REPORTS: Manly prop considering exit

Tiger_Fan18

REPORTS: Manly prop considering exit

Post by Tiger_Fan18 » Sat 01 Sep, 2018 12:04 pm

Stephen Marson - September 1, 2018 - 10:54 am
https://www.zerotackle.com/reports-manl ... xit-36170/

Manly and New Zealand prop Martin Taupau is considering a move away from the Sea Eagles, after being shopped around earlier on this season.

According to The Daily Telegraph, Taupau is feeling unwanted after Manly put him up for sale earlier this season, and the Sydney Roosters could be in the box seat for the 28-year-old.

Roosters chairman Nick Politis has reportedly met with Taupau, although has denied Sydney’s interest in the forward.

Taupau is currently contracted to the Sea Eagles until the end of the 2020 season, meaning he’s still 14 months from negotiating with other clubs.

If he considers asking from a release from the club, it is believed Manly will grant him that release. Taupau has played 23 games this season for the Sea Eagles, and averages 159.7 running metres and 27.8 tackles per contest.

Carefactor

Post by Carefactor » Sat 01 Sep, 2018 12:29 pm

The salary sombrero .. if he goes to the rorters i will honestly stop watching the game . Its become beyond a joke

Liddy

Post by Liddy » Sat 01 Sep, 2018 1:30 pm

He'll be signed for $150000 and then paid an additional $800000 to was Uncle Nick's fleet of cars.......

Swordy

Post by Swordy » Sat 01 Sep, 2018 1:48 pm

Isn't Uncle Nicks payment plan of choice the skins golf games?

Uncle Nick can't play golf to save his life, but that doesn't stop him playing a round at $5K per hole.

Shock horror......, "I couldn't win a hole and (insert name here) got me for $5K on each of the 18 holes."

A tidy round for a $90K win.
Sunshine Coast resident.
Tigers fan since birth in 1969.
Fond memories of Leichhardt Oval every home game as a kid with my Dad!

Spud Murphy

Post by Spud Murphy » Sat 01 Sep, 2018 2:42 pm

Tiger_Fan18 wrote:
Sat 01 Sep, 2018 12:04 pm
Stephen Marson - September 1, 2018 - 10:54 am
https://www.zerotackle.com/reports-manl ... xit-36170/

Manly and New Zealand prop Martin Taupau is considering a move away from the Sea Eagles, after being shopped around earlier on this season.

According to The Daily Telegraph, Taupau is feeling unwanted after Manly put him up for sale earlier this season, and the Sydney Roosters could be in the box seat for the 28-year-old.

Roosters chairman Nick Politis has reportedly met with Taupau, although has denied Sydney’s interest in the forward.

Taupau is currently contracted to the Sea Eagles until the end of the 2020 season, meaning he’s still 14 months from negotiating with other clubs.

If he considers asking from a release from the club, it is believed Manly will grant him that release. Taupau has played 23 games this season for the Sea Eagles, and averages 159.7 running metres and 27.8 tackles per contest.
God I just want to swear profusely right now!

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Sat 01 Sep, 2018 2:50 pm

So it doesn't sound like they are cheating the cap. It sounds like they are smart to me.

Tcat

Post by Tcat » Sat 01 Sep, 2018 4:50 pm

Hardly surprising. The roosters will keep buying and buying until they win a premiership. Hopefully they never do. No one likes them expect the players wallets and all players know that they sell their souls once they go there. You go there for a chance at a premiership and I cant really think of anyone that has left the club a better player. I know we just signed a young bloke from there, but hes not counted due to lack of 1st grade time.

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Sat 01 Sep, 2018 5:46 pm

Tcat wrote:
Sat 01 Sep, 2018 4:50 pm
Hardly surprising. The roosters will keep buying and buying until they win a premiership. Hopefully they never do. No one likes them expect the players wallets and all players know that they sell their souls once they go there. You go there for a chance at a premiership and I cant really think of anyone that has left the club a better player. I know we just signed a young bloke from there, but hes not counted due to lack of 1st grade time.
Everyone buys players. They just buy players than can win them a comp that year.

sheer64
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by sheer64 » Sat 01 Sep, 2018 6:21 pm

Calm down the Rorters still have 20mill in their cap, nothing to see here!
Arise Sir Waste Anasta, Tool of the highest order!

