Zane Musgrove

tiger05premier

Re: Zane Musgrove

Post by tiger05premier » Mon 26 Nov, 2018 10:04 pm

Geo. wrote:
Mon 26 Nov, 2018 9:38 pm
Thomas is ripping in at training..don't know about starting at lock but he'll be there thereabouts in the 17 I would guess..bench to start,,

rated highly by the coaching staff...

Musgrove settling in nicely...we'll have some aggression sorely lacking..
Something positive to look forward too

These 2 may have more of an impact than we could ever of imagined

The Patriot

Post by The Patriot » Mon 26 Nov, 2018 10:22 pm

Mighty Tiger wrote:
Mon 26 Nov, 2018 8:16 am
Twal size is against him as a lock, we need to groom a future front row rotation. Twal and Zane are it for me. Stil think we are a prop short.

I actually like Matterson as a lock, after watching some of his games this hear back the last few weeks it showed he is a 5/8/centre/backrower - he can ball play late and runs decent lines + can defend.

Ive been saying it for a while. He is wasted on an edge.

I hope we play him in the middle.
Its an opinion!

TYGA

Post by TYGA » Mon 26 Nov, 2018 10:33 pm

Demps wrote:
Mon 26 Nov, 2018 9:18 pm
😂

Mikael who's never played a game and isn't exactly conaidered a lock is going to beat out ET, our most established player at #13 and has never let us down rly despite the hate, the head knocks and his huge work rate
ET doesn’t work with our current props. I thought it would but you can’t go past the lack of metres. He’s a good player but doesn’t suit the modern game.

Packer and Matulino are big in other areas not just metreage but the 13 has to be a third prop. I may be way off but age should be no barrier. This kid can go hard and is very mobile.

I’d prefer an experienced recruit with Mikalele off the bench to ease him in but it may not happen. I’d give the kid a crack. He’d struggle to be a downgrade on ET’s last year.

Russell

Post by Russell » Mon 26 Nov, 2018 10:45 pm

Demps wrote:
Mon 26 Nov, 2018 9:18 pm
😂

Mikael who's never played a game and isn't exactly conaidered a lock is going to beat out ET, our most established player at #13 and has never let us down rly despite the hate, the head knocks and his huge work rate
I knew it would happen - finally agree with something you said. Good on ya!

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Tue 27 Nov, 2018 1:48 am

tiger05premier wrote:
Mon 26 Nov, 2018 10:04 pm
Geo. wrote:
Thomas is ripping in at training..don't know about starting at lock but he'll be there thereabouts in the 17 I would guess..bench to start,,

#Mikaelerealbeast2019

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Tue 27 Nov, 2018 6:20 am

happy tiger wrote:
Tue 27 Nov, 2018 1:48 am
tiger05premier wrote:
Mon 26 Nov, 2018 10:04 pm
Geo. wrote:

#Mikaelerealbeast2019
Oh god dont start this childish crap again
MT wrote:Twal size is against him as a lock, we need to groom a future front row rotation. Twal and Zane are it for me. Stil think we are a prop short.

I actually like Matterson as a lock, after watching some of his games this hear back the last few weeks it showed he is a 5/8/centre/backrower - he can ball play late and runs decent lines + can defend.
Agree

Masterton

Post by Masterton » Tue 27 Nov, 2018 8:45 am

TYGA wrote:
Mon 26 Nov, 2018 10:33 pm

ET doesn’t work with our current props. I thought it would but you can’t go past the lack of metres. He’s a good player but doesn’t suit the modern game.

Packer and Matulino are big in other areas not just metreage but the 13 has to be a third prop. I may be way off but age should be no barrier. This kid can go hard and is very mobile.
ET didn't work with how Ivan used our props. Mats average metres for the previous 3 years have been between 116 and 150. Packer's metres not as good, but close to 100. It's been said elsewhere: Ivan had their primary job as defence.
"I was on the bus before you painted it yellow."

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by formerguest » Tue 27 Nov, 2018 9:59 am

Masterton wrote:
Tue 27 Nov, 2018 8:45 am
TYGA wrote:

ET didn't work with how Ivan used our props. Mats average metres for the previous 3 years have been between 116 and 150. Packer's metres not as good, but close to 100. It's been said elsewhere: Ivan had their primary job as defence.
Yeah, some perspective. Playing to a game plan and a challenging one at that in defence, so not much juice left for attack when they were using so much energy in getting well across field to be the A defenders much more often than their counterparts at other clubs were required to do.

