Liddle to Bulldogs? - SMH article

TCL
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Re: Liddle to Bulldogs? - SMH article

Post by TCL » Fri 16 Nov, 2018 5:36 pm

i Like the kid and hope he comes good. from the batch of 9s coming through he is up there with the best, if he can stay injury free.

Telltails

Post by Telltails » Fri 16 Nov, 2018 5:49 pm

McDonnell earning his keep trying to lure Liddle to the Bulldogs.
Big season ahead for the young man.

Cairnstigers

Post by Cairnstigers » Fri 16 Nov, 2018 7:20 pm

If Liddle is confident in his own ability and he believes he can stand up to the riggers of the NRL then I believe he will want to stay at the tigers and he will eventually be rewarded with a contract upgrade

If on the other hand he is concerned about his body being able to handle the NRL long term then he will take the money and run

Tigers $350000 ? In 2019 Plus possible upgrade if he can perform in 2019
Get injured in 2019 and $ go south

Or $500000 at the dogs on 4 year deal if he signs now and get paid regardless of injury

Big decisions to be made
I wouldn't be offering big $ to Liddle just yet
Maybe a performance based contract is the go but as a young player $ in the hand is better then a possible upgrade

What would you do

TYGA

Post by TYGA » Fri 16 Nov, 2018 7:25 pm

If his manager is smart he lets the kid play a full season hopefully injury free. His price will go up from what the dogs are offering.

Nelson

Post by Nelson » Fri 16 Nov, 2018 7:35 pm

Cairnstigers wrote:
Fri 16 Nov, 2018 7:20 pm
If Liddle is confident in his own ability and he believes he can stand up to the riggers of the NRL then I believe he will want to stay at the tigers and he will eventually be rewarded with a contract upgrade

If on the other hand he is concerned about his body being able to handle the NRL long term then he will take the money and run

Or $500000 at the dogs on 4 year deal if he signs now and get paid regardless of injury

Big decisions to be made
Maybe a performance based contract is the go but as a young player $ in the hand is better then a possible upgrade

What would you do
The $500,000 a year for 4 years was just a hypothetical thrown out, it is extremely unlikely that the Bulldogs would be offering that many years or dollars. There are other good, young prospects out there in Jayden Brailey, Blayke Brailey and Reece Robson so there is no need for them to go so hard after Liddle when he, like those others, is still in the "potential" category. They got stung on Lichaa, they're going to be wary.

upthetigers

Post by upthetigers » Fri 16 Nov, 2018 8:52 pm

TheDaBoss wrote:
Fri 16 Nov, 2018 8:57 am
avocadoontoast wrote:
Fri 16 Nov, 2018 8:57 am
Russell wrote:
Fri 16 Nov, 2018 8:44 am
avocadoontoast wrote:
Fri 16 Nov, 2018 8:31 am

It's all about numbers Russ. How much/long would you sign him for?
Not sure what he is on at the moment Avo - probably about 250 - 350 - I think he would be happy to stay if he knew he was wanted after Farah retires.

Depending on how he performs on the last year of his contract, he could get a good upgrade. Indecision causes a lot of players to leave when they really don't want to.

This kid can play - needs to improve his kicking game (surely Farah can help him there) and he will have it all.
Let's say, hypothetically, the Bulldogs offer him 4 years @ 500k per season. Do you let him walk?
500-600k is a reasonable price for liddle, considering the potential he has
Potential hahaha that's a funny word. Injuries blah blah blah he still has everything to prove and isn't worth anything close to that. Hopefully WT have learnt from their mistakes.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Fri 16 Nov, 2018 9:23 pm

I'd swap him for Lachlan Lewis ...

Cairnstigers

Post by Cairnstigers » Fri 16 Nov, 2018 9:30 pm

Nelson wrote:
Fri 16 Nov, 2018 7:35 pm
Cairnstigers wrote:
Fri 16 Nov, 2018 7:20 pm

