Luke Brooks

TIGERPOWER

Re: Luke Brooks

Post by TIGERPOWER » Tue 11 Sep, 2018 11:10 pm

Geo. wrote:
Tue 11 Sep, 2018 10:59 pm
Well just this year i remember Brooks kicking a FG against someone..laying on a match winning TRY against the Storm setting up some plays at crucial times in other victories even kept us in some of the losses but yeah I have no idea how he managed that
It was definitely Brooks best year so far. He started the year on fire and he was almost unstoppable when he ran. Unfortunately like the rest of the team he fell away as the year went on. With Lawrence he was a stand out for this year. I also think it didn’t help that our halves kept changing due to injuries and form. If Reynolds is injury free I reckon they will form an amazing combination next year.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Wed 12 Sep, 2018 5:34 am

supercoach wrote:
Tue 11 Sep, 2018 10:18 pm
I think Brooks showed some real class this year and it was not like he was playing behind a pack full of power and speed or had a wizard dummy half to give him time and space.

His defence was as good as anyone else in the team and he is the only guy in the club that could compete in a foot race, most of our squad could not run out of sight on a dark night. He was also very durable.

I would be trying to bypass his parasite of a manager and trying to extend his contract. Good no7 are as rare as rocking horse sh.t
This is my view too...I'm glad theres no noise about his contract, good sign imo
Hopefully theres no dramas in this regard like others in the past

Earl

Post by Earl » Wed 12 Sep, 2018 7:07 am

Geo. wrote:
Tue 11 Sep, 2018 10:59 pm
Well just this year i remember Brooks kicking a FG against someone..laying on a match winning TRY against the Storm setting up some plays at crucial times in other victories even kept us in some of the losses but yeah I have no idea how he managed that
The only possible criticism I can see of Brooks is a very vague description of game management. Personally I think he has been our best player this year and one of the few classy players in our team.

I hope we re-sign him soon.

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by formerguest » Wed 12 Sep, 2018 7:19 am

Been okay prior and moved up to very good this season, with his durability and one on one defence standouts.

Tigerdon

Post by Tigerdon » Wed 12 Sep, 2018 7:33 am

Hopefully his combination with Mbye continues to grow. However not to the level it did with Teddy where Brooks was looking for Teddy too often and not playing what was in front of him.
This year he has played more direct. Other players around him need to play off the back of Brooks like what Lawrence was doing.
I'm assuming Lawrence will be left and Matterson right second row.
Ivan "Billy Beane from Moneyball" Cleary!
It's the Ivan of the tiger, It's the thrill of the fight...

Post by 851 » Wed 12 Sep, 2018 9:06 am

TIGERPOWER wrote:
Tue 11 Sep, 2018 9:54 pm
851 wrote:
Tue 11 Sep, 2018 9:04 pm
Tigerdon wrote:
Tue 11 Sep, 2018 9:01 pm
851 wrote:
Tue 11 Sep, 2018 5:28 pm

Careful Col, I say that and I am putting crap on him all year, but I agree 100%
Yeah we get it.
I don't think anyone is comparing Brooks as a game manager to JT or Cronk. It's just that you mention it every chance you get. In this thread alone you have said the same thing over again multiple times.
He's stats on repeat sets and try assists are part of game management and aren't as bad as you are making out.
His repeat sets are quite good, his defence has improved heaps, but we are talking 100 plus games
Watch out, I think the self appointed opinion police is stalking you lol.
I am hearing you mate, they make stuff up, when I correct them, or answer them I am accused of bashing Brooks.
They asked me to own my opinion and when I do, it is all “we get it mate,, you keep saying it”, we’ll stop asking me about it.
How can I answer without mentioning it.
Go hard or go home

Post by 851 » Wed 12 Sep, 2018 9:18 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Tue 11 Sep, 2018 10:32 pm
Tigerdon wrote:
Tue 11 Sep, 2018 9:01 pm
851 wrote:
Tue 11 Sep, 2018 5:28 pm
magpiecol wrote:
Tue 11 Sep, 2018 5:23 pm
He is certainly a first grade half, however, he has no idea how to manage a team around the park. He certainly has no idea how to close out a game.
Careful Col, I say that and I am putting crap on him all year, but I agree 100%
Yeah we get it.
I don't think anyone is comparing Brooks as a game manager to JT or Cronk. It's just that you mention it every chance you get. In this thread alone you have said the same thing over again multiple times.
He's stats on repeat sets and try assists are part of game management and aren't as bad as you are making out.
Yeah, he has a habit of this. In the Cleary thread he must have posted 10-15 times stating he was yet to bag Cleary. Wherever there’s a chance to hammer home a thought, be it on Brooks, Taylor etc, he won’t miss it. Even if he’s said it multiple times.
Pot kettle, black mate, you banged on about your hero JT for 2 years, turn any thread in to. a JT is not that bad thread.
How many times in the Cleary thread did you try turn it, you need to have a good look in your own backyard before having a go at me or anyone else
Go hard or go home

willow

Post by willow » Wed 12 Sep, 2018 9:39 am

Cut the crap guys.

