Penrith's Tyrone Peachey confirms he wants out of Gold Coast Titans contract

TYGA
Member
Member
Posts: 2312
Joined: Sat 23 May, 2015 11:17 pm

Re: Penrith's Tyrone Peachey confirms he wants out of Gold Coast Titans contract

Post by TYGA » Thu 13 Sep, 2018 11:14 pm

It’s simple he is a better centre than anyone on our roster Marsters included. Probably a better 5/8 than Reynolds or Marshall and would probably be as good as either Lawrence or Matterson in the second row.
Class footy player invaluable but it won’t happen we don’t sign origin level players. Size means nothing kid can play.


happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 41168
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by happy tiger » Thu 13 Sep, 2018 11:17 pm

TonyTiger wrote:
Thu 13 Sep, 2018 9:49 pm
willow wrote:
Thu 13 Sep, 2018 9:38 pm
TonyTiger wrote:
Thu 13 Sep, 2018 8:50 pm
The Patriot wrote:
Thu 13 Sep, 2018 7:34 pm


Where would you play him?
Left Right Out
The adults were trying to have a conversation :crazy
Still admiring yourself in the mirror I see.
I don’t rate Peachey and I think we would benefit from more size in that position so I reserve the right to comment.
You’re not setting a good example by bullying people - others might think you’re the Pied Piper but not me.
I suppose the question is this

How many players do we want with no true position

User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 22675
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm

Post by GNR4LIFE » Fri 14 Sep, 2018 6:34 am

Rumour going round there could be a player swap between him and Maloney. Much more appealing than a swap with McQueen.

User avatar
willow
Member
Member
Posts: 33104
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:28 pm
Location: The Village

Post by willow » Fri 14 Sep, 2018 7:32 am

The plot thickens...

Peachey's manager accused of trying to renegotiate Titans deal
By Adrian Proszenko
13 September 2018 — 8:00pm

The Gold Coast have slammed suggestions Tyrone Peachey is seeking to stay in Sydney on compassionate grounds after revealing his manager has been trying to renegotiate his Titans contract to make it longer and more lucrative.

The Titans signed Peachey on a three-year deal in March after Penrith granted him permission to negotiate with rival clubs despite being contracted until the end of next year. Peachey was subsequently selected as part of the NSW side that won a rare State of Origin series victory, although his contribution was limited from the bench. There have been rumours about Peachey wanting out of the deal ever since, with the star utility this week conceding he was having second thoughts about the shift north.

The 23-year-old said he was settled at the foot of the mountains and would struggle to move away from his family network just as his partner was expecting their second child. However, Titans officials believe Peachey is playing the welfare card in a bid to extract more money from them.

"Its difficult to reconcile this as a welfare issue, when for the past few months Tyrone's management has been trying to negotiate a contract upgrade and term extension,” Titans CEO Graham Annesley told Fairfax Media.

“If it was a genuine welfare issue, why would anyone be seeking an even longer term than already agreed? If we had simply agreed to the requested upgrade, which we can't for [salary] cap reasons, this would never have become a public issue".


Peachey’s stocks have risen after his Origin debut and there is a belief he was under sold when he signed a contract before his rise to representative level. It has now emerged via Annesley that his agent Sam Ayoub has been attempting to extend Peachey’s stay on the Gold Coast on an upgraded four-year deal that is significantly more lucrative than the contract he signed earlier in the year.

Ayoub did not return calls on Thursday.

The Titans won’t be budging from the initial contract, meaning Peachey will have to sit out the next three years if he refuses to honour his commitment.

"Imagine what would happen if we went back to any player six months after signing a contract to say we think we paid too much for you so we'd like to reduce the term and value of your contract,” Annesley said.

“There would be a riot."

Penrith can’t afford to keep Peachey as they try to free up the salary space required to make Nathan Cleary their franchise player. The Panthers have already released Corey Harawira-Naera to Canterbury before his contract expired as they prepare to table a multi-million dollar deal to halfback Cleary.

The Titans, knowing the Panthers were under salary cap pressure, had enquired whether they would be prepared to release James Maloney. However, Panthers supremo Phil Gould declared Maloney was not for sale.

‘‘The Gold Coast came back some months later recently and said we’re prepared to do a trade,’’ Gould told the Six Tackles with Gus podcast.

‘‘They said we wouldn’t mind having James Maloney at the Gold Coast, you can keep Tyrone Peachey and we’ll take James Maloney because we’d like a player of his experience.

