Re: REPORTS: Manly prop considering exit

Post by gallagher » Sat 01 Sep, 2018 8:45 pm

Balmainian wrote:
Sat 01 Sep, 2018 8:35 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sat 01 Sep, 2018 6:36 pm
TigerSkins wrote:
Sat 01 Sep, 2018 6:31 pm
They have plenty room under that sombrero .. next year they lose Black ferguson .. but gain Brett Morris (Dogs), Ryan Hall (ESL & English International), Angus Creighton (Souths) .. and now they have money left for a 900K Marty Taupau .. you gotta wonder why the NRL Auditors are targeting Parra and Cronulla but are not touching the Chooks ??
Pretty sure Manly would foot the bill for a significant portion, but carry on believing the Roosters would pay the full 900k if it suits you better.
Ferguson
Cronk
Nuisala
All departing

Morris
Hall
Arriving........not sure why the nrl would be to concerned.
I feel there’s a lot of jealousy out there directed at easts, I’m guilty of it at times, but they have a strong club, winning culture, stable board, great location and top shelf pathways for any player at any stage in their career.
I have a very close friend who played for the roosters several years ago and he said the treatment was like being on a kangaroo tour all year round.
There was the rumour of SBW returning, if that’s true I’m not sure Tapau would be able to fit after next season.
Yes. It's easy to fling crap at the successful clubs but we should be trying to get to their level.

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Sat 01 Sep, 2018 8:46 pm

Balmainian wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:
TigerSkins wrote:
They have plenty room under that sombrero .. next year they lose Black ferguson .. but gain Brett Morris (Dogs), Ryan Hall (ESL & English International), Angus Creighton (Souths) .. and now they have money left for a 900K Marty Taupau .. you gotta wonder why the NRL Auditors are targeting Parra and Cronulla but are not touching the Chooks ??
Pretty sure Manly would foot the bill for a significant portion, but carry on believing the Roosters would pay the full 900k if it suits you better.
Ferguson
Cronk
Nuisala
All departing

Morris
Hall
I feel there’s a lot of jealousy out there directed at easts, I’m guilty of it at times, but they have a strong club, winning culture, stable board, great location and top shelf pathways for any player at any stage in their career.
I have a very close friend who played for the roosters several years ago and he said the treatment was like being on a kangaroo tour all year round.
There was the rumour of SBW returning, if that’s true I’m not sure Tapau would be able to fit after next season.
Angus Creighton too. I'm sure the factors you mention are relevant but I think everyone knows the TPAs mean it's not an even playing field.

Tcat

Post by Tcat » Sat 01 Sep, 2018 8:49 pm

Balmainian wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:
TigerSkins wrote:
Ferguson
Cronk
Nuisala
All departing

Morris
Hall
Don't forget crighton from the bunnies, he probably signed with the roosters for 150K.

Balmainian

Post by Balmainian » Sat 01 Sep, 2018 9:04 pm

Yossarian wrote:
Sat 01 Sep, 2018 8:46 pm
Balmainian wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:
TigerSkins wrote:
Ferguson
Cronk
Nuisala
All departing

Morris
Hall
Angus Creighton too. I'm sure the factors you mention are relevant but I think everyone knows the TPAs mean it's not an even playing field.
And it never will be.
TPA’s are not governed and unless one day each team has a TPA cap, It will remain the way it is..........David V Goliath.
The only way change will come is if the majority of teams vote for a re-correction of finance’s
Involving players and their entitlement to earn outside the game and demand audits on each club each year for quality control.

Imagine a year where
Tigers
Knights
Titans
Warriors
Raiders

All made the finals.
It will never happen, because the system is broken.
Slowly teams will hit financial crisis the game will morph into 8 or 9 teams all trying to buy a competition nobody really cares about.

Or some of the games elite need to put their balls on the table and make things right.
Commentators have criticised refs all year and even though the NRL hasn’t completely fixed the issue it’s been looked at because it’s understood the fans and the games elite have had enough of the rot.
Same thing needs to happen with financial equality in the game.

sheer64
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by sheer64 » Sat 01 Sep, 2018 9:11 pm

Balmainian wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:
TigerSkins wrote:
Ferguson
Cronk
Nuisala
All departing

Morris
Hall

You forgot Angus Crichton at one mill per season wipes out Cronk and Ferguson. Not to mention the upgrades to Cordner and Mitchell. And they still need to buy a halfback.
Arise Sir Waste Anasta, Tool of the highest order!

