Zane Musgrove

Newtown
Member
Member
Posts: 5704
Joined: Fri 28 Sep, 2012 8:40 am

Re: Zane Musgrove

Post by Newtown » Wed 14 Nov, 2018 11:07 am

happy tiger wrote:
Wed 14 Nov, 2018 12:43 am
You all realize that Zane Musgrave is Michael Maguire's step son
Oh no, I hope he isn't building a bus similar to what Ivan Cleary used to head to Penrith.


User avatar
Cultured Bogan
Member
Member
Posts: 18311
Joined: Tue 15 Sep, 2009 11:20 pm
Location: Blue Mountains

Post by Cultured Bogan » Wed 14 Nov, 2018 11:24 am

Jesus Hap, you didn't even have to throw the hook in, they just jumped straight in the boat haha...
"This club means a lot to me and I really love this club, I love playing here, I love playing with all of the boys, it's what I've known for pretty much all of my life and I'm happy to be here." - Luke Brooks.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

User avatar
WT2K
Member
Member
Posts: 4224
Joined: Thu 04 May, 2017 5:18 pm

Post by WT2K » Wed 14 Nov, 2018 11:27 am

happy tiger wrote:
Wed 14 Nov, 2018 12:43 am
You all realize that Zane Musgrave is Michael Maguire's step son
🎣 Looks like you caught yourself a few, happy 😂
No more plodders!
:sign:

User avatar
Spartan117
Member
Member
Posts: 6025
Joined: Wed 07 Oct, 2009 4:22 pm
Location: Picnic Point, Sydney

Post by Spartan117 » Wed 14 Nov, 2018 11:28 am

Are we still allowed to use the Bus analogy???

Can someone check with CEO Pascoe ASAP please

User avatar
jirskyr
Member
Member
Posts: 6166
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 12:00 pm

Post by jirskyr » Wed 14 Nov, 2018 11:34 am

Telltails wrote:
Tue 13 Nov, 2018 10:39 pm
TonyTiger wrote:
Tue 13 Nov, 2018 8:32 pm
Telltails wrote:
Tue 13 Nov, 2018 3:36 pm
Musgrave would be fine if the the two ahead of him play like starting props.
I hope Maguire gets Packer and Matulino playing like the enforcers they were meant to be instead of the cameo appearances they delivered this year.
You’re a hard task master, Packer & Matulino stood up this year in their first year - we didn’t exactly have the quickest backline to capitalise on their work up front,, plus the hooking position was a real problem in the front row until Robbie arrived!
The smiling assassin’s attitude didn’t help in the coaching stakes either, with his ‘close enough is good enough’ demeanour and hiding behind his self instilled 5 year rebuilding excuses.
Add a more aggressive coach this year with a plan for immediate success we’ll all be on the same page, especially with some strategic signings.
Cant agree Tony. As far as workload goes they got it easy compared to most other starting props in the comp imo - and were completely dominated at the backend of the year giving us no chance of competeing in the finals.
They may have been carrying injury, and or following tactics as some have argued, but I am hoping Maguire gets alot more metres, tackles, and time on the park from them both this year.
I don't know, I think it's too easy and careless to overly criticise Packer and Matulino for 2018. I personally don't believe that the "metres made" metric is the be-all of props, and what I find interesting is that many people criticise Packerlino for not making enough metres, but then people criticised Woods for making lots of metres, but "being too slow in the play the ball" and making too many ineffective tackles.

Sure, the ideal prop makes 40 tackles per game and 100+ metres, but how many NRL props actually average that over a year, whilst also ensuring low errors, quick PTB, some good offloads?

Tigers defence 2018 totally turned around - ended up 6th best defensive team, even allowing for two absolute blow-outs against Rabbits and Raiders. I feel Packerlino had a lot to do with that, with keeping the middle tight and keeping us in most games until the death.

Problem for me is they need support, and in 2018 they got very little of it. Hooth was pedestrian in attack but tradesman-like in defense and distribution - which is his job and I believe the limit of his ability. Twal was great in patches, but also patchy and needs a few more seasons to be that next-level prop. Sue was good for about 6 weeks at the end, Aloiai was terrific for about 10 minutes per game but couldn't stop dropping the footy. Grant was mostly useless, MCK tried hard but didn't contribute in the middle much, ET tackled like a demon but was dominated in most hitups. That leaves Lawrence doing his best to defend inside the halves and make edge runs and two nearly useless attacking players - Rochow and McQueen.

If the prop rotation was instead something like Packer, Matulino, Woods, Twal then you'd have something more. Look at Sharkies - they would normally open with Fifita, Prior and Gallen, then sub Woods and Bukuya, supported for 80 mins by Lewis and Graham. THAT is a forward pack and you don't end up leaving all the hitups to Fifita and Gallen.


