Conspiracy Theory

happy tiger

Conspiracy Theory

Post by happy tiger » Mon 24 Sep, 2018 9:17 pm

I have a Conspiracy Theory

Mentioned it once and it was laughed off

Think it is growing legs now

Stay with me

Ivan Cleary said during the whole Nathan Cleary process he didn't want to be making decisions on Nathan while he wasn't established And don't worry I agree wholeheartedly , you pick him after 2-3 bad games before he becomes a SOO player and it can create grumblings in a playing group , especially if they aren't winning

So it made me think , did Penrith actually sack IC or did IC ask to be let go knowing he had a role lined up with the NRL with the referees and then could come back at a later stage

The WT's job comes up and he thinks well , even better I can earn the same /same bucks as a coach , sign a couple of year contract knowing either 1/ I can go back to Penrith once NC makes it or 2/ Stay on at the WT's until things go pear shaped and give Nathan more time to establish himself 3/ IC gets the playing personnel at the WT's and he can then bring Nathan here worst /best case scenario

Now I have heard it from 3 different parties I trust in regards to IC extending his contract or best case

If he doesn't re-sign

1/ He coaches until end of 2019 if we can't get the next best coaches off the rank

2/ If we get the bloke we want from the Top 2 choices Ivan can unpack his crap off the bus and walk his ass back up the mountain and risk getting run over by the Japanese Princess

Or obviously he re-signs

I really think that the whole Penrith sacked IC is a complete load of malarkey in any circumstance

Thoughts ??

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Mon 24 Sep, 2018 9:21 pm

Get a hobby

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 24 Sep, 2018 9:24 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Mon 24 Sep, 2018 9:21 pm
Get a hobby
Annoying you is my favourite hobby Ink

Another hobby ......completely wasted .....

Glad you stopped for 3 minutes to actually consider the possibilities

greatodensraven

Post by greatodensraven » Mon 24 Sep, 2018 9:26 pm

Anything’s possible Happy. Was actually thinking today that the Panthers approached IC to take our minds off making a play for his son without actually wanting Snr as coach. Or that IC was behind the whole thing to ensure his son got s great deal knowing full well he was never going to leave the Tigers. Sheesh I’d do that for my daughter.

But then again it was a slow day at work today...

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Mon 24 Sep, 2018 9:31 pm

Bad batch of toads this week...
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..

TYGA

Post by TYGA » Mon 24 Sep, 2018 9:31 pm

Follow the money. It’s a reported 10m deal over 5 years. It’s Bellamy, Slater money in their prime. The media have overhyped them to the extreme.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 24 Sep, 2018 9:32 pm

greatodensraven wrote:
Mon 24 Sep, 2018 9:26 pm
Anything’s possible Happy. Was actually thinking today that the Panthers approached IC to take our minds off making a play for his son without actually wanting Snr as coach. Or that IC was behind the whole thing to ensure his son got s great deal knowing full well he was never going to leave the Tigers. Sheesh I’d do that for my daughter.

But then again it was a slow day at work today...
My point in all my comment was why did Ivan come out ( and why did he feel the need to come out )and say he didn't want to be making decisions about NC career before he was ready or established

It was in an interview , he wasn't asked the question ....he raised the point himself

He is a smart bloke don't get me wrong .....but he has pointed the finger / gun at himself with that point he raises ....

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 24 Sep, 2018 9:36 pm

Geo. wrote:
Mon 24 Sep, 2018 9:31 pm
I'll pose the same question I posed to Greatodensraven

Why bring it up ........it wasn't going to be an issue ...... he had already been picked to play SOO ..........he was basically an established 1st grader ............................. ??

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Mon 24 Sep, 2018 9:43 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Mon 24 Sep, 2018 9:36 pm
Geo. wrote:

Why bring it up ........it wasn't going to be an issue ...... he had already been picked to play SOO ..........he was basically an established 1st grader ............................. ??
Ok it was all part of Gus's 5 year plan now entering it's 9th year..

Needaname

Post by Needaname » Mon 24 Sep, 2018 10:00 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Mon 24 Sep, 2018 9:17 pm

Stay with me

Ivan Cleary said during the whole Nathan Cleary process he didn't want to be making decisions on Nathan while he wasn't established And don't worry I agree wholeheartedly , you pick him after 2-3 bad games before he becomes a SOO player and it can create grumblings in a playing group , especially if they aren't winning

So it made me think , did Penrith actually sack IC or did IC ask to be let go knowing he had a role lined up with the NRL with the referees and then could come back at a later stage

The WT's job comes up and he thinks well , even better I can earn the same /same bucks as a coach , sign a couple of year contract knowing either 1/ I can go back to Penrith once NC makes it or 2/ Stay on at the WT's until things go pear shaped and give Nathan more time to establish himself 3/ IC gets the playing personnel at the WT's and he can then bring Nathan here worst /best case scenario

Now I have heard it from 3 different parties I trust in regards to IC extending his contract or best case

If he doesn't re-sign

1/ He coaches until end of 2019 if we can't get the next best coaches off the rank

2/ If we get the bloke we want from the Top 2 choices Ivan can unpack his crap off the bus and walk his ass back up the mountain and risk getting run over by the Japanese Princess

Or obviously he re-signs

I really think that the whole Penrith sacked IC is a complete load of malarkey in any circumstance

Thoughts ??
Hmm he said it on 360. He has talked about coaching Nathan once his established removing the nepotism about it. I’m not so sure he had this thought when Nathan was 17 years old. His said it so himself around the time Nathan debuted that he wouldn’t have given him that opportunity so early.
It’s probably more recently that he has come to this realisation of wanting to coach him once his established.
If he had his time again I’m sure he would of loved to of remained the panthers coach till day dot and have the opportunity to debut his son.
I honestly believe the drama with Ivan Cleary and Trent Barrett got Ivan sacked. I think when he made the decision to sack Trent as an assistant coach of the Panthers he made that decision on his own and without the backing of Phil Gould.
That struggle of power between the two got him sacked.

