Cowboys interested in Mcqueen

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 3971
Joined: Fri 07 Jun, 2013 7:33 pm

Re: Cowboys interested in Mcqueen

Post by formerguest » Wed 22 Aug, 2018 8:09 am

The Patriot wrote: ↑
Wed 22 Aug, 2018 7:37 am
So if McQueen is wanted by the Cowbos, they must think they will get a better player than the one we have seen this year. Does that suggest that he has been dogging it and has more in him that what he has shown?
For their sake, one would hope so, as he has been very underwhelming at WT.


User avatar
momo&medo
Member
Member
Posts: 1276
Joined: Fri 20 May, 2016 9:48 am
Location: NSW central coast

Post by momo&medo » Wed 22 Aug, 2018 9:48 am

tigerap wrote: ↑
Tue 21 Aug, 2018 8:54 pm
Zero tackle named top 10worst signings for 2018. And we made 30% of the field.... Josh Reynolds, Tanne Milne, McQueen...no wonder IC is gun shy signing new players for 2019..his 2018 record is nothing to write home about....
I think that McQueen signing was Taylor carryover.

User avatar
Demps
Member
Member
Posts: 8122
Joined: Sat 29 Jan, 2011 2:31 pm
Location: Newcastle

Post by Demps » Wed 22 Aug, 2018 10:11 am

Lucky #3 πŸ˜‚

(top 10 worst signings of the year)
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

Spud Murphy
Member
Member
Posts: 2254
Joined: Sat 13 May, 2017 5:04 pm
Location: Third Heaven

Post by Spud Murphy » Wed 22 Aug, 2018 10:54 am

formerguest wrote: ↑
Wed 22 Aug, 2018 8:09 am
The Patriot wrote: ↑
Wed 22 Aug, 2018 7:37 am
So if McQueen is wanted by the Cowbos, they must think they will get a better player than the one we have seen this year. Does that suggest that he has been dogging it and has more in him that what he has shown?
For their sake, one would hope so, as he has been very underwhelming at WT.
I think McQueen will come good after another off season and obviously the Cowboys think so too. I certainly don't think he's been dogging it with us, it can take some time to regain confidence after such a serious injury, one that could've ended his career altogether.

I would be happy if he stayed on with us, but I guess it hasn't worked out the way he hoped it would in Sydney with the Tigers and being a Queenslander, I think he will be more at home playing with a Qld club, so I wish him all the best.

Unfortunate circumstances for both McQueen and the Tigers, as I think he would've been good for us fully fit, but we just have to roll with it and hope we can secure a good replacement for him and for all the other forwards who are leaving at the end of the year as well!

User avatar
innsaneink
Member
Member
Posts: 28921
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Post by innsaneink » Wed 22 Aug, 2018 11:46 am

Sco77y wrote: ↑
Tue 21 Aug, 2018 2:19 pm
What a letdown, typical us getting everyone else's rejects. Former SOO quality player to zero.. We need more class/quality.
I think we are the common denominator in these scenarios.... Hed be killing it at Melbourne


yeti
Member
Member
Posts: 1378
Joined: Tue 08 Nov, 2011 5:38 pm

Post by yeti » Wed 22 Aug, 2018 12:17 pm

The Patriot wrote: ↑
Wed 22 Aug, 2018 7:37 am
So if McQueen is wanted by the Cowbos, they must think they will get a better player than the one we have seen this year. Does that suggest that he has been dogging it and has more in him that what he has shown?
I don't think so. I just don't think he is that good of a player to be honest. That, along with a slow start to the season because of his injury, and he was always behind the 8 ball. However, the fact he couldn't break into our top 17 on a regular basis during the second half of the season, leads me to believe he just doesn't have it.

The Cows obviously think differently though.

Sco77y
Member
Member
Posts: 789
Joined: Fri 12 Jul, 2013 2:22 pm

Post by Sco77y » Wed 22 Aug, 2018 3:50 pm

innsaneink wrote: ↑
Wed 22 Aug, 2018 11:46 am
Sco77y wrote: ↑
Tue 21 Aug, 2018 2:19 pm
What a letdown, typical us getting everyone else's rejects. Former SOO quality player to zero.. We need more class/quality.
I think we are the common denominator in these scenarios.... Hed be killing it at Melbourne
Haha, yep that could also be true unfortunately.

RoxleyBird
Posts: 37
Joined: Wed 22 Aug, 2018 4:07 pm

Post by RoxleyBird » Wed 22 Aug, 2018 4:27 pm

its nearly as bad as dragons signing hunt
I BLEED BLACK AND ORANGE
TIGERS 'TIL I DIE

yeti
Member
Member
Posts: 1378
Joined: Tue 08 Nov, 2011 5:38 pm

Post by yeti » Wed 22 Aug, 2018 4:35 pm

Whether he would be better at Melbourne or Cowboys or wherever - he is not the type of player we need. We have a heap of them already. We badly need players with impact - such as Marty Tapau.

