jirskyr wrote:
Mon 10 Sep, 2018 10:46 am
Snake wrote:
Mon 10 Sep, 2018 10:19 am
russelldp wrote:
Sun 09 Sep, 2018 9:14 pm
After watching his last two games on ISP-

- some very very poor misses in defence
- doesn’t go looking for work (dirty yards)

Depth signing at best imo. I hope he came cheap.
I was going to mention this last week... not very impressed with this signing , the Magpies Center played all over him , it seems the plodder signing mentally continues.
The only thing I'll say is 1-2 games isn't a sufficient summary of what a player can offer.

Everyone's banging on about Jazz Tevaga in the other signing thread, driven largely, it appears, from his performance in the Warrior's loss on the weekend.
One is playing an NRL final, the elite top level of his sport.

The other is playing in a league full of guys who will never cut it.
Well that's unequivocal then - if you play in a finals team you are a great player and if you play ISP you will never have a first grade career. Kind of makes you wonder why anyone ever plays reggies if you are no chance of ever being a legitimate first grader. Esp if you are the over-the-hill age of 22.

But that wasn't my point anyway, my point was I have not seen Tevaga feature in any serious discussion on this forum until he plays one decent game for Warriors, then suddenly people want to sign him. Goldfish mentality.

hodgo

Post by hodgo » Tue 11 Sep, 2018 7:19 pm

He is like alot of our other signings. He has potential and could be solid. Buy a few low with upside and hope a couple pan out.

To me he is a twal like signing looks good has played junior rep and may develop if not no biggie if so awesome

The Patriot

Post by The Patriot » Tue 11 Sep, 2018 7:54 pm

jirskyr wrote:
Tue 11 Sep, 2018 5:44 pm
The Patriot wrote:
Mon 10 Sep, 2018 6:24 pm
jirskyr wrote:
Mon 10 Sep, 2018 10:46 am
Snake wrote:
Mon 10 Sep, 2018 10:19 am

I was going to mention this last week... not very impressed with this signing , the Magpies Center played all over him , it seems the plodder signing mentally continues.
The only thing I'll say is 1-2 games isn't a sufficient summary of what a player can offer.

Everyone's banging on about Jazz Tevaga in the other signing thread, driven largely, it appears, from his performance in the Warrior's loss on the weekend.
One is playing an NRL final, the elite top level of his sport.

The other is playing in a league full of guys who will never cut it.
Well that's unequivocal then - if you play in a finals team you are a great player and if you play ISP you will never have a first grade career. Kind of makes you wonder why anyone ever plays reggies if you are no chance of ever being a legitimate first grader. Esp if you are the over-the-hill age of 22.

But that wasn't my point anyway, my point was I have not seen Tevaga feature in any serious discussion on this forum until he plays one decent game for Warriors, then suddenly people want to sign him. Goldfish mentality.
Look i agree with you too many people want the latest toy. They constantly over rate the last guy to make a splash and are quick to point out the flaws in others.

However performing well in a high pressure situation like an NRL final is massive jump up from going along ok in State Cup. it shows you can handle the pressure, it shows you are someone with a bit of something about you.

Its the thing that separates the guys who never kick on and the guys who go on to be household names.

Not everyone who posts about the new guy on the block are idiots with a goldfish mentality, some just like players who have shown they can cut over "potential"
Its an opinion!

bathursttiger

Post by bathursttiger » Mon 17 Sep, 2018 5:25 pm

hobbo wrote:
Mon 10 Sep, 2018 2:26 pm
jirskyr wrote:
Mon 10 Sep, 2018 2:00 pm
hobbo wrote:
Mon 10 Sep, 2018 1:48 pm
No more Nuffies
How are you gonna roster your ISP side w/o nuffies?
Has he been signed strictly for isp though ?

That’s the question!
When Cory Thompson was signed everyone thought that he was signed as a ISP nuffies.
Same as Maha Finau.
You never know how PM is going to turn out until he’s giving a chance.

Balmain Boy

Post by Balmain Boy » Mon 17 Sep, 2018 6:14 pm

bathursttiger wrote:
Mon 17 Sep, 2018 5:25 pm
hobbo wrote:
jirskyr wrote:
hobbo wrote:
No more Nuffies

That’s the question!
When Cory Thompson was signed everyone thought that he was signed as a ISP nuffies.
Same as Maha Finau.
Thompson and Fonua had both played a few years of NRL and few years of ESL. They were somewhat known quantities at the highest level. Mom has only ever played reserve grade and 1 first grade appearance. He's very much an unknown quantity

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Mon 17 Sep, 2018 6:18 pm

bathursttiger wrote:
hobbo wrote:
jirskyr wrote:
hobbo wrote:
No more Nuffies

That’s the question!
Same as Maha Finau.
I never thought Thompson or Fonua were going to be signed up to play Reggie’s !
Both had and have household names and both were proven first graders for there previous NRL clubs before signing with us !
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

magpiecol

Post by magpiecol » Mon 17 Sep, 2018 11:41 pm

Balmain Boy wrote:
Mon 17 Sep, 2018 6:14 pm
bathursttiger wrote:
hobbo wrote:
jirskyr wrote:

That’s the question!
Same as Maha Finau.
Thompson and Fonua had both played a few years of NRL and few years of ESL. They were somewhat known quantities at the highest level. Mom has only ever played reserve grade and 1 first grade appearance. He's very much an unknown quantity
A bit like Benji really.

