Ivan Cleary - THREAD..

Needaname

Re: Ivan Cleary - THREAD..

Post by Needaname » Mon 24 Sep, 2018 10:18 pm

I’m waiting for someone to dispute my idea of coming to an agreement for the coming season that the tigers and Ivan part way at the end of 2019. I believe that is the best outcome for all. It’s like meeting at an even price point when buying real estate.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 24 Sep, 2018 10:22 pm

Needaname wrote:
Mon 24 Sep, 2018 10:18 pm
I’m waiting for someone to dispute my idea of coming to an agreement for the coming season that the tigers and Ivan part way at the end of 2019. I believe that is the best outcome for all. It’s like meeting at an even price point when buying real estate.
If we can't get Madge or option 2 that will happen

Needaname

Post by Needaname » Mon 24 Sep, 2018 10:33 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Mon 24 Sep, 2018 10:22 pm
Needaname wrote:
Says who?

And if Madge is keen on getting back into coaching NRL I think we are most certainly the best prospect. It would be a perfect marriage. Madge wants to coach a team into a dynasty, senior success and sustainability through junior development. He is looking for a club that is stabbe and all the back office are signing to the same hymn sheet (his words not mine).
Sounds perfect right.

But despite pleas from members of the media, only Manly is talked about as his next destination which does not suit his list of preferences.

Why?
Cause we refuse to make a move whilst our current coach sits idle by.

Hmmm.

So how on earth could we be signing Madge for this next season?

bathursttiger

Post by bathursttiger » Mon 24 Sep, 2018 10:45 pm

Needaname wrote:
Mon 24 Sep, 2018 10:33 pm
happy tiger wrote:
Needaname wrote:
Says who?

And if Madge is keen on getting back into coaching NRL I think we are most certainly the best prospect. It would be a perfect marriage. Madge wants to coach a team into a dynasty, senior success and sustainability through junior development. He is looking for a club that is stabbe and all the back office are signing to the same hymn sheet (his words not mine).
Sounds perfect right.

But despite pleas from members of the media, only Manly is talked about as his next destination which does not suit his list of preferences.

Why?

Hmmm.

Needaname

Post by Needaname » Mon 24 Sep, 2018 10:48 pm

bathursttiger wrote:
Mon 24 Sep, 2018 10:45 pm
Needaname wrote:
happy tiger wrote:
Needaname wrote:
Says who?

Sounds perfect right.

Why?

Hmmm.

Man, I know, I couldn’t be bothered going back and correcting it.
Thanks for pointing it out.

Tigerdave

Post by Tigerdave » Mon 24 Sep, 2018 10:53 pm

Some of the comments on this thread, comparing the whole situation to stuff we've had to deal with in the past? I don't know, I think the whole thing is being blown well and truly out of proportion.

There's no way IC should be offered an extension, it hasn't really been earned at this point. Yes we improved somewhat this year, but even if all this conjecture wasn't in play, I can't imagine many supporters would be wanting the club to extend IC's contract at the moment. If we didn't have this "drama", I'd imagine the club wouldn't be offering anything until the end of next season............unless we were doing extremely well by mid-season maybe.

With that in mind, I don't see how the recruiting thing would come into play. Again, if all this conjecture wasn't on the table, would people be demanding that the club extend IC's contract because it would be hard to recruit even though he hasn't really earned it yet?

Telltails

Post by Telltails » Mon 24 Sep, 2018 11:39 pm

Tigerdave wrote:
Mon 24 Sep, 2018 10:53 pm
Some of the comments on this thread, comparing the whole situation to stuff we've had to deal with in the past? I don't know, I think the whole thing is being blown well and truly out of proportion.

There's no way IC should be offered an extension, it hasn't really been earned at this point. Yes we improved somewhat this year, but even if all this conjecture wasn't in play, I can't imagine many supporters would be wanting the club to extend IC's contract at the moment. If we didn't have this "drama", I'd imagine the club wouldn't be offering anything until the end of next season............unless we were doing extremely well by mid-season maybe.

With that in mind, I don't see how the recruiting thing would come into play. Again, if all this conjecture wasn't on the table, would people be demanding that the club extend IC's contract because it would be hard to recruit even though he hasn't really earned it yet?
IF that is what the club decides to do - isnt it more about testing Ivans intentions rather than rewarding him.
Most coaches would jump at the chance to have their contract extended its payment insurance even if you get sacked - especially if you are happy with your job.
If Ivan declined the offer after saying how much he loves it at the Wts etc - then who knows what the club does about that - my guess is they start talking to Penrith, unless of course they think Ivan still can get the job done effectively with the two years left on his contract then its business as usual.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 24 Sep, 2018 11:41 pm

Tigerdave wrote:
Mon 24 Sep, 2018 10:53 pm

He is either on the bus or he is under it

Its his choice now , the only question is the timeframe he has to make his decision

The Patriot

Post by The Patriot » Tue 25 Sep, 2018 6:29 am

TigerTiger wrote:
Mon 24 Sep, 2018 10:05 pm

The man's own son wants to play elsewhere.
Thats the kicker.
Its an opinion!

