Wests Tigers sign Paul Momirovski

Aceshigh
Member
Member
Posts: 120
Joined: Fri 21 Apr, 2017 6:42 pm

Re: Wests Tigers sign Paul Momirovski

Post by Aceshigh » Fri 31 Aug, 2018 6:32 pm

Well lets hope there is something out there for us , but we def need speed outwide and a couple of dominant forwards


User avatar
The Patriot
Member
Member
Posts: 2308
Joined: Fri 16 Feb, 2018 8:39 am

Post by The Patriot » Fri 31 Aug, 2018 6:51 pm

This type of approach is the way to go, its Moneyball but with a bit more upside.

Taylor tried the moneyball approach but got it wrong with the likes of Justin Hunt and Jordan Rankin, yes they were good value for money but their ability was limited.

If you are going to recruit like this you have got to take a chance on players who might have a higher ceiling.

Players who have tried and failed arent the way to go.
Last edited by The Patriot on Fri 31 Aug, 2018 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Its an opinion!

Tcat
Member
Member
Posts: 147
Joined: Wed 08 Aug, 2018 5:18 pm

Post by Tcat » Fri 31 Aug, 2018 6:52 pm

I'm happy to at least hear an announced signing. What is funny tho is, I wonder how many times we have all said 'Probably another depth signing'? Come on tigers give us a top tier signing.

gallagher
Member
Member
Posts: 5611
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 1:18 pm

Post by gallagher » Fri 31 Aug, 2018 6:56 pm

Pawsandclaws wrote:
Fri 31 Aug, 2018 6:19 pm
We had good success with Twal purchased at a similar stage of development with a very good junior rep record. There is a lot of upside purchasing players of this record on the cusp of NRL selection.
I think Melb and Easts do it well but you got to mix them in with rep level players.

TonyTiger
Member
Member
Posts: 369
Joined: Mon 04 Dec, 2017 12:41 pm

Post by TonyTiger » Fri 31 Aug, 2018 7:01 pm

I would rather this type of signing than what Tyrone Peachy has to offer.


User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 22673
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm

Post by GNR4LIFE » Fri 31 Aug, 2018 7:02 pm

Could turn out to be another Twal or Aloiai. However, it’s pretty uninspiring atm. Not even one two quality signings will save us next year.

hobbo
Member
Member
Posts: 10167
Joined: Mon 10 Mar, 2014 5:03 pm

Post by hobbo » Fri 31 Aug, 2018 7:20 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Fri 31 Aug, 2018 7:02 pm
Could turn out to be another Twal or Aloiai. However, it’s pretty uninspiring atm. Not even one two quality signings will save us next year.
You’d hope he doesn’t turn out to be another Aloiai.... he’s garbage .
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

User avatar
swag tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 2618
Joined: Wed 11 Nov, 2015 2:58 pm
Location: tiger island

Post by swag tiger » Fri 31 Aug, 2018 7:21 pm

Momirovski has scored 9 tries from 18 games in the Intrust Super Premiership this year. He also scored a try whilst making his first-grade debut for the Roosters in their win over the Titans during Round 18.
I have family in Balmain and the Western suburbs so i guess that makes me a Balmain Westie

Winner of FIFA world cup LMS 2018 Winner of WTF Draft 2

TonyTiger
Member
Member
Posts: 369
Joined: Mon 04 Dec, 2017 12:41 pm

Post by TonyTiger » Fri 31 Aug, 2018 7:42 pm

hobbo wrote:
Fri 31 Aug, 2018 7:20 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Fri 31 Aug, 2018 7:02 pm
Could turn out to be another Twal or Aloiai. However, it’s pretty uninspiring atm. Not even one two quality signings will save us next year.
You’d hope he doesn’t turn out to be another Aloiai.... he’s garbage .
Aloiai is a great impact player but he doesn’t get enough game time to get warm.

westy81
Member
Member
Posts: 830
Joined: Tue 21 Jun, 2011 1:29 am

Post by westy81 » Fri 31 Aug, 2018 7:48 pm

Hope he goes well next year with the Tigers

Welcome Paul
GO THE TIGERS !!!!

User avatar
MacDougall
Member
Member
Posts: 7967
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 4:03 am
Location: Brisbane, QLD

Post by MacDougall » Fri 31 Aug, 2018 8:06 pm

Pretty decent player from what I've seen. Had a blinder of a debut earlier in the year.

