Hayne plane

Telltails

Re: Hayne plane

Post by Telltails » Tue 30 Oct, 2018 8:07 am

A bit over signing players past their best- especially one still trading on his past.
I use to think he was quite extraordinary now most of the time he is just ordinary.
Match payments only for me with incentives - which I doubt he would ever come to terms with, aside from the fact that Maguires reputation would have us a no go zone anyway.

Roar Power

Post by Roar Power » Tue 30 Oct, 2018 8:14 am

I dont know how anyone thinks Hayne and Madge could get on. One loves training, one hates training. Match not made in heaven....

NT Tiger

Post by NT Tiger » Tue 30 Oct, 2018 8:16 am

Roar Power wrote:
Tue 30 Oct, 2018 8:14 am
I dont know how anyone thinks Hayne and Madge could get on. One loves training, one hates training. Match not made in heaven....
Buy him a monogrammed hammock so he can watch training from the sidelines.
"Quality Stupidity"

The_Doc

Post by The_Doc » Tue 30 Oct, 2018 10:40 am

I'd be interested in him as a centre for around to under $600K at this stage of his career i dont think he's worth anymore. But apparently he's after more so for me its a no go but im not Madge or Pascoe.

WT2K

Post by WT2K » Tue 30 Oct, 2018 2:47 pm

THE Wests Tigers may yet throw Jarryd Hayne a 2019 lifeline as the NRL star continues to sweat on his future at Parramatta.
Tigers chief executive officer Justin Pascoe has kept the door ajar for Hayne to join the joint venture next season, admitting they had the salary cap space to fit in the two-time Dally M Medallist.

Hayne, 30, told AAP that he was resigned to leaving the Eels after a frustrating wait to earn a contract extension.

Parramatta’s NRL squad returns to training on Thursday but at this stage Hayne won’t be there as he is still without a contract for next season.

Asked if the Tigers could fit Hayne in under their cap, Pascoe told Sky Sports Radio: “We’ve got cap space there.

“We have two positions still to fill, we have 28 on our roster as we speak.

“We haven’t had any discussions about Jarryd at this point but he’s a quality player.”

The Eels have stated they still hoped to retain Hayne, but it is believed it is unlikely Parramatta can fit him in under their cap.

Hayne overcame a slow season start to become one of the Eels’ best, busting 32 tackles and scoring six tries in the last six games of the year.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... 2a6bd8e536
No more plodders!
:sign:

avocadoontoast

Post by avocadoontoast » Tue 30 Oct, 2018 2:52 pm

I'd absolutely take Hayne at the right price. Love him or hate him, he's a quality player.

razzledazzle

Post by razzledazzle » Tue 30 Oct, 2018 3:29 pm

Only at the right price - a price that doesn't make you think twice about dropping him to the reserves if he doesn't perform.

If Madge can get Hayne's head right, he is a genuine game breaker. Unfortunately, his head is usually up his own a**. It's all a mental thing with JH.

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Tue 30 Oct, 2018 3:40 pm

The problem with Hayne is that he's always been part of teams that rely heavily on him to bring them home. He's yet to play for a well rounded team that he can chip in with his class that he is renowned for.

Thing is, where do you play him?

- Does he go to centre and Momo goes to reggies or Esan to the second row?
- Does he go to FB and Mbye misses out or edges another expensive player in Grub out of the halves?

IMO centre or FB are the two positions I'd have him. Centre is the position we are most hard up for in class.

He'd want to be willing to be paid accordingly as well. He's not been the same player since returning from the NRL, and Maguire will cane him.
"This club means a lot to me and I really love this club, I love playing here, I love playing with all of the boys, it's what I've known for pretty much all of my life and I'm happy to be here." - Luke Brooks.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

NT Tiger

Post by NT Tiger » Tue 30 Oct, 2018 3:55 pm

I hope Maquire has better sense.
"Quality Stupidity"

Tiger Steve

Post by Tiger Steve » Tue 30 Oct, 2018 4:19 pm

No no no no no no no no no.

We are trying to rebuild a culture not tear one apart.

Walker for the centres would be good. Taupou for our forwards and unlike many, I wouldn’t be disappointed if we signed Merrin.
“Peanuts! Get ya peanuts - in the shell or sugar coated!” Leichhardt memories.

TSupps05

Post by TSupps05 » Tue 30 Oct, 2018 4:44 pm

If we miss out on Walker i would get Hayne and put him on the wing. He would be great there.
I don't know why but Braith Anasta pisses me off :mrgreen:

Wounded magpie

Post by Wounded magpie » Tue 30 Oct, 2018 4:52 pm

No thanks
Was once a great player.
May also be distracted by well documented pending legal matter in the USA

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Tue 30 Oct, 2018 5:20 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Tue 30 Oct, 2018 3:40 pm
The problem with Hayne is that he's always been part of teams that rely heavily on him to bring them home. He's yet to play for a well rounded team that he can chip in with his class that he is renowned for.

Thing is, where do you play him?

- Does he go to centre and Momo goes to reggies or Esan to the second row?
- Does he go to FB and Mbye misses out or edges another expensive player in Grub out of the halves?

IMO centre or FB are the two positions I'd have him. Centre is the position we are most hard up for in class.

He'd want to be willing to be paid accordingly as well. He's not been the same player since returning from the NRL, and Maguire will cane him.
Centre is where he would fit best for us...
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am
OK I was wrong
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 22 Nov, 2018 12:13 am
I know at times I'm not always the brightest light in the kitchen

clontarfkid

Post by clontarfkid » Tue 30 Oct, 2018 5:22 pm

Huge distraction WITHOUT the pending US court case....I wouldn't take him if he was free!
Madge way too smart to bring him on board

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Tue 30 Oct, 2018 5:31 pm

His latest form has been good, at least at some time he has had it, more than we can say about a lot of other players. Willie Mason turned out good in old age after diversions. At $500K-$600K he could make out pack. We have someone already in there to give him the evil eye if he is considered bludging .
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Tue 30 Oct, 2018 5:31 pm

Wounded magpie wrote:
Tue 30 Oct, 2018 4:52 pm
No thanks
Was once a great player.
May also be distracted by well documented pending legal matter in the USA
Thats pretty good point. He comes with a bit of bad press.

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by jadtiger » Tue 30 Oct, 2018 5:46 pm

I feel sick, no way in the world would i waste a contact on Hayne even if he was dirt cheap

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Tue 30 Oct, 2018 5:47 pm

Interesting Pascoe being ...I guess 'coy' might be the word im looking for...on the matter