Nucky Thompson

Post by Nucky Thompson » Tue 25 Sep, 2018 6:42 am

Here's one for you

NT Tiger

Post by NT Tiger » Tue 25 Sep, 2018 6:48 am

The Patriot wrote:
Tue 25 Sep, 2018 6:29 am
TigerTiger wrote:
Mon 24 Sep, 2018 10:05 pm

The man's own son wants to play elsewhere.
Thats the kicker.
I think that is a bit of over-simplification.
His son wants to play where he has grown up playing in a group he has developed successful working combinations with. That group has made positive inroads towards finals football. So should he stick with them, or come over to a team that is still building and some time away from successful finals football, just because his dad coaches there?
"Quality Stupidity"

Tigerdon

Post by Tigerdon » Tue 25 Sep, 2018 7:03 am

I wouldn't demote Ivan, I would keep him as head coach and employ Madge in an advisory role (like Brain Smith when Potter was coach).

I wonder if Nathan have a clause in his contract to move to where his father is coaching?
in Ivan we distrust

Tcat

Post by Tcat » Tue 25 Sep, 2018 7:07 am

Nucky Thompson wrote:
Tue 25 Sep, 2018 6:42 am
Here's one for you

Gus really is a piece of crap. Poor Penrith, the media trying to destabilize his club and poor Nathan etc. What about us? Gus knows Penrith tried poaching Ivan and now Nathan has re-signed they can just sit and wait while watch Ivan cruises for the next 2 years and we struggle to sign anyone long term. We really are screwed at present. We offer an extension, Ivan says 'No, not at the moment, I just want to concentrate on next weeks game yadda yadda yadda', we could potentially cut him loose if he doesn't ask for a release and have to pay out his contract in order to sign a coach that wants to be here. This is a real potential if we haven't sorted a deal with the Panthers. Poor Panthers, I feel so sorry for them.

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Tue 25 Sep, 2018 7:17 am

bathursttiger wrote:
Mon 24 Sep, 2018 10:45 pm
Needaname wrote:
happy tiger wrote:
Needaname wrote:
Says who?

Sounds perfect right.

Why?

Hmmm.

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Tue 25 Sep, 2018 7:19 am

Needaname wrote:
happy tiger wrote:
Needaname wrote:
Says who?

Sounds perfect right.

Why?

Hmmm.

Since when has our name ever been synonymous with Dynasties

The Bard

Post by The Bard » Tue 25 Sep, 2018 7:19 am

I thought it interesting that the father clause was removed from Nathan’s contract. You’d think that would reduce Ivan’s bargaining power for any future contract with the Panthers. If Ciraldo has a successful 2019 and the Panthers are on an upward trend then it’ll be difficult to change that by removing him.
“...when the blast of war blows in our ears, then imitate the action of the tiger; stiffen the sinews, summon up the blood, disguise fair nature with hard-favor'd rage.”

The Patriot

Post by The Patriot » Tue 25 Sep, 2018 7:31 am

Nucky Thompson wrote:
Tue 25 Sep, 2018 6:42 am
Here's one for you

I cant stand Gus anymore, just lie after lie.

Cant wait for the whole thing to be over.
Its an opinion!

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Tue 25 Sep, 2018 7:36 am

TYGA wrote:
Mon 24 Sep, 2018 8:26 pm
goldcoast tiger wrote:
Mon 24 Sep, 2018 8:10 pm
How does those who say that he has to sign an extension (or not be the Coach )get around the legality bits , such as he CANNOT be forced to sign an extension , and especially under duress, which involve threats of removing him from coaching,

Where is the hard evidence of any wrongdoing.
If he wants to continue to Coach here next year There’s not much that the club can do, which is maybe the reason that they’ve been remarkably quite.
It’s a very simple discussion.

Would you entertain extending your deal for 3 years from 2020 we can improve your deal as we value what you bring to the table. The Answer will be NO.

Do you want to be released from your contract now to go and coach your son? Answer would be yes.

Speak to Gus we will do it now for 1.5m and we need a few players that don’t fit your style.

If not we will let you go in 2020 and we will announce it now so there are no ongoing issues.
He’s already said that he, honour his present contract,
Either we pay him out , or he Coaches here for the next two years. Forget the 1.5 m