Luke Brooks

Byron Bay Fan

Re: Luke Brooks

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Wed 05 Sep, 2018 3:54 pm

Was Luke one of the Big Four who last time delayed signing for yonks? Maybe we should also offer a contract to another decent half just in case and see which comes in first.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

Russell

Post by Russell » Wed 05 Sep, 2018 4:05 pm

philgood wrote:
Wed 05 Sep, 2018 10:19 am
Russell wrote:
Wed 05 Sep, 2018 10:15 am
formerguest wrote:
Wed 05 Sep, 2018 10:12 am
Pretty sure that I stated it at the time, that amongst others, the worst thing about Farah coming back was always going to be bringing BBF back from the burrow with him. I can cop the other stuff and find some interesting, but his worship of Farah is way beyond ridiculous.

Like a good amount of others, I think Brooks is generally better sans Farah and was probably the form half of the competition for the majority of the season.
Imo - Farah has cost him the Dally-M.
Lol.

If it wasnt for Farah, we'd still be playing Elijah Taylor at hooker and running dead last with Parramatta
Yes but Brooks was playing better - and that was the point.

Russell

Post by Russell » Wed 05 Sep, 2018 4:08 pm

avocadoontoast wrote:
Wed 05 Sep, 2018 11:44 am
Russell wrote:
formerguest wrote:
Pretty sure that I stated it at the time, that amongst others, the worst thing about Farah coming back was always going to be bringing BBF back from the burrow with him. I can cop the other stuff and find some interesting, but his worship of Farah is way beyond ridiculous.

Like a good amount of others, I think Brooks is generally better sans Farah and was probably the form half of the competition for the majority of the season.
That may be your most ridiculous comment ever (and that’s saying something!)
That's a bit rich coming from you!

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Wed 05 Sep, 2018 4:17 pm

Russell wrote:
Wed 05 Sep, 2018 4:05 pm
philgood wrote:
Russell wrote:
formerguest wrote:

Lol.

If it wasnt for Farah, we'd still be playing Elijah Taylor at hooker and running dead last with Parramatta
well using the same logic of Russell's it could be said that keeping Farah away so long so Brooks could win the Award cost us a place in the Finals.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

avocadoontoast

Post by avocadoontoast » Wed 05 Sep, 2018 4:35 pm

Russell wrote:
Wed 05 Sep, 2018 4:08 pm
avocadoontoast wrote:
Russell wrote:
formerguest wrote:

Like that time I said that Tui was better than RTS and Ben Barba? Oh wait that was you! But, jokes aside, I think today's comment that Luke Brooks didn't get the the Dally M because Farah joined really does take the cake. Even for you that was absolutely bonkers.

Russell

Post by Russell » Wed 05 Sep, 2018 4:41 pm

Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Wed 05 Sep, 2018 4:17 pm
Russell wrote:
philgood wrote:
Russell wrote:

Lol.

well using the same logic of Russell's it could be said that keeping Farah away so long so Brooks could win the Award cost us a place in the Finals.
The point is Mate! That this is a Brooks thread - you don't have to make it all about Farah for every thread.

People were, you are included getting stuck into Brooks for not controlling the game - he cannot do that without the ball and seeing that at least 75% of the time the ball is going to Marshall or someone else, the control is in someone else's hands. Wonder who?

I have heard him screaming for the ball many times whilst at games, only to be left high and dry. The point being made was that HE was playing better when he was getting the ball (hence he was getting points in the Dally-M's) - we may well have got into the finals if he had been given more control - it didn't work out the other way - DID IT! [

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Wed 05 Sep, 2018 4:41 pm

Yeah i love Brooks but that's a doosy...
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am
OK I was wrong
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 22 Nov, 2018 12:13 am
I know at times I'm not always the brightest light in the kitchen

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Wed 05 Sep, 2018 4:44 pm

Geo. wrote:
Wed 05 Sep, 2018 4:41 pm
Yeah i love Brooks but that's a doosy...
No a doozy Mr can't spell

Russell

Post by Russell » Wed 05 Sep, 2018 5:00 pm

avocadoontoast wrote:
Wed 05 Sep, 2018 4:35 pm
Russell wrote:
avocadoontoast wrote:
Russell wrote:

Like that time I said that Tui was better than RTS and Ben Barba? Oh wait that was you! But, jokes aside, I think today's comment that Luke Brooks didn't get the the Dally M because Farah joined really does take the cake. Even for you that was absolutely bonkers.
He may still get the Dally-m for half back of the year - has played better than most of them.

avocadoontoast

Post by avocadoontoast » Wed 05 Sep, 2018 5:05 pm

Russell wrote:
Wed 05 Sep, 2018 5:00 pm
avocadoontoast wrote:
Wed 05 Sep, 2018 4:35 pm
Russell wrote:
avocadoontoast wrote:

He may still get the Dally-m for half back of the year - has played better than most of them.
And that's fine, I think Brooks has had a really good year. But to suggest his season was thrown off the rails because we got a half decent dummy half is just not true.

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Wed 05 Sep, 2018 5:09 pm

Russell wrote:
Wed 05 Sep, 2018 4:41 pm
Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Wed 05 Sep, 2018 4:17 pm
Russell wrote:
philgood wrote:

Lol.

The point is Mate! That this is a Brooks thread - you don't have to make it all about Farah for every thread.

People were, you are included getting stuck into Brooks for not controlling the game - he cannot do that without the ball and seeing that at least 75% of the time the ball is going to Marshall or someone else, the control is in someone else's hands. Wonder who?

