Geo. wrote:
Sat 11 Aug, 2018 8:29 pm
willow wrote:
Sat 11 Aug, 2018 8:26 pm
swag tiger wrote:
Sat 11 Aug, 2018 2:53 pm
Geo. wrote:
Sat 11 Aug, 2018 11:15 am
Wouldn't surprise me if an extension for Ivan is being looked at ...for a guy who has a 45% win record and whist improvements have been made hasn't really proven anything..... would mean we have learnt nothing from Sheens when ironically the same club courted him we shat ourselves and extended only to sack him a year later...
You ain't a bit concerned that he was made to say that by the Tigers board by the look of his body language during the conference?
I'm not concerned in the slightest and its barely ruffling Geo's feathers. But we try not to make assumptions either.
Yep but i do believe I spotted Pascoe on the side pointing a loaded glock..
It wasn't mine I swear!

Post by 851 » Sat 11 Aug, 2018 8:32 pm

Geo. wrote:
willow wrote:
swag tiger wrote:
Geo. wrote:
Wouldn't surprise me if an extension for Ivan is being looked at ...for a guy who has a 45% win record and whist improvements have been made hasn't really proven anything..... would mean we have learnt nothing from Sheens when ironically the same club courted him we shat ourselves and extended only to sack him a year later...
You ain't a bit concerned that he was made to say that by the Tigers board by the look of his body language during the conference?
I'm not concerned in the slightest and its barely ruffling Geo's feathers. But we try not to make assumptions either.
That explains a lot
Go hard or go home

Tiger_Pete

Post by Tiger_Pete » Sat 11 Aug, 2018 8:36 pm

Geo. wrote:
Sat 11 Aug, 2018 8:01 pm
pdenny77 wrote:
Wed 08 Aug, 2018 4:22 pm
Ali’s Latest NRL Rumours
12 mins ·

BREAKING NEWS!!!!

*IVAN CLEARY ON THE BUS TO PENRITH*

The Penrith Panthers are set to announce the signing of Ivan Cleary as head coach of the Penrith Panthers from 2019 and beyond for the next 4 years. A transfer fee will be paid to compensate the Tigers.

This now results in the Wests Tigers going after former South Sydney Rabbitohs coach Michael Maguire for 2019 and beyond.

Thoughts?. People criticised me when I first posted it and now it's a reality, thanks 👍.
:shock: :shock:
You'd like to think this would make people think twice about reacting to rumour mongers in the future, but I somehow doubt it.

NT Tiger

Post by NT Tiger » Sat 11 Aug, 2018 8:41 pm

Geo. wrote:
willow wrote:
swag tiger wrote:
Geo. wrote:
I have to admit, I noticed Ivans eyebrow twitch once.
"Quality Stupidity"

tigerken

Post by tigerken » Sat 11 Aug, 2018 8:50 pm

Has Nathan resigned with Panthers ?

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by jadtiger » Sat 11 Aug, 2018 9:34 pm

tigerken wrote:
Sat 11 Aug, 2018 8:50 pm
Has Nathan resigned with Panthers ?
No

AnnandaleTiger

Post by AnnandaleTiger » Sat 11 Aug, 2018 9:38 pm

And won’t tell November 14 at earliest. Despite what newscorp and the daily telegraph preach.

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by formerguest » Sat 11 Aug, 2018 9:42 pm

the third wrote:
Sat 11 Aug, 2018 11:11 am
Snake wrote:
Sat 11 Aug, 2018 10:22 am
Can someone post a link as I am OS atm thanks
Ivan Cleary statement
Author
Wests Tigers
Timestamp
Sat 11 Aug 2018, 10:54 AM
Share on social media
Share via Facebook
Share via Twiiter
Share via Whats-app
Share via Email
Wests Tigers Head Coach Ivan Cleary addressed the media this morning ahead of Sunday's game with the Canberra Raiders.

Read below what Cleary said in full:

"I have been very disappointed with the amount of misinformation surrounding myself and my family this week.

I intend to make this statement to clarify my position and following this statement I will not be taking any questions on the matter.
Instead of; You are about to hear a carefully crafted statement that will gloss over the past couple of weeks or so and afterwards I will not be putting myself into a position where I have to lie or avoid a direct question.

When I was approached by the Panthers, initially I had no idea that it was about coaching at the club. I was told at that meeting that the club were looking at the future of the Head Coach position.
Plus; It wasn't a fleeting conversation on the topic, but I don't wish to offer any further information about it and definitely nothing specific.

I advised the Panthers of my ongoing contract statues with the Wests Tigers. I subsequently advised the Chair and CEO of the Wests Tigers ...... with very little detail...... of the discussions I had with the Panthers. I was as surprised as anyone on the announcement of the dismissal of Anthony Griffin.

I have not received any offer from the Panthers .......as they have not sent me anything and as per my previous words, will not be revealing any terms or agreements discussed....... , nor have I asked the Wests Tigers for a release. I am enjoying my contribution to the growth of this club.

Everyone associated with this club should be proud of the direction it is heading in. I am privileged to be a part of this journey and respect the contract I have with Wests Tigers. I respect all of the people, and supporters involved with this club, and I intend to honour this contract.