‘‘And I said James Maloney’s not for sale.’’

It’s understood the Titans believed they could accommodate both Peachey and Maloney and did not intend to swap them.

Parramatta and Wests Tigers are watching the Peachey situation with interest. The Tigers still have money in their cap and Peachey has history with Tigers coach Ivan Cleary and CEO Justin Pascoe. The Eels are also looking to revamp their roster and would be prepared to trade players to make it happen.

However, the Titans will be playing hard ball and Peachey has conceded there is still a strong chance he will end up on the glitter strip.

User avatar
Masterton
Member
Member
Posts: 2535
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 6:57 pm

Post by Masterton » Fri 14 Sep, 2018 7:32 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Fri 14 Sep, 2018 6:34 am
Rumour going round there could be a player swap between him and Maloney. Much more appealing than a swap with McQueen.
https://www.sbs.com.au/news/titans-soug ... y-deal-gus
"I was on the bus before you painted it yellow."


NT Tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 3139
Joined: Sun 28 Apr, 2013 9:00 am
Location: Sitting in front of the computer (again)

Post by NT Tiger » Fri 14 Sep, 2018 7:43 am

Peachy is beginning to look like Mitch Moses.
"Quality Stupidity"

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 3483
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 8:12 am
Location: bayview

Post by jadtiger » Fri 14 Sep, 2018 7:51 am

NT Tiger wrote:
Fri 14 Sep, 2018 7:43 am
Peachy is beginning to look like Mitch Moses.
I must admit he is not doing himself any favours at the moment, his manager is only making the waters murkier as well

User avatar
steve-o
Member
Member
Posts: 1965
Joined: Tue 14 Sep, 2010 4:27 pm
Location: Toronto, Ontario

Post by steve-o » Fri 14 Sep, 2018 8:36 am

I love that Annesley called out Ayoub
Year of last finals appearance:
2018 - Roosters, Storm, Rabbitohs, Sharks, Panthers, Broncos, Dragons, Warriors
2017 - Eels, Sea Eagles, Cowboys
2016 - Raiders, Bulldogs, Titans
2013 - Knights
2011 - Tigers

Balmainbred
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 300
Joined: Wed 17 May, 2017 4:33 pm

Post by Balmainbred » Fri 14 Sep, 2018 10:03 am

Good on the coast for standing there ground. But on the other hand Peachey would look the part in a tigers jumper.

bathursttiger
Member
Member
Posts: 2868
Joined: Thu 02 Dec, 2010 5:21 pm

Post by bathursttiger » Fri 14 Sep, 2018 10:28 am

happy tiger wrote:
Thu 13 Sep, 2018 1:12 pm
innsaneink wrote:
Thu 13 Sep, 2018 12:42 pm
Iook... hap thinks he knows something
Mate I'm Sargent Schultz , I know nothing .....suddenly a potential Penrith half has a massive about face ........... 2+2=4 possibly
Only if you passed 3rd grade.

User avatar
TigerTiger
Member
Member
Posts: 578
Joined: Tue 13 Jun, 2017 4:56 pm

Post by TigerTiger » Fri 14 Sep, 2018 1:48 pm

steve-o wrote:
Fri 14 Sep, 2018 8:36 am
I love that Annesley called out Ayoub
Even though he's an ex-ref, Annesley has much more credibility here than Ayoub. Good on him for going public.

If Peachey feels he was undersold by his manager, sack the manager. If he keeps up trying to renegotiate, he will just make his appointment at the Titans untenable, and paint him with a 'high maintenance'' brush in the eyes of other clubs. Except the Eels, they tend to like the high risk/bad attitude type of player.
A one eyed supporter, mostly :crazy, always :sign:

Kerry Cogger
Member
Member
Posts: 224
Joined: Wed 04 Jul, 2018 6:38 pm

Post by Kerry Cogger » Fri 14 Sep, 2018 3:35 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Thu 13 Sep, 2018 1:12 pm
innsaneink wrote:
Thu 13 Sep, 2018 12:42 pm
Iook... hap thinks he knows something
Mate I'm Sargent Schultz , I know nothing .....suddenly a potential Penrith half has a massive about face ........... 2+2=4 possibly

How dare you.How incredibly insensitive.Your invading my safe space.Back up you bully.

TonyTiger
Member
Member
Posts: 369
Joined: Mon 04 Dec, 2017 12:41 pm

Post by TonyTiger » Fri 14 Sep, 2018 9:27 pm

willow wrote:
Fri 14 Sep, 2018 7:32 am
The plot thickens...

