Re: Liddle to Bulldogs? - SMH article

Post by hammertime » Fri 16 Nov, 2018 1:25 pm

THE POM wrote:
Fri 16 Nov, 2018 12:41 pm
oldprop wrote:
Fri 16 Nov, 2018 12:24 pm
THE POM wrote:
Fri 16 Nov, 2018 12:00 pm
1st Injury free pre-season ever for Liddle, he knows where he stands with the club & knows that 2019 is a big year for him in his career. Will be given every chance to prove his ability & worth. Plus he's the type of kid that given any contract he'll sign to return the faith shown.

Expecting big things from him in 2019.
Thanks Pom. Do you think he’s staying then?
He has big raps at the club both for his on field & off field attitude & work. If he can shine through in pre-season he's every chance of getting an offer after 1st few rounds. Has come back looking fit & motivated & confident. Came 2nd in the time trial day one.
Great to hear POM. I remember a young tedesco and benji both going through injury difficulties early on. Im glad to hear the club is sticking by the kid and hopefully he returns that favour once he gets back to the player everyone believes he can be.

WT2K

Post by WT2K » Fri 16 Nov, 2018 1:30 pm

Cheers for the info, Pom.

Hope he has an injury free season and shows us what the club sees in him.
No more plodders!
:sign:

tigerap

Post by tigerap » Fri 16 Nov, 2018 2:00 pm

Seantice wrote:
Fri 16 Nov, 2018 1:12 pm
Not sure but my money is on Brooks winning the time trial..

I agree about cook. He's too one dimensional for that cost. Stick with liddle. If he doesn't fire this year he never will.
agree...we dont need Cook..just yet....signing him would be akin to us signing Nathan Cleary, when we already have a decent young halfback....we should know in the first 6-8 rounds if Liddle will cut it

Spartan117

Post by Spartan117 » Fri 16 Nov, 2018 2:28 pm

Both Liddle and Brooks will come good, With Mbye at the back we are looking good for the next 3 years

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Fri 16 Nov, 2018 2:31 pm

i hope we don't loose him. he's shown a lot to me.
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

bathursttiger

Post by bathursttiger » Fri 16 Nov, 2018 2:38 pm

The Patriot wrote:
Fri 16 Nov, 2018 8:54 am
Russell wrote:
Fri 16 Nov, 2018 8:29 am

Still say Cook is a one trick pony - speed from DH and that is it. Not a great defender, average kicking game and for 4 million I would want a lot better DH than him.
Someone had to say it.

He is no Cameron Smith, he is no young Robbie Farah.

Great attacking player but he is a momentum player and if his team has no momentum he is not a play making hooker that can steer you around or get you out of trouble.
The Roosters shut down his speed from DH in the Grand Final and killed Souths major attacking weapon, and their game plan.
Once coach’s work out a way to stop someone every other coach copies the game plan.
I’d like to give Liddle a fair shot at being the regular Hooker.

matchball

Post by matchball » Fri 16 Nov, 2018 2:55 pm

Put Cook behind our rubbish forwards and he won't make anything.
He relies on the big boys for his momentum.

prattenparkchild

Post by prattenparkchild » Fri 16 Nov, 2018 3:12 pm

Fine to say re-sign him and make offer now to forestall bulldogs interest but we all have said liddle needs to show his resilience this season or he should not be our main number 9. We should speak plainly to liddle and say halfway through season if injury free he will get a good offer to re-sign but if he or his manager try to stampede us in to signing him up now, no thanks at this,stage. Remember guys we have been played too often in the past.

colmcd

Post by colmcd » Fri 16 Nov, 2018 3:26 pm

No idea why everyone is rubbishing Cook.

Sure I would not buy him for the Tigers. (unless he came in at 300K, which he won't).

But man that guy is a tough tackler and really takes on the line. If he wasn't SOO hooker I doubt NSW would have won the series.

