Luke Brooks

hammertime

Re: Luke Brooks

Post by hammertime » Thu 27 Sep, 2018 9:56 am

Rothfield tweeting now that brooks didn't deserve the award amongst a couple of others. What a douchebag

Can't the guy let these players enjoy the moment for a second. What kind of self centred person does that.

bathursttiger

Post by bathursttiger » Thu 27 Sep, 2018 9:57 am

Congratulations Luke please re-sign ASAP.

larrycorowa

Post by larrycorowa » Thu 27 Sep, 2018 10:02 am

hammertime wrote:
Thu 27 Sep, 2018 9:56 am
Rothfield tweeting now that brooks didn't deserve the award amongst a couple of others. What a douchebag

Can't the guy let these players enjoy the moment for a second. What kind of self centred person does that.
He is a first class gibberer....he nearly won the medal but not good enough for halfback of the year?

TheDaBoss

Post by TheDaBoss » Thu 27 Sep, 2018 10:07 am

good on him for getting the dally m halfback
:sign: + :deadhorse: = Ivan in a nutshell

mike
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by mike » Thu 27 Sep, 2018 10:20 am

That just put his price up a notch. Good luck to him. I do hope he re-signs.
Western Suburbs supporter since 1960 | Balmain junior since 1967 | Wests Tigers supporter since 1999

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Thu 27 Sep, 2018 10:31 am

Funny old season this one, I wouldn't say the top pollers in the Dally Ms were expected by anyone, especially how few of those players actually played into (or far into) the finals.

Good on Brooks for his consistency, which is what you want from a club halfback. Next year he has to keep that consistency and improve his performances in the tighest and highest-profile matches.

Brooks didn't poll a point in the last 3 rounds, when RTS got 3 in Rd 25 and Ponga was out Rd 26. Brooks could have even taken the top prize with some better results in the final few rounds, i.e. when Tigers season was truly on the line.

Russell

Post by Russell » Thu 27 Sep, 2018 10:36 am

hammertime wrote:

Rothfilth doesn't deserve to be called a journalist either....

Doesn't deserve anything but to be called a parasite.

MagpieFan

Post by MagpieFan » Thu 27 Sep, 2018 10:55 am

Rothfield on NRL360 last night:
Coach of the Year: Buzz picked Trent Robinson - Siebold won
Captain of the Year: Buzz picked RTS - Cam Smith won
Rookie of the Year: Buzz picked Jesse Ramien - Isaako won
Female Player: Buzz picked Isabelle Kelly - Brittany Breayley won
Buzz picked none from four picks so dont pay attention to that muppet.

Brooks was the best halfback in 2018, but it was a weak season for halfbacks in general (Id say only Brooks and Townsend are the only two halfbacks who had their best season of their career) and add a touch of luck with Pearce and Cleary being injured for big chunks of the year. The upside is there is still alot of improvement in Brooks game, looking forward to further improvement and consistency in 2019.

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by formerguest » Thu 27 Sep, 2018 11:02 am

jirskyr wrote:
Thu 27 Sep, 2018 10:31 am
Funny old season this one, I wouldn't say the top pollers in the Dally Ms were expected by anyone, especially how few of those players actually played into (or far into) the finals.

Good on Brooks for his consistency, which is what you want from a club halfback. Next year he has to keep that consistency and improve his performances in the tighest and highest-profile matches.

Brooks didn't poll a point in the last 3 rounds, when RTS got 3 in Rd 25 and Ponga was out Rd 26. Brooks could have even taken the top prize with some better results in the final few rounds, i.e. when Tigers season was truly on the line.
He was also playing at least the last five rounds after his coach had commenced discussions with a rival club to break his contract, which soon cast a shadow over the whole team. Possibly a big factor in not securing more votes in that critical period.

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by jadtiger » Thu 27 Sep, 2018 2:20 pm

formerguest wrote:
Thu 27 Sep, 2018 11:02 am
jirskyr wrote:

He was also playing at least the last five rounds after his coach had commenced discussions with a rival club to break his contract, which soon cast a shadow over the whole team. Possibly a big factor in not securing more votes in that critical period.
Opinion not fact

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by formerguest » Thu 27 Sep, 2018 2:44 pm

jadtiger wrote:
Thu 27 Sep, 2018 2:20 pm
formerguest wrote:
jirskyr wrote:

Opinion not fact
So was Ivan lying about having discussions (his words per statement) with Penrith, and/or, why would anyone from the club mention WT will not be releasing him?

The known fact is he has a contract with WT, so if you know of any other contract that Ivan may have other than the NRL coaching position, it would be great if you could let everyone know and then there will be another contract which he can be released from.

Newtown

Post by Newtown » Thu 27 Sep, 2018 2:55 pm

Russell wrote:
Thu 27 Sep, 2018 9:26 am
Newtown wrote:
Thu 27 Sep, 2018 9:14 am
HALFBACK OF THE YEAR: LUKE BROOKS

David Campbell

Four years after he claimed the rookie of the year award, Luke Brooks has claimed a second Dally M gong.

The Tigers halfback experienced the best season of his short career, fulfilling the prodigious potential that has lurked within him for so long.