Peachey's manager accused of trying to renegotiate Titans deal
By Adrian Proszenko
13 September 2018 — 8:00pm

The Gold Coast have slammed suggestions Tyrone Peachey is seeking to stay in Sydney on compassionate grounds after revealing his manager has been trying to renegotiate his Titans contract to make it longer and more lucrative.

The Titans signed Peachey on a three-year deal in March after Penrith granted him permission to negotiate with rival clubs despite being contracted until the end of next year. Peachey was subsequently selected as part of the NSW side that won a rare State of Origin series victory, although his contribution was limited from the bench. There have been rumours about Peachey wanting out of the deal ever since, with the star utility this week conceding he was having second thoughts about the shift north.

The 23-year-old said he was settled at the foot of the mountains and would struggle to move away from his family network just as his partner was expecting their second child. However, Titans officials believe Peachey is playing the welfare card in a bid to extract more money from them.

"Its difficult to reconcile this as a welfare issue, when for the past few months Tyrone's management has been trying to negotiate a contract upgrade and term extension,” Titans CEO Graham Annesley told Fairfax Media.

“If it was a genuine welfare issue, why would anyone be seeking an even longer term than already agreed? If we had simply agreed to the requested upgrade, which we can't for [salary] cap reasons, this would never have become a public issue".


Peachey’s stocks have risen after his Origin debut and there is a belief he was under sold when he signed a contract before his rise to representative level. It has now emerged via Annesley that his agent Sam Ayoub has been attempting to extend Peachey’s stay on the Gold Coast on an upgraded four-year deal that is significantly more lucrative than the contract he signed earlier in the year.

Ayoub did not return calls on Thursday.

The Titans won’t be budging from the initial contract, meaning Peachey will have to sit out the next three years if he refuses to honour his commitment.

"Imagine what would happen if we went back to any player six months after signing a contract to say we think we paid too much for you so we'd like to reduce the term and value of your contract,” Annesley said.

“There would be a riot."

Penrith can’t afford to keep Peachey as they try to free up the salary space required to make Nathan Cleary their franchise player. The Panthers have already released Corey Harawira-Naera to Canterbury before his contract expired as they prepare to table a multi-million dollar deal to halfback Cleary.

The Titans, knowing the Panthers were under salary cap pressure, had enquired whether they would be prepared to release James Maloney. However, Panthers supremo Phil Gould declared Maloney was not for sale.

‘‘The Gold Coast came back some months later recently and said we’re prepared to do a trade,’’ Gould told the Six Tackles with Gus podcast.

‘‘They said we wouldn’t mind having James Maloney at the Gold Coast, you can keep Tyrone Peachey and we’ll take James Maloney because we’d like a player of his experience.

‘‘And I said James Maloney’s not for sale.’’

It’s understood the Titans believed they could accommodate both Peachey and Maloney and did not intend to swap them.

Parramatta and Wests Tigers are watching the Peachey situation with interest. The Tigers still have money in their cap and Peachey has history with Tigers coach Ivan Cleary and CEO Justin Pascoe. The Eels are also looking to revamp their roster and would be prepared to trade players to make it happen.

However, the Titans will be playing hard ball and Peachey has conceded there is still a strong chance he will end up on the glitter strip.
I rely on Ray Hadley to read The Daily Telegraph word for word over the airwaves.. don’t need a double dose.

User avatar
The Patriot
Member
Member
Posts: 2316
Joined: Fri 16 Feb, 2018 8:39 am

Post by The Patriot » Fri 14 Sep, 2018 9:45 pm

Played like a guy with contract issues
Its an opinion!

User avatar
Masterton
Member
Member
Posts: 2535
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 6:57 pm

Post by Masterton » Fri 14 Sep, 2018 9:53 pm

The Patriot wrote:
Fri 14 Sep, 2018 9:45 pm
Played like a guy with contract issues
I missed the first half, but he looked strong in 2nd half. Was he bad in the first?
"I was on the bus before you painted it yellow."

User avatar
The Patriot
Member
Member
Posts: 2316
Joined: Fri 16 Feb, 2018 8:39 am

Post by The Patriot » Fri 14 Sep, 2018 10:00 pm

Masterton wrote:
Fri 14 Sep, 2018 9:53 pm
The Patriot wrote:
Fri 14 Sep, 2018 9:45 pm
Played like a guy with contract issues
I missed the first half, but he looked strong in 2nd half. Was he bad in the first?
Ok so this comment falls under the "body language" category but to me he just didnt seem his normal self.
Its an opinion!

