Ivan Cleary - THREAD..

Tarl

Re: Ivan Cleary - THREAD..

Post by Tarl » Mon 13 Aug, 2018 5:43 pm

The way I see it, we are in the same boat as a month ago. Ie. Ivan is here at least until the end of his contract. If anything, we have more certainty with Ivan saying as much.

The Patriot

Post by The Patriot » Mon 13 Aug, 2018 5:43 pm

hobbo wrote:
Mon 13 Aug, 2018 5:16 pm
Demps wrote:
Mon 13 Aug, 2018 4:52 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Mon 13 Aug, 2018 4:00 pm
Bit off topic, but Ciraldo looks and carries himself like a bit of a douchebag.
Yep...
Wasn't anything special as a player either.
Plodder

And as Gould has confirmed is a sooky little so and so who runs behind the coaches back when he doesnt get his way.
Its an opinion!

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Mon 13 Aug, 2018 5:44 pm

The Patriot wrote:
Mon 13 Aug, 2018 5:43 pm
hobbo wrote:
Demps wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Mon 13 Aug, 2018 4:00 pm
Bit off topic, but Ciraldo looks and carries himself like a bit of a douchebag.
Yep...
Plodder

And as Gould has confirmed is a sooky little so and so who runs behind the coaches back when he doesnt get his way.
Twice :lol:
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

TonyTiger

Post by TonyTiger » Mon 13 Aug, 2018 5:48 pm

TrueTiger wrote:
Mon 13 Aug, 2018 8:53 am
innsaneink wrote:
Sun 12 Aug, 2018 8:31 pm
TonyTiger wrote:
Sun 12 Aug, 2018 8:23 pm
TrueTiger wrote:
Sun 12 Aug, 2018 8:12 pm

How you feeling now DT,we won by 2 and didnt have 50 put on us as you hoped...I didnt see a coniving man,I saw a proffessional coach preparing his team for an assault on the finals...

Ivan addressed this situation when he could,not when you and others wanted him to...kudos to him for staring adversity in the face and putting the club and team first....must hurt some on here to be proven wrong because they decided to join the media frenzy and not know or have the facts first..
Oh please, pass me the vomit bucket!
Let me guess, you are under 15yo, your Mum set you up on the Forum and you got sand kicked in you face at the beach today ... you’ve made some sort of ‘fantasy’ victory in your own mind...
Now off to bed, you have a big day at school tomorrow.
Thats some reply there Tony
I see true tiger present the facts
I see you present insults.
Says it all
Its unbelievable what some people will say on this forum without knowing the writer personally....I stand by my comments and applaud Ivan for coaching the team to beat the Raiders yesterday and not go there for our usual flogging from them..
I will also congratulate Ivan for keeping the team positive in a time when negativity was at a high this week...
If Ivan does take up another offer elsewhere after his contract is up with us,then that is the norm for coaches in the NRL these days whether it be more money,more challenges or personal reasons....he may also extend his stay with us....it is his choice...nobody can really know unless we are given factual evidence by Ivan himself,after all it is his career and his choice..

Just a little tip Tony...dont try to insult my intelligence with sarcastic replies..it makes you look bad ...Im much older than you think,my mum past away several years ago,I have a responsible job and I have never had sand kicked in my face because I dont live near the beach.....
I got fed up with you berating anyone who could see through Ivan and took time out to express it.

Telltails

Post by Telltails » Mon 13 Aug, 2018 5:57 pm

Masterton wrote:
Mon 13 Aug, 2018 5:27 pm
The Patriot wrote:
Mon 13 Aug, 2018 1:38 pm
weststigers wrote:
Mon 13 Aug, 2018 11:42 am
The reality of this whole sage is:

1. Any "commitment" Cleary makes beyond his contract basically gives up the goose on what Nathan is doing with his contract.
2. Any "commitment" Nathan makes beyond his contract basically gives up the goose on what Ivan is doing with his contract.

One side is going to be very disappointed and both teams are in finals contention.

