Ryan Matterson signs Offical

User avatar
swag tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 2618
Joined: Wed 11 Nov, 2015 2:58 pm
Location: tiger island

Ryan Matterson signs Offical

Post by swag tiger » Tue 11 Sep, 2018 3:56 pm

Matterson now official as per club email

Wests Tigers are pleased to announce the signing of back rower Ryan Matterson for the coming three seasons.

The new agreement will see talented young forward join Wests Tigers in 2019 and remain with the club until at least the end of the 2021 season.

The 23-year-old has played 57 first-grade games since making his debut for the Sydney Roosters in 2016.

A standout junior representative player, Matterson played for both the NSW U/20's and Junior Kangaroos in 2014, before making his senior representative debut for City Origin in 2016.

Wests Tigers Head Coach Ivan Cleary said he looked forward to working with Matterson.

"Ryan is a talented young man and we're very pleased to have him join the club next season," said Cleary.

"He has developed in to a quality forward since his debut and we're looking forward to seeing him grow further at Wests Tigers over the next three years."

Wests Tigers CEO Justin Pascoe echoed Cleary's comments as he welcomed Matterson to the club.

"Ryan is another excellent addition to our playing squad and we're all looking forward to having him for the coming three seasons," said Pascoe. "We've worked hard to bring players to the club who will have an impact on and off the field and Ryan is another great example of this."

Matterson will join Wests Tigers for pre-season training in November ahead of the 2019 season.

https://www.weststigers.com.au/news/201 ... matterson/

Posted at 3:44pm
11/8/2018
Last edited by swag tiger on Tue 11 Sep, 2018 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I have family in Balmain and the Western suburbs so i guess that makes me a Balmain Westie

Winner of FIFA world cup LMS 2018 Winner of WTF Draft 2


User avatar
851
Member
Member
Posts: 6428
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 6:38 pm

Post by 851 » Tue 11 Sep, 2018 3:59 pm

swag tiger wrote:
Tue 11 Sep, 2018 3:56 pm
Matterson now official as per club email

Wests Tigers are pleased to announce the signing of back rower Ryan Matterson for the coming three seasons.

The new agreement will see talented young forward join Wests Tigers in 2019 and remain with the club until at least the end of the 2021 season.

The 23-year-old has played 57 first-grade games since making his debut for the Sydney Roosters in 2016.

A standout junior representative player, Matterson played for both the NSW U/20's and Junior Kangaroos in 2014, before making his senior representative debut for City Origin in 2016.

Wests Tigers Head Coach Ivan Cleary said he looked forward to working with Matterson.

"Ryan is a talented young man and we're very pleased to have him join the club next season," said Cleary.

"He has developed in to a quality forward since his debut and we're looking forward to seeing him grow further at Wests Tigers over the next three years."

Wests Tigers CEO Justin Pascoe echoed Cleary's comments as he welcomed Matterson to the club.

"Ryan is another excellent addition to our playing squad and we're all looking forward to having him for the coming three seasons," said Pascoe. "We've worked hard to bring players to the club who will have an impact on and off the field and Ryan is another great example of this."

Matterson will join Wests Tigers for pre-season training in November ahead of the 2019 season.

https://www.weststigers.com.au/news/201 ... matterson/

Past at 3:44pm
11/8/2018
That is a little piece of info right there
Go hard or go home

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 41154
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by happy tiger » Tue 11 Sep, 2018 4:04 pm

Who manages Ryan Matterson ??

User avatar
vlad
Member
Member
Posts: 925
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 7:56 pm

Post by vlad » Tue 11 Sep, 2018 4:10 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Tue 11 Sep, 2018 4:04 pm
Who manages Ryan Matterson ??
Pacific Sports Management

Aka the Orr Brothers

User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 22673
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm

Post by GNR4LIFE » Tue 11 Sep, 2018 4:22 pm

As expected. Still think a back will be announced shortly too. Id rule out Toupu as he would have been announced too. My guess Matterson was announced this week because the Roosters have the week off. Could be way off, but i think we'll announce Feki too when Cronulla's season is over.


jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 3483
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 8:12 am
Location: bayview

Post by jadtiger » Tue 11 Sep, 2018 4:33 pm

851 wrote:
Tue 11 Sep, 2018 3:59 pm
swag tiger wrote:
Tue 11 Sep, 2018 3:56 pm
Matterson now official as per club email

Wests Tigers are pleased to announce the signing of back rower Ryan Matterson for the coming three seasons.

The new agreement will see talented young forward join Wests Tigers in 2019 and remain with the club until at least the end of the 2021 season.

The 23-year-old has played 57 first-grade games since making his debut for the Sydney Roosters in 2016.

A standout junior representative player, Matterson played for both the NSW U/20's and Junior Kangaroos in 2014, before making his senior representative debut for City Origin in 2016.

Wests Tigers Head Coach Ivan Cleary said he looked forward to working with Matterson.

"Ryan is a talented young man and we're very pleased to have him join the club next season," said Cleary.

"He has developed in to a quality forward since his debut and we're looking forward to seeing him grow further at Wests Tigers over the next three years."

