player transfers as compensation

swag tiger

Re: player transfers as compensation

Post by swag tiger » Wed 08 Aug, 2018 1:56 pm

TopTiger wrote:
Wed 08 Aug, 2018 1:53 pm
Hard to fathom how player transfers would work. Surely the Panthers would draw up a list of players it would be willing to release but I would envisage it would not feature any of the players previously mentioned in this topic. Maybe someone like Merrin or Tamou with their best days behind them or several ISP players (remembering that the Panthers do have great juniors running around). I would envisage it will be a monetary settlement only for Ivan but stranger things have happened!!
We can hardball with them as we have Cleary after all.
I have family in Balmain and the Western suburbs so i guess that makes me a Balmain Westie

Winner of FIFA world cup LMS 2018 Winner of WTF Draft 2

jctiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by jctiger » Wed 08 Aug, 2018 2:02 pm

Hope no panther fans are visiting this forum, they’d be laughing at us !

LARDS

Post by LARDS » Wed 08 Aug, 2018 2:24 pm

Id take Malony.
2 reasons, he'd be good for us and it would hurt penrith

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by formerguest » Wed 08 Aug, 2018 2:34 pm

Player transfers on top of some financial compensation is realistic for mine, but likely on the basis that WT are paying all or most of the current freight and Penrith an inducement amount to facilitate the move for each player.

For this to occur, I assume WT would provide a shortlist of players, from which the ones Penrith are not prepared to release will be culled. From there, the full contract details of those remaining (possibly another that WT still insisted upon) would be made available, so that informed decisions can be made.

A back rower, center and young half would be nice.

swag tiger

Post by swag tiger » Wed 08 Aug, 2018 2:38 pm

LARDS wrote:
Wed 08 Aug, 2018 2:24 pm
Id take Malony.
2 reasons, he'd be good for us and it would hurt penrith
Maloney rejected our advances past year.
I have family in Balmain and the Western suburbs so i guess that makes me a Balmain Westie

swag tiger

Post by swag tiger » Wed 08 Aug, 2018 2:40 pm

formerguest wrote:
Wed 08 Aug, 2018 2:34 pm
Player transfers on top of some financial compensation is realistic for mine, but likely on the basis that WT are paying all or most of the current freight and Penrith an inducement amount to facilitate the move for each player.

For this to occur, I assume WT would provide a shortlist of players, from which the ones Penrith are not prepared to release will be culled. From there, the full contract details of those remaining (possibly another that WT still insisted upon) would be made available, so that informed decisions can be made.

A back rower, center and young half would be nice.
Remember this is so they can keep Nathan so we can see how badly they want to keep Nathan.

Tacky

Post by Tacky » Wed 08 Aug, 2018 2:40 pm

Penrith are desperate, we are not. We have all the leverage.
Pres. MCK fan club

MCK fan club members: VP hobbo. Spud Murphy. WestsBenTigers. wt01. TigerKapa. TigersBusDriver. Clearyweareone. kh_canada. sheer64. Magpie Magic. tigermac88. LeichhardtTiger. beachtiger. TSupps05. underdog. rex2ce. teddy23. Tigerdon. willow. TrueTiger. tigerbenji. Balmainbred. hank37w. criwdfluffer. Ken Y.

swag tiger

Post by swag tiger » Wed 08 Aug, 2018 2:51 pm

Tacky wrote:
Wed 08 Aug, 2018 2:40 pm
Penrith are desperate, we are not. We have all the leverage.
Worst case move Ivan to ISP coach.

Harvey

Post by Harvey » Wed 08 Aug, 2018 4:48 pm

Any players we take should be with us paying them minimum NRL contract value. Penrith can top it up from there out of their cap

The Patriot

Post by The Patriot » Wed 08 Aug, 2018 5:01 pm

Ciraldo.

Forget the players, players can get out of contracts very easily
Its an opinion!

joelw2002

Post by joelw2002 » Wed 08 Aug, 2018 6:09 pm

I'd either take Waqa Blake, Tyrone Peachey or Viliame Kikau.
President of the Mahe Fonua Fan Club

Mahe Fonua Fan Club Members:

upthetigers. happy tiger. NT Tiger. WestsBenTigers. Masterton. westy81. Tiger Steve. Donald Trump. The Patriot. TigerTiger. TopTiger. Earl. JB58. Magpie Magic. Wildcat777. wt01.

TonyTiger

Post by TonyTiger » Wed 08 Aug, 2018 6:15 pm

Only the orange peeler is being offered

TCL
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by TCL » Wed 08 Aug, 2018 6:17 pm

TonyTiger wrote:
Wed 08 Aug, 2018 6:15 pm
Only the orange peeler is being offered
Apparently he is on $3.5m

Black'n'White

Post by Black'n'White » Wed 08 Aug, 2018 6:46 pm

swag tiger wrote:
Wed 08 Aug, 2018 1:56 pm
TopTiger wrote:
Wed 08 Aug, 2018 1:53 pm
Hard to fathom how player transfers would work. Surely the Panthers would draw up a list of players it would be willing to release but I would envisage it would not feature any of the players previously mentioned in this topic. Maybe someone like Merrin or Tamou with their best days behind them or several ISP players (remembering that the Panthers do have great juniors running around). I would envisage it will be a monetary settlement only for Ivan but stranger things have happened!!
We can hardball with them as we have Cleary after all.
to be honest, the moment they walk up to the negotiating table, they give away any possibility of winning legal proceedings as its an action of intent.... put a ludicrous compo claim in, 4 players on half rate of the rest of their existing contract even extend them and make Penrith do the leg work with agents, and $2m from their coaching cap per yr for the rest of Ivans contract with us. They baulk, we walk from negotiations. Bet we get a second meeting, if not we sue them and have firmer stance to do so from.

Hurt the playing group to penalise the coach. Im hurting... see if Ivan can recoup control of a disnfranchised playing group when his love for his son costs them a few of their best players.

If I dont hear we walked away from the first sit down, Im not going to be happy. We should be asking for more than they are willing to sacrifice.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Wed 08 Aug, 2018 6:54 pm

Let’s hope Pascoe isn’t like Kramer when he sued the coffee company.

LeichhardtTiger

Post by LeichhardtTiger » Wed 08 Aug, 2018 6:59 pm

Anyone with a hyphenated Surname
There are two kinds of people in the world - those that live in Balmain and those that wished they did.

Spud Murphy

Post by Spud Murphy » Wed 08 Aug, 2018 7:06 pm

If this is even a 'thing' we would most likely be given Merrin and Tamou as they were already being rumoured to be leaving anyway. There is no way Kikau, CHN, Fisher Harris or the like would be released. However that little No 7 (his name escapes me) who played in Cleary's place while he was in Origin would come in very handy. He's gonna be stuck behind Nathan for years now, I imagine he'd like an opportunity elsewhere.

Cairnstigers

Post by Cairnstigers » Wed 08 Aug, 2018 7:13 pm

Dylan Edward's
Move Mbye to partner Brooks in Halves
Fisher Harris
And
Katoa