It is common knowledge that my son Nathan and I have acknowledged our desire to work together at some time. That remains the case.

Today I am absolutely focused on our match with Canberra and am now happy to take any questions on Sunday's game.

https://www.weststigers.com.au/news/201 ... statement/
This mornings statement was a PR exercise days in the making and glaring in just how little it actually said. I really can't see how anyone that no longer believes in the tooth fairy or similar cannot see straight through this charade.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 11 Aug, 2018 9:47 pm

Rothfield reckons Barrett threatening legal action against Manly and possibly walking?
DT pay wall blocking the story

AnnandaleTiger

Post by AnnandaleTiger » Sat 11 Aug, 2018 9:48 pm

I think it really was a non event that was blown out of proportion to suit penriths agenda. Why does much need to be said, why does Ivan need address press agenda, he’s made it pretty clear he is footy focused and not providing amo for articles and spam.

Coasttiger

Post by Coasttiger » Sat 11 Aug, 2018 9:48 pm

formerguest wrote:
Sat 11 Aug, 2018 9:42 pm
the third wrote:
Snake wrote:
Ivan Cleary statement
Author
Wests Tigers
Timestamp
Share on social media
Share via Facebook
Share via Twiiter
Share via Whats-app
Share via Email
Wests Tigers Head Coach Ivan Cleary addressed the media this morning ahead of Sunday's game with the Canberra Raiders.

"I have been very disappointed with the amount of misinformation surrounding myself and my family this week.

I intend to make this statement to clarify my position and following this statement I will not be taking any questions on the matter.
Instead of; You are about to hear a carefully crafted statement that will gloss over the past couple of weeks or so and afterwards I will not be putting myself into a position where I have to lie or avoid a direct question.

When I was approached by the Panthers, initially I had no idea that it was about coaching at the club. I was told at that meeting that the club were looking at the future of the Head Coach position.
Plus; It wasn't a fleeting conversation on the topic, but I don't wish to offer any further information about it and definitely nothing specific.

I advised the Panthers of my ongoing contract statues with the Wests Tigers. I subsequently advised the Chair and CEO of the Wests Tigers ...... with very little detail...... of the discussions I had with the Panthers. I was as surprised as anyone on the announcement of the dismissal of Anthony Griffin.

I have not received any offer from the Panthers .......as they have not sent me anything and as per my previous words, will not be revealing any terms or agreements discussed....... , nor have I asked the Wests Tigers for a release. I am enjoying my contribution to the growth of this club.

Everyone associated with this club should be proud of the direction it is heading in. I am privileged to be a part of this journey and respect the contract I have with Wests Tigers. I respect all of the people, and supporters involved with this club, and I intend to honour this contract.

It is common knowledge that my son Nathan and I have acknowledged our desire to work together at some time. That remains the case.

Today I am absolutely focused on our match with Canberra and am now happy to take any questions on Sunday's game.

This mornings statement was a PR exercise days in the making and glaring in just how little it actually said. I really can't see how anyone that no longer believes in the tooth fairy or similar cannot see straight through this charade.
If only we were all as smart and intelligent as you and then we would be able to see. 🙄

You’re entitled to your opinion but just remember we all have one.

I for one did not see the Ivan presser the way you have.

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by formerguest » Sat 11 Aug, 2018 10:09 pm

Coasttiger wrote:
Sat 11 Aug, 2018 9:48 pm
formerguest wrote:
the third wrote:
Snake wrote:
Ivan Cleary statement
Author
Wests Tigers
Timestamp
Share on social media
Share via Facebook
Share via Twiiter
Share via Whats-app
Share via Email

If only we were all as smart and intelligent as you and then we would be able to see. 🙄

I am far from brilliant and have not seen the press conference, but for mine, it's content, or more importantly lack of it was well aimed.

As I cannot see that which you and others do, please inform me as to which issues pertaining to this past week or so that he actually addressed in that statement that make it any clearer than mud?

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Sat 11 Aug, 2018 10:16 pm

WT2K wrote:
Sat 11 Aug, 2018 11:49 am
Geo. wrote:
Sat 11 Aug, 2018 11:48 am
Cultured Bogan wrote:
Sat 11 Aug, 2018 11:41 am
All this tells me is that Paul Kent, like the rest of the News journos have no idea so they have to make up their own news and Gus is getting desperate.

They will just run with ...at the time my info was correct...things change quickly in rugby league blah blah

I think the best one in the past week was Brent Read with Nathan's made up his mind he'll be a Wests Tiger in 2020 if not 2019...nek minnet.. :lol:
Thow enough darts at the board and one sill eventually hit the bullseye :lol:
Kent’s had some garbage stories in his time, but this one would have to go down as one of his most unprofessional pieces of crap ever, just bits of opinion and sheer guesswork with some supposition added to fill in the gaps .
A whole story with nothing to back it up.

A bit like the puff interview with Griffin a couple days ago.
The Garbage was topped off today with his dramatic calls that Gus has to resign
According to the club , Gould had nothing to do with the meeting, but don’t let any truth get in the way.

