Geo. wrote:
Sat 17 Nov, 2018 8:51 am
goldcoast tiger wrote:
Sat 17 Nov, 2018 7:48 am
gallagher wrote:
Fri 16 Nov, 2018 11:33 pm
goldcoast tiger wrote:
Fri 16 Nov, 2018 11:29 pm
I’d love to think that we could attract a player like Cook here , but I think theres about as much chance of that happening, as me winning Lotto tomorrow night.
Premiership winning coach here now and apparently the club is a lot more financial. I think we need to pay some overs to attract one to notch player and all of a sudden were attractive again. Picking the right player is the hard part though.
Seriously, what Hooker would like to go anywhere a team that meant that they have to playoff a pack of forwards like ours
You must be a joy at parties....
Would you come here in the same circumstances??
If we can improve our plodders pack, I’d have a different opinion, I’m talking about the pack that we now have.

momo&medo

Post by momo&medo » Sat 17 Nov, 2018 10:29 am

goldcoast tiger wrote:
Sat 17 Nov, 2018 9:54 am
Geo. wrote:
goldcoast tiger wrote:
gallagher wrote:

Premiership winning coach here now and apparently the club is a lot more financial. I think we need to pay some overs to attract one to notch player and all of a sudden were attractive again. Picking the right player is the hard part though.
Seriously, what Hooker would like to go anywhere a team that meant that they have to playoff a pack of forwards like ours
If we can improve our plodders pack, I’d have a different opinion, I’m talking about the pack that we now have.
:bash :bawling :blah ....... Yes ...... Madge must be desperate to sign up for such a shipwreck of a roster. We are a unworkable basket-case roster. The sky has and will effeminately fall in. :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick:

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Sat 17 Nov, 2018 10:50 am

goldcoast tiger wrote:
Geo. wrote:
goldcoast tiger wrote:
gallagher wrote:

Well we're talking about 2020 for Cook. Let's see what pack Maguire ends up with for 2019.

WT2K

Post by WT2K » Sat 17 Nov, 2018 11:38 am

gallagher wrote:
Sat 17 Nov, 2018 10:50 am
goldcoast tiger wrote:
Geo. wrote:
goldcoast tiger wrote:

Well we're talking about 2020 for Cook. Let's see what pack Maguire ends up with for 2019.
And what pack he ends up with in 2020 before we start jumping up and down...
No more plodders!
:sign:

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sat 17 Nov, 2018 12:14 pm

WT2K wrote:
Sat 17 Nov, 2018 11:38 am
gallagher wrote:
goldcoast tiger wrote:
Geo. wrote:

Madge won't be here in 2020 , he will coaching his son Josh at the Cowboys

Paul Green will be coach

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Sat 17 Nov, 2018 1:32 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Sat 17 Nov, 2018 12:14 pm
WT2K wrote:
gallagher wrote:
goldcoast tiger wrote:

Paul Green will be coach
are there any coaches that are medically declared eunuch?
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

Fade To Black

Post by Fade To Black » Sat 17 Nov, 2018 2:21 pm

Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Sat 17 Nov, 2018 1:32 pm
happy tiger wrote:
Sat 17 Nov, 2018 12:14 pm
WT2K wrote:
gallagher wrote:

Paul Green will be coach
are there any coaches that are medically declared eunuch?
Ivan the gutless coward proved that he is fig-less.

Cairnstigers

Post by Cairnstigers » Sat 17 Nov, 2018 3:02 pm

goldcoast tiger wrote:
gallagher wrote:
goldcoast tiger wrote:
Fri 16 Nov, 2018 11:29 pm
I’d love to think that we could attract a player like Cook here , but I think theres about as much chance of that happening, as me winning Lotto tomorrow night.
Well Segeyaro is still off contract
The forgotten man

TigerSkins

Post by TigerSkins » Sat 17 Nov, 2018 4:44 pm

Liddle will be injury free this year, unless he gets an injury playing NSW Cup .. cause he won't get many starts or runs in the NRL this season behind Farah. Farah will be deadset determined to play as many games as he can in this his final year.

So if Liddle is smart, he'll build his body up to be able to take the day to day knocks of being in the NRL .. he knows that Farah won't be around next year, and Liddle will be 23 next season perfect to take on the role of a number 9 in the NRL.

The only reason Liddle would take the Dogs offer .. is because Madge has already informed him that Cook will be here next season.

Red88 Tiger

Post by Red88 Tiger » Sat 17 Nov, 2018 7:03 pm

TigerSkins wrote:
Sat 17 Nov, 2018 4:44 pm
Liddle will be injury free this year, unless he gets an injury playing NSW Cup .. cause he won't get many starts or runs in the NRL this season behind Farah. Farah will be deadset determined to play as many games as he can in this his final year.

So if Liddle is smart, he'll build his body up to be able to take the day to day knocks of being in the NRL .. he knows that Farah won't be around next year, and Liddle will be 23 next season perfect to take on the role of a number 9 in the NRL.

