Luke Brooks

Needaname

Re: Luke Brooks

Post by Needaname » Tue 25 Sep, 2018 5:12 pm

Snake wrote:
Tue 25 Sep, 2018 5:06 pm
The dynamics of the team has to change ...if us supporters want to finally make a finals series this has to happen ,no use rolling out the same personnel ever season as it ain’t working .
If that’s the case why didn’t we trot out Marshall and Reynolds as our first choice halves.
We will look stupid if the Dally M halfback of the year isn’t resigned by his current club. Other clubs won’t hesitate.
We’ll be desperately trying to keep him and his manager will love every minute of it.

bathursttiger

Post by bathursttiger » Tue 25 Sep, 2018 5:32 pm

Snake wrote:
Tue 25 Sep, 2018 4:53 pm
prattenparkchild wrote:
Tue 25 Sep, 2018 4:45 pm
I dont think we should rush re-signing. I still think Brooks is a work in progress, There has been plenty of times he has gone missing and/or been unable to organise the team / plays. He is a great runner and a capable defender but he is not at this stage an organiser. This is one of the key things that the WT miss. If we make an extension offer to Brooks and he re-signs, who is to be our organiser? Reynolds????

Im not against extending Brooks, I'm just concerned we are missing this key element in the teams dynamics and what is the plan to fix it.
No knee jerk reaction needed on this one ...as above look at the middle of next season to extend his contract ,if he can get massives elsewhere all good for him, the team needs someone that can create in the red zone a bit over waiting for Brooks to step up!
Just go out the back to the Half back tree and pluck another JT or Cronk off it.
:brick: :brick: :brick: :brick:

NT Tiger

Post by NT Tiger » Tue 25 Sep, 2018 5:38 pm

prattenparkchild wrote:
Tue 25 Sep, 2018 4:45 pm
I dont think we should rush re-signing. I still think Brooks is a work in progress, There has been plenty of times he has gone missing and/or been unable to organise the team / plays. He is a great runner and a capable defender but he is not at this stage an organiser. This is one of the key things that the WT miss. If we make an extension offer to Brooks and he re-signs, who is to be our organiser? Reynolds????

Im not against extending Brooks, I'm just concerned we are missing this key element in the teams dynamics and what is the plan to fix it.
I would extend him because I think he is a dangerous half. Like many I'm not convinced about his organising abilities. But that said, I'd love to see him behind a really dominant pack. If he had time to think, I think we might see more to his game.
I also question Robbie at dummy half. Numerous people on the forum, commented through the season about Robbie overruling Brooks' call and going with Marshall or going himself. That is a double edged sword with a seasoned head perhaps seeing something the junior does not, but it takes away from Brooks control and so undermines the perception of Brooks organising abilities.
"Quality Stupidity"

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by formerguest » Tue 25 Sep, 2018 5:43 pm

If not the best performed half this season, Luke was equal to any other over the twenty five rounds, yet still not enough for some people. Wanting more is one thing, expecting it is another altogether and putting the guy down based on 2018 is ridiculous.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Tue 25 Sep, 2018 6:01 pm

Yes most of our players are so dumb even being professional rugby league players most of their lives need organising...
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am
OK I was wrong
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 22 Nov, 2018 12:13 am
I know at times I'm not always the brightest light in the kitchen

Needaname

Post by Needaname » Tue 25 Sep, 2018 6:07 pm

I get what people are saying.
For me, before this season I haven’t had concerns about Brook’s ability or application. It was his attitude or more so aptitude because of it.
Brooks is not a trouble maker or any of those sorts so it wasn’t that part of his attitude I was questioning, it was more his attitude towards Rubgy League in general. Gus put it pretty Frank commentating on one of our games versus the Titans last year towards the end of the season. That someone has to sit down with Brooks and ask him is this what you really want, because it’s because of his demeanour on the field (think polar opposite to Moses) that you really don’t know or see the answer to that.
This year however, I think he answered that question. He was constantly involved and people questioning his game management skills well, when we need to force a game to golden point agansit the broncos he stepped up. When we needed to close out the game against the Knights he stepped up. When we needed a last ditch effort against Melbourne he stepped up. The fact we won more close games then we lost shows this.

