Post by matchball » Thu 30 Aug, 2018 3:06 pm

Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Thu 30 Aug, 2018 3:03 pm
matchball wrote:
Thu 30 Aug, 2018 2:02 pm
:roll
Spud Murphy wrote:
Wed 29 Aug, 2018 7:17 pm
If we can actually get 2 top line forwards, a strike centre and a tall, fast winger to round out the team then I'm ok with Farah & Benji staying on.
No point getting more forwards when we have to carry a spare hooker on the bench.
We handicap ourselves with this arrangement.
Can LIddle also play fullback where not such a workload and Moses play brilliantly at another posi?
Hahahaha. You must be Tim Sheens.

Tiger Steve

Post by Tiger Steve » Thu 30 Aug, 2018 5:02 pm

The signing of Marshall as back up 6 puts to bed any hopes that N Cleary will be released to play for tigers in 2019
“Peanuts! Get ya peanuts - in the shell or sugar coated!” Leichhardt memories.

cqtiger

Post by cqtiger » Thu 30 Aug, 2018 5:15 pm

Tiger Steve wrote:
Thu 30 Aug, 2018 5:02 pm
The signing of Marshall as back up 6 puts to bed any hopes that N Cleary will be released to play for tigers in 2019
Steve, I never thought for one minute that N Cleary would be released next year to anyone.

As for Farah and Marshall re-signing for one more year, it does not fill me with excitement. I’m thinking they are staying one year too long.
If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said a faster horse
– Henry Ford

Tiger Steve

Post by Tiger Steve » Thu 30 Aug, 2018 5:27 pm

cqtiger wrote:
Thu 30 Aug, 2018 5:15 pm
Tiger Steve wrote:
Steve, I never thought for one minute that N Cleary would be released next year to anyone.

As for Farah and Marshall re-signing for one more year, it does not fill me with excitement. I’m thinking they are staying one year too long.
I agree CQ. I hold no hope of him coming at all. I’m just saying that if there was a slight chance - it’s dead for next year at least.

I’m ok with them staying. Reynolds must be our 6 and Benji is back up only as needed. I’m happy for Farah and Liddle to fight it out - I still think Farah offers something but I was a bit concerned at the lack of ball Brooks was getting towards the end of the season.

What’s not filling me with excitement is recruitment. Jeez we need four good first graders to fill our roster.

cqtiger

Post by cqtiger » Thu 30 Aug, 2018 5:37 pm

Tiger Steve wrote:
Thu 30 Aug, 2018 5:27 pm
cqtiger wrote:
Tiger Steve wrote:

I agree CQ. I hold no hope of him coming at all. I’m just saying that if there was a slight chance - it’s dead for next year at least.

I’m ok with them staying. Reynolds must be our 6 and Benji is back up only as needed. I’m happy for Farah and Liddle to fight it out - I still think Farah offers something but I was a bit concerned at the lack of ball Brooks was getting towards the end of the season.

What’s not filling me with excitement is recruitment. Jeez we need four good first graders to fill our roster.
Yep the only hope I have for new signings is that we’ve released Sue, Kevvie, Grant, Malaki and a few others. Sadly, we seem to be only signing young reserve graders from other clubs.
If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said a faster horse
– Henry Ford

bbobb

Post by bbobb » Thu 30 Aug, 2018 6:38 pm

cqtiger wrote:
Thu 30 Aug, 2018 5:37 pm
Tiger Steve wrote:
cqtiger wrote:
Tiger Steve wrote:

Yep the only hope I have for new signings is that we’ve released Sue, Kevvie, Grant, Malaki and a few others. Sadly, we seem to be only signing young reserve graders from other clubs.
If you look back at the start of the year Sue, Grant and MWZ were playing a fair amount of ISP. Even Kev had a reasonable stint there mid season. Point is that I think those four are considered “depth signings”. I think (fear) we will be recruiting similar to fill those gaps.

Tiger Steve

Post by Tiger Steve » Thu 30 Aug, 2018 7:26 pm

bbobb wrote:
Thu 30 Aug, 2018 6:38 pm
cqtiger wrote:
Thu 30 Aug, 2018 5:37 pm
Tiger Steve wrote:
cqtiger wrote:

If you look back at the start of the year Sue, Grant and MWZ were playing a fair amount of ISP. Even Kev had a reasonable stint there mid season. Point is that I think those four are considered “depth signings”. I think (fear) we will be recruiting similar to fill those gaps.
Problem is we have a squad full of depth signings

greatwhitehunter

Post by greatwhitehunter » Thu 30 Aug, 2018 7:36 pm

Tiger Steve wrote:

Problem is we have a squad full of depth signings
The real problem is we have a squad half full of players not of first grade standard:

Marshall
Rochow
McQueen
Naiguama
MWZ
Chee Kam

etc

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Thu 30 Aug, 2018 7:44 pm

Channel 9 claiming all Wests fans would be so happy with this news

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Thu 30 Aug, 2018 7:46 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Thu 30 Aug, 2018 7:44 pm

Gee Gary Freeman and Warren Boland can sing.

matchball

Post by matchball » Thu 30 Aug, 2018 7:58 pm

:roll
gallagher wrote:
Thu 30 Aug, 2018 7:46 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Thu 30 Aug, 2018 7:44 pm

Gee Gary Freeman and Warren Boland can sing.
Gary Freeman. :lol:
That got me good. Thanks.