Balmainian

Post by Balmainian » Mon 17 Sep, 2018 11:51 pm

hobbo wrote:
Mon 17 Sep, 2018 6:18 pm
bathursttiger wrote:
hobbo wrote:
jirskyr wrote:

That’s the question!
Same as Maha Finau.
I never thought Thompson or Fonua were going to be signed up to play Reggie’s !
Both had and have household names and both were proven first graders for there previous NRL clubs before signing with us !
Thompson played in the 2014 grandfinal against Souths marking Lote Tuquiri.
Only missed 2-3 games that season.
And Fonua made the super league dream team twice.
They both had a lot less to prove than This young fella, at least we had an idea of the way they played the game, hopefully the young bloke has got a good head on his shoulders and he’s hungry for a spot.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Tue 18 Sep, 2018 6:05 am

I think the point Bathurst is making is not too many on here had Thommo & Mahe in their starting side at the start of the year
The popular theme was;
1 Lolo
2 Nofo
3 Suli
4 Milne
5 Kev

Momo is jnr development...all players start somewhere, that said if we are starting next year with him in the 13 thats a bit of a concern for mine

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Tue 18 Sep, 2018 7:05 am

innsaneink wrote:
Tue 18 Sep, 2018 6:05 am
I think the point Bathurst is making is not too many on here had Thommo & Mahe in their starting side at the start of the year
The popular theme was;
1 Lolo
2 Nofo
3 Suli
4 Milne
5 Kev

Momo is jnr development...all players start somewhere, that said if we are starting next year with him in the 13 thats a bit of a concern for mine
I thought Momirovski was 22 or 23 or something past the junior development stage...ISP for depth or 1st grade as we have very little in the way of players who play his position....

I think it's a good signing myself...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

Russell

Post by Russell » Tue 18 Sep, 2018 8:18 am

Balmain Boy wrote:
bathursttiger wrote:
hobbo wrote:
jirskyr wrote:

That’s the question!
Same as Maha Finau.
Well Mom won't have to be that great to be better than Fonua - one good game in a season does not cut it for me.

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by formerguest » Tue 18 Sep, 2018 8:27 am

Russell wrote:
Tue 18 Sep, 2018 8:18 am
Balmain Boy wrote:
bathursttiger wrote:
hobbo wrote:

That’s the question!
Same as Maha Finau.
Well Mom won't have to be that great to be better than Fonua - one good game in a season does not cut it for me.
Yeah, not my cup of tea either. See him as backup and would rather have kept Kev who covers fullback as well. Hopefully the new bloke is better than both.

bathursttiger

Post by bathursttiger » Tue 18 Sep, 2018 8:53 am

innsaneink wrote:
The popular theme was;
1 Lolo
2 Nofo
3 Suli
4 Milne
5 Kev

Thanks Ink that was exactly what I was implying.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Tue 18 Sep, 2018 9:06 am

I wonder what Paul Momirovski would have said if he was asked at the start of the year did he think that he would have at least 6 pages written about him on an NRL Forum ??

jctiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by jctiger » Tue 18 Sep, 2018 9:11 am

happy tiger wrote:
Tue 18 Sep, 2018 9:06 am
I wonder what Paul Momirovski would have said if he was asked at the start of the year did he think that he would have at least 6 pages written about him on an NRL Forum ??
I’d be more interested in knowing what Tedesco said to him when told he was thinking of signing with the us.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Tue 18 Sep, 2018 9:17 am

Geo. wrote:
Tue 18 Sep, 2018 7:05 am
innsaneink wrote:
The popular theme was;
1 Lolo
2 Nofo
3 Suli
4 Milne
5 Kev

I thought Momirovski was 22 or 23 or something past the junior development stage...ISP for depth or 1st grade as we have very little in the way of players who play his position....

I think it's a good signing myself...
Senior development then?
One NRL cap is the point... Time will tell if it's a good recruitment

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Tue 18 Sep, 2018 9:18 am

jctiger wrote:
Tue 18 Sep, 2018 9:11 am
happy tiger wrote:
I’d be more interested in knowing what Tedesco said to him when told he was thinking of signing with the us.
Probably told him he would fit in perfectly with the club mantra

#ploddersunitedwillneverbedefeated

jctiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by jctiger » Tue 18 Sep, 2018 9:42 am

happy tiger wrote:
Tue 18 Sep, 2018 9:18 am
jctiger wrote:
Tue 18 Sep, 2018 9:11 am
happy tiger wrote:
Probably told him he would fit in perfectly with the club mantra

#ploddersunitedwillneverbedefeated
I was thinking more like..........

#signwithtigersandsaygoodbyetofinals