Tigerdon

Post by Tigerdon » Tue 25 Sep, 2018 6:11 pm

Which team as a better/better value half back than the WTs?
in Ivan we distrust

TheDaBoss

Post by TheDaBoss » Tue 25 Sep, 2018 6:12 pm

prattenparkchild wrote:
Tue 25 Sep, 2018 5:01 pm
TheDaBoss wrote:
Tue 25 Sep, 2018 4:54 pm
what is the perfect person in your opinion that could be the 'missing element' we need
Buggered if I know. But, if we are to accept Brooks as he is, and we are playing Reynolds at 5/8 I would assume that would have to make Reynolds the organiser. Is that the plan? I dont know. All I am saying is that plenty of people have commented that Brooks is not, at this stage, an organiser. We seem to be lacking someone in the halves that organises the plays, plots and plans ahead etc- cant tell if Reynolds is it because he has hardy been on the field for us.
"I will play every game 2019"- Josh Reynolds
:sign: + :deadhorse: = Ivan in a nutshell

yeti

Post by yeti » Tue 25 Sep, 2018 6:12 pm

I would be very surprised if negotiations aren't well underway.
The management won't let Brooksy slip through their fingers.

bathursttiger

Post by bathursttiger » Tue 25 Sep, 2018 6:14 pm

Tigerdon wrote:
Tue 25 Sep, 2018 6:11 pm
Which team as a better/better value half back than the WTs?
Ah um let me think, I know.
No team as I'm concerned.

Pawsandclaws

Post by Pawsandclaws » Tue 25 Sep, 2018 6:27 pm

formerguest wrote:
Tue 25 Sep, 2018 5:43 pm
If not the best performed half this season, Luke was equal to any other over the twenty five rounds, yet still not enough for some people. Wanting more is one thing, expecting it is another altogether and putting the guy down based on 2018 is ridiculous.
You've described my feelings on Luke this year. Only if all players performed to his standard we would be in the 8. He deserves a healthy increase and extension because he backed himself and didn't high tail it out of town like the other three.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Tue 25 Sep, 2018 7:11 pm

Just get it done before someone else does

Red88 Tiger

Post by Red88 Tiger » Tue 25 Sep, 2018 8:24 pm

I assume it's on the table but we just don't know about it.
Many people were calling for masters to be extended and later for garner to be upgraded and people were sounding impatient on here then it was announced without any whispers sneaking out if I remember correctly.

momo&medo

Post by momo&medo » Tue 25 Sep, 2018 8:32 pm

As soon as this never ending coaching saga is done.

Post by 851 » Tue 25 Sep, 2018 8:37 pm

momo&medo wrote:
Tue 25 Sep, 2018 8:32 pm
You maybe right, Brooks might be waiting on a decision on the coach
Go hard or go home

magpiecol

Post by magpiecol » Wed 26 Sep, 2018 10:17 am

All clubs need a couple of good halves. There may be a very good one available at Penrith about now.

WT2K

Post by WT2K » Wed 26 Sep, 2018 10:26 am

851 wrote:
Tue 25 Sep, 2018 8:37 pm
momo&medo wrote:
Thought has crossed my mind. Who knows he could be over all the stuff that's happened here and jump ship like the other 3 did. Hopefully that's not the case though.
No more plodders!
:sign:

Roar Power

Post by Roar Power » Wed 26 Sep, 2018 10:49 am

WT2K wrote:
Wed 26 Sep, 2018 10:26 am
851 wrote:
Tue 25 Sep, 2018 8:37 pm
momo&medo wrote:
Thought has crossed my mind. Who knows he could be over all the stuff that's happened here and jump ship like the other 3 did. Hopefully that's not the case though.
To me, Brooks seems like a guy who seeks comfort in familiar surroundings. I would be very surprised if he moved on. I may have missed something but when the mess last year with the 3 amigos leaving occurred, he signed on very quickly at a reduced rate (in my mind).

I would say he wants a healthy top up but he is a Tiger. Won't go.