Telltails
Member
Member
Posts: 2808
Joined: Fri 18 Apr, 2014 3:24 pm

Post by Telltails » Wed 14 Nov, 2018 4:38 pm

jirskyr wrote:
Wed 14 Nov, 2018 11:34 am
Telltails wrote:
Tue 13 Nov, 2018 10:39 pm
TonyTiger wrote:
Tue 13 Nov, 2018 8:32 pm
Telltails wrote:
Tue 13 Nov, 2018 3:36 pm
Musgrave would be fine if the the two ahead of him play like starting props.
I hope Maguire gets Packer and Matulino playing like the enforcers they were meant to be instead of the cameo appearances they delivered this year.
You’re a hard task master, Packer & Matulino stood up this year in their first year - we didn’t exactly have the quickest backline to capitalise on their work up front,, plus the hooking position was a real problem in the front row until Robbie arrived!
The smiling assassin’s attitude didn’t help in the coaching stakes either, with his ‘close enough is good enough’ demeanour and hiding behind his self instilled 5 year rebuilding excuses.
Add a more aggressive coach this year with a plan for immediate success we’ll all be on the same page, especially with some strategic signings.
Cant agree Tony. As far as workload goes they got it easy compared to most other starting props in the comp imo - and were completely dominated at the backend of the year giving us no chance of competeing in the finals.
They may have been carrying injury, and or following tactics as some have argued, but I am hoping Maguire gets alot more metres, tackles, and time on the park from them both this year.
I don't know, I think it's too easy and careless to overly criticise Packer and Matulino for 2018. I personally don't believe that the "metres made" metric is the be-all of props, and what I find interesting is that many people criticise Packerlino for not making enough metres, but then people criticised Woods for making lots of metres, but "being too slow in the play the ball" and making too many ineffective tackles.

Sure, the ideal prop makes 40 tackles per game and 100+ metres, but how many NRL props actually average that over a year, whilst also ensuring low errors, quick PTB, some good offloads?

Tigers defence 2018 totally turned around - ended up 6th best defensive team, even allowing for two absolute blow-outs against Rabbits and Raiders. I feel Packerlino had a lot to do with that, with keeping the middle tight and keeping us in most games until the death.

Problem for me is they need support, and in 2018 they got very little of it. Hooth was pedestrian in attack but tradesman-like in defense and distribution - which is his job and I believe the limit of his ability. Twal was great in patches, but also patchy and needs a few more seasons to be that next-level prop. Sue was good for about 6 weeks at the end, Aloiai was terrific for about 10 minutes per game but couldn't stop dropping the footy. Grant was mostly useless, MCK tried hard but didn't contribute in the middle much, ET tackled like a demon but was dominated in most hitups. That leaves Lawrence doing his best to defend inside the halves and make edge runs and two nearly useless attacking players - Rochow and McQueen.

If the prop rotation was instead something like Packer, Matulino, Woods, Twal then you'd have something more. Look at Sharkies - they would normally open with Fifita, Prior and Gallen, then sub Woods and Bukuya, supported for 80 mins by Lewis and Graham. THAT is a forward pack and you don't end up leaving all the hitups to Fifita and Gallen.
There is validty in most of what you say but barring carrying an injury their individual perfornances/ contributions imo were not good enough to take us further in the competition as our two starting props based on what I saw this year. They had some good moments, but overall were disappointing especially toward the backend of the season - and with an overall less than impressive work rate throughout the year.
They are either our best props who lay the platform for the team to get on the front foot or we need to find some who can, that they can support.
Im hoping for a lot more trom them next year with three years to run on their contracts they need to lift a gear imo.

User avatar
Geo.
Member
Member
Posts: 29868
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Sandy Point NSW..

Post by Geo. » Wed 14 Nov, 2018 5:03 pm

Oh we are the great mediocre accepters..they were crap for a good half a year..If it wasn't for Nofo, Marsters nd whoever else was in the back 3 we went nowhere..
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am
OK I was wrong
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 22 Nov, 2018 12:13 am
I know at times I'm not always the brightest light in the kitchen

User avatar
851
Member
Member
Posts: 6478
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 6:38 pm

Post by 851 » Wed 14 Nov, 2018 5:11 pm

Geo. wrote:
Wed 14 Nov, 2018 5:03 pm
Oh we are the great mediocre accepters..they were crap for a good half a year..If it wasn't for Nofo, Marsters nd whoever else was in the back 3 we went nowhere..
Can't argue with that, we need help in the forwards, and in the backs, all with only 2 spots left, start tapping blokes on the shoulder Madge, and bring in some quality
Go hard or go home