Tiger Steve

Post by Tiger Steve » Sat 01 Sep, 2018 9:43 pm

momo&medo wrote:
Sat 01 Sep, 2018 8:21 pm
OutbackJack wrote:
Sat 01 Sep, 2018 7:57 pm
Tcat wrote:
Sat 01 Sep, 2018 4:50 pm
Hardly surprising. The roosters will keep buying and buying until they win a premiership. Hopefully they never do. No one likes them expect the players wallets and all players know that they sell their souls once they go there. You go there for a chance at a premiership and I cant really think of anyone that has left the club a better player. I know we just signed a young bloke from there, but hes not counted due to lack of 1st grade time.
A short history lesson.
Easts had a couple of seasons in the 1960s (???) where they just bought players so that other teams could not get them. Then they would just play them in reserve grade. I ***think ** d*** Thornett (League and Union international) was one of them, who they bought from Parramatta. Not long after that was when the League introduced the Salary Cap. This is many years ago and the old brain cells are a little dim and while the detail may be vague, the circumstances are pretty spot on. Seems not much has changed :)
Pretty much what Manly did also. Both painted by same brush.
But what goes around comes around and it came around for Manly and believe me it will come around for East’s. And I will be dancing on their graves.
Well I’m 51 and I want to see this happen before someone is dancing on mine!!! Cannot feel any joy for minor premiers. In my mind they are cheats. Their roster is ridiculous.
“Peanuts! Get ya peanuts - in the shell or sugar coated!” Leichhardt memories.

marzie

Post by marzie » Sat 01 Sep, 2018 9:53 pm

Since when is Cronk retiring? Must have missed it

TigerTiger

Post by TigerTiger » Sat 01 Sep, 2018 10:03 pm

Yeah Cronk is signed for 2019 as well was my understanding.

He was meant to be leaving Roosters when young Nathan went off contract, and really the budging Roosters are favourites to snatch him up. But is Cronk leaving early? Has anyone heard that?
A one eyed supporter, mostly :crazy, always :sign:

momo&medo

Post by momo&medo » Sat 01 Sep, 2018 10:04 pm

marzie wrote:
Sat 01 Sep, 2018 9:53 pm
Since when is Cronk retiring? Must have missed it
As soon as they sign a $1M a year replacement!

Balmainian

Post by Balmainian » Sat 01 Sep, 2018 10:07 pm

TigerTiger wrote:
Sat 01 Sep, 2018 10:03 pm
Yeah Cronk is signed for 2019 as well was my understanding.

He was meant to be leaving Roosters when young Nathan went off contract, and really the budging Roosters are favourites to snatch him up. But is Cronk leaving early? Has anyone heard that?
Sorry that’s my fault I not sure how I got that wrong.

Post by 851 » Sat 01 Sep, 2018 10:12 pm

sheer64 wrote:
Sat 01 Sep, 2018 9:11 pm
Balmainian wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:
TigerSkins wrote:
Ferguson
Cronk
Nuisala
All departing

Morris
Hall

You forgot Angus Crichton at one mill per season wipes out Cronk and Ferguson. Not to mention the upgrades to Cordner and Mitchell. And they still need to buy a halfback.
Spot on, plus upgrade of Manu as well, and last year they told anyone who would listen that Fergo was on a heavilly reduced contract due to off field behaviour. ( $280k).
Now he is leaving he cant suddenly be on $700k, the NRL are too scared to act, god forbid uncle Nick not getting his way
Go hard or go home

Tcat

Post by Tcat » Sun 02 Sep, 2018 9:36 am

It really is funny to see how far the Roosters will push the envelope or should I say brown paper bag in order to create a supreme side. Anyone that actually believes that the Roosters aren't doing anything dodgy on the side has rocks in their head.

Spud Murphy

Post by Spud Murphy » Sun 02 Sep, 2018 9:47 am

851 wrote:
Sat 01 Sep, 2018 10:12 pm
sheer64 wrote:
Balmainian wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:

Ferguson
Cronk
Nuisala
All departing

Morris
Hall

Spot on, plus upgrade of Manu as well, and last year they told anyone who would listen that Fergo was on a heavilly reduced contract due to off field behaviour. ( $280k).
Now he is leaving he cant suddenly be on $700k, the NRL are too scared to act, god forbid uncle Nick not getting his way
Have a feeling they might end up off loading Matterson and Friend to make this happen. Then again, it is the Roosters so they'll probably be able to keep them all and still sign Tapau!

yeti

Post by yeti » Sun 02 Sep, 2018 10:01 am

Spud Murphy wrote:
Sun 02 Sep, 2018 9:47 am
851 wrote:
Sat 01 Sep, 2018 10:12 pm
sheer64 wrote:
Balmainian wrote:

Ferguson
Cronk
Nuisala
All departing

Morris
Hall

Have a feeling they might end up off loading Matterson and Friend to make this happen. Then again, it is the Roosters so they'll probably be able to keep them all and still sign Tapau!
Undoubtedly. They had enough left to have kept Pearce!

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by jadtiger » Sun 02 Sep, 2018 10:34 am

2 clubs winning the minor premiership 7 out of the last 8 years highlights the unfairness and failures of the NRL in enforcing a "level" playing field.The fact that 1 of those clubs is now being linked to getting another high profile player shouldnt surprise anyone.
As always Greenberg and his fellow incompetents will just nod their heads and let it happen

mtd

Post by mtd » Sun 02 Sep, 2018 11:44 am

gallagher wrote:
Sat 01 Sep, 2018 2:50 pm
So it doesn't sound like they are cheating the cap. It sounds like they are smart to me.

Carefactor

Post by Carefactor » Sun 02 Sep, 2018 2:10 pm

Cronks not leaving... 2 year contract .

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 02 Sep, 2018 2:16 pm

Carefactor wrote:
Sun 02 Sep, 2018 2:10 pm
Cronks not leaving... 2 year contract .
If he wants to retire, he’ll retire.