Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Re: Ivan Cleary - THREAD..

Post by coivtny » Fri 10 Aug, 2018 3:29 pm

Balmainian wrote:
Fri 10 Aug, 2018 3:23 pm
Two questions.
Any answer welcomed.

1. Is it the end of the world if we let Cleary go and get heavily compensated(2 players of choice and decent $$)?

2. Would we be better off in 5 years if Brooks leaves and the clearys stay?
1. Not at all.
2. Don't understand the question.

The Patriot

Post by The Patriot » Fri 10 Aug, 2018 3:32 pm

Geo. wrote:
Fri 10 Aug, 2018 2:53 pm
Abraham wrote:
Fri 10 Aug, 2018 1:04 pm
jirskyr wrote:
Fri 10 Aug, 2018 10:54 am
And if Cleary does take an offer at Penrith 2021, for double his salary, could you really hate him for it? Could he not do a decent job in his last 2 years? He may or may not be like Mitchell Moses, but most players (and I assume offiicals) try to give their best within their contract, even if they are leaving at some point.
The concern is that players may be reluctant to commit for a reasonable length of time to a club, if they have no idea who the coach will be in 12-24 months time.

So our recruitment efforts could take a hit fort he next season or two due to the uncertainty.

There are ways around it obviously, one of which is signing our own replacement coach for 2021, to give some certainty and stability to any potential recruits. Its a gamble committing to a coach that far ahead though.

The rest of your comments are definitely reasonable, but as nobody outside of the inner-sanctum knowing exactly what's being played out, we are all left playing out the what-ifs.

We just have to be patient it seems.
I agree to an extent regards recruitment however that doesn't seem to have stopped the Broncos tying up their roster with Unca Wayne's uncertainty and who will be coaching them beyond 2019 or even in 2019..

They already had the roster, massive difference
Its an opinion!

Cairnstigers

Post by Cairnstigers » Fri 10 Aug, 2018 3:33 pm

Number 1 Buckleys
We will get what we are given
No way would we get to choose and they probably wouldn't want to come now anyway

Number 2
Extend Brooks for his Loyalty and much improved game
He deserves it

Cairnstigers

Post by Cairnstigers » Fri 10 Aug, 2018 3:35 pm

Can we please get Ivan to do a lap of honor at Leichhardt oval if he does leave at the end of the year

It's only fitting he gets a Royal send off from the loyal Tigers supporters

TigerTiger

Post by TigerTiger » Fri 10 Aug, 2018 3:40 pm

Balmainian wrote:
Two questions.
Any answer welcomed.

1. Is it the end of the world if we let Cleary go and get heavily compensated(2 players of choice and decent $$)?

Certainly not the end of the world. It would suck though as we are left with the players he recruited (Packer, Mats, Reynolds) which are likely to remain here hampering any strategy of a new coach.

I don't understand the second question, what are you trying to get at there? I like Brooks, but in five years time he may decide to move on and he would have my thanks. Clearys if they both came here for five years (not bloody likely) is a good stint so wouldn't begrudge them leaving then either.
A one eyed supporter, mostly :crazy, always :sign:

Balmainian

Post by Balmainian » Fri 10 Aug, 2018 3:42 pm

coivtny wrote:
Fri 10 Aug, 2018 3:29 pm
Balmainian wrote:
Two questions.
Any answer welcomed.

1. Not at all.
Sorry about that.
The question Basically is.............keep the clearys or keep brooks.

TigerTiger

Post by TigerTiger » Fri 10 Aug, 2018 3:47 pm

Balmainian wrote:
Fri 10 Aug, 2018 3:42 pm
coivtny wrote:
Balmainian wrote:
Two questions.
Any answer welcomed.

1. Not at all.
Sorry about that.
Brooks, because he is on the improve, and we know he puts in. The others, we don't know.

We could have had both. And really, if either of the Clearys sign with Panthers again after all this, then we know what sort of people they are and I don't want a bar of either of them.
A one eyed supporter, mostly :crazy, always :sign:

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Fri 10 Aug, 2018 4:04 pm

TigerTiger wrote:
Fri 10 Aug, 2018 3:47 pm
Balmainian wrote:
coivtny wrote:
Balmainian wrote:
Two questions.
Any answer welcomed.

1. Not at all.
Sorry about that.
Brooks, because he is on the improve, and we know he puts in. The others, we don't know.

We could have had both. And really, if either of the Clearys sign with Panthers again after all this, then we know what sort of people they are and I don't want a bar of either of them.
2/.We dont have ''the clearys''...we ''have'' one cleary, maybe...no one really knows...so cannot answer
1/. No

coivtny
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by coivtny » Fri 10 Aug, 2018 4:10 pm

Balmainian wrote:
coivtny wrote:
Balmainian wrote:
Two questions.
Any answer welcomed.

