WT heading towards financial sustainability?

WT2K

Re: WT heading towards financial sustainability?

Post by WT2K » Sun 26 Aug, 2018 2:32 pm

Set play wrote:
Sun 26 Aug, 2018 1:47 pm
18 years as a JV and people are still squabbling over Balmain and Wests. We are Wests tigers now. Embrace our identity but also embrace our 2 club history. It's not hard to understand that had we not merged neither of our clubs would of survived. If it means that much to old die hards follow magpies in ISP or pull out some old videos of your beloved Balmain & Wests and live in the past if you must.
Agree 100%
No more plodders!
:sign:

Set play

Post by Set play » Sun 26 Aug, 2018 2:40 pm

yeti wrote:
Sun 26 Aug, 2018 2:13 pm
Set play wrote:
Sun 26 Aug, 2018 1:50 pm
And while I'm on a rant. Change ISP team to Wests tigers to stop division
Agreed. I couldn't understand why they changed it this year.
Yeti I think its
Because Wests Ashfield are living in the past. It will probably take another 30 odd years until all the old timers that are stuck in the past are respectively gone, by that stage it should be all good and majority of our supporters will be Wests tigers supporters not Balmain or wests. I think the best way to immediately try and stop the rot is to ditch Cambo and Leichhardt stadiums and play every home game out of the new stadium or sfs or homebush and only 1 game each at Cambo and Leichhardt per year in traditional jersey. That would still show acknowledgement to our 2 great foundation clubs but anywhere but those two old stadiums. Embrace our history but start looking to the future is they way to go imo

Newtown

Post by Newtown » Sun 26 Aug, 2018 2:51 pm

If the club has reached financial sustainability why have it stopped nearly two months ago from spending for new good new quality players?

Russell

Post by Russell » Sun 26 Aug, 2018 3:06 pm

Set play wrote:
Absolutely!!!!

Black'n'White

Post by Black'n'White » Sun 26 Aug, 2018 3:12 pm

Set play wrote:
Sun 26 Aug, 2018 2:40 pm
yeti wrote:
Set play wrote:
Yeti I think its
Because Wests Ashfield are living in the past. It will probably take another 30 odd years until all the old timers that are stuck in the past are respectively gone, by that stage it should be all good and majority of our supporters will be Wests tigers supporters not Balmain or wests. I think the best way to immediately try and stop the rot is to ditch Cambo and Leichhardt stadiums and play every home game out of the new stadium or sfs or homebush and only 1 game each at Cambo and Leichhardt per year in traditional jersey. That would still show acknowledgement to our 2 great foundation clubs but anywhere but those two old stadiums. Embrace our history but start looking to the future is they way to go imo
I could waste my time trying to explain how it got to where it is, but I honestly think it would only serve to start a mud slinging match. But I will tell you that it wasnt Ashfield that pushed for ISP to be Wests.... It was Campbelltown. For starters.

Black'n'White

Post by Black'n'White » Sun 26 Aug, 2018 3:13 pm

Newtown wrote:
Sun 26 Aug, 2018 2:51 pm
If the club has reached financial sustainability why have it stopped nearly two months ago from spending for new good new quality players?
financial sustainability of the club and salary cap management, are not aligned in any way what so ever.

weststigerman

Post by weststigerman » Sun 26 Aug, 2018 3:18 pm

Looks like the dinosaurs are out again.

Go Wests Tigers

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by jadtiger » Sun 26 Aug, 2018 3:26 pm

Set play wrote:
yeti wrote:
Set play wrote:
Yeti I think its
Agreed

Balmainian

Post by Balmainian » Sun 26 Aug, 2018 4:06 pm

I cant believe this is even still an issue for some.
I followed Balmain and would love to see the boys run around at Liechardt once a year probably playing Souths or the Roosters, and i would be just as satisfied to see the lads in the old Victa playing Manly at Campletown.
The merger should never have been a bitter relation between the two clubs, It should have been(and from the top)embraced......2 historic teams, 2 sets of fans, double the resources and junior development.
I for one love that our two clubs survived together rather than dying alone.