Coasttiger

Post by Coasttiger » Sat 11 Aug, 2018 10:25 pm

formerguest wrote:
Sat 11 Aug, 2018 10:09 pm
Coasttiger wrote:
formerguest wrote:
the third wrote:

Ivan Cleary statement
Author
Wests Tigers
Timestamp
Share on social media
Share via Facebook
Share via Twiiter
Share via Whats-app
Share via Email

I am far from brilliant and have not seen the press conference, but for mine, it's content, or more importantly lack of it was well aimed.

As I cannot see that which you and others do, please inform me as to which issues pertaining to this past week or so that he actually addressed in that statement that make it any clearer than mud?
I saw the press conference and in my opinion it’s easier to make a judgment when you see the actual person reading the statement, their body language etc.

My take on Ivan during the presser was that of a bloke who was genuinely upset about how he and his family has been represented in the media this week and I’ve got to say that my judgment on Ivan (without knowing him)and the way he carries himself does not match the media narrative from the past week.

I saw a bloke who was still genuinely committed to our club and continuing the mission he has been given.

Suggest you try and catch a replay if you can. It may give you a better perspective.

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Sat 11 Aug, 2018 10:42 pm

goldcoast tiger wrote:
Sat 11 Aug, 2018 10:16 pm
WT2K wrote:
Sat 11 Aug, 2018 11:49 am
Geo. wrote:
Sat 11 Aug, 2018 11:48 am
Cultured Bogan wrote:
Sat 11 Aug, 2018 11:41 am
All this tells me is that Paul Kent, like the rest of the News journos have no idea so they have to make up their own news and Gus is getting desperate.

They will just run with ...at the time my info was correct...things change quickly in rugby league blah blah

I think the best one in the past week was Brent Read with Nathan's made up his mind he'll be a Wests Tiger in 2020 if not 2019...nek minnet.. :lol:
Thow enough darts at the board and one sill eventually hit the bullseye :lol:
Kent’s had some garbage stories in his time, but this one would have to go down as one of his most unprofessional pieces of crap ever, just bits of opinion and sheer guesswork with some supposition added to fill in the gaps .
A whole story with nothing to back it up.

A bit like the puff interview with Griffin a couple days ago.
The Garbage was topped off today with his dramatic calls that Gus has to resign
According to the club , Gould had nothing to do with the meeting, but don’t let any truth get in the way.
Kent just wanted to be the first one to call it. Doesn't matter if he was right or not, the other journos were umming and ahhing and I believe Kent was the first to make the call that he was going.

That's what these journos do - if they get enough pieces to put together a probably story, they join the dots and make the call. Nobody truly remembers all the ones they got wrong (how many journos said Ivan was definitely leaving Tigers, even Baze on here said it), but you can rest assured the journos will trumpet themselves if they make an educated guess.

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by formerguest » Sat 11 Aug, 2018 10:43 pm

Coasttiger wrote:
Sat 11 Aug, 2018 10:25 pm
formerguest wrote:
Coasttiger wrote:
formerguest wrote:

I saw the press conference and in my opinion it’s easier to make a judgment when you see the actual person reading the statement, their body language etc.

My take on Ivan during the presser was that of a bloke who was genuinely upset about how he and his family has been represented in the media this week and I’ve got to say that my judgment on Ivan (without knowing him)and the way he carries himself does not match the media narrative from the past week.

I saw a bloke who was still genuinely committed to our club and continuing the mission he has been given.

Suggest you try and catch a replay if you can. It may give you a better perspective.
Fair enough, I will have a look. Still, it is the content that is important because it is a well prepared statement, not a response situation where tone and body language would be much more relevant, so I would really like to know just what you and others think it actually addressed.

Also, I say this from no fixed position as to the current or future state of affairs.

Tiger Steve

Post by Tiger Steve » Sat 11 Aug, 2018 11:02 pm

formerguest wrote:
Sat 11 Aug, 2018 10:43 pm
Coasttiger wrote:
formerguest wrote:
Coasttiger wrote:

Fair enough, I will have a look. Still, it is the content that is important because it is a well prepared statement, not a response situation where tone and body language would be much more relevant, so I would really like to know just what you and others think it actually addressed.

Also, I say this from no fixed position as to the current or future state of affairs.
I thought the statement was read because Ivan wanted to be clear. It was obvious he has been rattled by this so probably didn’t trust himself to speak off the cuff.

What it addressed was that Ivan will be our coach until end 2020. That he wasn’t going to break his contract.

Isn’t that enough?
“Peanuts! Get ya peanuts - in the shell or sugar coated!” Leichhardt memories.

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by formerguest » Sat 11 Aug, 2018 11:09 pm

Tiger Steve wrote:
Sat 11 Aug, 2018 11:02 pm
formerguest wrote:
Sat 11 Aug, 2018 10:43 pm
Coasttiger wrote:
formerguest wrote:

I thought the statement was read because Ivan wanted to be clear. It was obvious he has been rattled by this so probably didn’t trust himself to speak off the cuff.

What it addressed was that Ivan will be our coach until end 2020. That he wasn’t going to break his contract.

Isn’t that enough?
No. It would have been enough at the beginning of the week, but far from it four or five days later.