Whether Ivan says nothing (as he has done) or he makes a statement that he wants to either stay at the Tigers beyond 2020 or move to the Panthers, it's a lose/lose as far as media storms go. Vice versa for his son Nathan.

This might just be the lesser of 2 evils.
This is the reality of it. What Nathan announces gives the game away. It's a great point.

This whole thing will blow up again once Nathan makes his announcement. We can only hope it's in our favour.
I don't get this. If our board are determined that Ivan won't be leaving, do we really think Penrith will just sign a nuftie "interim" coach for 2 years. They'll sign the best coach they can, and if the new coach is any good, who says they'll want Ivan later?

(Not that it will stop things from blowing up again)
A problem for Penrith now if they insist on waiting for Cleary. Cant see any experienced coach signing for just two years keeping the seat warm for Cleary - unless one of the sacked coaches like Toovey or Henry use it as a leg up to get back in the fray.
Gould may have to wear the hat if Ciraldo doesnt meet expectation.

Masterton

Post by Masterton » Mon 13 Aug, 2018 5:58 pm

The Patriot wrote:
Mon 13 Aug, 2018 5:42 pm
Masterton wrote:
The Patriot wrote:
weststigers wrote:

1. Any "commitment" Cleary makes beyond his contract basically gives up the goose on what Nathan is doing with his contract.
2. Any "commitment" Nathan makes beyond his contract basically gives up the goose on what Ivan is doing with his contract.

One side is going to be very disappointed and both teams are in finals contention.

Whether Ivan says nothing (as he has done) or he makes a statement that he wants to either stay at the Tigers beyond 2020 or move to the Panthers, it's a lose/lose as far as media storms go. Vice versa for his son Nathan.

This is the reality of it. What Nathan announces gives the game away. It's a great point.

This whole thing will blow up again once Nathan makes his announcement. We can only hope it's in our favour.
I don't get this. If our board are determined that Ivan won't be leaving, do we really think Penrith will just sign a nuftie "interim" coach for 2 years. They'll sign the best coach they can, and if the new coach is any good, who says they'll want Ivan later?

You say "i dont get this" then say "not that it will stop things from blowing up".

Thats my point, it WILL NOT go away as easy as some think.
Yeah, I'm not disagreeing that it will get press. But if the board is determined, Penrith will sign another good coach soon enough. We just have to stand firm. They can't wait long.
"I was on the bus before you painted it yellow."

Post by 851 » Mon 13 Aug, 2018 6:01 pm

Telltails wrote:
Mon 13 Aug, 2018 5:57 pm
Masterton wrote:
The Patriot wrote:
weststigers wrote:

A problem for Penrith now if they insist on waiting for Cleary. Cant see any experienced coach signing for just two years keeping the seat warm for Cleary - unless one of the sacked coaches like Toovey or Henry use it as a leg up to get back in the fray.
Gould may have to wear the hat if Ciraldo doesnt meet expectation.
Bennett might, that would fill the 2 year gap they have, lets hope Wayne wants 3 years
Go hard or go home

The Patriot

Post by The Patriot » Mon 13 Aug, 2018 6:23 pm

Masterton wrote:
Mon 13 Aug, 2018 5:58 pm
The Patriot wrote:
Mon 13 Aug, 2018 5:42 pm
Masterton wrote:
The Patriot wrote:

You say "i dont get this" then say "not that it will stop things from blowing up".

Thats my point, it WILL NOT go away as easy as some think.
Yeah, I'm not disagreeing that it will get press. But if the board is determined, Penrith will sign another good coach soon enough. We just have to stand firm. They can't wait long.

And if they sign the new guy to a 2 year contract?
Its an opinion!