Black'n'White

Post by Black'n'White » Sun 26 Aug, 2018 5:37 pm

Balmainian wrote:
Sun 26 Aug, 2018 4:06 pm
I cant believe this is even still an issue for some.
I followed Balmain and would love to see the boys run around at Liechardt once a year probably playing Souths or the Roosters, and i would be just as satisfied to see the lads in the old Victa playing Manly at Campletown.
The merger should never have been a bitter relation between the two clubs, It should have been(and from the top)embraced......2 historic teams, 2 sets of fans, double the resources and junior development.
I for one love that our two clubs survived together rather than dying alone.
Exactly....

In a nutshell, to circumvent the dollar for dollar deal between the Wests parties and Balmain, Wests Campbelltown sold their stake to Ashfield, which allowed them to funnel monies into the Joint venture as a sponsor instead. Wests Ashfield picked up the slack funding Balmians Juniors programs and affiliates, and in turn Campbelltown took up financial duties regarding the ISP team which in the process alleviated the financial stresses on the Wests Tigers club.

The real problem is the fans carrying on like muppets at any opportunity. We arent the only club who doest share logos with our ISP feeder teams... Mounties, Newtown and Bears are all affiliated...

The one positive is that this is being discussed in a thread about us being financially sustainable, something we wouldnt be if the Wests Tigers carried the ISP teams financial strain of alone.

Our books are balancing because of this deal. There isnt any backroom takeover afoot... It was a shrewd business deal done in the best interest of the Wests Tigers. People need to grow up.

diedpretty

Post by diedpretty » Sun 26 Aug, 2018 5:40 pm

Set play wrote:
18 years as a JV and people are still squabbling over Balmain and Wests. We are Wests tigers now. Embrace our identity but also embrace our 2 club history. It's not hard to understand that had we not merged neither of our clubs would of survived. If it means that much to old die hards follow magpies in ISP or pull out some old videos of your beloved Balmain & Wests and live in the past if you must.
Im not squabbling over it. I have embraced the Wests Tigers, what i am pointing out is that a lot of the media and other fans don't see Wests Tigers as anything other than a rebadged Balmain. Unfortunately their are some in the media who push this agenda - and anyone who says Blocker Roach doesn;t has blinkers on. Wests Ashfield should be making more of an effort to enforce on dumb ex footballers that the team is Wests Tigers not Balmain. I have no problem with them being referred to as just the Tigers in the media but not Balmain.

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Sun 26 Aug, 2018 5:49 pm

Is it true that the money owed to wests by balmain is due Jan 1 next year?

Black'n'White

Post by Black'n'White » Sun 26 Aug, 2018 5:58 pm

gallagher wrote:
Sun 26 Aug, 2018 5:49 pm
not as far as I am aware... doesnt mean it isnt though.

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Sun 26 Aug, 2018 6:03 pm

Black'n'White wrote:
Sun 26 Aug, 2018 5:58 pm
gallagher wrote:
Sun 26 Aug, 2018 5:49 pm
not as far as I am aware... doesnt mean it isnt though.
But it was on facebook :D
cheers

Set play

Post by Set play » Sun 26 Aug, 2018 6:05 pm

diedpretty wrote:
Sun 26 Aug, 2018 5:40 pm
Set play wrote:
Im not squabbling over it. I have embraced the Wests Tigers, what i am pointing out is that a lot of the media and other fans don't see Wests Tigers as anything other than a rebadged Balmain. Unfortunately their are some in the media who push this agenda - and anyone who says Blocker Roach doesn;t has blinkers on. Wests Ashfield should be making more of an effort to enforce on dumb ex footballers that the team is Wests Tigers not Balmain. I have no problem with them being referred to as just the Tigers in the media but not Balmain.
Sorry mate, didn't mean it directly at you

