Luke Brooks

Masterton

Re: Luke Brooks

Post by Masterton » Tue 18 Sep, 2018 8:54 pm

Think we should have extended Brooks earlier. Now he knows we have no other real option and can ask for more.
"I was on the bus before you painted it yellow."

WT2K

Post by WT2K » Tue 25 Sep, 2018 12:32 pm

Hopefully his contract is sorted before going into the new season. From a wt perspective don't think we'd want it dragging out throughout the season.
No more plodders!
:sign:

TheDaBoss

Post by TheDaBoss » Tue 25 Sep, 2018 12:47 pm

doa massive contract extension like cleary so we can do a swap :)
:sign: + :deadhorse: = Ivan in a nutshell

steve-o

Post by steve-o » Tue 25 Sep, 2018 12:58 pm

Thinking about potentials suitors for Brooks:
Parra to partner old mate Moses
Bulldogs
Broncos to partner Milford
Raiders

Panthers, Rabbitohs, Sharks, Dragons, Storm, Cowboys, Titans and Knights are set.
Manly seems unlikely with DCE being the chief playmaker, Roosters will probably aim higher, and NZ seems an unlikely fit.
Year of last finals appearance:
2018 - Roosters, Storm, Rabbitohs, Sharks, Panthers, Broncos, Dragons, Warriors
2017 - Eels, Sea Eagles, Cowboys
2016 - Raiders, Bulldogs, Titans
2013 - Knights
2011 - Tigers

WT2K

Post by WT2K » Tue 25 Sep, 2018 1:18 pm

steve-o wrote:
Tue 25 Sep, 2018 12:58 pm
Bulldogs
Raiders

Panthers, Rabbitohs, Sharks, Dragons, Storm, Cowboys, Titans and Knights are set.
Manly seems unlikely with DCE being the chief playmaker, Roosters will probably aim higher, and NZ seems an unlikely fit.
Can't find the link now but read yesterday that raiders are about to sign Ryley Jacks from the Strom. So if that happens you can most likely take raiders off the brooks list.
No more plodders!

The Patriot

Post by The Patriot » Tue 25 Sep, 2018 1:42 pm

Speaking of Ryley Jacks, something to keep in mind when trying to work out what to do with Luke Brooks is that the Melbourne Storm have Jacks, Jerome Hughes, Billie Walter and Scott Drinkwater as depth players.

I wouldnt be rushing in to any big $ contract when that sort of cover is just sitting around in reserve grade
Its an opinion!

TheDaBoss

Post by TheDaBoss » Tue 25 Sep, 2018 1:47 pm

steve-o wrote:
Tue 25 Sep, 2018 12:58 pm
Bulldogs
Raiders

agree

WT2K

Post by WT2K » Tue 25 Sep, 2018 2:23 pm

The Patriot wrote:
Tue 25 Sep, 2018 1:42 pm
Speaking of Ryley Jacks, something to keep in mind when trying to work out what to do with Luke Brooks is that the Melbourne Storm have Jacks, Jerome Hughes, Billie Walter and Scott Drinkwater as depth players.

I wouldnt be rushing in to any big $ contract when that sort of cover is just sitting around in reserve grade
You can add Luai from Penrith to that list too.
No more plodders!

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Tue 25 Sep, 2018 2:33 pm

Brooks would be mad not to start negotiations with the club. He had a very good year, probably take out no7 of the year, NC is out of the picture now so he is holding a trump card and a few cashed up clubs are in need of a no7.

His asking price would be up at least 30% on his last contract and maybe more. Of course his manager might be the stumbling block as it would appear he and the Tigers are not good friends

notarealtiger

Post by notarealtiger » Tue 25 Sep, 2018 4:11 pm

Really hope he signs before the end of the year but that might be hoping for too much. Think he'll test himself on the market, but seems like most clubs have a halfback handy so hopefully his price doesn't get too inflated.

westy81

Post by westy81 » Tue 25 Sep, 2018 4:30 pm

How’s long would you re-sign him for ?
3 years ?
4 years ?
He still has a year in his contract so he can wait till next year to re-sign
Maybe playing better next year could drive up his price more ?
GO THE TIGERS !!!!

prattenparkchild

Post by prattenparkchild » Tue 25 Sep, 2018 4:45 pm

I dont think we should rush re-signing. I still think Brooks is a work in progress, There has been plenty of times he has gone missing and/or been unable to organise the team / plays. He is a great runner and a capable defender but he is not at this stage an organiser. This is one of the key things that the WT miss. If we make an extension offer to Brooks and he re-signs, who is to be our organiser? Reynolds????

Im not against extending Brooks, I'm just concerned we are missing this key element in the teams dynamics and what is the plan to fix it.

Snake

Post by Snake » Tue 25 Sep, 2018 4:53 pm

prattenparkchild wrote:
Tue 25 Sep, 2018 4:45 pm
I dont think we should rush re-signing. I still think Brooks is a work in progress, There has been plenty of times he has gone missing and/or been unable to organise the team / plays. He is a great runner and a capable defender but he is not at this stage an organiser. This is one of the key things that the WT miss. If we make an extension offer to Brooks and he re-signs, who is to be our organiser? Reynolds????

Im not against extending Brooks, I'm just concerned we are missing this key element in the teams dynamics and what is the plan to fix it.
No knee jerk reaction needed on this one ...as above look at the middle of next season to extend his contract ,if he can get massives elsewhere all good for him, the team needs someone that can create in the red zone a bit over waiting for Brooks to step up!

TheDaBoss

Post by TheDaBoss » Tue 25 Sep, 2018 4:54 pm

prattenparkchild wrote:

what is the perfect person in your opinion that could be the 'missing element' we need

prattenparkchild

Post by prattenparkchild » Tue 25 Sep, 2018 5:01 pm

TheDaBoss wrote:
Tue 25 Sep, 2018 4:54 pm
what is the perfect person in your opinion that could be the 'missing element' we need
Buggered if I know. But, if we are to accept Brooks as he is, and we are playing Reynolds at 5/8 I would assume that would have to make Reynolds the organiser. Is that the plan? I dont know. All I am saying is that plenty of people have commented that Brooks is not, at this stage, an organiser. We seem to be lacking someone in the halves that organises the plays, plots and plans ahead etc- cant tell if Reynolds is it because he has hardy been on the field for us.

Snake

Post by Snake » Tue 25 Sep, 2018 5:06 pm

The dynamics of the team has to change ...if us supporters want to finally make a finals series this has to happen ,no use rolling out the same personnel ever season as it ain’t working .

Needaname

Post by Needaname » Tue 25 Sep, 2018 5:07 pm

Masterton wrote:
Tue 18 Sep, 2018 8:54 pm
Think we should have extended Brooks earlier. Now he knows we have no other real option and can ask for more.
Yep, I agree!

Russell

Post by Russell » Tue 25 Sep, 2018 5:10 pm

Snake wrote:
Tue 25 Sep, 2018 4:53 pm
prattenparkchild wrote:

No knee jerk reaction needed on this one ...as above look at the middle of next season to extend his contract ,if he can get massives elsewhere all good for him, the team needs someone that can create in the red zone a bit over waiting for Brooks to step up!
Good luck Snake finding a better replacement.