I have heard him screaming for the ball many times whilst at games, only to be left high and dry. The point being made was that HE was playing better when he was getting the ball (hence he was getting points in the Dally-M's) - we may well have got into the finals if he had been given more control - it didn't work out the other way - DID IT! [
Russell, I tried to make peace 3 pages back but then you spurted out with Brooks winning the Dally M except for HRH. Frankly speaking I don't believe Luke will ever control a game whomever may happen to be at DH. Thurston will and HRH a few times a year. But if Luke can do so then I am very happy for him and the team. When HRH retires will I respond to your search party?

mremedy

Post by mremedy » Wed 05 Sep, 2018 5:10 pm

Why can't it be true that Brooks and Farah haven't learnt how to play together?
Why can't it be true that Brooks played better this year without Farah in the team?
Does anyone have any stats to show one way or another?

clontarfkid

Post by clontarfkid » Wed 05 Sep, 2018 5:17 pm

If Brooks won Dally M this year it wld totally diminish the credibility of the award forever!
Hes barely 1st grade standard 3 weeks out of 4,and in the past month or two he been reducing that average!!

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Wed 05 Sep, 2018 5:18 pm

TrueTiger wrote:
Wed 05 Sep, 2018 8:30 am
Cairnstigers wrote:
Tue 04 Sep, 2018 6:53 pm
If we didnt get ripped off by the refs against Brisbane and managed two more wins we wouldn't be arguing about where we sit now
I hope the boys learn from this years results
Just because we beat the top teams doesn't mean we make the finals
We need to lift more against the lesser teams
If we did that we would be talking about this weeks game

You cant point the finger at a couple of players
Every player in our team missed tackles
dropped balls
And bombed try's
It was a collective effort from the team
It was Brooks best year
Hopefully next year he steps up again along with every other player we have
You make some very valid points CT,Im going to put my arguements forward in regard to Luke and others performances this year purely on CONSISTENCY and the lack of..when I say consisteny we have to go right back to the preseason and go from there...we lost Grub who would have been alongside Luke preparing for the execution of gameplans...Grub fails to start the season and Benji comes in,Luke has a different minder so to speak....Liddle our prospective dh gets injured and fails to play for weeks and the swapping week in week out of dh players unsettles the team organisation...Tui our fullback selection performs poorly after injury and we have to swap Corey to cover the FB spot and MWZ comes in...Packer gets injured and barely reaches his reputation for along time...still the team perform admirably,however the shuffling around and introducing debutants takes its toll,along with some very bad ref calls...

The refs calls were the most damaging taking the wind out of the teams sails,particularly the Broncs game..

Overall the lack of consistentcy in the run on team is what may have contributed to a team being just short of finals footy,they have done well considering and we should accept that they did do well with so many changes week in and week out...
Losing Reynolds was probably the best thing that happened to us
He wasn’t going to win any for us if his recent games were anything to go by,
Whether he was at 6 or 9
A good number for him is closer to 30 :pray:

Tiger Steve

Post by Tiger Steve » Wed 05 Sep, 2018 7:28 pm

goldcoast tiger wrote:
Wed 05 Sep, 2018 5:18 pm
TrueTiger wrote:
Cairnstigers wrote:
If we didnt get ripped off by the refs against Brisbane and managed two more wins we wouldn't be arguing about where we sit now

dropped balls
And bombed try's
It was Brooks best year
You make some very valid points CT,Im going to put my arguements forward in regard to Luke and others performances this year purely on CONSISTENCY and the lack of..when I say consisteny we have to go right back to the preseason and go from there...we lost Grub who would have been alongside Luke preparing for the execution of gameplans...Grub fails to start the season and Benji comes in,Luke has a different minder so to speak....Liddle our prospective dh gets injured and fails to play for weeks and the swapping week in week out of dh players unsettles the team organisation...Tui our fullback selection performs poorly after injury and we have to swap Corey to cover the FB spot and MWZ comes in...Packer gets injured and barely reaches his reputation for along time...still the team perform admirably,however the shuffling around and introducing debutants takes its toll,along with some very bad ref calls...

The refs calls were the most damaging taking the wind out of the teams sails,particularly the Broncs game..

Overall the lack of consistentcy in the run on team is what may have contributed to a team being just short of finals footy,they have done well considering and we should accept that they did do well with so many changes week in and week out...
Whether he was at 6 or 9
What is this comment based on? Come on, at least give him a few games before you nail him to a cross!
“Peanuts! Get ya peanuts - in the shell or sugar coated!” Leichhardt memories.

Russell

Post by Russell » Wed 05 Sep, 2018 7:29 pm

goldcoast tiger wrote:
TrueTiger wrote:
Cairnstigers wrote:

dropped balls
And bombed try's
It was Brooks best year

Whether he was at 6 or 9
We all know including Josh that he is not a 9.

Bit harsh to judge him a nothing on a few games at 6.

I thought he played pretty well in the games he did play.

Post by 851 » Wed 05 Sep, 2018 7:39 pm

Russell wrote:
Wed 05 Sep, 2018 7:29 pm
goldcoast tiger wrote:
TrueTiger wrote:
Cairnstigers wrote:

dropped balls
And bombed try's
It was Brooks best year

Whether he was at 6 or 9
We all know including Josh that he is not a 9.

Bit harsh to judge him a nothing on a few games at 6.

I thought he played pretty well in the games he did play.
I agree with Russell, Grub played pretty well at 6, just didn't get many games there with Benji and injuries.
Go hard or go home

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Wed 05 Sep, 2018 7:40 pm

Reynolds is almost like a new signing at 6 next year.