Luke Brooks

User avatar
Tbone
Member
Member
Posts: 1093
Joined: Mon 04 Jul, 2011 5:07 pm

Re: Luke Brooks

Post by Tbone » Tue 06 Nov, 2018 5:58 pm

Several clubs don’t start their pre-season training until the last week of Nov. A few others start around mid-Nov like us. Warriors have started but they have a stack of players in the UK.

I’d much rather start a week later than some clubs with Maguire than on 1 Nov with Barret or JT begind the clipboard.


Tigerdon
Member
Member
Posts: 4140
Joined: Mon 07 Apr, 2014 11:07 am
Location: Manly

Post by Tigerdon » Tue 06 Nov, 2018 6:14 pm

If Brooks goes does go. Does anyone actually think we will end up with someone better?
I say we are about an 80% chance of getting someone worse. 10% chance of getting someone equal to Brooks and a 10% chance of getting someone better.
in Ivan we distrust

User avatar
mike
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 1751
Joined: Mon 28 Jun, 2010 8:32 pm
Location: Hornsby

Post by mike » Tue 06 Nov, 2018 6:23 pm

TheDaBoss wrote:
Tue 06 Nov, 2018 5:40 pm
WT2K wrote:
Tue 06 Nov, 2018 5:33 pm
Madge definitely on the charm offensive with what he's been quoted as saying about brooks since becoming coach of the tigers.
he hasn't even met all of the team yet as well :roll

meanwhile other clubs r well into their pre season training, and we r well............. :?:
What, by six days? Too funny.
:roll
Western Suburbs supporter since 1960 | Balmain junior since 1967 | Wests Tigers supporter since 1999

User avatar
WT2K
Member
Member
Posts: 4224
Joined: Thu 04 May, 2017 5:18 pm

Post by WT2K » Tue 06 Nov, 2018 6:28 pm

Tigerdon wrote:
Tue 06 Nov, 2018 6:14 pm
If Brooks goes does go. Does anyone actually think we will end up with someone better?
I say we are about an 80% chance of getting someone worse. 10% chance of getting someone equal to Brooks and a 10% chance of getting someone better.
Not sure how accurate but here's the list of halves off contract at the same time as Brooks.

Lachlan Croker, Brock Lamb, Benji Marshall, Te Maire Martin, Corey Norman,
Fa'amanu Brown, Cooper Cronk, Troy Dargan, Tyson Gamble, Ata Hingano, Trent Hodkinson, Ryley Jacks, Shaun Johnson, Luke Metcalf, Mitchell Moses, Darren Nicholls, Connor Tracey, Billy Walters, Sam Williams
No more plodders!
:sign:

User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 22833
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm

Post by GNR4LIFE » Tue 06 Nov, 2018 6:40 pm

I’d like to see us go for TMM if Brooks were to go.


Tigerdon
Member
Member
Posts: 4140
Joined: Mon 07 Apr, 2014 11:07 am
Location: Manly

Post by Tigerdon » Tue 06 Nov, 2018 6:49 pm

WT2K wrote:
Tue 06 Nov, 2018 6:28 pm
Tigerdon wrote:
Tue 06 Nov, 2018 6:14 pm
If Brooks goes does go. Does anyone actually think we will end up with someone better?
I say we are about an 80% chance of getting someone worse. 10% chance of getting someone equal to Brooks and a 10% chance of getting someone better.
Not sure how accurate but here's the list of halves off contract at the same time as Brooks.

Lachlan Croker, Brock Lamb, Benji Marshall, Te Maire Martin, Corey Norman,
Fa'amanu Brown, Cooper Cronk, Troy Dargan, Tyson Gamble, Ata Hingano, Trent Hodkinson, Ryley Jacks, Shaun Johnson, Luke Metcalf, Mitchell Moses, Darren Nicholls, Connor Tracey, Billy Walters, Sam Williams
Who out of that list do you think we’ll end up with if Brooks left?
We already from that list here. Plus another two on that list were here than left.
I reckon we would end up with Hodkinson
in Ivan we distrust

TonyTiger
Member
Member
Posts: 391
Joined: Mon 04 Dec, 2017 12:41 pm

Post by TonyTiger » Tue 06 Nov, 2018 7:51 pm

Tigerdon wrote:
Tue 06 Nov, 2018 6:14 pm
If Brooks goes does go. Does anyone actually think we will end up with someone better?
I say we are about an 80% chance of getting someone worse. 10% chance of getting someone equal to Brooks and a 10% chance of getting someone better.
I’d like to see Brooks stay but if he’s chasing a mouth guard with his name on it then he has a decent set of choppers so he could get his full name emblazoned ... I’m sure Madge has already made his move to secure Brooks, he may be secured already, pending the announcement - if not then I’m sure he has something in the pipeline ... I’ve been critical of Shaun Johnson but on reflection he may blossom in a new environment..we have plenty of his former teammates here already to make him feel at home.
I do think Brooks is in his comfort zone here and I don’t see him embracing change elsewhere ... in any case we now have a coach that accepts full responsibility for his decisions & actions so I’m more than comfortable for Maguire to make whatever move he deems appropriate.

