Luke Brooks

Tigerdon

Re: Luke Brooks

Post by Tigerdon » Fri 07 Sep, 2018 7:56 am

There will always be a vocal minority on here that just will alway put crap on him no matter what he does.
in Ivan we distrust

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Fri 07 Sep, 2018 9:55 am

He has a record number tries scored for his posi in WT.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

tsjonathan

Post by tsjonathan » Fri 07 Sep, 2018 10:02 am

Can someone tell me why Brooksy is $1.45 favourite to win halfback of the year?

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Fri 07 Sep, 2018 10:13 am

tsjonathan wrote:
Fri 07 Sep, 2018 10:02 am
He's been in the leading group for Dally M player of the year all year and it's hardly been a vintage year for halfbacks.

diedpretty

Post by diedpretty » Fri 07 Sep, 2018 10:47 am

Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Thu 06 Sep, 2018 6:51 am
clontarfkid wrote:
Wed 05 Sep, 2018 5:17 pm
If Brooks won Dally M this year it wld totally diminish the credibility of the award forever!
Hes barely 1st grade standard 3 weeks out of 4,and in the past month or two he been reducing that average!!
That statement about foolishness is doing the same experiment over and over again and expecting a different result comes to mind - that game when Luke kicked about 5 consecutive grubbers in the same position to the same line up all getting the same failure.

But seeing that someone brought up stats for Luke lets go a bit more into it.

Luke scored the most points in a year when Farah was playing with the team - Luke's lowest was 2017 17 points when His Royal Highness was nowhere near the place so presumably he was getting balls coming out of his ears. His highest points for a season was when Robbie last played a full year in 2015 for 40 points. When Robbie was in trouble with JT for stifling the attack of the halves. Play that again Sam.

The big question is can Luke match Robbie's record for most tries in league history for his position - I hope so coz it is better for WT as well.

Luke's tackling efficiency is 73% and Robbie's is 94%. I don't think JT was a good influence in the tackling dept.
download (1).jpg
download (1).jpg (9.3 KiB) Viewed 545 times

Post by 851 » Fri 07 Sep, 2018 11:30 am

Yossarian wrote:
Fri 07 Sep, 2018 10:13 am
tsjonathan wrote:
Fri 07 Sep, 2018 10:02 am
He's been in the leading group for Dally M player of the year all year and it's hardly been a vintage year for halfbacks.
True Yoss, all the usual suspects have been down on form, Thurston, Cronk, Johnson, Cherry Evans, Reynolds, Taylor, Pearce was going great but missed about 10 weeks with injury so he is out, Hunt crashed and burned after origin 1 and Cleary has been relatively quiet since origin also.
Seizer, Marshall-King, Nikorima, and Moses are not going to win, Townsend has been ok, the storm have used 3 halfbacks, there is no one else standing.
Go hard or go home

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Tue 11 Sep, 2018 2:39 pm

Lol so Brooks is making all these teams of the year cause everyone else fell over....

Luke Bradbury ..
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am

OK I was wrong

Post by 851 » Tue 11 Sep, 2018 3:01 pm

Geo. wrote:
Tue 11 Sep, 2018 2:39 pm
Lol so Brooks is making all these teams of the year cause everyone else fell over....

Luke Bradbury ..
Spin it how you like, but tell me where I am wrong about the other halfbacks
Go hard or go home

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Tue 11 Sep, 2018 3:07 pm

Cory Oates made it ,and admittedly he he can run,
But he’s good for dropped balls and mistakes in every game that he plays , that’s why so many teams kick to him in most games
So if he can make it , anyone can.
And Valentine Holmes on the bench?? What drugs were the Twits on at Twitter when this Poll was taken.

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Tue 11 Sep, 2018 3:14 pm

Poor bastard can't win, even when he does.
Madge's Maulers.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

Tigerdon

Post by Tigerdon » Tue 11 Sep, 2018 3:57 pm

851 wrote:
Tue 11 Sep, 2018 3:01 pm
Geo. wrote:

Luke Bradbury ..

