Liddle to Bulldogs? - SMH article

Byron Bay Fan

Re: Liddle to Bulldogs? - SMH article

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Sun 18 Nov, 2018 8:47 am

supercoach wrote:
Sun 18 Nov, 2018 8:38 am
If we seriously want to play finals football in 2019, we need Liddle playing plenty of game time. Farah will play a role, but we need Liddle’s speed out of D/H to create attacking opportunities. With a fully fit roster there is only room for Liddle or Benji on the bench, it will be interesting who Madge goes for
I agree with Liddle (and Farah) jumping out of box 1 but what about if Luke from box 7 is screaming for the ball? Liddel should continue running as the stats prove that Luke scores more if he gets the ball a bit less which sounds sensible as the defence are not so confident where the attack is coming from.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

Masterton

Post by Masterton » Sun 18 Nov, 2018 9:46 am

Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Sun 18 Nov, 2018 8:47 am
supercoach wrote:
If we seriously want to play finals football in 2019, we need Liddle playing plenty of game time. Farah will play a role, but we need Liddle’s speed out of D/H to create attacking opportunities. With a fully fit roster there is only room for Liddle or Benji on the bench, it will be interesting who Madge goes for
I agree with Liddle (and Farah) jumping out of box 1 but what about if Luke from box 7 is screaming for the ball? Liddel should continue running as the stats prove that Luke scores more if he gets the ball a bit less which sounds sensible as the defence are not so confident where the attack is coming from.
You're just making stuff up. The stats say the exact opposite. He didn't score a try in a game where he touched the ball less than 45 times last season.
"I was on the bus before you painted it yellow."

Needaname

Post by Needaname » Sun 18 Nov, 2018 10:12 am

The Patriot wrote:
Sun 18 Nov, 2018 12:01 am
Geo. wrote:
Sat 17 Nov, 2018 11:48 pm
The Patriot wrote:
Sat 17 Nov, 2018 10:13 pm
Needaname wrote:
Sat 17 Nov, 2018 8:46 pm

I’d say what you just mentioned is why he’d consider the bulldogs offer.
Could be a chance for 2019, more opportunity to start or at least make the 17. More money in doing so.
If Robbie is guaranteed to start this year there is every chance we loss Liddle because of that.

If the mentality of Jacob Liddle is to run to another club rather than fight for what he wants, we would be better off without him.

No one will be guaranteed any spots, if Jacob can man up and outplay the old guy he gets the job.
THE POM wrote:
Fri 16 Nov, 2018 12:00 pm
1st Injury free pre-season ever for Liddle, he knows where he stands with the club & knows that 2019 is a big year for him in his career. Will be given every chance to prove his ability & worth. Plus he's the type of kid that given any contract he'll sign to return the faith shown.

Expecting big things from him in 2019.
THE POM wrote:
Fri 16 Nov, 2018 12:41 pm
oldprop wrote:
Fri 16 Nov, 2018 12:24 pm

Thanks Pom. Do you think he’s staying then?
He has big raps at the club both for his on field & off field attitude & work. If he can shine through in pre-season he's every chance of getting an offer after 1st few rounds. Has come back looking fit & motivated & confident. Came 2nd in the time trial day one.
Doesn't sound like turning and running to me..
I wasnt the one who said there was every chance that we lose Liddle because of Farah being guaranteed a spot.

Perhaps you should have quoted the other guy.

Im the one saying best man gets the job.

Have another read of it.
I said IF!
And it was based on the quote I was responding to where the poster mentioned Liddle will not see much first grade this year and will have to bid his time ready for a big 2020...

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sun 18 Nov, 2018 10:42 am

Mistaken identity...? oh the if qualification..
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am
OK I was wrong
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 22 Nov, 2018 12:13 am
I know at times I'm not always the brightest light in the kitchen

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sun 18 Nov, 2018 10:50 am

Geo. wrote:
Sun 18 Nov, 2018 10:42 am
Mistaken identity...? oh the if qualification..
IF only we were the Melbourne Storm

cktiger

Post by cktiger » Sun 18 Nov, 2018 11:01 am

Masterton wrote:
Sun 18 Nov, 2018 9:46 am
Byron Bay Fan wrote:
supercoach wrote:
You're just making stuff up. The stats say the exact opposite. He didn't score a try in a game where he touched the ball less than 45 times last season.
Or... you could read those stats to say that he didn't score a try when he 'went missing'.
Brooks improved his defence a great deal this season, however he needs to increase his involvement.
You can't blame people not passing it to him once or twice a game for him being in a shell.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sun 18 Nov, 2018 11:14 am

cktiger wrote:
Sun 18 Nov, 2018 11:01 am
Masterton wrote:
Byron Bay Fan wrote:
supercoach wrote:
Or... you could read those stats to say that he didn't score a try when he 'went missing'.
Brooks improved his defence a great deal this season, however he needs to increase his involvement.
You can't blame people not passing it to him once or twice a game for him being in a shell.
:roll:

