WT heading towards financial sustainability?

Chicken Faced Killa

Re: WT heading towards financial sustainability?

Post by Chicken Faced Killa » Sun 26 Aug, 2018 6:18 am

I find it interesting that clubs run at these big losses - average $1.9M yet somehow people still want to become owners and throw money at them. I get the doing it because you love the club angle but how long could you throw money away for?

eyewonder

Post by eyewonder » Sun 26 Aug, 2018 7:58 am

funny stuff geo

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by jadtiger » Sun 26 Aug, 2018 8:11 am

:roll
Geo. wrote:
Sun 26 Aug, 2018 2:54 am
happy tiger wrote:
Sun 26 Aug, 2018 1:08 am
Geo. wrote:
Sun 26 Aug, 2018 12:54 am
No apostrophe in West's....I'm shocked coming from Col..it's WESTS Col....
Maybe John West bought the Magpies

Then the troll would be right , West's Magpies
Well i think John West is in charge of recruitment..the players other team rejects is what makes WESTS Tigers the best...
:roll

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 26 Aug, 2018 8:37 am

........ The Magpies, whose successful Ashfield licensed club now owns 75 per cent of Wests Tigers, have the option of buying the remaining quarter, or partnering with a businessman who has been a long time Wests supporter......

Oh really?

momo&medo

Post by momo&medo » Sun 26 Aug, 2018 9:31 am

sideline eye wrote:
Sat 25 Aug, 2018 11:08 pm
As a (very) old Magpie, I can't agree that we should be called Wests Magpies. Both clubs agreed that it should be Wests Tigers and the situation is that Wests, a couple of years back, granted Balmain 25% of the club even though Balmain were broke and in debt to the NRL. If Balmain can't repay the NRL on time, then they will cease to have any part of Wests Tigers.

I just think the club that we follow now is and always will be Wests Tigers, it is registered with the NRL under this name and they will never agree to a name change, which, in my opinion, is for the best. The thing that we all should acknowledge is that this club sprang from the Magpies and the Tigers and we shouldn't forget our history.

Go you mighty Wests Tigers!!!!!!!!!
Yep .... I agree totally. I supported West’s magpies since mid Sixties through all the (few) good times and (many) dissapintments.
This talk of West’s magpies is just rubbish and should not be and is not an issue to be dug up, any more. West’s group are the owners of WT and yes Balmain side got us out of relegation and yes we got Balmain out of financial difficulties. End of story.
We are and the only way to survive further is under the West’s Tigers banner. And anyone who thinks otherwise is a fool.
The Tigers brand is our survival and underpins our viability.
West’s and Balmain history should and will always survive. But we should be beyond infighting about this. We have enough problems scratching a competitive environment for our supporters in the company of premiership heavyweights who are tearing everything around them apart.
We have a new generation of supporters who don’t deserve this mindless pettiness of dinasours who refuse to die.

helmesy

Post by helmesy » Sun 26 Aug, 2018 9:34 am

momo&medo wrote:
Sun 26 Aug, 2018 9:31 am
sideline eye wrote:
Sat 25 Aug, 2018 11:08 pm
As a (very) old Magpie, I can't agree that we should be called Wests Magpies. Both clubs agreed that it should be Wests Tigers and the situation is that Wests, a couple of years back, granted Balmain 25% of the club even though Balmain were broke and in debt to the NRL. If Balmain can't repay the NRL on time, then they will cease to have any part of Wests Tigers.

I just think the club that we follow now is and always will be Wests Tigers, it is registered with the NRL under this name and they will never agree to a name change, which, in my opinion, is for the best. The thing that we all should acknowledge is that this club sprang from the Magpies and the Tigers and we shouldn't forget our history.

Go you mighty Wests Tigers!!!!!!!!!
Yep .... I agree totally. I supported West’s magpies since mid Sixties through all the (few) good times and (many) dissapintments.
This talk of West’s magpies is just rubbish and should not be and is not an issue to be dug up, any more. West’s group are the owners of WT and yes Balmain side got us out of relegation and yes we got Balmain out of financial difficulties. End of story.
We are and the only way to survive further is under the West’s Tigers banner. And anyone who thinks otherwise is a fool.
The Tigers brand is our survival and underpins our viability.
West’s and Balmain history should and will always survive. But we should be beyond infighting about this. We have enough problems scratching a competitive environment for our supporters in the company of premiership heavyweights who are tearing everything around them apart.
We have a new generation of supporters who don’t deserve this mindless pettiness of dinasours who refuse to die.
Agreed

Russell

Post by Russell » Sun 26 Aug, 2018 10:01 am

magpiecol wrote:
Sat 25 Aug, 2018 10:42 pm
Tiger Steve wrote:
Sat 25 Aug, 2018 6:56 pm
Snake wrote:
Sat 25 Aug, 2018 6:49 pm
Black'n'White wrote:
Sat 25 Aug, 2018 6:39 pm

I think Balmain owe Wests Ashfield money... and we under any banner are clear to the nrl.
The sooner the better that everybody including the media understand that the WestsTigers are not a joint venture they are owned by the West’s group that paid out 20 million to the Nrl to cover Balmains debt.
IMO the club will never have its own identity until the realities of the situation is made clear and people do not think otherwise .
Why do we not have our own identity?
Because the club is owned by Wests.