Gus has also been quoted in an interview with Rothfield that he’ll happily take on a less involved role when the right person is available to take on the responsibility.

vlad

Post by vlad » Mon 24 Sep, 2018 10:10 pm

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 24 Sep, 2018 10:12 pm

Geo. wrote:
Mon 24 Sep, 2018 9:43 pm
happy tiger wrote:
Geo. wrote:

Math is proving an issue , Ivan was sacked 19th of October 2015

Nathan played NRL for Penrith 13 Rounds later Geo in 2016 v Melbourne , they lost 24-6

Coincidence ??

Penrith have an established coach in Griffin who has filled an entire off season with them for 2016 and is someone who is HAND PICKED by Gould as someone who Gould can control and is re-signed in the same year he was terminated FACT

Someone Gould can control HOW Nathan is coached until Nathan is ready to stand unaided ,Griffin admits in his own interview Gus like a lot of say in what happens on field )

And if Nathan fails , Gould blames Griffin and still sacks him after his assistant coach who is now the coach (more coincidence ) alleges he threatened to quit FACT

THIS IS ALL FACTS GEO , we have all seen this happen

So I will ask everyone again the same question I STILL DON"T HAVE A PLAUSIBLE ANSWER TO ............why did Ivan Cleary come out and tell us all after NC has played SOO that he was concerned coaching his son before he was established ????

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 24 Sep, 2018 10:19 pm

vlad wrote:
Mon 24 Sep, 2018 10:10 pm
nah Gus definitely sacked Ivan

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/phil-g ... kd20n.html
Sorry Vlad I respect your opinion mate , but one thing we know is Gus says what Gus wants the press and the fans to believe

Gus solely as a commentator not involved in an NRL club and Gus involved in the game as a coach or a football manager are two completely different beasts

His views on the game change to suit what his immediate needs are ........

And I'm one of Gus's biggest fans when he isn't involved directly with a football club

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by jadtiger » Mon 24 Sep, 2018 10:24 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Mon 24 Sep, 2018 10:19 pm
vlad wrote:
Mon 24 Sep, 2018 10:10 pm
nah Gus definitely sacked Ivan

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/phil-g ... kd20n.html
Sorry Vlad I respect your opinion mate , but one thing we know is Gus says what Gus wants the press and the fans to believe

Gus solely as a commentator not involved in an NRL club and Gus involved in the game as a coach or a football manager are two completely different beasts

His views on the game change to suit what his immediate needs are ........

And I'm one of Gus's biggest fans when he isn't involved directly with a football club
I agree with many of your posts happy but i am afraid i think you are wrong on this one

Russell

Post by Russell » Mon 24 Sep, 2018 10:32 pm

TYGA wrote:
Follow the money. It’s a reported 10m deal over 5 years. It’s Bellamy, Slater money in their prime. The media have overhyped them to the extreme.
Don't believe that - he is not worth half that figure.

bathursttiger

Post by bathursttiger » Mon 24 Sep, 2018 10:40 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Mon 24 Sep, 2018 9:17 pm

Stay with me

If he doesn't re-sign

Or obviously he re-signs

Thoughts ??
Hey Happy have you been sharing with BBF?

TSupps05

Post by TSupps05 » Mon 24 Sep, 2018 10:52 pm

My thought on this was that Penrith only approached Ivan so they could retain Nathan long term.

Now that they have signed Nathan, they can back off and let Ivan stay here!!
All aboard the Wayne Train :righton: :sign:

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Mon 24 Sep, 2018 10:56 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Mon 24 Sep, 2018 10:12 pm
Geo. wrote:
Mon 24 Sep, 2018 9:43 pm
happy tiger wrote:
Geo. wrote:

Math is proving an issue , Ivan was sacked 19th of October 2015

Nathan played NRL for Penrith 13 Rounds later Geo in 2016 v Melbourne , they lost 24-6

Coincidence ??

Penrith have an established coach in Griffin who has filled an entire off season with them for 2016 and is someone who is HAND PICKED by Gould as someone who Gould can control and is re-signed in the same year he was terminated FACT

Someone Gould can control HOW Nathan is coached until Nathan is ready to stand unaided ,Griffin admits in his own interview Gus like a lot of say in what happens on field )

And if Nathan fails , Gould blames Griffin and still sacks him after his assistant coach who is now the coach (more coincidence ) alleges he threatened to quit FACT

THIS IS ALL FACTS GEO , we have all seen this happen

So I will ask everyone again the same question I STILL DON"T HAVE A PLAUSIBLE ANSWER TO ............why did Ivan Cleary come out and tell us all after NC has played SOO that he was concerned coaching his son before he was established ????
:brick: Gus is in his 9th year at Penrith...