Big decisions to be made

What would you do
The $500,000 a year for 4 years was just a hypothetical thrown out, it is extremely unlikely that the Bulldogs would be offering that many years or dollars. There are other good, young prospects out there in Jayden Brailey, Blayke Brailey and Reece Robson so there is no need for them to go so hard after Liddle when he, like those others, is still in the "potential" category. They got stung on Lichaa, they're going to be wary.
Ahh ok
I thought that was a rumored offer
Well he ain't worth any where near that at the moment
I am sure we all hope he will be a great player
I hope he sticks with the club to prove his worth
If he manages to have a break out year then offer the big $
But caution is required
And who is our back up after Farah is gone
If we could manage a Cookie signing that would be great
Finally signing an elite player in his prime might just set the ball rolling in our future
And a Burgess or two would be great
With madge coming who knows
I think we might see a few surprises in the next 12 months

bathursttiger

Post by bathursttiger » Fri 16 Nov, 2018 10:42 pm

willow wrote:
Fri 16 Nov, 2018 3:49 pm
THE POM wrote:
Fri 16 Nov, 2018 12:41 pm
oldprop wrote:
Fri 16 Nov, 2018 12:24 pm
THE POM wrote:
Fri 16 Nov, 2018 12:00 pm
1st Injury free pre-season ever for Liddle, he knows where he stands with the club & knows that 2019 is a big year for him in his career. Will be given every chance to prove his ability & worth. Plus he's the type of kid that given any contract he'll sign to return the faith shown.

Expecting big things from him in 2019.
Thanks Pom. Do you think he’s staying then?
He has big raps at the club both for his on field & off field attitude & work. If he can shine through in pre-season he's every chance of getting an offer after 1st few rounds. Has come back looking fit & motivated & confident. Came 2nd in the time trial day one.
Certainly looked like he was up the front from what I saw. I think a lot of people forget he had both shoulders operated on last off-season and never got a chance to have a proper pre-season.
Willow this is what a lot of people on here don’t realise if we get rid of him early in his career because he’s been a bit of an injury concern.
Benji would not have lasted past 2006 with his shoulder reconstructions.
Give Liddle a chance to develop his body with a a full pre season under his belt.

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Fri 16 Nov, 2018 11:29 pm

I’d love to think that we could attract a player like Cook here , but I think theres about as much chance of that happening, as me winning Lotto tomorrow night.

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Fri 16 Nov, 2018 11:33 pm

goldcoast tiger wrote:
Fri 16 Nov, 2018 11:29 pm
I’d love to think that we could attract a player like Cook here , but I think theres about as much chance of that happening, as me winning Lotto tomorrow night.
Premiership winning coach here now and apparently the club is a lot more financial. I think we need to pay some overs to attract one to notch player and all of a sudden were attractive again. Picking the right player is the hard part though.

Madge

Post by Madge » Sat 17 Nov, 2018 12:18 am

happy tiger wrote:
Fri 16 Nov, 2018 9:23 pm
I'd swap him for Lachlan Lewis ...
You are dreaming buddy.

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Sat 17 Nov, 2018 12:40 am

It is wonder that no one has commented that Jacob has already gone to the dogs - only joking
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

Pawsandclaws

Post by Pawsandclaws » Sat 17 Nov, 2018 6:08 am

Liddle is a fine player and one of our most skilled. I can't wait to see him back on the field with Musgrove, Garner and co really providing him with support and guidance from RF.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 17 Nov, 2018 6:46 am

matchball wrote:
Fri 16 Nov, 2018 2:55 pm
Put Cook behind our rubbish forwards and he won't make anything.
He relies on the big boys for his momentum.
This is true.
Been said a few time...most dummy halfs will shine once their forwards have the defense going backwards

Like another member posted, Ive methim too and he did seem a genuine decent bloke...it was an official function so hard to gauge the real JL but I rememeber that he pleasant with us and thats all that counts

Weve invested a lot in him...would be a shame I guess to see it benefit another club, at the end of the day tho its Jacobs call

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Sat 17 Nov, 2018 7:48 am

gallagher wrote:
Fri 16 Nov, 2018 11:33 pm
goldcoast tiger wrote:
Premiership winning coach here now and apparently the club is a lot more financial. I think we need to pay some overs to attract one to notch player and all of a sudden were attractive again. Picking the right player is the hard part though.
Seriously, what Hooker would like to go anywhere a team that meant that they have to playoff a pack of forwards like ours

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sat 17 Nov, 2018 8:51 am

goldcoast tiger wrote:
Sat 17 Nov, 2018 7:48 am
gallagher wrote:
Fri 16 Nov, 2018 11:33 pm
goldcoast tiger wrote:
Seriously, what Hooker would like to go anywhere a team that meant that they have to playoff a pack of forwards like ours
You must be a joy at parties....
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am
OK I was wrong
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 22 Nov, 2018 12:13 am
I know at times I'm not always the brightest light in the kitchen

TYGA

Post by TYGA » Sat 17 Nov, 2018 9:37 am

It won’t happen with Cook but whilst our forwards don’t make huge metres they play the ball quick Cook would dominate good players always rise. In addition Brooks, Cook, Mbye, Reynolds would be the fastest spins ever assembled.