Other people just see it different to you.
From NRL.com 2018 Brooks was named in NRL.com Team of the Year.
Voted by teammates as NRL Players' Player of the Year — Luke Brooks
NRL Player of the Year (Kelly-Barnes Award) — Luke Brooks

You have put crap on him all year. Even at the end of the regular season you are still trying to find ways to cheapen any achievement he has made, someway or other you will put a stain on it.
in Ivan we distrust

Post by 851 » Tue 11 Sep, 2018 4:03 pm

Tigerdon wrote:
Tue 11 Sep, 2018 3:57 pm
851 wrote:
Geo. wrote:

Luke Bradbury ..

You have put crap on him all year. Even at the end of the regular season you are still trying to find ways to cheapen any achievement he has made, someway or other you will put a stain on it.
That is a load of crap, I have praised Brooks when he has done well, and I have not put crap on him all year as you say, I have said, and I stand by it, Brooks has no or very little game management skills, and tell me another halfback who played well this year, there is no one.
Go hard or go home

Tiger Steve

Post by Tiger Steve » Tue 11 Sep, 2018 4:04 pm

R E - S I G N. H I M Q U I C K L Y
“Peanuts! Get ya peanuts - in the shell or sugar coated!” Leichhardt memories.

Harvey

Post by Harvey » Tue 11 Sep, 2018 4:17 pm

851 wrote:
Tue 11 Sep, 2018 4:03 pm
Tigerdon wrote:
851 wrote:
Geo. wrote:

Luke Bradbury ..

That is a load of crap, I have praised Brooks when he has done well, and I have not put crap on him all year as you say, I have said, and I stand by it, Brooks has no or very little game management skills, and tell me another halfback who played well this year, there is no one.
Come on, own your opinions. Every time there is an opportunity to hammer Brooks there’s you, snake and cqtiger (or ck).

Any praise is begrudging and along the lines of good today, but as I have pointed out for the last 4 years generally crap.

Who would you suggest we sign on a similar contract, and what do you think other clubs would pay for Brooks

Post by 851 » Tue 11 Sep, 2018 4:27 pm

Harvey wrote:
Tue 11 Sep, 2018 4:17 pm
851 wrote:
Tigerdon wrote:
851 wrote:

Come on, own your opinions. Every time there is an opportunity to hammer Brooks there’s you, snake and cqtiger (or ck).

Any praise is begrudging and along the lines of good today, but as I have pointed out for the last 4 years generally crap.

Who would you suggest we sign on a similar contract, and what do you think other clubs would pay for Brooks
I do own my opinion, I would have let Brooks go 2 years ago, he didn't progress, he has no game management skill, we have payed a stack of money for bugger all return in the last 5 years, but I have said many times now we have invested to heavily and now have to keep him. We either hope Grub is a game manager or we buy one, have said quite a few times.
Also stand by my opinion no other halfback has played well this year for any great length of time, be it form or injury, so therefore other halfbacks wouldn't have polled to well.
I have bagged Benji, Sue, Aloiai quite regularly too, because I am a supporter who wants a team to support that tries and does not do dumb things, and can get us to the finals, so when I see it I call it, I have never shied away from my comments.
Go hard or go home

Pawsandclaws

Post by Pawsandclaws » Tue 11 Sep, 2018 4:31 pm

If we can get some of our other players playing to the same level of consistency as Brooks we should be in for a good 2019

Tiger Steve

Post by Tiger Steve » Tue 11 Sep, 2018 5:03 pm

Harvey wrote:
Tue 11 Sep, 2018 4:17 pm
851 wrote:
Tigerdon wrote:
851 wrote:

What would other clubs pay for Brooks?

We’ll find out November 1 if we don’t pull our fingers out
“Peanuts! Get ya peanuts - in the shell or sugar coated!” Leichhardt memories.

magpiecol

Post by magpiecol » Tue 11 Sep, 2018 5:23 pm

He is certainly a first grade half, however, he has no idea how to manage a team around the park. He certainly has no idea how to close out a game.