Luke Brooks

GNR4LIFE

Re: Luke Brooks

Post by GNR4LIFE » Mon 12 Nov, 2018 9:05 pm

Brooks doesn’t have the personality to be captain.

TIGERPOWER

Post by TIGERPOWER » Mon 12 Nov, 2018 11:39 pm

Nelson wrote:
Mon 12 Nov, 2018 7:51 pm
TIGERPOWER wrote:
Mon 12 Nov, 2018 7:47 pm
innsaneink wrote:
Mon 12 Nov, 2018 5:23 pm
Tigers17 wrote:
Mon 12 Nov, 2018 5:10 pm
I sincerely hope that when Luke agrees to a new contract he is made Vice/Caption for 2019 with the promise that he is caption from 2020 onwards.

Chris Lawrence deserves to be caption for 2019.
No.
You dont offer the (c) as incentive to retention.
IF...if he is deemed suitable for a leadership role by the coach then yes by all means...some players arent suited, some prefer not to have the responsibility
Haven’t you heard Tigers17, you need to run your opinion by the self appointed opinion police. He states NO to your opinion, so try not to have one different to him.
Quit your constant, idiotic sniping at him. It’s annoying and you’ve been warned not to do it plenty of times.
Don’t get involved idiot.

TonyTiger

Post by TonyTiger » Mon 12 Nov, 2018 11:55 pm

TIGERPOWER wrote:
innsaneink wrote:
Tigers17 wrote:
I sincerely hope that when Luke agrees to a new contract he is made Vice/Caption for 2019 with the promise that he is caption from 2020 onwards.

No.
IF...if he is deemed suitable for a leadership role by the coach then yes by all means...some players arent suited, some prefer not to have the responsibility
Haven’t you heard Tigers17, you need to run your opinion by the self appointed opinion police. He states NO to your opinion, so try not to have one different to him.
I know how you feel, I was also subjected to unwarranted abuse and harassment for having alternate views to him.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Tue 13 Nov, 2018 12:43 am

Geo. wrote:
Mon 12 Nov, 2018 5:46 am
happy tiger wrote:
Mon 12 Nov, 2018 12:34 am
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sun 11 Nov, 2018 9:28 pm
Pretty short odds he stays. Who knows what he and Maguire have talked about over the last couple weeks. It’s natural they would want to meet each other before Brooks makes a decision. Hopefully the meeting is just a formality.
I don't know why , but I'm really concerned now

In past seasons he probably lacked the confidence to back himself to leave to another club

After almost winning the Dally M , he will have the confidence he can do it anywhere and behind a better pack and having options outside him who can make him look even better he will be very tempted after another failed season

He signs for 3 seasons and we don't crack the 8 , he does lots of damage to his career

Put yourself in his shoes for a moment , he has seen so many coaches , so many different 5/8's , underwhelming forward packs , outside backs who'd be slower than some sides front rowers and no finals footy ........

I won't be surprised if he leaves to be honest
Yes a clear leader in the...Annabelle’s Lemon Face Challenge
Concord :?

If anyone thinks it hasn't crossed his mind they are nuts

He may not leave , but it will be more good luck than good management

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Tue 13 Nov, 2018 5:56 am

TonyTiger wrote:
Mon 12 Nov, 2018 11:55 pm
TIGERPOWER wrote:
innsaneink wrote:
Tigers17 wrote:

No.
I know how you feel, I was also subjected to unwarranted abuse and harassment for having alternate views to him.
Oh please...cut the dramatics
There is a report function...use it!

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Tue 13 Nov, 2018 6:11 am

happy tiger wrote:
Tue 13 Nov, 2018 12:43 am
Geo. wrote:
happy tiger wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sun 11 Nov, 2018 9:28 pm
Pretty short odds he stays. Who knows what he and Maguire have talked about over the last couple weeks. It’s natural they would want to meet each other before Brooks makes a decision. Hopefully the meeting is just a formality.

In past seasons he probably lacked the confidence to back himself to leave to another club

After almost winning the Dally M , he will have the confidence he can do it anywhere and behind a better pack and having options outside him who can make him look even better he will be very tempted after another failed season

He signs for 3 seasons and we don't crack the 8 , he does lots of damage to his career

Put yourself in his shoes for a moment , he has seen so many coaches , so many different 5/8's , underwhelming forward packs , outside backs who'd be slower than some sides front rowers and no finals footy ........

Well any player off contract and with offers would consider them...I would be surprised if he left as I believe Brooks want to be a major part of earning success at the Wests Tigers...unlike some of our other talented juniors who have left for greener pastures Brooks wants that for us..IMO..nothing to do with luck our management..he had an opportunity before taking up his option in 2016 to enter the Storm system under Bellamy and knocked it back..
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am
OK I was wrong
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 22 Nov, 2018 12:13 am
I know at times I'm not always the brightest light in the kitchen

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Tue 13 Nov, 2018 6:17 am

Yeah...if he stays its just good luck
If he leave...poor management
They cant win

bbobb

Post by bbobb » Tue 13 Nov, 2018 6:49 am

I am kind of using the re-signing of Luke as a bit of a gauge to the health of the club. 12 months earlier we basically lost Teddy and Woodsy who, let’s face it, couldn’t wait to get out of the club.

