Zane Musgrove

Tigerdon

Re: Zane Musgrove

Post by Tigerdon » Mon 12 Nov, 2018 9:02 pm

We do need more depth in the front row. Because Musgrove has been behind the Burgess Bros and has had injuries it's hard to tell how much impact he will have on our 17, if he is signed.
I hope he gets signed and makes the impact Prop role something special but I'd not holding my breath. I haven't seen enough of him at NRL level.
in Ivan we distrust

Tbone

Post by Tbone » Mon 12 Nov, 2018 9:13 pm

Dare I say it, he reminds me of a more versatile version of Ava S. Funguy

Nelson

Post by Nelson » Tue 13 Nov, 2018 2:32 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Mon 12 Nov, 2018 8:56 pm
He’s probably a slight upgrade on Jesse.
Sue finished 2018 well. I know he was playing for a contract but it showed that he has it in him. I think he’ll go well for the Dogs, certainly much better than Ava has done for the Sharks...

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Tue 13 Nov, 2018 2:39 pm

Next year will be the year for Jesse. He really needs to carry his form from this year, if he drops off again it'll be chalked up to playing for a contract.

Another retention and recruitment move clouded by Cleary's early exit. Thanks again ya jerk.
"This club means a lot to me and I really love this club, I love playing here, I love playing with all of the boys, it's what I've known for pretty much all of my life and I'm happy to be here." - Luke Brooks.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

Telltails

Post by Telltails » Tue 13 Nov, 2018 3:36 pm

Musgrave would be fine if the the two ahead of him play like starting props.
I hope Maguire gets Packer and Matulino playing like the enforcers they were meant to be instead of the cameo appearances they delivered this year.

Nelson

Post by Nelson » Tue 13 Nov, 2018 3:52 pm

Telltails wrote:
Tue 13 Nov, 2018 3:36 pm
I hope Maguire gets Packer and Matulino playing like the enforcers they were meant to be instead of the cameo appearances they delivered this year.
Maguire is more likely to want his middle forwards as the primary metre earners. The outside backs did a lot of grunt work in attack under Cleary. If we shift to driving up the middle third we should see more space for Brooks, Mbye and Liddle to showcase their speed.

I think we’ll see more out of Packer and Matulino under Maguire.

Telltails

Post by Telltails » Tue 13 Nov, 2018 3:58 pm

Nelson wrote:
Tue 13 Nov, 2018 3:52 pm
Telltails wrote:
Maguire is more likely to want his middle forwards as the primary metre earners. The outside backs did a lot of grunt work in attack under Cleary. If we shift to driving up the middle third we should see more space for Brooks, Mbye and Liddle to showcase their speed.

I think we’ll see more out of Packer and Matulino under Maguire.
Im sure we will.

magpiesteve

Post by magpiesteve » Tue 13 Nov, 2018 4:49 pm

I do not think Packer was fit last year. Often seen puffing after 10 minutes & rarely on for longer than 20. He seemed to lose fitness as the year went on.

TYGA

Post by TYGA » Tue 13 Nov, 2018 5:00 pm

Twal is the one to watch he will be our best prop next year. He will emerge as the number one prop with Packer as the leader of the pack. Matulino and Musgrave will come off the bench.

The biggest change will be a lock that makes metres it will make their life easier as our props are good tacklers they don’t need ET covering. ET suits teams with massive forwards like Manly.

The Patriot

Post by The Patriot » Tue 13 Nov, 2018 6:40 pm

ONLY 22.

For a prop with potential his age seals it for me. Would be a good signing!
Its an opinion!

Demps

Post by Demps » Tue 13 Nov, 2018 7:28 pm

I rate Musgrove.
Good signing if that's the case.

Twal is the man tho.

Not fussed on packer and Matz. Need to step their game up.
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

TonyTiger

Post by TonyTiger » Tue 13 Nov, 2018 8:32 pm

Telltails wrote:
You’re a hard task master, Packer & Matulino stood up this year in their first year - we didn’t exactly have the quickest backline to capitalise on their work up front,, plus the hooking position was a real problem in the front row until Robbie arrived!
The smiling assassin’s attitude didn’t help in the coaching stakes either, with his ‘close enough is good enough’ demeanour and hiding behind his self instilled 5 year rebuilding excuses.
Add a more aggressive coach this year with a plan for immediate success we’ll all be on the same page, especially with some strategic signings.

TonyTiger

Post by TonyTiger » Tue 13 Nov, 2018 8:38 pm

Demps wrote:
Tue 13 Nov, 2018 7:28 pm
I rate Musgrove.
Good signing if that's the case.

Twal is the man tho.

Not fussed on packer and Matz. Need to step their game up.
✔️ Mushrove is just the tonic we need + Luke Garner the big improver next season.

avocadoontoast

Post by avocadoontoast » Tue 13 Nov, 2018 8:40 pm

TonyTiger wrote:
Tue 13 Nov, 2018 8:32 pm
Telltails wrote:
You’re a hard task master, Packer & Matulino stood up this year in their first year - we didn’t exactly have the quickest backline to capitalise on their work up front,, plus the hooking position was a real problem in the front row until Robbie arrived!
The smiling assassin’s attitude didn’t help in the coaching stakes either, with his ‘close enough is good enough’ demeanour and hiding behind his self instilled 5 year rebuilding excuses.
Add a more aggressive coach this year with a plan for immediate success we’ll all be on the same page, especially with some strategic signings.
Work up front? Packer barely cracked 50m a game all year.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Tue 13 Nov, 2018 8:43 pm

Yeah Avo...Packer was more like a pecker
He needs a rocket up him, they both do..we need more from them

TonyTiger

Post by TonyTiger » Tue 13 Nov, 2018 8:47 pm

avocadoontoast wrote:
Tue 13 Nov, 2018 8:40 pm
TonyTiger wrote:
Telltails wrote:
It’s not all about metres gained, the tough stuff unfortunately doesn’t get measured. Watch Packer closely, he’s a tenacious defender and craps across field making tackles that his team mates miss.

avocadoontoast

Post by avocadoontoast » Tue 13 Nov, 2018 9:04 pm

TonyTiger wrote:
Tue 13 Nov, 2018 8:47 pm
avocadoontoast wrote:
Tue 13 Nov, 2018 8:40 pm
TonyTiger wrote:
Telltails wrote:
It’s not all about metres gained, the tough stuff unfortunately doesn’t get measured. Watch Packer closely, he’s a tenacious defender and craps across field making tackles that his team mates miss.
I watched him very closely. Lots of front rowers are excellent defenders across the field and still make productive metres. Front rowers need to provide go forward and he provides none.

Tigerdon

Post by Tigerdon » Tue 13 Nov, 2018 10:04 pm

He doesn’t seem that big to me as a front rower. Not a JWH type. More like a Gavet ... am I wrong?
in Ivan we distrust