1. Not at all.
Sorry about that.
Oh, OK. Tough question but assuming we could have both Clearys for the next five years or we could have Brooks without Ivan as coach, I'd probably go for both Clearys. The reason being I rate Ivan as a coach and although I rate Brooks based on his form this year I rate Nathan a little bit better (but not much).

Westie

Post by Westie » Fri 10 Aug, 2018 4:30 pm

Wouldn't you have wanted to heard this by now

https://media1.tenor.com/images/37a374e ... id=4482132

Wildcat777

Post by Wildcat777 » Fri 10 Aug, 2018 4:31 pm

Balmainian wrote:
Two questions.
Any answer welcomed.

Can only hope that option 1 eventuates! Would be best outcome for the club. Only my humble opinion. Dont want to lose Luke, stuck by us, when the others left. Not to mention he is great player and yes NC would compliment him as would bolstering our forward pack.
Do not go where the path may lead go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

Balmainian

Post by Balmainian » Fri 10 Aug, 2018 4:47 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Fri 10 Aug, 2018 4:04 pm
TigerTiger wrote:
Fri 10 Aug, 2018 3:47 pm
Balmainian wrote:
coivtny wrote:

1. Not at all.
Sorry about that.

2/.We dont have ''the clearys''...we ''have'' one cleary, maybe...no one really knows...so cannot answer
1/. No
So the question ultimately.... and I apologise for the wording.
Stick with Brooks or sign both clearys because we will have no money to offer brooks if we throw the sink at the Clearys.
I know Ink we only have one, it’s a hypothetical question.

Balmainian

Post by Balmainian » Fri 10 Aug, 2018 4:50 pm

If scenario 1 was to prevail.
I would ask for Villiame kikua and RCG.
Not Neg.
And have Penrith pay the first 2 years of the next coach’s salary.
That’s if they really want the Clearys to reunite.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Fri 10 Aug, 2018 5:08 pm

We’re not getting players

Russell

Post by Russell » Fri 10 Aug, 2018 5:18 pm

Tcat wrote:
Fri 10 Aug, 2018 1:57 pm
goldcoast tiger wrote:
Fri 10 Aug, 2018 1:20 pm
Kerry Cogger wrote:
Fri 10 Aug, 2018 12:16 pm
TonyTiger wrote:
Thu 09 Aug, 2018 7:24 pm
This is my last post on Ivan Cleary because I’ve said everything that I wanted to.
I believe Ivan is now poison and anything he does at the tigers from now is just going through the motions, he tried to bring it all to a head for move to the panthers next year but things got out too soon and if the panthers are ok to wait until 2021 for him so they can keep Nathan then it will surely be a much more secretive deal written in blood between Ivan and Gus to bring that to fruition.
We are just delaying the inevitable if Ivan stays on which effects our ability to move forward and become a force.
We don’t have time to sit in a holding pattern for 2 years.
Nathan Cleary is young, he may end up with a career ending injury next week then the game will move on. Ivan led us to believe he could attract Nathan to the tigers but alas you can leed a horse to water but you can’t make it drink.
Ivan’s integrity is shot, he will probably come out now and deny it all and take our pay Cheques whilst he plots future plans for the panthers and Nathan incognito.
I have friends who are panthers supporters, they tell me they would take Brooks and we have Cleary because “Nathan Cleary is not taking the line on”.
I thought the world of Ivan but the deafening silence of his behalf only enforces what I believe to be the truth.
Gotta agree with this.I am pretty sure if Brooks was in that current panthers side with their forward and cleary currently played for us Brooks would be origin half.However I really want Ivan to stay cause the guy is definitely the best coach we have had possibly in our short history.
Now we really getting into the world of pure fantasy
I respectfully disagree that Ivan has been the best coach we have had. Tell me something great that Ivan has done that we would remember him by? This on the bus rubbish and his other meaningless quotes are all irrelevant. Ivan was handed his position on a silver platter and looking at us now, we are coming 9th (nothing to write home about) and could possibly be about to shaft the club. At a stretch, I'd say our defense has been better, but that's about it.
Handed on a silver platter - WRONG!

He was handed a basket case, don't let anyone tell you different.

Russell

Post by Russell » Fri 10 Aug, 2018 5:27 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Fri 10 Aug, 2018 5:08 pm
Why in hell would they let any players go except a few in ISP that they don't want.

Balmainian

Post by Balmainian » Fri 10 Aug, 2018 5:51 pm

Russell wrote:
Fri 10 Aug, 2018 5:27 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Why in hell would they let any players go except a few in ISP that they don't want.
They would never want to let any good players go.
My thoughts were ask for their best forwards if they want the best coach.

AnnandaleTiger

Post by AnnandaleTiger » Fri 10 Aug, 2018 6:10 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Is he staying or going?