User avatar
jirskyr
Member
Member
Posts: 6100
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 12:00 pm

Post by jirskyr » Fri 31 Aug, 2018 8:13 pm

Tcat wrote:
Fri 31 Aug, 2018 6:52 pm
I'm happy to at least hear an announced signing. What is funny tho is, I wonder how many times we have all said 'Probably another depth signing'? Come on tigers give us a top tier signing.
Moses Mbye

Exactly how many top-shelf signings do people expect per season?

Tcat
Member
Member
Posts: 147
Joined: Wed 08 Aug, 2018 5:18 pm

Post by Tcat » Fri 31 Aug, 2018 8:26 pm

jirskyr wrote:
Fri 31 Aug, 2018 8:13 pm
Tcat wrote:
Fri 31 Aug, 2018 6:52 pm
I'm happy to at least hear an announced signing. What is funny tho is, I wonder how many times we have all said 'Probably another depth signing'? Come on tigers give us a top tier signing.
Moses Mbye

Exactly how many top-shelf signings do people expect per season?
As many as possible. Haha. Not realistic I know, but 1 or 2 more would be nice depending on $$.

User avatar
underdog
Member
Member
Posts: 5324
Joined: Tue 27 Apr, 2010 5:25 pm
Location: Gold Coast

Post by underdog » Fri 31 Aug, 2018 9:00 pm

He'll be an upgrade on Naiqama and Fonua.

Not a bad signing.
Image

hodgo
Member
Member
Posts: 450
Joined: Sat 04 Sep, 2010 2:03 am

Post by hodgo » Fri 31 Aug, 2018 10:15 pm

tiger05premier wrote:
Fri 31 Aug, 2018 4:57 pm
Tiger Steve wrote:
Fri 31 Aug, 2018 4:35 pm
Well he hasn’t been bought to put pressure on those ahead of him because there is no one ahead of him. BUY A BLOODY ESTABLISHED 1ST GRADE PLAYER!!
Love your passion Steve

Agree with you too

I do believe we are chasing players though but just having trouble convincing them to sign on the dotted line

The coaching fiasco can't be helping either
What establiahed centre is out there better that we can sign seriously? This is our best path your dudes stuck behind talent that need an oppurtunity

goldcoast tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 6393
Joined: Sat 12 Apr, 2014 5:42 pm

Post by goldcoast tiger » Fri 31 Aug, 2018 10:22 pm

jirskyr wrote:
Fri 31 Aug, 2018 8:13 pm
Tcat wrote:
Fri 31 Aug, 2018 6:52 pm
I'm happy to at least hear an announced signing. What is funny tho is, I wonder how many times we have all said 'Probably another depth signing'? Come on tigers give us a top tier signing.
Moses Mbye

Exactly how many top-shelf signings do people expect per season?
More than we are going to get,,
More importantly, how many lower shelf players can we get rid of

magpiecol
Member
Member
Posts: 3216
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 3:02 pm

Post by magpiecol » Fri 31 Aug, 2018 11:15 pm

TonyTiger wrote:
Fri 31 Aug, 2018 7:42 pm
hobbo wrote:
Fri 31 Aug, 2018 7:20 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Fri 31 Aug, 2018 7:02 pm
Could turn out to be another Twal or Aloiai. However, it’s pretty uninspiring atm. Not even one two quality signings will save us next year.
You’d hope he doesn’t turn out to be another Aloiai.... he’s garbage .
Aloiai is a great impact player but he doesn’t get enough game time to get warm.

You are kidding of course.

He is absolute garbage. Should never,ever, be picked in first grade again.

Did you actually watch the souths game? He has as much impact as a wet lettuce. Cannot tackle or pass a ball, has no speed,no sidestep and no bloody idea.

Not even good enough for reserves.

User avatar
Sabre
Member
Member
Posts: 6942
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:06 pm
Location: Tiger Town

Post by Sabre » Fri 31 Aug, 2018 11:34 pm

underdog wrote:
Fri 31 Aug, 2018 9:00 pm
He'll be an upgrade on Naiqama and Fonua.

Not a bad signing.
Playing with 12 players on the field would be an upgrade on Fonua.

Post Reply