The only reason Liddle would take the Dogs offer .. is because Madge has already informed him that Cook will be here next season.
I hope he starts the year in reserves builds the hunger makes the bench 6 games in and out plays rf to EARN the starting role before the end of season

Needaname

Post by Needaname » Sat 17 Nov, 2018 8:46 pm

TigerSkins wrote:

I’d say what you just mentioned is why he’d consider the bulldogs offer.
Could be a chance for 2019, more opportunity to start or at least make the 17. More money in doing so.
If Robbie is guaranteed to start this year there is every chance we loss Liddle because of that.

The Patriot

Post by The Patriot » Sat 17 Nov, 2018 10:13 pm

Needaname wrote:
Sat 17 Nov, 2018 8:46 pm
TigerSkins wrote:

Could be a chance for 2019, more opportunity to start or at least make the 17. More money in doing so.
If Robbie is guaranteed to start this year there is every chance we loss Liddle because of that.

If the mentality of Jacob Liddle is to run to another club rather than fight for what he wants, we would be better off without him.

No one will be guaranteed any spots, if Jacob can man up and outplay the old guy he gets the job.
Its an opinion!

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sat 17 Nov, 2018 11:48 pm

The Patriot wrote:
Sat 17 Nov, 2018 10:13 pm
Needaname wrote:
TigerSkins wrote:

If the mentality of Jacob Liddle is to run to another club rather than fight for what he wants, we would be better off without him.

No one will be guaranteed any spots, if Jacob can man up and outplay the old guy he gets the job.
THE POM wrote:
Fri 16 Nov, 2018 12:00 pm
1st Injury free pre-season ever for Liddle, he knows where he stands with the club & knows that 2019 is a big year for him in his career. Will be given every chance to prove his ability & worth. Plus he's the type of kid that given any contract he'll sign to return the faith shown.

Expecting big things from him in 2019.
THE POM wrote:
Fri 16 Nov, 2018 12:41 pm
oldprop wrote:
Fri 16 Nov, 2018 12:24 pm
THE POM wrote:
1st Injury free pre-season ever for Liddle, he knows where he stands with the club & knows that 2019 is a big year for him in his career. Will be given every chance to prove his ability & worth. Plus he's the type of kid that given any contract he'll sign to return the faith shown.

Thanks Pom. Do you think he’s staying then?
He has big raps at the club both for his on field & off field attitude & work. If he can shine through in pre-season he's every chance of getting an offer after 1st few rounds. Has come back looking fit & motivated & confident. Came 2nd in the time trial day one.
Doesn't sound like turning and running to me..
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am
OK I was wrong
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 22 Nov, 2018 12:13 am
I know at times I'm not always the brightest light in the kitchen

TYGA

Post by TYGA » Sat 17 Nov, 2018 11:50 pm

Madge will give him every chance if he is better than Farah he will start. I think he will beat Farah out by round 5.

The Patriot

Post by The Patriot » Sun 18 Nov, 2018 12:01 am

Geo. wrote:
Sat 17 Nov, 2018 11:48 pm
The Patriot wrote:
Needaname wrote:
TigerSkins wrote:

THE POM wrote:

THE POM wrote:
oldprop wrote:
THE POM wrote:

He has big raps at the club both for his on field & off field attitude & work. If he can shine through in pre-season he's every chance of getting an offer after 1st few rounds. Has come back looking fit & motivated & confident. Came 2nd in the time trial day one.
I wasnt the one who said there was every chance that we lose Liddle because of Farah being guaranteed a spot.

Perhaps you should have quoted the other guy.

Im the one saying best man gets the job.

Have another read of it.
Its an opinion!

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Sun 18 Nov, 2018 1:29 am

I ultimately blame Taylor for Jacob out of the starting boxes too early and/or for not grooming a bigger guy across the shoulders 5 years back. It was the Matt Ballin wildcard.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sun 18 Nov, 2018 3:13 am

The Patriot wrote:
Sun 18 Nov, 2018 12:01 am
Geo. wrote:
Sat 17 Nov, 2018 11:48 pm
The Patriot wrote:
Needaname wrote:

THE POM wrote:

THE POM wrote:
oldprop wrote:

I wasnt the one who said there was every chance that we lose Liddle because of Farah being guaranteed a spot.

Perhaps you should have quoted the other guy.

Im the one saying best man gets the job.

Have another read of it.
I read that more to the point,,,
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am
OK I was wrong
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 22 Nov, 2018 12:13 am
I know at times I'm not always the brightest light in the kitchen

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Sun 18 Nov, 2018 8:38 am

If we seriously want to play finals football in 2019, we need Liddle playing plenty of game time. Farah will play a role, but we need Liddle’s speed out of D/H to create attacking opportunities. With a fully fit roster there is only room for Liddle or Benji on the bench, it will be interesting who Madge goes for