If Brooksy stays then I think we may have turned the corner.

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Tue 13 Nov, 2018 8:08 am

bbobb wrote:
Tue 13 Nov, 2018 6:49 am
I am kind of using the re-signing of Luke as a bit of a gauge to the health of the club. 12 months earlier we basically lost Teddy and Woodsy who, let’s face it, couldn’t wait to get out of the club.

Brooks turned down opportunities elsewhere to stay with us. It wasn't as though we were the only option for him.
"This club means a lot to me and I really love this club, I love playing here, I love playing with all of the boys, it's what I've known for pretty much all of my life and I'm happy to be here." - Luke Brooks.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Tue 13 Nov, 2018 8:46 am

Geo. wrote:
Tue 13 Nov, 2018 6:11 am
happy tiger wrote:
Geo. wrote:
happy tiger wrote:

Well any player off contract and with offers would consider them...I would be surprised if he left as I believe Brooks want to be a major part of earning success at the Wests Tigers...unlike some of our other talented juniors who have left for greener pastures Brooks wants that for us..IMO..nothing to do with luck our management..he had an opportunity before taking up his option in 2016 to enter the Storm system under Bellamy and knocked it back..
My point is 2016 and 2019 are two completely different situations

2016 he was still just potential

Now he is on of the top halves running around

My comment about management ....... :brick: ........isn't aimed at management ....but Brooks has seen more coaches in half a career than most see in two careers

I want him to stay ........just saying I have a bad feeling ......possibly do to the fact usually when something good happens at the WT's in the past it has followed by 3 bad things happening :cry:

As bbob said , it will be a good test of where we currently stand

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Tue 13 Nov, 2018 9:35 am

happy tiger wrote:
Tue 13 Nov, 2018 8:46 am
Geo. wrote:
happy tiger wrote:
Geo. wrote:

My comment about management ....... :brick: ........isn't aimed at management ....but Brooks has seen more coaches in half a career than most see in two careers

I want him to stay ........just saying I have a bad feeling ......possibly do to the fact usually when something good happens at the WT's in the past it has followed by 3 bad things happening :cry:

Never mind... :brick:
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am
OK I was wrong
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 22 Nov, 2018 12:13 am
I know at times I'm not always the brightest light in the kitchen

Pawsandclaws

Post by Pawsandclaws » Tue 13 Nov, 2018 9:45 am

bbobb wrote:
Tue 13 Nov, 2018 6:49 am

Brooks' staying has more to do with his values than the health of the club. The time the "big three" made the decision to leave, the Club was on the way up. Tedesco was always going to leave and does anyone believe he had the same level of loyalty towards WTs as Brooks?

Telltails

Post by Telltails » Tue 13 Nov, 2018 9:47 am

happy tiger wrote:
Tue 13 Nov, 2018 8:46 am
Geo. wrote:
happy tiger wrote:
Geo. wrote:

I agree to a certain point - but without knowing Brooks personally just by pure observation, sticking with whats familiar and getting paid well to do it, maybe far more attractive than testing himself elsewhere.
Could be a good thing for us, or could be more of the same - some great individual games but lacking the leadership and control when needed.
If he does stay Im hoping that Maguire will be the coach that has the biggest impact on his career.

Siamtiger

Post by Siamtiger » Wed 14 Nov, 2018 11:56 pm

I believe the coach merry go round at our club with a series of coaches has been detrimental to Luke Brooks development. He has shown season 2018 that he is on the up and some stability especially in the halves could be to our favour.
We cant afford to allow all our juniors coming through to leave and move on.
Realistically our veterans will have their swansong this year.
Who possibly could we get as a replacement.????
Stick with Brooks but firm up the other halves position as constant rotation cant be helping.
Im willing to give madge a Go !
Let him sort it out because his coaching career also needs success and some stability.

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Thu 15 Nov, 2018 6:16 am

Tigers17 wrote:

I strongly think that Brooks would struggle as a Captain .
I’d rather have him concentrating on his job at Half.

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Thu 15 Nov, 2018 8:50 am

The Old Man captained Lebo World Cup excellently 12 months ago and has had more coaches than some of us has had showers. If Ivan can go back as coach as Panthers than strangers things have happened.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Thu 15 Nov, 2018 8:54 am

"This club means a lot to me and I really love this club, I love playing here, I love playing with all of the boys, it's what I've known for pretty much all of my life and I'm happy to be here." - Luke Brooks.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Thu 15 Nov, 2018 8:57 am

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Thu 15 Nov, 2018 8:54 am
I had realised and was just returning to move but you took the words right out of my mouth
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)