprised his position at the tigers by talking to Penrith. we dont need to guess anymore, we dont need to blame gus or the media that is all out to get us. Its there in black and white. For all those still sticking up for the guy i find it so bewildering. The guy has no integrity , would have walked out on us that week if we let him and people still have their head in the sand. The guy is a fake and should be no where near our team next year.

NT Tiger

Post by NT Tiger » Mon 24 Sep, 2018 1:45 pm

TIGERPOWER wrote:
Mon 24 Sep, 2018 1:33 pm
When half the forum was blowing up at Ivan Cleary, the other half suggested to calm the farm as we dont know what has happened. i cant believe what Pascoe has said has been so conveniently missed by most on here and swept under the carpet;

‘‘ Once he [Ivan Cleary] talked to Penrith, he compromised that and I had to put the Tigers first.

PASCOE specifically stating that Ivan Cleary comprised his position at the tigers by talking to Penrith. we dont need to guess anymore, we dont need to blame gus or the media that is all out to get us. Its there in black and white. For all those still sticking up for the guy i find it so bewildering. The guy has no integrity , would have walked out on us that week if we let him and people still have their head in the sand. The guy is a fake and should be no where near our team next year.
Missed it by that much. Context is everything. Read it again. In the conversation, Pascoe is referring to his relationship with Cleary when he says "he compromised that". So Pascoe never says Cleary compromised his position at the tigers, even if it does suit certain agendas on this forum.
"Quality Stupidity"

The Queen

Post by The Queen » Mon 24 Sep, 2018 1:46 pm

I ran into Moses Mbye on the weekend asked him if Clearly is staying he said he doesn't know either way ...I find it terrible that he doesn't know so that's two players in the space of a week that doesn't know or can not answer the question

Then I asked him what his opinion of Brett Hodgson is he spoke very highly of him and said he is going to be a great first grade Coach I did not ask about Brett coaching first grade that was his Moses words

He also said Josh Reynolds is in Melbourne getting rehab on his shoulder

Moses is such a nice man so friendly and well spoken

Body language ha ha ha when I ask about Cleary he took a step back when I asked about Hodgson he took a step forward and smiled

TonyTiger

Post by TonyTiger » Mon 24 Sep, 2018 1:51 pm

TIGERPOWER wrote:

100%

TIGERPOWER

Post by TIGERPOWER » Mon 24 Sep, 2018 1:52 pm

NT Tiger wrote:
Mon 24 Sep, 2018 1:45 pm
TIGERPOWER wrote:

Missed it by that much. Context is everything. Read it again. In the conversation, Pascoe is referring to his relationship with Cleary when he says "he compromised that". So Pascoe never says Cleary compromised his position at the tigers, even if it does suit certain agendas on this forum.
So speaking to the Panthers only compromised their personal relationship? that makes no sense. Why would he need to put the tigers first if the tigers werent compromised. Thats Pascoes own words. The whole world has an agenda against Cleary lol. Its so obvious he is only here because legally he has to be. Why would we want to have someone coach us like that.

‘‘It’s the Wests Tigers before our friendship,’’ Pascoe said. ‘‘Yeah we have a close relationship, but we need to be pragmatic and professional. Once he [Ivan Cleary] talked to Penrith, he compromised that and I had to put the Tigers first.

TIGERPOWER

Post by TIGERPOWER » Mon 24 Sep, 2018 1:54 pm

The Queen wrote:
Mon 24 Sep, 2018 1:46 pm
I ran into Moses Mbye on the weekend asked him if Clearly is staying he said he doesn't know either way ...I find it terrible that he doesn't know so that's two players in the space of a week that doesn't know or can not answer the question

Then I asked him what his opinion of Brett Hodgson is he spoke very highly of him and said he is going to be a great first grade Coach I did not ask about Brett coaching first grade that was his Moses words

Body language ha ha ha when I ask about Cleary he took a step back when I asked about Hodgson he took a step forward and smiled
Thansk for your continued updates. THis circus wont end until IVan comes out without a written statement and says what his intentions are. has he signed an agreement with panthers in 2021? what did he and the panthers talk about? This is worse than the JT/Farah saga.

WT2K

Post by WT2K » Mon 24 Sep, 2018 2:00 pm

The Queen wrote:

Always interesting to know what the players think. Thanks for that.
No more plodders!
:sign:

NT Tiger

Post by NT Tiger » Mon 24 Sep, 2018 2:06 pm

TIGERPOWER wrote:
Mon 24 Sep, 2018 1:52 pm
NT Tiger wrote:
TIGERPOWER wrote:

So speaking to the Panthers only compromised their personal relationship? that makes no sense. Why would he need to put the tigers first if the tigers werent compromised. Thats Pascoes own words. The whole world has an agenda against Cleary lol. Its so obvious he is only here because legally he has to be. Why would we want to have someone coach us like that.