Glennb

Post by Glennb » Wed 12 Sep, 2018 5:29 pm

All this talk about Brooks "game management" but he leads or close to leading "forced drop out stats.

Pawsandclaws

Post by Pawsandclaws » Wed 12 Sep, 2018 6:21 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Wed 12 Sep, 2018 5:34 am
supercoach wrote:
Tue 11 Sep, 2018 10:18 pm
I think Brooks showed some real class this year and it was not like he was playing behind a pack full of power and speed or had a wizard dummy half to give him time and space.

His defence was as good as anyone else in the team and he is the only guy in the club that could compete in a foot race, most of our squad could not run out of sight on a dark night. He was also very durable.

I would be trying to bypass his parasite of a manager and trying to extend his contract. Good no7 are as rare as rocking horse sh.t
This is my view too...I'm glad theres no noise about his contract, good sign imo
Hopefully theres no dramas in this regard like others in the past
Brooks, Marsters, Twal. Lawrence and Thompson all played consistently well this year. Let's lock up Brooks and aim to improve the performance and consistency of others in the squad.

Balmainian

Post by Balmainian » Sat 15 Sep, 2018 1:00 am

Wasn’t he in the running for the Dally M before the results got hidden.

Forget he’s name is Brooks, we all talk about having high caliber players brought to the club, players who can win us games.
In my opinion he is just that.
I personally would rather keep brooks than go after Cleary and lose him and potentially another player due to Clearys speculated price.
Cleary is a good young player I’m not saying he isn’t, With Reynolds on big money if we sign Cleary with his price tag we will be very thin in certain areas of the team.
We need strength and ability across the field not just in the halves.
Instead of Cleary I’d be looking at a top line outside back and proven Front rower.
We had our fair share of injury’s this year and having adequate depth is more important than a 1 million dollar man in my eyes.

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by formerguest » Sat 15 Sep, 2018 7:52 am

To put my perspective to his importance and value to WT, look at the excitement around here when Mbye was signed. If Luke was playing elsewhere and being brought here for similar or less money, which he is supposedly on, this place would be going gangbusters.

TCL
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by TCL » Sat 15 Sep, 2018 7:58 am

Extend his contract. The kid is good.

NT Tiger

Post by NT Tiger » Sat 15 Sep, 2018 8:03 am

formerguest wrote:
Sat 15 Sep, 2018 7:52 am
To put my perspective to his importance and value to WT, look at the excitement around here when Mbye was signed. If Luke was playing elsewhere and being brought here for similar or less money, which he is supposedly on, this place would be going gangbusters.
Point well made.
"Quality Stupidity"

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Sat 15 Sep, 2018 8:40 am

underdog wrote:
Wed 05 Sep, 2018 10:57 am
Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Wed 05 Sep, 2018 10:38 am
philgood wrote:
Wed 05 Sep, 2018 10:19 am
Russell wrote:
Wed 05 Sep, 2018 10:15 am

Imo - Farah has cost him the Dally-M.
Lol.

If it wasnt for Farah, we'd still be playing Elijah Taylor at hooker and running dead last with Parramatta
And our crowds would be down to zero and zero tv ratings etc etc
In all honestly we'd have probably kept Killa, and be playing against the Dragons this week instead of lamenting another season gone without finals footy.
You're kidding? McIlwrick totally sucks.

Boonboon2

Post by Boonboon2 » Sat 15 Sep, 2018 8:41 am

What is interesting to me is that the 4 top club's only 1 has a star halfback - Townsend, Reynolds, whichver kid Melbourne use none are the star halbacks. Obviously Cronk is but it shows U don't need a star halfback and I think it's becaus of the balance of your cap

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Sat 15 Sep, 2018 8:47 am

Boonboon2 wrote:
Sat 15 Sep, 2018 8:41 am
What is interesting to me is that the 4 top club's only 1 has a star halfback - Townsend, Reynolds, whichver kid Melbourne use none are the star halbacks. Obviously Cronk is but it shows U don't need a star halfback and I think it's becaus of the balance of your cap
I agree, I prefer an active DH plus good half back rather than star half back and quiet DH. Not only balancing the cap but also the spine and attack.
Last edited by Byron Bay Fan on Sat 15 Sep, 2018 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

marzie

Post by marzie » Sat 15 Sep, 2018 9:29 am

We really need to extend Brooks, he had a fantastic season and is a tiger through and through