Snake

Post by Snake » Sun 26 Aug, 2018 6:48 pm

Tiger Steve wrote:
Sat 25 Aug, 2018 6:56 pm
Snake wrote:
Sat 25 Aug, 2018 6:49 pm
Black'n'White wrote:
Sat 25 Aug, 2018 6:39 pm
gallagher wrote:
Sat 25 Aug, 2018 6:14 pm
I think Balmain owe the NRL money not Wests Tigers
I think Balmain owe Wests Ashfield money... and we under any banner are clear to the nrl.
The sooner the better that everybody including the media understand that the WestsTigers are not a joint venture they are owned by the West’s group that paid out 20 million to the Nrl to cover Balmains debt.
IMO the club will never have its own identity until the realities of the situation is made clear and people do not think otherwise .
Why do we not have our own identity?
Well I thought I would leave answering this question for a few days, by reading the posts since then have you not seen WHY this club has no identity .
It does not matter who or what own the WestsTigers what the problem is until the reality of what the club is nothing will change.
The club is owned by one identity it is not a joint venture and all refrence to this has to stop, one home ground the WSS has to be the one starting from 2019 with the occasional game at Liechardt ,the pandering to sections of past supporters has to stop moving forward .
I am from the West side ..I spent every year travelling to Campbelltown Stadium .. The West’s group own the Tigers big deal and me and many I know believe so what!
I follow one team the WestsTigers I want my club to have its own identity not the identity of ghosts from the past ...This club IMO is at the cross roads of whether it finally secures it’s rightful place as one of Sydney’s premium sporting clubs ,if this opportunity is not grasped I feel there is no future ,I can not stress that moving to the new WSS is the catalyst and game changer that many of us have beEN waiting for and maybe just maybe the WESTSTIGERS will get its own identity .

Tiger Steve

Post by Tiger Steve » Sun 26 Aug, 2018 7:53 pm

Snake wrote:
Sun 26 Aug, 2018 6:48 pm
Tiger Steve wrote:
Sat 25 Aug, 2018 6:56 pm
Snake wrote:
Sat 25 Aug, 2018 6:49 pm
Black'n'White wrote:
Sat 25 Aug, 2018 6:39 pm

I think Balmain owe Wests Ashfield money... and we under any banner are clear to the nrl.
The sooner the better that everybody including the media understand that the WestsTigers are not a joint venture they are owned by the West’s group that paid out 20 million to the Nrl to cover Balmains debt.
IMO the club will never have its own identity until the realities of the situation is made clear and people do not think otherwise .
Why do we not have our own identity?
Well I thought I would leave answering this question for a few days, by reading the posts since then have you not seen WHY this club has no identity .
It does not matter who or what own the WestsTigers what the problem is until the reality of what the club is nothing will change.
The club is owned by one identity it is not a joint venture and all refrence to this has to stop, one home ground the WSS has to be the one starting from 2019 with the occasional game at Liechardt ,the pandering to sections of past supporters has to stop moving forward .
I am from the West side ..I spent every year travelling to Campbelltown Stadium .. The West’s group own the Tigers big deal and me and many I know believe so what!
I follow one team the WestsTigers I want my club to have its own identity not the identity of ghosts from the past ...This club IMO is at the cross roads of whether it finally secures it’s rightful place as one of Sydney’s premium sporting clubs ,if this opportunity is not grasped I feel there is no future ,I can not stress that moving to the new WSS is the catalyst and game changer that many of us have beEN waiting for and maybe just maybe the WESTSTIGERS will get its own identity .
Well I think we are quite aligned in our thinking - we are WestsTigers.
I’m happy with the one stadium idea but see nothing wrong with recognising our roots - which are Balmain and Wests. I love Leichhardt but agree that one home ground would be a catalyst for unity.
I’d prefer to see everyone in WestsTigers gear as well rather than magpies and Balmain jerseys but I suppose old loyalties are hard to let go.
In regards to the posts - the vast majority talk of unity and being under a WestsTigers banner so this is good. Heaps less division than before.
In regards to us being a force - onfield success needs to happen. The board and office seem to have their acts together. Just need to keep improving on the field.
“Peanuts! Get ya peanuts - in the shell or sugar coated!” Leichhardt memories.

Set play

Post by Set play » Sun 26 Aug, 2018 7:58 pm

Black'n'White wrote:
Sun 26 Aug, 2018 3:12 pm
Set play wrote:
yeti wrote:
Set play wrote:
Yeti I think its
I could waste my time trying to explain how it got to where it is, but I honestly think it would only serve to start a mud slinging match. But I will tell you that it wasnt Ashfield that pushed for ISP to be Wests.... It was Campbelltown. For starters.
Settle down champ I'm also not after a mud slinging match. I was under the impression that Wests Campbeltown sold all there shares to Wests Ashfield in 2014 and have no seats on the board and if that's the case why would their opinion really count but I may be wrong and if I am thanks for pointing that out.