‘‘It’s the Wests Tigers before our friendship,’’ Pascoe said. ‘‘Yeah we have a close relationship, but we need to be pragmatic and professional. Once he [Ivan Cleary] talked to Penrith, he compromised that and I had to put the Tigers first.
You don't need to quote it again, I know what it says and what it means.
Ivan Cleary talked to Penrith the exact content of which I don't know. Something in the circumstances of Ivan talking to Penrith, compromised his close relationship with Pascoe.
Pascoe has put the Tigers first, presumably by making it clear to Ivan that there was no chance of a release from his contract.
Hmmmm, Oh I get it, putting the WT first must mean Pascoe thinks that making Ivan stay to the completion of his contract is what he thinks is best for the Wests Tigers. This is so, even though his relationship with Ivan has been compromised.
Ok I'll go with that.
"Quality Stupidity"

4jtigers
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by 4jtigers » Mon 24 Sep, 2018 2:10 pm

NT Tiger wrote:
Mon 24 Sep, 2018 2:06 pm
TIGERPOWER wrote:
NT Tiger wrote:
TIGERPOWER wrote:

Ivan Cleary talked to Penrith the exact content of which I don't know. Something in the circumstances of Ivan talking to Penrith, compromised his close relationship with Pascoe.
Pascoe has put the Tigers first, presumably by making it clear to Ivan that there was no chance of a release from his contract.
Hmmmm, Oh I get it, putting the WT first must mean Pascoe thinks that making Ivan stay to the completion of his contract is what he thinks is best for the Wests Tigers. This is so, even though his relationship with Ivan has been compromised.
Ok I'll go with that.

Well said, I don't know why this is such a big issue to others. Ivan said he is going to honor the contract he signed for and let's just leave it at that. I am sure we have a very capable Pascoe that will make the right decision if need be. He is putting WT first before friendship and that is so good to hear.
Old Ways won't Open New Doors – author uknown

4jtigers
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by 4jtigers » Mon 24 Sep, 2018 2:13 pm

TIGERPOWER wrote:
Mon 24 Sep, 2018 1:54 pm
The Queen wrote:

Thansk for your continued updates. THis circus wont end until IVan comes out without a written statement and says what his intentions are. has he signed an agreement with panthers in 2021? what did he and the panthers talk about? This is worse than the JT/Farah saga.
worse than the JT/Farah saga? not even close - there's no one leaking anything to the media from the WT side, everything is in house, you and I are just mostly guessing what is happening or may happen... moving on
Old Ways won't Open New Doors – author uknown

TIGERPOWER

Post by TIGERPOWER » Mon 24 Sep, 2018 3:07 pm

4jtigers wrote:
Mon 24 Sep, 2018 2:13 pm
TIGERPOWER wrote:
The Queen wrote:

worse than the JT/Farah saga? not even close - there's no one leaking anything to the media from the WT side, everything is in house, you and I are just mostly guessing what is happening or may happen... moving on
We aren’t guessing anymore , Pascoe has come out and told us that he had to step in because Ivan met with the panthers and as a result we were compromised. What more do you want. What we need to know is whether Ivan has signed for 2021 or not. Until we do , this will keep going round and round.

TIGERPOWER

Post by TIGERPOWER » Mon 24 Sep, 2018 3:11 pm

NT Tiger wrote:
Mon 24 Sep, 2018 2:06 pm
TIGERPOWER wrote:
NT Tiger wrote:
TIGERPOWER wrote:

Ok I'll go with that.
So you just agreed that a) Ivan met with Penrith and b) their friendship (therefore the tigers) was compromised by most likely as you stated him asking for a release. Well that’s what im saying.....

You confused me with your second part of your argument. So can’t really respond to it.

TigerSJ

Post by TigerSJ » Mon 24 Sep, 2018 3:15 pm

I have gotten to the point where I no longer care either way, as long as either of the following 2 things occur-

Either Ivan stays for 2 years more, commits publicly and gets on with it - in this case we still need Egan or someone else to oversee recruitment,
OR
He goes now and we hopefully get O'Brien or Madge and move on.

In the end the players will take it in their stride and move on as well, it has become part and parcel of the NRL and they accept it. As for worrying about whose on contract and until when, or players being poached if and when Ivan leaves - that's not worth getting worked up about. Firstly the Panthers don't really need any of our players and secondly, contracts aren't worth anything anyway if a player (or coach) really wants to go.

The issue for me will come if what happens is not as cut and dried as the above 2 options and we end up in a messy drawn out affair where he is not committed, or the team struggles, there are constant rumors and media crap about him "losing the dressing room", divided playing group etc - all leading up to the inevitable releasing of Ivan at some point, which ends up destroying another season and puts us back where we started before he even came.

AnnandaleTiger

Post by AnnandaleTiger » Mon 24 Sep, 2018 3:23 pm

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... 81533875e7

“I think Nathan is going to be 300 NRL game player,” Gould said.

“This is a significant investment by the Panthers. We see his best football way in front of him.”

Cleary didn’t rule out his father Ivan joining him at the Panthers in the future.

“I haven’t given up on it, it’d be nice to link up with him somewhere down the track,” Cleary said.

“It isn’t meant to be at the moment. In an ideal world he’d come out here at some stage.”

NT Tiger

Post by NT Tiger » Mon 24 Sep, 2018 3:39 pm

TIGERPOWER wrote:
Mon 24 Sep, 2018 3:07 pm
4jtigers wrote:
Mon 24 Sep, 2018 2:13 pm
TIGERPOWER wrote:
The Queen wrote:

We aren’t guessing anymore , Pascoe has come out and told us that he had to step in because Ivan met with the panthers and as a result we were compromised. What more do you want. What we need to know is whether Ivan has signed for 2021 or not. Until we do , this will keep going round and round.
Who is 'we'?
So what happens if IC signs with Penrith for 2021 and doesn't tell anyone? He is still contracted here till the end of the 2020 season. He works through his current contract and then slips off to the Panthers. How does that differ from him just working through his contract here and then signing with the Panthers or any other team for that matter?
"Quality Stupidity"