TYGA
Member
Member
Posts: 2334
Joined: Sat 23 May, 2015 11:17 pm

Post by TYGA » Wed 14 Nov, 2018 5:54 pm

The great Lurker reports it’s a swap for McQueen. He’s the ultimate guesser but it makes sense.

tiger05premier
Member
Member
Posts: 971
Joined: Tue 11 Mar, 2014 6:26 pm
Location: Newcastle

Post by tiger05premier » Wed 14 Nov, 2018 5:56 pm

TYGA wrote:
Wed 14 Nov, 2018 5:54 pm
The great Lurker reports it’s a swap for McQueen. He’s the ultimate guesser but it makes sense.
That would be ideal

Would leave us with 2 spots still to fill

Set play
Posts: 42
Joined: Sat 18 Aug, 2018 8:09 am

Post by Set play » Wed 14 Nov, 2018 6:03 pm

Does anyone know if Musgrove if even coming here. I'd love to here from the pom. He seems to have all the inside info. Hey pom tell us all something good pretty please. This off seasons killing me.

Needaname
Member
Member
Posts: 1044
Joined: Sun 24 Apr, 2016 1:02 pm

Post by Needaname » Wed 14 Nov, 2018 6:06 pm

TYGA wrote:
Wed 14 Nov, 2018 5:54 pm
The great Lurker reports it’s a swap for McQueen. He’s the ultimate guesser but it makes sense.
Yeah just saw that.
Also the word on Lodge and Siebold avoiding one another. Interesting times.

Def think we have an abundance of Back-Rowers and especially have room to remove an injured one for a prop.
Good swap if true.

tiger05premier
Member
Member
Posts: 971
Joined: Tue 11 Mar, 2014 6:26 pm
Location: Newcastle

Post by tiger05premier » Wed 14 Nov, 2018 6:29 pm

Set play wrote:
Wed 14 Nov, 2018 6:03 pm
Does anyone know if Musgrove if even coming here. I'd love to here from the pom. He seems to have all the inside info. Hey pom tell us all something good pretty please. This off seasons killing me.
I think you will find the POM can only pass on so much information

If he goes overboard with his info from his source he will lose the confidence of his source and therefore we will lose his respected information

I know it's hard but we need to be patient

User avatar
WT2K
Member
Member
Posts: 4224
Joined: Thu 04 May, 2017 5:18 pm

Post by WT2K » Wed 14 Nov, 2018 6:32 pm

TYGA wrote:
Wed 14 Nov, 2018 5:54 pm
The great Lurker reports it’s a swap for McQueen. He’s the ultimate guesser but it makes sense.
Hope the lurker is right on this occasion...
No more plodders!
:sign:

TYGA
Member
Member
Posts: 2334
Joined: Sat 23 May, 2015 11:17 pm

Post by TYGA » Wed 14 Nov, 2018 6:55 pm

Needaname wrote:
Wed 14 Nov, 2018 6:06 pm
TYGA wrote:
Wed 14 Nov, 2018 5:54 pm
The great Lurker reports it’s a swap for McQueen. He’s the ultimate guesser but it makes sense.
Yeah just saw that.
Also the word on Lodge and Siebold avoiding one another. Interesting times.

Def think we have an abundance of Back-Rowers and especially have room to remove an injured one for a prop.
Good swap if true.
Agree we need another prop especially a big 22 year old that has talent and upside. McQueen will be better next year takes time to recover but his best is past him. He knows Madge’s training expectations with his history he may want to move before preseason.

User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 22828
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm

Post by GNR4LIFE » Wed 14 Nov, 2018 6:56 pm

Set play wrote:
Wed 14 Nov, 2018 6:03 pm
Does anyone know if Musgrove if even coming here. I'd love to here from the pom. He seems to have all the inside info. Hey pom tell us all something good pretty please. This off seasons killing me.
Let him post what he wants, when he wants.

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 41461
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm
Location: Watching Waiting Lurking

Post by happy tiger » Wed 14 Nov, 2018 8:36 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Wed 14 Nov, 2018 11:24 am
Jesus Hap, you didn't even have to throw the hook in, they just jumped straight in the boat haha...
And Wade MacKinnon should play half back :sign:

That was the best one CB , the fish were trying to sink the boat that day :D

Set play
Posts: 42
Joined: Sat 18 Aug, 2018 8:09 am

Post by Set play » Wed 14 Nov, 2018 9:57 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Wed 14 Nov, 2018 6:56 pm
Set play wrote:
Wed 14 Nov, 2018 6:03 pm
Does anyone know if Musgrove if even coming here. I'd love to here from the pom. He seems to have all the inside info. Hey pom tell us all something good pretty please. This off seasons killing me.
Let him post what he wants, when he wants.
Um ok then, no need to be a authoritarian about it. It's the off season just looking for some updates on recruitment

Post Reply