Ivan Cleary - THREAD..

Nucky Thompson

Re: Ivan Cleary - THREAD..

Post by Nucky Thompson » Mon 24 Sep, 2018 7:26 pm

Ivan cleary quote.

"You need everybody aligned that its gonna be you are in for the long haul you are trying to give the fans hope that they know what they are going to get that are happy to be on the bus"

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Mon 24 Sep, 2018 7:27 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Mon 24 Sep, 2018 7:12 pm
Tiger Steve wrote:
Thu 20 Sep, 2018 9:55 pm
THE POM wrote:
Thu 20 Sep, 2018 12:20 pm
Simply if Ivan does not agree to extend his current deal with the club he WILL NOT be the head coach for 2019. Everything should be finalized one way or the other prior to pre-season, but this is affecting recruitment big time & has already cost us one signing.
Thanks Pom.

This is exactly the reason I posted my strong post yesterday but people wanted to tell me I’m delusional. Ivan must extend or go. Far out! We need experienced players and it sounds like mr “on the bus” has cost us one, I’m so sick of mediocrity in all its forms. We finally look to be moving forward and this grub (Cleary) throws crud in our face.
Does he have a timeframe Pom by when he needs to extend his contract by (or jump back on the bus ) ??
I remember the last time Wests Tigers extended a coaches contract ironically when the same Club came circling....yet 1 year later he was sacked..

Tim says Hi...

An extension should be earned not forced because of panic knee jerk reaction...you think lessons would be learnt.....oh it's us...
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Mon 24 Sep, 2018 7:35 pm

bp tiger wrote:
Mon 24 Sep, 2018 7:25 pm
i really dont get people on here that want to keep IVAN for 2 more years, and its nothing to do with him been a good coach for the next 2 years, its got to do with signing players over the next 2 years, because why the hell would IVAN have any incentive to sign good players to team he is leaving, and that is the whole point, its to do with moving forward and IVAN cant do that knowing he is just wasting time till 2021.

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by formerguest » Mon 24 Sep, 2018 7:40 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Mon 24 Sep, 2018 7:12 pm
Tiger Steve wrote:
Thu 20 Sep, 2018 9:55 pm
THE POM wrote:
Thu 20 Sep, 2018 12:20 pm
Simply if Ivan does not agree to extend his current deal with the club he WILL NOT be the head coach for 2019. Everything should be finalized one way or the other prior to pre-season, but this is affecting recruitment big time & has already cost us one signing.
Thanks Pom.

This is exactly the reason I posted my strong post yesterday but people wanted to tell me I’m delusional. Ivan must extend or go. Far out! We need experienced players and it sounds like mr “on the bus” has cost us one, I’m so sick of mediocrity in all its forms. We finally look to be moving forward and this grub (Cleary) throws crud in our face.
Does he have a timeframe Pom by when he needs to extend his contract by (or jump back on the bus ) ??
From one technotard to another Hap, it might help in getting an answer if you quote POM rather than Steve.

Nucky Thompson

Post by Nucky Thompson » Mon 24 Sep, 2018 7:46 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Mon 24 Sep, 2018 7:35 pm
bp tiger wrote:
Mon 24 Sep, 2018 7:25 pm
i really dont get people on here that want to keep IVAN for 2 more years, and its nothing to do with him been a good coach for the next 2 years, its got to do with signing players over the next 2 years, because why the hell would IVAN have any incentive to sign good players to team he is leaving, and that is the whole point, its to do with moving forward and IVAN cant do that knowing he is just wasting time till 2021.

Will be playing 6 in a gf i think

Donald Trump

Post by Donald Trump » Mon 24 Sep, 2018 7:49 pm

Hands up if you hate IC? Both my hands are raised right now.

I hate him regardless. He should be fired for bringing the club in to disrepute and knobness.

This is exactly like Mitchell Moses. Even he is a better bloke than IC.
Let's make the Tigers great again!

TIGERPOWER

Post by TIGERPOWER » Mon 24 Sep, 2018 7:49 pm

Nucky Thompson wrote:
Mon 24 Sep, 2018 7:26 pm
Ivan cleary quote.

"You need everybody aligned that its gonna be you are in for the long haul you are trying to give the fans hope that they know what they are going to get that are happy to be on the bus"
“ in for the long haul”

You still in it for the long haul Ivan? Or did you forget we brought you back from the coaching wilderness the your old friend Gus sent you to.

TIGERPOWER

Post by TIGERPOWER » Mon 24 Sep, 2018 7:50 pm

Donald Trump wrote:
Mon 24 Sep, 2018 7:49 pm
Hands up if you hate IC? Both my hands are raised right now.

I hate him regardless. He should be fired for bringing the club in to disrepute and knobness.

This is exactly like Mitchell Moses. Even he is a better bloke than IC.
Couldn’t agree more with you. He makes Moses look like good actually.