Pawsandclaws
Member
Member
Posts: 3263
Joined: Sat 20 Jun, 2015 5:53 pm

Post by Pawsandclaws » Tue 06 Nov, 2018 7:53 pm

I'd like to see us go for Luai so IC can't pair him with NC.

Tigerdon
Member
Member
Posts: 4140
Joined: Mon 07 Apr, 2014 11:07 am
Location: Manly

Post by Tigerdon » Tue 06 Nov, 2018 7:59 pm

TonyTiger wrote:
Tue 06 Nov, 2018 7:51 pm
Tigerdon wrote:
Tue 06 Nov, 2018 6:14 pm
If Brooks goes does go. Does anyone actually think we will end up with someone better?
I say we are about an 80% chance of getting someone worse. 10% chance of getting someone equal to Brooks and a 10% chance of getting someone better.
I’d like to see Brooks stay but if he’s chasing a mouth guard with his name on it then he has a decent set of choppers so he could get his full name emblazoned ... I’m sure Madge has already made his move to secure Brooks, he may be secured already, pending the announcement - if not then I’m sure he has something in the pipeline ... I’ve been critical of Shaun Johnson but on reflection he may blossom in a new environment..we have plenty of his former teammates here already to make him feel at home.
I do think Brooks is in his comfort zone here and I don’t see him embracing change elsewhere ... in any case we now have a coach that accepts full responsibility for his decisions & actions so I’m more than comfortable for Maguire to make whatever move he deems appropriate.
I thought he handled change well from Taylor to Cleary. He seemed to embrace the extra strength and conditioning Cleary brought in. He looked fitter this year than I've ever seen him.
I'm looking forward to see how he goes under Madge.
in Ivan we distrust

User avatar
WT2K
Member
Member
Posts: 4224
Joined: Thu 04 May, 2017 5:18 pm

Post by WT2K » Tue 06 Nov, 2018 8:02 pm

Tigerdon wrote:
Tue 06 Nov, 2018 6:49 pm
WT2K wrote:
Tue 06 Nov, 2018 6:28 pm
Tigerdon wrote:
Tue 06 Nov, 2018 6:14 pm
If Brooks goes does go. Does anyone actually think we will end up with someone better?
I say we are about an 80% chance of getting someone worse. 10% chance of getting someone equal to Brooks and a 10% chance of getting someone better.
Not sure how accurate but here's the list of halves off contract at the same time as Brooks.

Lachlan Croker, Brock Lamb, Benji Marshall, Te Maire Martin, Corey Norman,
Fa'amanu Brown, Cooper Cronk, Troy Dargan, Tyson Gamble, Ata Hingano, Trent Hodkinson, Ryley Jacks, Shaun Johnson, Luke Metcalf, Mitchell Moses, Darren Nicholls, Connor Tracey, Billy Walters, Sam Williams
Who out of that list do you think we’ll end up with if Brooks left?
We already from that list here. Plus another two on that list were here than left.
I reckon we would end up with Hodkinson
The list here doesn't fill me with much confidence.. Why I'm hoping the club and Luke agree to terms for a new deal.
No more plodders!
:sign:

Tigerdon
Member
Member
Posts: 4140
Joined: Mon 07 Apr, 2014 11:07 am
Location: Manly

Post by Tigerdon » Tue 06 Nov, 2018 8:13 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Tue 06 Nov, 2018 6:40 pm
I’d like to see us go for TMM if Brooks were to go.
If we are looking at the inconsistencies of Brooks ....Times that by two with TMM. He can be good , then pretty bad. Still on the list TMM is one of the better ones.
in Ivan we distrust

User avatar
Tiger Steve
Member
Member
Posts: 2109
Joined: Wed 29 Mar, 2017 5:30 pm
Location: Chatswood West

Post by Tiger Steve » Tue 06 Nov, 2018 8:45 pm

Tigerdon wrote:
Tue 06 Nov, 2018 6:49 pm
WT2K wrote:
Tue 06 Nov, 2018 6:28 pm
Tigerdon wrote:
Tue 06 Nov, 2018 6:14 pm
If Brooks goes does go. Does anyone actually think we will end up with someone better?
I say we are about an 80% chance of getting someone worse. 10% chance of getting someone equal to Brooks and a 10% chance of getting someone better.
Not sure how accurate but here's the list of halves off contract at the same time as Brooks.