It is also not where we lost out this past year, with lack of finesse and finishing being much greater issues for mine.

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Tue 27 Nov, 2018 11:46 am

Masterton wrote:
Tue 27 Nov, 2018 8:45 am
TYGA wrote:

What is that quote from the Doctor Strange movie? "Forget everything you think you know."

New coach, new plans, new roles.

Nelson

Post by Nelson » Tue 27 Nov, 2018 12:11 pm

Right edge has been a weakness for years which is why we've cycled through a number of (unsuccessful) options there. We finally make a quality signing for the position and then people want him moved to lock with the result that we'll have the same old unsuccessful options for right edge...

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Tue 27 Nov, 2018 1:30 pm

Nelson wrote:
Tue 27 Nov, 2018 12:11 pm
Right edge has been a weakness for years which is why we've cycled through a number of (unsuccessful) options there. We finally make a quality signing for the position and then people want him moved to lock with the result that we'll have the same old unsuccessful options for right edge...
I know :crazy :crazy but that's how they roll...maybe they prefer Chee Kam or Rochow..dunno
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am
OK I was wrong
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 22 Nov, 2018 12:13 am
I know at times I'm not always the brightest light in the kitchen

Tigers17

Post by Tigers17 » Tue 27 Nov, 2018 3:04 pm

Geo. wrote:

As per usual Geo you have your finger on the pulse.

I have posted before that Tom Mikaele is the BEST forward prospect that this club has had in many a long miserable season.

And ridding ourselves of Cleary's counselling sessions and replacing them with Maguire's blood and guts will benefit Tom probably more than any other player in our squad who is just naturally aggressive.

Go You Good Things

Post by Go You Good Things » Tue 27 Nov, 2018 3:25 pm

The Patriot wrote:
Mon 26 Nov, 2018 10:22 pm
Mighty Tiger wrote:
Twal size is against him as a lock, we need to groom a future front row rotation. Twal and Zane are it for me. Stil think we are a prop short.

. . . And one of the best things about playing him in the middle is he actually has a short kicking game.
To have him put in the odd grubber and have our quick #7 running on to the kick, instead of making the kick would add another dimension to our goal line attacking options.

Demps

Post by Demps » Wed 28 Nov, 2018 7:03 am

Tigers17 wrote:
Tue 27 Nov, 2018 3:04 pm
Geo. wrote:

I have posted before that Tom Mikaele is the BEST forward prospect that this club has had in many a long miserable season.

And ridding ourselves of Cleary's counselling sessions and replacing them with Maguire's blood and guts will benefit Tom probably more than any other player in our squad who is just naturally aggressive.
Was said about Neil Begovich.
Was said about Matt Groat.
Was said about Lamar Leovevave.
Was said about JJ Felise.
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by jadtiger » Wed 28 Nov, 2018 7:11 am

Demps wrote:
Wed 28 Nov, 2018 7:03 am
Tigers17 wrote:
Geo. wrote:

With your logic we shouldnt even bother trying to develop players :crazy

Needaname

Post by Needaname » Wed 28 Nov, 2018 7:15 am

Go You Good Things wrote:
Tue 27 Nov, 2018 3:25 pm
The Patriot wrote:
Mon 26 Nov, 2018 10:22 pm
Mighty Tiger wrote:

. . . And one of the best things about playing him in the middle is he actually has a short kicking game.
To have him put in the odd grubber and have our quick #7 running on to the kick, instead of making the kick would add another dimension to our goal line attacking options.
Cronulla do the same with Wade Graham and Luke Lewis, they were edge players through and through.

For the life of me I can’t work out how ET, RM, TM and MCK all make their way into a Zane Musgrove thread.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Wed 28 Nov, 2018 7:25 am

Off season relax
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am
OK I was wrong
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 22 Nov, 2018 12:13 am
I know at times I'm not always the brightest light in the kitchen

Demps

Post by Demps » Wed 28 Nov, 2018 9:57 am

jadtiger wrote:
Wed 28 Nov, 2018 7:11 am
Demps wrote:
Wed 28 Nov, 2018 7:03 am
Tigers17 wrote:
Geo. wrote:

With your logic we shouldnt even bother trying to develop players :crazy
My logic? I made a statement about how there is always a talked up player.
I'm not saying Thomas is a dud. It's just the bold statement is something we hear every year about some one....

Hows Ryan papuhehyen3iuqdreqfher going?

Don't quote me mate especially when you don't even have a basic understanding of the comment that is being made.
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.