Why they loaned Balmain money is beyond me. They will never get it back.

West's Magpies should be the clubs identity.
Never will be - just wishful thinking on your part.

NRL have stated Tiger stays. That is our identity.

Russell

Post by Russell » Sun 26 Aug, 2018 10:03 am

happy tiger wrote:
Sun 26 Aug, 2018 1:08 am
Geo. wrote:
Sun 26 Aug, 2018 12:54 am
No apostrophe in West's....I'm shocked coming from Col..it's WESTS Col....
Maybe John West bought the Magpies

Then the troll would be right , West's Magpies
That sounds fishy to me Hap! :lol:

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Sun 26 Aug, 2018 10:11 am

innsaneink wrote:
Sun 26 Aug, 2018 8:37 am
........ The Magpies, whose successful Ashfield licensed club now owns 75 per cent of Wests Tigers, have the option of buying the remaining quarter, or partnering with a businessman who has been a long time Wests supporter......

Oh really?
Harry T or some other mystery guy?

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Sun 26 Aug, 2018 10:31 am

Oh goody the yearly off season JV argument. Never tire of these...
Madge's Maulers.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

Demonborger

Post by Demonborger » Sun 26 Aug, 2018 10:33 am

gallagher wrote:
Sun 26 Aug, 2018 10:11 am
innsaneink wrote:

Oh really?
Probably Lee Hagipantelis from Brydens. Althugh he seems to be from the Balmain side. Maybe someone else?

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/wests- ... mwn4t.html

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Sun 26 Aug, 2018 10:37 am

Demonborger wrote:
Sun 26 Aug, 2018 10:33 am
gallagher wrote:
Sun 26 Aug, 2018 10:11 am
innsaneink wrote:

Oh really?
Probably Lee Hagipantelis from Brydens. Althugh he seems to be from the Balmain side. Maybe someone else?

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/wests- ... mwn4t.html
Maybe the guy who owns Jaycar? It's a bit if a tease from Masters.

diedpretty

Post by diedpretty » Sun 26 Aug, 2018 10:51 am

Tiger Steve wrote:
Snake wrote:
Black'n'White wrote:
gallagher wrote:
Sat 25 Aug, 2018 6:14 pm
I think Balmain owe the NRL money not Wests Tigers
I think Balmain owe Wests Ashfield money... and we under any banner are clear to the nrl.
The sooner the better that everybody including the media understand that the WestsTigers are not a joint venture they are owned by the West’s group that paid out 20 million to the Nrl to cover Balmains debt.
IMO the club will never have its own identity until the realities of the situation is made clear and people do not think otherwise .
Because the media and most fans of other clubs perceive Wests Tigers as a rebadged Balmain - and people like Blocker Roach, Bwaith and a few others perpetuate this perception by constantly calling them Balmain during games. We still have the media reporting WT are in hock to the NRL - Wests Tigers have never owed the NRL a cent - people complain of this in the media but its ignored. Wests Ashfield does nothing to change this.

cqtiger

Post by cqtiger » Sun 26 Aug, 2018 12:45 pm

The reason people like Col and others on here still live in hope of the old Magpies back in the NRL is because Wests Ashfield insisted on having Western Suburbs Magpies as our ISP team.

I think the Ashfield board must think they are getting something for their money by doing this but as per this thread again it does nothing but cause division.

I am a Wests Tigers supporter, not a Western Suburbs Magpies supporter.
If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said a faster horse
– Henry Ford

Tiger Steve

Post by Tiger Steve » Sun 26 Aug, 2018 1:33 pm

diedpretty wrote:
Sun 26 Aug, 2018 10:51 am
Tiger Steve wrote:
Snake wrote:
Black'n'White wrote:

Because the media and most fans of other clubs perceive Wests Tigers as a rebadged Balmain - and people like Blocker Roach, Bwaith and a few others perpetuate this perception by constantly calling them Balmain during games. We still have the media reporting WT are in hock to the NRL - Wests Tigers have never owed the NRL a cent - people complain of this in the media but its ignored. Wests Ashfield does nothing to change this.
Yep - that’s fair. I’m ex Balmain and I cringe when I hear us referred to as black and gold. We are black, white and gold
“Peanuts! Get ya peanuts - in the shell or sugar coated!” Leichhardt memories.

Set play

Post by Set play » Sun 26 Aug, 2018 1:47 pm

18 years as a JV and people are still squabbling over Balmain and Wests. We are Wests tigers now. Embrace our identity but also embrace our 2 club history. It's not hard to understand that had we not merged neither of our clubs would of survived. If it means that much to old die hards follow magpies in ISP or pull out some old videos of your beloved Balmain & Wests and live in the past if you must.

Set play

Post by Set play » Sun 26 Aug, 2018 1:50 pm

And while I'm on a rant. Change ISP team to Wests tigers to stop division

yeti

Post by yeti » Sun 26 Aug, 2018 2:13 pm

Set play wrote:
Sun 26 Aug, 2018 1:50 pm
And while I'm on a rant. Change ISP team to Wests tigers to stop division
Agreed. I couldn't understand why they changed it this year.