TigerSkins

Post by TigerSkins » Sat 01 Sep, 2018 6:31 pm

They have plenty room under that sombrero .. next year they lose Black ferguson .. but gain Brett Morris (Dogs), Ryan Hall (ESL & English International), Angus Creighton (Souths) .. and now they have money left for a 900K Marty Taupau .. you gotta wonder why the NRL Auditors are targeting Parra and Cronulla but are not touching the Chooks ??

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sat 01 Sep, 2018 6:36 pm

TigerSkins wrote:
Sat 01 Sep, 2018 6:31 pm
They have plenty room under that sombrero .. next year they lose Black ferguson .. but gain Brett Morris (Dogs), Ryan Hall (ESL & English International), Angus Creighton (Souths) .. and now they have money left for a 900K Marty Taupau .. you gotta wonder why the NRL Auditors are targeting Parra and Cronulla but are not touching the Chooks ??
Pretty sure Manly would foot the bill for a significant portion, but carry on believing the Roosters would pay the full 900k if it suits you better.

WT2K

Post by WT2K » Sat 01 Sep, 2018 7:19 pm

gallagher wrote:
Sat 01 Sep, 2018 2:50 pm
So it doesn't sound like they are cheating the cap. It sounds like they are smart to me.
We need to get smarter too.
No more plodders!
:sign:

clokan
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by clokan » Sat 01 Sep, 2018 7:19 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sat 01 Sep, 2018 6:36 pm
TigerSkins wrote:
Pretty sure Manly would foot the bill for a significant portion, but carry on believing the Roosters would pay the full 900k if it suits you better.
Why would Manly be paying anything if Taupau asks for a release

steve-o

Post by steve-o » Sat 01 Sep, 2018 7:35 pm

Yeah manly would’nt release Taupau if they had to pay anything
Year of last finals appearance:
2018 - Storm, Roosters, Rabbitohs, Sharks, Panthers, Broncos, Dragons, Warriors
2017 - Eels, Sea Eagles, Cowboys
2016 - Raiders, Bulldogs, Titans
2013 - Knights
2011 - Tigers

OutbackJack

Post by OutbackJack » Sat 01 Sep, 2018 7:57 pm

Tcat wrote:
A short history lesson.
Easts had a couple of seasons in the 1960s (???) where they just bought players so that other teams could not get them. Then they would just play them in reserve grade. I ***think ** d*** Thornett (League and Union international) was one of them, who they bought from Parramatta. Not long after that was when the League introduced the Salary Cap. This is many years ago and the old brain cells are a little dim and while the detail may be vague, the circumstances are pretty spot on. Seems not much has changed :)

momo&medo

Post by momo&medo » Sat 01 Sep, 2018 8:21 pm

OutbackJack wrote:
Sat 01 Sep, 2018 7:57 pm
Tcat wrote:
A short history lesson.
Easts had a couple of seasons in the 1960s (???) where they just bought players so that other teams could not get them. Then they would just play them in reserve grade. I ***think ** d*** Thornett (League and Union international) was one of them, who they bought from Parramatta. Not long after that was when the League introduced the Salary Cap. This is many years ago and the old brain cells are a little dim and while the detail may be vague, the circumstances are pretty spot on. Seems not much has changed :)
Pretty much what Manly did also. Both painted by same brush.
But what goes around comes around and it came around for Manly and believe me it will come around for East’s. And I will be dancing on their graves.

Balmainian

Post by Balmainian » Sat 01 Sep, 2018 8:35 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sat 01 Sep, 2018 6:36 pm
TigerSkins wrote:
Ferguson
Cronk
Nuisala
All departing

Morris
Hall
Arriving........not sure why the nrl would be to concerned.
I feel there’s a lot of jealousy out there directed at easts, I’m guilty of it at times, but they have a strong club, winning culture, stable board, great location and top shelf pathways for any player at any stage in their career.
I have a very close friend who played for the roosters several years ago and he said the treatment was like being on a kangaroo tour all year round.
There was the rumour of SBW returning, if that’s true I’m not sure Tapau would be able to fit after next season.

tonza

Post by tonza » Sat 01 Sep, 2018 8:42 pm

Is Cronk retiring?