User avatar
Harvey
Member
Member
Posts: 3747
Joined: Mon 22 Jun, 2015 10:01 pm
Location: Leumeah

Post by Harvey » Sat 15 Sep, 2018 9:10 am

TonyTiger wrote:
Fri 14 Sep, 2018 9:27 pm
willow wrote:
Fri 14 Sep, 2018 7:32 am
The plot thickens...

Peachey's manager accused of trying to renegotiate Titans deal
By Adrian Proszenko
13 September 2018 — 8:00pm

The Gold Coast have slammed suggestions Tyrone Peachey is seeking to stay in Sydney on compassionate grounds after revealing his manager has been trying to renegotiate his Titans contract to make it longer and more lucrative.

The Titans signed Peachey on a three-year deal in March after Penrith granted him permission to negotiate with rival clubs despite being contracted until the end of next year. Peachey was subsequently selected as part of the NSW side that won a rare State of Origin series victory, although his contribution was limited from the bench. There have been rumours about Peachey wanting out of the deal ever since, with the star utility this week conceding he was having second thoughts about the shift north.

The 23-year-old said he was settled at the foot of the mountains and would struggle to move away from his family network just as his partner was expecting their second child. However, Titans officials believe Peachey is playing the welfare card in a bid to extract more money from them.

"Its difficult to reconcile this as a welfare issue, when for the past few months Tyrone's management has been trying to negotiate a contract upgrade and term extension,” Titans CEO Graham Annesley told Fairfax Media.

“If it was a genuine welfare issue, why would anyone be seeking an even longer term than already agreed? If we had simply agreed to the requested upgrade, which we can't for [salary] cap reasons, this would never have become a public issue".


Peachey’s stocks have risen after his Origin debut and there is a belief he was under sold when he signed a contract before his rise to representative level. It has now emerged via Annesley that his agent Sam Ayoub has been attempting to extend Peachey’s stay on the Gold Coast on an upgraded four-year deal that is significantly more lucrative than the contract he signed earlier in the year.

Ayoub did not return calls on Thursday.

The Titans won’t be budging from the initial contract, meaning Peachey will have to sit out the next three years if he refuses to honour his commitment.

"Imagine what would happen if we went back to any player six months after signing a contract to say we think we paid too much for you so we'd like to reduce the term and value of your contract,” Annesley said.

“There would be a riot."

Penrith can’t afford to keep Peachey as they try to free up the salary space required to make Nathan Cleary their franchise player. The Panthers have already released Corey Harawira-Naera to Canterbury before his contract expired as they prepare to table a multi-million dollar deal to halfback Cleary.

The Titans, knowing the Panthers were under salary cap pressure, had enquired whether they would be prepared to release James Maloney. However, Panthers supremo Phil Gould declared Maloney was not for sale.

‘‘The Gold Coast came back some months later recently and said we’re prepared to do a trade,’’ Gould told the Six Tackles with Gus podcast.

‘‘They said we wouldn’t mind having James Maloney at the Gold Coast, you can keep Tyrone Peachey and we’ll take James Maloney because we’d like a player of his experience.

‘‘And I said James Maloney’s not for sale.’’

It’s understood the Titans believed they could accommodate both Peachey and Maloney and did not intend to swap them.

Parramatta and Wests Tigers are watching the Peachey situation with interest. The Tigers still have money in their cap and Peachey has history with Tigers coach Ivan Cleary and CEO Justin Pascoe. The Eels are also looking to revamp their roster and would be prepared to trade players to make it happen.

However, the Titans will be playing hard ball and Peachey has conceded there is still a strong chance he will end up on the glitter strip.
I rely on Ray Hadley to read The Daily Telegraph word for word over the airwaves.. don’t need a double dose.
When did Ray learn to read?

User avatar
Swordy
Member
Member
Posts: 1955
Joined: Fri 02 Jul, 2010 9:34 pm

Post by Swordy » Sat 15 Sep, 2018 10:50 am

Hmm.. Yet the same name in the mix stirring the pot and showing no class or integrity whatsoever.

Sammy oh Sammy.
Sunshine Coast resident.
Tigers fan since birth in 1969.
Fond memories of Leichhardt Oval every home game as a kid with my Dad!

Post Reply