His rise and improvement under Ivan Cleary played a big part in the joint venture’s revival.

Runners up: Mitchell Pearce, Ash Taylor, Daly Cherry-Evans, Cooper Cronk

Congratulations Luke. I am really glad that the Dally M judges are much better judges than some on this forum. What happened to Nathan Cleary? Hundreds of pages on this forum and he is not even a runner-up.
Glad Luke won - deserved it.

I think Cleary being out injured for 8+ weeks didn't help his points tally.

Put the boot in, but let's be fair and honest.
Luke Brooks was awarded 26 Dally M points whilst Nathan Cleary was awarded only 7 Dally M points (source Daily Telegraph). Given that Cleary was out injured for 9 weeks he would have had to score an average of 2 points in every one of those 9 weeks to pip Brooks by one point. I think that would have been somewhat unlikely.

TigerSJ

Post by TigerSJ » Thu 27 Sep, 2018 3:13 pm

Can't believe there are fans on here posting negative comments about Brooks - what more do you want? The guy played behind a very average pack in a team with few match winners, he was close to winning Dally M player and won the Dally M half. He delivered some pretty high stats in all areas of his game and improved out of sight this season in key areas such as his short kicking game and defence. Compared to other quality halves he is being paid below average.. Really? Apart from winning every game single handedly what else can you expect from the guy??
I say congratulate him profusely and sign him up to another 3 years with an upgrade for next season!

bathursttiger

Post by bathursttiger » Thu 27 Sep, 2018 4:04 pm

Russell wrote:
Thu 27 Sep, 2018 10:36 am
hammertime wrote:

Rothfilth doesn't deserve to be called a journalist either....

Doesn't deserve anything but to be called a parasite.
He's not a Journalist never went to Uni or studied, just a commentator and a grub to boot.

Russell

Post by Russell » Thu 27 Sep, 2018 4:53 pm

Newtown wrote:
Thu 27 Sep, 2018 2:55 pm
Russell wrote:
Newtown wrote:

David Campbell

Four years after he claimed the rookie of the year award, Luke Brooks has claimed a second Dally M gong.

The Tigers halfback experienced the best season of his short career, fulfilling the prodigious potential that has lurked within him for so long.

His rise and improvement under Ivan Cleary played a big part in the joint venture’s revival.

Congratulations Luke. I am really glad that the Dally M judges are much better judges than some on this forum. What happened to Nathan Cleary? Hundreds of pages on this forum and he is not even a runner-up.

Luke Brooks was awarded 26 Dally M points whilst Nathan Cleary was awarded only 7 Dally M points (source Daily Telegraph). Given that Cleary was out injured for 9 weeks he would have had to score an average of 2 points in every one of those 9 weeks to pip Brooks by one point. I think that would have been somewhat unlikely.
I think it would be unlikely as well - but 8 weeks out doesn't even give him a chance.

Not saying he would have been given any points in those games - maybe he might have been given 3 in each of them.

Who knows, but you can't rip into him without a level playing field. That's all I'm saying.

Tcat

Post by Tcat » Thu 27 Sep, 2018 5:04 pm

TigerSJ wrote:
Thu 27 Sep, 2018 3:13 pm
Can't believe there are fans on here posting negative comments about Brooks - what more do you want? The guy played behind a very average pack in a team with few match winners, he was close to winning Dally M player and won the Dally M half. He delivered some pretty high stats in all areas of his game and improved out of sight this season in key areas such as his short kicking game and defence. Compared to other quality halves he is being paid below average.. Really? Apart from winning every game single handedly what else can you expect from the guy??
I say congratulate him profusely and sign him up to another 3 years with an upgrade for next season!
Good on you Luke. I think he definitely cops more then he deserves. Hopefully this award will lift his confidence to another level to help steer the Tigers to the semis on 2019. At least that scumbag Mitchell Moses was no where to be seen.

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Thu 27 Sep, 2018 5:08 pm

formerguest wrote:
Thu 27 Sep, 2018 2:44 pm
jadtiger wrote:
Thu 27 Sep, 2018 2:20 pm
formerguest wrote:
jirskyr wrote:

Opinion not fact
So was Ivan lying about having discussions (his words per statement) with Penrith, and/or, why would anyone from the club mention WT will not be releasing him?

The known fact is he has a contract with WT, so if you know of any other contract that Ivan may have other than the NRL coaching position, it would be great if you could let everyone know and then there will be another contract which he can be released from.
I personally find it irrelevant, whether or not Cleary was or was not negotiating with another club.

I commend Brooks for his performances this year, really happy for him. He needs to get better again if he has any ambition of being a true Tigers (or NRL) star. That includes playing well despite off-field noise. There's no excuse, there's just the fact that he didn't poll points when we know those were clutch games for the team. Halfbacks really should be polling in those games.

Post by 851 » Thu 27 Sep, 2018 5:21 pm

Newtown wrote:
Thu 27 Sep, 2018 2:55 pm
Russell wrote:
Newtown wrote:

David Campbell

He missed games due to origin as well, but kudos to Brooks, you can only play whats in front of you
Go hard or go home