Cronk and Thurston must be crap then based on all this conversations about touching the ball 45 times in a game and not scoring

The lack of footy knowledge in the place sometimes is astounding to say the least

So you could have 4 try assists in a game and be garbage because you never scored ....... :roll :roll :roll :roll :roll :roll :roll

bbobb

Post by bbobb » Sun 18 Nov, 2018 12:41 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Sun 18 Nov, 2018 11:14 am
cktiger wrote:
Masterton wrote:
Byron Bay Fan wrote:

Cronk and Thurston must be crap then based on all this conversations about touching the ball 45 times in a game and not scoring

The lack of footy knowledge in the place sometimes is astounding to say the least

So you could have 4 try assists in a game and be garbage because you never scored ....... :roll :roll :roll :roll :roll :roll :roll
I think Happy Tiger is on the money in regards to touches but without a dummy half who can engage the markers and put some level of doubt in the defence, any half back is going to look ordinary.

I am not sure about the whole Robbie and Jacob argument but we need someone who will at least provide Brooksy with some time. Basically- no ET please!

Masterton

Post by Masterton » Sun 18 Nov, 2018 1:28 pm

happy tiger wrote:
cktiger wrote:
Masterton wrote:
Byron Bay Fan wrote:

Nobody said anything like that. BBF said he scored more when he has the ball less. I said it's not true. Nothing else,
"I was on the bus before you painted it yellow."

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sun 18 Nov, 2018 1:51 pm

bbobb wrote:
Sun 18 Nov, 2018 12:41 pm
happy tiger wrote:
cktiger wrote:
Masterton wrote:

I think Happy Tiger is on the money in regards to touches but without a dummy half who can engage the markers and put some level of doubt in the defence, any half back is going to look ordinary.

I am not sure about the whole Robbie and Jacob argument but we need someone who will at least provide Brooksy with some time. Basically- no ET please!
Problem is we need forwards /players that will get the defence on the back foot initially

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Sun 18 Nov, 2018 4:41 pm

Masterton wrote:
Sun 18 Nov, 2018 1:28 pm
happy tiger wrote:
cktiger wrote:
Masterton wrote:

Nobody said anything like that. BBF said he scored more when he has the ball less. I said it's not true. Nothing else,
That was based on the stats that he scored more tries in the full years when Farah was DH - when presumably he was receiving approx. 15% less ball according to a poster here.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

Demps

Post by Demps » Sun 18 Nov, 2018 8:52 pm

Coach is taking my advice from the forum and swapping Liddle for Lichaa.
Knows he can take over when Farah retires and is ready for 80 / 26 rounds.
Unlike our boy Jacob.
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

swag tiger

Post by swag tiger » Sun 18 Nov, 2018 10:12 pm

Demps wrote:
Sun 18 Nov, 2018 8:52 pm
Unlike our boy Jacob.
Would it be Tim Mannah to join after?
I have family in Balmain and the Western suburbs so i guess that makes me a Balmain Westie

Winner of FIFA world cup LMS 2018 Winner of WTF Draft 2

Demps

Post by Demps » Sun 18 Nov, 2018 10:13 pm

swag tiger wrote:
Sun 18 Nov, 2018 10:12 pm
Demps wrote:
Sun 18 Nov, 2018 8:52 pm
Unlike our boy Jacob.
Would it be Tim Mannah to join after?
Yeah sure why not & Nick Kassis.
Lets Go!
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

sideline eye

Post by sideline eye » Sun 18 Nov, 2018 10:22 pm

momo&medo wrote:
Sat 17 Nov, 2018 10:29 am
goldcoast tiger wrote:
Sat 17 Nov, 2018 9:54 am
Geo. wrote:
Sat 17 Nov, 2018 8:51 am
goldcoast tiger wrote:
Sat 17 Nov, 2018 7:48 am

Seriously, what Hooker would like to go anywhere a team that meant that they have to playoff a pack of forwards like ours
You must be a joy at parties....
Would you come here in the same circumstances??
If we can improve our plodders pack, I’d have a different opinion, I’m talking about the pack that we now have.
:bash :bawling :blah ....... Yes ...... Madge must be desperate to sign up for such a shipwreck of a roster. We are a unworkable basket-case roster. The sky has and will effeminately fall in. :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick:
What??? The sky is falling with a limp wrist?

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 18 Nov, 2018 10:47 pm

Gay clouds are gathering....

Tiger Steve

Post by Tiger Steve » Sun 18 Nov, 2018 10:48 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Sun 18 Nov, 2018 10:47 pm
Gay clouds are gathering....
Not that there’s anything wrong with that....
“Peanuts! Get ya peanuts - in the shell or sugar coated!” Leichhardt memories.

Tigerdon

Post by Tigerdon » Mon 19 Nov, 2018 7:59 am

At least in 2019 we will have go depth at Hooker. Better options than most teams.
There are other positions to worries about strengthening for 2019.
in Ivan we distrust