With Liddle, well looks like the Club is backing him. Lets see if his form keeps and if he doesn't turn into another mitch moses. I could see a Farah/Liddle hooker rotation working, Particularly with Farah starting and Liddle coming on when people are tired. But I hate the idea of a bench hooker.

prattenparkchild

Post by prattenparkchild » Fri 16 Nov, 2018 3:34 pm

Would be great if liddle had a bit more versatility position wise if he is included on the bench. Has he tried any other role in the past?

willow

Post by willow » Fri 16 Nov, 2018 3:49 pm

THE POM wrote:
oldprop wrote:
THE POM wrote:
1st Injury free pre-season ever for Liddle, he knows where he stands with the club & knows that 2019 is a big year for him in his career. Will be given every chance to prove his ability & worth. Plus he's the type of kid that given any contract he'll sign to return the faith shown.

He has big raps at the club both for his on field & off field attitude & work. If he can shine through in pre-season he's every chance of getting an offer after 1st few rounds. Has come back looking fit & motivated & confident. Came 2nd in the time trial day one.
Certainly looked like he was up the front from what I saw. I think a lot of people forget he had both shoulders operated on last off-season and never got a chance to have a proper pre-season.

Russell

Post by Russell » Fri 16 Nov, 2018 3:57 pm

THE POM wrote:

Hallelujah - If they show faith in him - he will deliver the goods. no doubt in my mind.

I'm sure the Tigers want him - it is Madge that I am worried about.

Russell

Post by Russell » Fri 16 Nov, 2018 4:03 pm

colmcd wrote:
Fri 16 Nov, 2018 3:26 pm
No idea why everyone is rubbishing Cook.

Sure I would not buy him for the Tigers. (unless he came in at 300K, which he won't).

But man that guy is a tough tackler and really takes on the line. If he wasn't SOO hooker I doubt NSW would have won the series.

With Liddle, well looks like the Club is backing him. Lets see if his form keeps and if he doesn't turn into another mitch moses. I could see a Farah/Liddle hooker rotation working, Particularly with Farah starting and Liddle coming on when people are tired. But I hate the idea of a bench hooker.
Pretty sure it's not going to be two hookers.

Liddle will get a full game against certain teams - Farah will play the others.

The ones Liddle plays - Farah will be rested. The games Farah plays, Liddle will play ISP.

That is the way it was going to work - What Mage is thinking - who knows.

Harvey

Post by Harvey » Fri 16 Nov, 2018 4:09 pm

I think I pointed out in another thread that Liddle has played about the same amount of first grade (and missed through injury) as Farah, Marshall and Tedesco had at similar ages and stages of their career.

I would give him a decent value contract, maybe not big years, and see how he develops.

I am worried that Robbie being here will stifle his development, particularly if Madge decides Liddle is first choice.

The Patriot

Post by The Patriot » Fri 16 Nov, 2018 4:49 pm

Ok so the whole Cleary/ body language thing was a bit of a joke but like everyone else i looked at the videos of the first training day. Liddle has a spring in his step, he actually looked a lot more confident and sure of himself.

Ill back him to come good based on how he is holding himself.
Its an opinion!

Silentio

Post by Silentio » Fri 16 Nov, 2018 4:51 pm

Great news. The bloke's a dud.

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Fri 16 Nov, 2018 5:01 pm

Harvey wrote:
Fri 16 Nov, 2018 4:09 pm
I think I pointed out in another thread that Liddle has played about the same amount of first grade (and missed through injury) as Farah, Marshall and Tedesco had at similar ages and stages of their career.

I would give him a decent value contract, maybe not big years, and see how he develops.

I am worried that Robbie being here will stifle his development, particularly if Madge decides Liddle is first choice.
I can't link Robbie not playing first choice with stifling Jacob's development? I would expect Farah to be constructive if he can just squeeze his 300th game in. If without that proviso I don't think I have even seen Farah not play his heart out for tigers. Farah has never let the fans down.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

larrycorowa

Post by larrycorowa » Fri 16 Nov, 2018 5:19 pm

THE POM wrote:
oldprop wrote:
THE POM wrote:

He’s a keeper. Was killing it before he did the sternum. Deserves another year with a full off season under his belt.