Russell

Post by Russell » Mon 24 Sep, 2018 7:53 pm

Kerry Cogger wrote:
Mon 24 Sep, 2018 6:01 pm
How about we let Ivan leave now with Reynolds and we get Maloney.
No thanks - Maloney wouldn't be a very good coach.

willow

Post by willow » Mon 24 Sep, 2018 7:53 pm

Last chance to keep this thread open guys - I've had enough crap going on between some of you - you know who you are so stop it or this thread gets locked until something official is released from the Tigers.

AnnandaleTiger

Post by AnnandaleTiger » Mon 24 Sep, 2018 7:58 pm

willow wrote:
Mon 24 Sep, 2018 7:53 pm
Last chance to keep this thread open guys - I've had enough crap going on between some of you - you know who you are so stop it or this thread gets locked until something official is released from the Tigers.
Wise move

Cairnstigers

Post by Cairnstigers » Mon 24 Sep, 2018 7:58 pm

No one is bigger than the club
Not even Cleary

Pasco and Go should take a hard stance
I dont know the answer to this but if it was up to me I would try and find a loop hole of some kind that would allow us to demote Ivan

A bit like demoting a player to ISP for not performing
Or showing up late for training
Or because he simply is not the best option for this game
Or because he simply in not putting in the effort that is expected of him (Ivan)

Now Ivan was contracted to do a job and to do it to his best ability
He himself came up with the the words to our players
"You are either on the bus or off the bus"
Now how can Ivan be on the Bus when he has clearly met with an apposing club who wish to sign him up as their head coach and this was distracting our team and Ivans own performance.
He could not have been focused 100% on his job that he was contracted to do
And it is clear at this point next season will be even worse unless there is a change

It seems there are two standards at play here
One for our players that Ivan has set the bar at
And another for Ivan Himself with no bar at all

Double standards if I have ever seen it

So
If it was up to me I would stand him down unless he was to re commit in the clubs favour
It would help end speculation so we can all get on with it and put this to bed

Or will this never end

Donald Trump

Post by Donald Trump » Mon 24 Sep, 2018 8:02 pm

Cairnstigers wrote:
Mon 24 Sep, 2018 7:58 pm
No one is bigger than the club
Not even Cleary

Pasco and Go should take a hard stance
I dont know the answer to this but if it was up to me I would try and find a loop hole of some kind that would allow us to demote Ivan

A bit like demoting a player to ISP for not performing
Or showing up late for training
Or because he simply is not the best option for this game
Or because he simply in not putting in the effort that is expected of him (Ivan)

Now Ivan was contracted to do a job and to do it to his best ability
He himself came up with the the words to our players
"You are either on the bus or off the bus"
Now how can Ivan be on the Bus when he has clearly met with an apposing club who wish to sign him up as their head coach and this was distracting our team and Ivans own performance.
He could not have been focused 100% on his job that he was contracted to do
And it is clear at this point next season will be even worse unless there is a change

It seems there are two standards at play here
One for our players that Ivan has set the bar at
And another for Ivan Himself with no bar at all

Double standards if I have ever seen it

So
If it was up to me I would stand him down unless he was to re commit in the clubs favour
It would help end speculation so we can all get on with it and put this to bed

Or will this never end
Agreed. There needs to be a line drawn in the sand and he needs to make a decision now. Otherwise we face a whole lot of uncertainty like we did with our “Big 4”.
Let's make the Tigers great again!

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Mon 24 Sep, 2018 8:10 pm

How does those who say that he has to sign an extension (or not be the Coach )get around the legality bits , such as he CANNOT be forced to sign an extension , and especially under duress, which involve threats of removing him from coaching,

Where is the hard evidence of any wrongdoing.
If he wants to continue to Coach here next year There’s not much that the club can do, which is maybe the reason that they’ve been remarkably quite.

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Mon 24 Sep, 2018 8:15 pm

Sorry Willow I didn’t see your post before posting,

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Mon 24 Sep, 2018 8:17 pm

goldcoast tiger wrote:
Mon 24 Sep, 2018 8:10 pm
How does those who say that he has to sign an extension (or not be the Coach )get around the legality bits , such as he CANNOT be forced to sign an extension , and especially under duress, which involve threats of removing him from coaching,

If he wants to continue to Coach here next year There’s not much that the club can do, which is maybe the reason that they’ve been remarkably quite.
Valid question imo and not crap that needs to be cut out

momo&medo

Post by momo&medo » Mon 24 Sep, 2018 8:19 pm

willow wrote:
Mon 24 Sep, 2018 7:53 pm
Yep agree totally.
Let’s turn the page.
We are just getting silly.

TIGERPOWER

Post by TIGERPOWER » Mon 24 Sep, 2018 8:19 pm

goldcoast tiger wrote:
Mon 24 Sep, 2018 8:10 pm

I think Cleary will happily leave to the panthers immediately and it won’t cost us one cents. I think we are the ones playing hardball and trying to get some form of compensation out of the panthers. That’s why we are holding onto him. Panthers comeback has been to offer Cleary a contract for 2021 to make us look stupid by having a coach on our books for those 2 years. I reckon it’s a game of chess going on behind the scenes.