RoxleyBird
Posts: 37
Joined: Wed 22 Aug, 2018 4:07 pm

Post by RoxleyBird » Wed 22 Aug, 2018 4:36 pm

Yes, bring back marty 'kapow', out forward pack would be monstrous with Lawrence, Tapau, Aloiai, Chee-kam, etc.
I BLEED BLACK AND ORANGE
TIGERS 'TIL I DIE

RoxleyBird
Posts: 37
Joined: Wed 22 Aug, 2018 4:07 pm

Post by RoxleyBird » Wed 22 Aug, 2018 4:37 pm

BTW, i can't create a new post. can someone help?
I BLEED BLACK AND ORANGE
TIGERS 'TIL I DIE

User avatar
Demps
Member
Member
Posts: 8122
Joined: Sat 29 Jan, 2011 2:31 pm
Location: Newcastle

Post by Demps » Wed 22 Aug, 2018 4:42 pm

RoxleyBird wrote: ↑
Wed 22 Aug, 2018 4:37 pm
BTW, i can't create a new post. can someone help?
I think new users are blocked from starting new posts until they reach a certain count to eliminate spam. Might be after 24 hours or something.

Also if it's about Tapau, we already discussed it in length.... No concrete info.
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

RoxleyBird
Posts: 37
Joined: Wed 22 Aug, 2018 4:07 pm

Post by RoxleyBird » Wed 22 Aug, 2018 4:44 pm

Demps wrote: ↑
Wed 22 Aug, 2018 4:42 pm
RoxleyBird wrote: ↑
Wed 22 Aug, 2018 4:37 pm
BTW, i can't create a new post. can someone help?
I think new users are blocked from starting new posts until they reach a certain count to eliminate spam. Might be after 24 hours or something.

Also if it's about Tapau, we already discussed it in length.... No concrete info.
CHRZ, Thanks
I BLEED BLACK AND ORANGE
TIGERS 'TIL I DIE

User avatar
Demps
Member
Member
Posts: 8122
Joined: Sat 29 Jan, 2011 2:31 pm
Location: Newcastle

Post by Demps » Wed 22 Aug, 2018 4:46 pm

RoxleyBird wrote: ↑
Wed 22 Aug, 2018 4:44 pm
Demps wrote: ↑
Wed 22 Aug, 2018 4:42 pm
RoxleyBird wrote: ↑
Wed 22 Aug, 2018 4:37 pm
BTW, i can't create a new post. can someone help?
I think new users are blocked from starting new posts until they reach a certain count to eliminate spam. Might be after 24 hours or something.

Also if it's about Tapau, we already discussed it in length.... No concrete info.
CHRZ, Thanks
No worries.
Welcome to the board.

Always need some fresh personalities.
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

RoxleyBird
Posts: 37
Joined: Wed 22 Aug, 2018 4:07 pm

Post by RoxleyBird » Wed 22 Aug, 2018 5:12 pm

Demps wrote: ↑
Wed 22 Aug, 2018 4:46 pm
RoxleyBird wrote: ↑
Wed 22 Aug, 2018 4:44 pm
Demps wrote: ↑
Wed 22 Aug, 2018 4:42 pm
RoxleyBird wrote: ↑
Wed 22 Aug, 2018 4:37 pm
BTW, i can't create a new post. can someone help?
I think new users are blocked from starting new posts until they reach a certain count to eliminate spam. Might be after 24 hours or something.

Also if it's about Tapau, we already discussed it in length.... No concrete info.
CHRZ, Thanks
No worries.
Welcome to the board.

Always need some fresh personalities.
:bash
I BLEED BLACK AND ORANGE
TIGERS 'TIL I DIE

goldcoast tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 6125
Joined: Sat 12 Apr, 2014 5:42 pm

Post by goldcoast tiger » Wed 22 Aug, 2018 5:28 pm

southerntiger wrote: ↑
Tue 21 Aug, 2018 9:03 pm
tigerap wrote: ↑
Tue 21 Aug, 2018 8:54 pm
Zero tackle named top 10worst signings for 2018. And we made 30% of the field.... Josh Reynolds, Tanne Milne, McQueen...no wonder IC is gun shy signing new players for 2019..his 2018 record is nothing to write home about....
Im not a IC fan boy like many others on here. However, he can't be blamed for McQueen. Chris was signed before IC became coach.

Reynolds is a silly criticism. He has been good when on the field. Injuries happen.

Given we terminated Milne for taking drugs and therefore he was gone from our cap for most of the year, Im nonplussed by that one.
So was Ballin , for about 20 minutes

Donald Trump
Member
Member
Posts: 417
Joined: Tue 15 Nov, 2016 5:28 pm

Post by Donald Trump » Wed 22 Aug, 2018 5:54 pm

RoxleyBird wrote: ↑
Wed 22 Aug, 2018 4:37 pm
BTW, i can't create a new post. can someone help?
I built a wall to block the new users.

πŸ˜€
Let's make the Tigers great again!

RoxleyBird
Posts: 37
Joined: Wed 22 Aug, 2018 4:07 pm

Post by RoxleyBird » Wed 22 Aug, 2018 5:55 pm

Donald Trump wrote: ↑
Wed 22 Aug, 2018 5:54 pm
RoxleyBird wrote: ↑
Wed 22 Aug, 2018 4:37 pm
BTW, i can't create a new post. can someone help?
I built a wall to block the new users.

πŸ˜€
:roll
Good one
I BLEED BLACK AND ORANGE
TIGERS 'TIL I DIE

Post Reply