LARDS

Post by LARDS » Mon 13 Aug, 2018 6:32 pm

hobbo wrote:
Mon 13 Aug, 2018 5:44 pm
The Patriot wrote:
Mon 13 Aug, 2018 5:43 pm
hobbo wrote:
Demps wrote:

Yep...
Plodder

Twice :lol:
Maybe more.
If I'm not mistaken, he sacked ricky after uncle Wayne said he'd come to the roosters.
I would not be surprised if it was because he was trying to coach Ricky's side.
Ivan would have rocks in his head if he wanted to go back to that.

TrueTiger

Post by TrueTiger » Mon 13 Aug, 2018 6:41 pm

TonyTiger wrote:
Mon 13 Aug, 2018 5:49 pm
TrueTiger wrote:
Mon 13 Aug, 2018 8:53 am
innsaneink wrote:
Sun 12 Aug, 2018 8:31 pm
TonyTiger wrote:
Sun 12 Aug, 2018 8:23 pm

Oh please, pass me the vomit bucket!
Let me guess, you are under 15yo, your Mum set you up on the Forum and you got sand kicked in you face at the beach today ... you’ve made some sort of ‘fantasy’ victory in your own mind...
Now off to bed, you have a big day at school tomorrow.
Thats some reply there Tony
I see true tiger present the facts
I see you present insults.
Says it all
Its unbelievable what some people will say on this forum without knowing the writer personally....I stand by my comments and applaud Ivan for coaching the team to beat the Raiders yesterday and not go there for our usual flogging from them..
I will also congratulate Ivan for keeping the team positive in a time when negativity was at a high this week...
If Ivan does take up another offer elsewhere after his contract is up with us,then that is the norm for coaches in the NRL these days whether it be more money,more challenges or personal reasons....he may also extend his stay with us....it is his choice...nobody can really know unless we are given factual evidence by Ivan himself,after all it is his career and his choice..

Just a little tip Tony...dont try to insult my intelligence with sarcastic replies..it makes you look bad ...Im much older than you think,my mum past away several years ago,I have a responsible job and I have never had sand kicked in my face because I dont live near the beach.....
I got fed up with you berating anyone who could see through Ivan and took time out to express it.

Can you point out where I berated anyone while expressing the facts of this situation...only thing I said was that people get to emotional without knowing the facts and we should wait until we here from the club..
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

Post by 851 » Mon 13 Aug, 2018 7:01 pm

Kent saying on NRL 360 Cleary will be at penrith next year, Buzz confirmed Griffin was told that Cleary was replacing him
Go hard or go home

will1999

Post by will1999 » Mon 13 Aug, 2018 7:05 pm

851 wrote:
Mon 13 Aug, 2018 7:01 pm
Kent saying on NRL 360 Cleary will be at penrith next year, Buzz confirmed Griffin was told that Cleary was replacing him
they just don't stop talking about the Cleary family

WT2K

Post by WT2K » Mon 13 Aug, 2018 7:11 pm

851 wrote:
And here we go again :lol:
No more plodders!
:sign:

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Mon 13 Aug, 2018 7:14 pm

I see your Paul Kent and raise you a Matty Johns who said Ivan is a man of his word..
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Mon 13 Aug, 2018 7:15 pm

WT2K wrote:
Mon 13 Aug, 2018 7:11 pm
851 wrote:
And here we go again :lol:
Long off season coming up .
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

Post by 851 » Mon 13 Aug, 2018 7:18 pm

Geo. wrote:
Mon 13 Aug, 2018 7:14 pm
I see your Paul Kent and raise you a Matty Johns who said Ivan is a man of his word..
I am not saying I believe Kent, just letting the people without FOX know it is still going on, and in there words will keep going on until Ivan answers the hard question's
Go hard or go home

BalmainJnr

Post by BalmainJnr » Mon 13 Aug, 2018 7:20 pm

If Paul Kent thinks Ivan is going to Penrith next year, we can now be assured 100% that Ivan will definitely stay at the Tigers. He has never been correct on anything related to the Tigers.

rex2ce

Post by rex2ce » Mon 13 Aug, 2018 7:21 pm

I think the Cleary’s could use a solicitor to stop the mis information if they wanted to