Wests Tigers CEO Justin Pascoe echoed Cleary's comments as he welcomed Matterson to the club.

"Ryan is another excellent addition to our playing squad and we're all looking forward to having him for the coming three seasons," said Pascoe. "We've worked hard to bring players to the club who will have an impact on and off the field and Ryan is another great example of this."

Matterson will join Wests Tigers for pre-season training in November ahead of the 2019 season.

https://www.weststigers.com.au/news/201 ... matterson/

Past at 3:44pm
11/8/2018
That is a little piece of info right there
Yes but the men in the tin foil hats will claim that it dosent say that Ivan will "COACH Matterson from 2019 onwards"

User avatar
851
Member
Member
Posts: 6428
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 6:38 pm

Post by 851 » Tue 11 Sep, 2018 4:33 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Tue 11 Sep, 2018 4:22 pm
As expected. Still think a back will be announced shortly too. Id rule out Toupu as he would have been announced too. My guess Matterson was announced this week because the Roosters have the week off. Could be way off, but i think we'll announce Feki too when Cronulla's season is over.
Hope so, he has been in great form, and is a left winger, we badly need a left winger
Go hard or go home

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 3483
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 8:12 am
Location: bayview

Post by jadtiger » Tue 11 Sep, 2018 4:33 pm

851 wrote:
Tue 11 Sep, 2018 4:33 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Tue 11 Sep, 2018 4:22 pm
As expected. Still think a back will be announced shortly too. Id rule out Toupu as he would have been announced too. My guess Matterson was announced this week because the Roosters have the week off. Could be way off, but i think we'll announce Feki too when Cronulla's season is over.
Hope so, he has been in great form, and is a left winger, we badly need a left winger
Agreed

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 41154
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by happy tiger » Tue 11 Sep, 2018 4:35 pm

vlad wrote:
Tue 11 Sep, 2018 4:10 pm
happy tiger wrote:
Tue 11 Sep, 2018 4:04 pm
Who manages Ryan Matterson ??
Pacific Sports Management

Aka the Orr Brothers
Thanks Vlad

larrycorowa
Member
Member
Posts: 2108
Joined: Fri 19 Feb, 2010 1:47 pm

Post by larrycorowa » Tue 11 Sep, 2018 4:41 pm

Good signing, plenty of upside

westy81
Member
Member
Posts: 830
Joined: Tue 21 Jun, 2011 1:29 am

Post by westy81 » Tue 11 Sep, 2018 4:46 pm

Welcome to the family matterson
GO THE TIGERS !!!!

User avatar
swag tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 2618
Joined: Wed 11 Nov, 2015 2:58 pm
Location: tiger island

Post by swag tiger » Tue 11 Sep, 2018 4:49 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Tue 11 Sep, 2018 4:22 pm
As expected. Still think a back will be announced shortly too. Id rule out Toupu as he would have been announced too. My guess Matterson was announced this week because the Roosters have the week off. Could be way off, but i think we'll announce Feki too when Cronulla's season is over.
Would mind either tbh.
I have family in Balmain and the Western suburbs so i guess that makes me a Balmain Westie

Winner of FIFA world cup LMS 2018 Winner of WTF Draft 2

User avatar
TSupps05
Member
Member
Posts: 235
Joined: Fri 17 Jun, 2016 9:29 pm

Post by TSupps05 » Tue 11 Sep, 2018 4:55 pm

jadtiger wrote:
Tue 11 Sep, 2018 4:33 pm
851 wrote:
Tue 11 Sep, 2018 4:33 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Tue 11 Sep, 2018 4:22 pm
As expected. Still think a back will be announced shortly too. Id rule out Toupu as he would have been announced too. My guess Matterson was announced this week because the Roosters have the week off. Could be way off, but i think we'll announce Feki too when Cronulla's season is over.
Hope so, he has been in great form, and is a left winger, we badly need a left winger
Agreed
Feki would be amazing if we got him
I don't know why but Braith Anasta pisses me off :mrgreen:

criwdfluffer
Member
Member
Posts: 548
Joined: Mon 15 Feb, 2016 9:34 am

Post by criwdfluffer » Tue 11 Sep, 2018 4:57 pm

Brilliant signing, we now have dangerous runners on both edges.

Giddyup.

Cant wait to have him in my SC team as well.

User avatar
Demps
Member
Member
Posts: 8268
Joined: Sat 29 Jan, 2011 2:31 pm
Location: Newcastle

Post by Demps » Tue 11 Sep, 2018 5:09 pm

Great!
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

Snake
Member
Member
Posts: 5175
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 5:37 pm

Post by Snake » Tue 11 Sep, 2018 5:23 pm

A Top line player at long last .... :righton:

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 41154
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by happy tiger » Tue 11 Sep, 2018 5:29 pm

Best back row forward signing since Ellis

will1999
Member
Member
Posts: 953
Joined: Wed 16 Nov, 2016 2:52 am

Post by will1999 » Tue 11 Sep, 2018 5:34 pm

Roosters have now announced the signing of Martin Taupau lol

Post Reply