Lachlan Croker, Brock Lamb, Benji Marshall, Te Maire Martin, Corey Norman,
Fa'amanu Brown, Cooper Cronk, Troy Dargan, Tyson Gamble, Ata Hingano, Trent Hodkinson, Ryley Jacks, Shaun Johnson, Luke Metcalf, Mitchell Moses, Darren Nicholls, Connor Tracey, Billy Walters, Sam Williams
Who out of that list do you think we’ll end up with if Brooks left?
We already from that list here. Plus another two on that list were here than left.
I reckon we would end up with Hodkinson
That’s funny. When I first read that list I mumbled the same thing to myself!!😉
“Peanuts! Get ya peanuts - in the shell or sugar coated!” Leichhardt memories.

Nelson
Member
Member
Posts: 3494
Joined: Sat 31 Oct, 2015 11:17 am

Post by Nelson » Tue 06 Nov, 2018 8:45 pm

Tigerdon wrote:
Tue 06 Nov, 2018 8:13 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Tue 06 Nov, 2018 6:40 pm
I’d like to see us go for TMM if Brooks were to go.
If we are looking at the inconsistencies of Brooks ....Times that by two with TMM. He can be good , then pretty bad. Still on the list TMM is one of the better ones.
1 try and 1 line break assist in 23 games this season playing across 5/8 and fullback. He’d be disastrous as a first choice half for us...

User avatar
Tiger Steve
Member
Member
Posts: 2109
Joined: Wed 29 Mar, 2017 5:30 pm
Location: Chatswood West

Post by Tiger Steve » Tue 06 Nov, 2018 8:47 pm

I’m hanging onto the post by The Pom. He’s re-signed already!
“Peanuts! Get ya peanuts - in the shell or sugar coated!” Leichhardt memories.

User avatar
TSupps05
Member
Member
Posts: 238
Joined: Fri 17 Jun, 2016 9:29 pm

Post by TSupps05 » Tue 06 Nov, 2018 9:05 pm

Tiger Steve wrote:
Tue 06 Nov, 2018 8:47 pm
I’m hanging onto the post by The Pom. He’s re-signed already!
x2
I don't know why but Braith Anasta pisses me off :mrgreen:

supercoach
Member
Member
Posts: 7205
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 2:38 pm

Post by supercoach » Tue 06 Nov, 2018 9:39 pm

I thought the Chooks had two gun halves in waiting, Adrian Lams son and O Sullivan’s son (the crook recruitment man).

Than again why would the Chooks consider one of there own kids when they can poach from outside

Nelson
Member
Member
Posts: 3494
Joined: Sat 31 Oct, 2015 11:17 am

Post by Nelson » Tue 06 Nov, 2018 9:42 pm

supercoach wrote:
Tue 06 Nov, 2018 9:39 pm
I thought the Chooks had two gun halves in waiting, Adrian Lams son and O Sullivan’s son (the crook recruitment man).

Than again why would the Chooks consider one of there own kids when they can poach from outside
Sean O’Sullivan has signed with the Broncos.

tigerap
Member
Member
Posts: 2396
Joined: Tue 06 Oct, 2015 10:08 pm

Post by tigerap » Tue 06 Nov, 2018 11:37 pm

TSupps05 wrote:
Tue 06 Nov, 2018 9:05 pm
Tiger Steve wrote:
Tue 06 Nov, 2018 8:47 pm
I’m hanging onto the post by The Pom. He’s re-signed already!
x2
Folks, this is how the Luke Brooks situation is playing out....it’s all about media, sponsor and fan management...the club looking to maximise its impact..


1) Brooks has signed with the WT for 3 years....the club are holding back announcing it.

2) the seed has already been planted that Madge considers Brooks a marquee player......

3) whilst Madge is on NZ duty there will be no major announcements re players.

4) Madge joins the club on the 15th as Head Coach....soon after the “held onto” announcements are made....

- Brooks signs on for 3 years, announced as our Marquee signing..
- we have filled spots 29 and possibly 30....

5) Madge gets the credit for these signings, sold as a big win for our new Coach

6) fans, sponsors, supporters are happy with our new Head Coach and his immediate impact....

Wait and see.....

Post Reply