WT Player Recruitment & Retention for 2019

User avatar
Cultured Bogan
Member
Member
Posts: 18407
Joined: Tue 15 Sep, 2009 11:20 pm
Location: Blue Mountains

Re: WT Player Recruitment & Retention for 2019

Post by Cultured Bogan » Wed 05 Dec, 2018 8:21 am

TonyTiger wrote:
Wed 05 Dec, 2018 8:11 am
jadtiger wrote:
Tue 04 Dec, 2018 1:52 pm
Cultured Bogan wrote:
Tue 04 Dec, 2018 1:02 pm
We need to replace what we're signing though. Thompson would probably come cheap, and he's handy as a back up fullback, Liddle will be resigned if the Pom is on the money and Lawrence will probably play for a modest contract as long as it is not insulting.

Aloiai may get another gig if he improves. Can't see the rest being resigned. Maybe Mikaele on a base contract (you need 30 players so getting near on minimum contract won't kill us.)
I am looking forward to seeing Mikaele get his chance under the new regime.I feel he will flourish and become an integral member of our squad.
I also see a big future for Mikaele, need to stay close to him so he’s not lured away...
Seems to be in the Madge mould physically. Might get a run this year if he has the right attitude.
"This club means a lot to me and I really love this club, I love playing here, I love playing with all of the boys, it's what I've known for pretty much all of my life and I'm happy to be here." - Luke Brooks.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...


User avatar
TheDaBoss
Member
Member
Posts: 641
Joined: Tue 21 Aug, 2018 8:43 am
Location: C'Town

Post by TheDaBoss » Wed 05 Dec, 2018 9:06 am

TonyTiger wrote:
Wed 05 Dec, 2018 8:11 am
jadtiger wrote:
Tue 04 Dec, 2018 1:52 pm
Cultured Bogan wrote:
Tue 04 Dec, 2018 1:02 pm
We need to replace what we're signing though. Thompson would probably come cheap, and he's handy as a back up fullback, Liddle will be resigned if the Pom is on the money and Lawrence will probably play for a modest contract as long as it is not insulting.

Aloiai may get another gig if he improves. Can't see the rest being resigned. Maybe Mikaele on a base contract (you need 30 players so getting near on minimum contract won't kill us.)
I am looking forward to seeing Mikaele get his chance under the new regime.I feel he will flourish and become an integral member of our squad.
I also see a big future for Mikaele, need to stay close to him so he’s not lured away...
x2

Im looking forward to see the likes of Smith and Mikaele in action. gonna be good :righton:
:sign: + :deadhorse: = Ivan in a nutshell

Snake
Member
Member
Posts: 5224
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 5:37 pm

Post by Snake » Wed 05 Dec, 2018 9:24 am

TigerSJ wrote:
Tue 04 Dec, 2018 7:42 pm
We are in a pretty good position, considering. No player on the Losses list that we should have kept. The guys off contract are mostly needing to go apart from perhaps Lawrence and Thompson, with Liddle, Aloiai, and Mikaele to prove themselves.
The one question I ask myself are any of the off contract players going to take the club to a premiership? hard choices need to be made moving forward if success is wanted.

bathursttiger
Member
Member
Posts: 2931
Joined: Thu 02 Dec, 2010 5:21 pm

Post by bathursttiger » Wed 05 Dec, 2018 10:21 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Tue 04 Dec, 2018 11:14 am
My predictions

You can put a pen through Marshall, Farah and Rochow for 2020.

Gamble, MCK, Fonua, Mikaele and Aloiai will depend on whether Madge sees them as his kind of players

Lawrence, Thompson and Liddle will be offered new deals.
Correct.

bathursttiger
Member
Member
Posts: 2931
Joined: Thu 02 Dec, 2010 5:21 pm

Post by bathursttiger » Wed 05 Dec, 2018 10:25 am

Rowdy won't cost WT any cap money so he should be re-signed, plus on form would be one of the first picked in the 17.
Life member, loyal, and possible captain in '19.
A definite keeper.


User avatar
Tiger Steve
Member
Member
Posts: 2129
Joined: Wed 29 Mar, 2017 5:30 pm
Location: Chatswood West

Post by Tiger Steve » Wed 05 Dec, 2018 10:38 am

So both Lawrence and Brooks are looking like being 1 club players. In this modern world where loyalty is almost nonexistent it would be great to have a nucleus of players where the club and jersey mean something. It definitely gives a competitive advantage. Would love to see Nofa, Marsters, Liddle for example head in this direction
“Peanuts! Get ya peanuts - in the shell or sugar coated!” Leichhardt memories.

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 3582
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 8:12 am
Location: bayview

Post by jadtiger » Wed 05 Dec, 2018 10:43 am

Tiger Steve wrote:
Wed 05 Dec, 2018 10:38 am
So both Lawrence and Brooks are looking like being 1 club players. In this modern world where loyalty is almost nonexistent it would be great to have a nucleus of players where the club and jersey mean something. It definitely gives a competitive advantage. Would love to see Nofa, Marsters, Liddle for example head in this direction
I have always admired 1 club players even if i dont particularly like the player or club(Gallen springs to mind).Hopefully you are right and the players mentioned stay with us.We as a club also have a part to play in that by treating them fairly

User avatar
Tiger Steve
Member
Member
Posts: 2129
Joined: Wed 29 Mar, 2017 5:30 pm
Location: Chatswood West

Post by Tiger Steve » Wed 05 Dec, 2018 10:50 am

jadtiger wrote:
Wed 05 Dec, 2018 10:43 am
Tiger Steve wrote:
Wed 05 Dec, 2018 10:38 am
So both Lawrence and Brooks are looking like being 1 club players. In this modern world where loyalty is almost nonexistent it would be great to have a nucleus of players where the club and jersey mean something. It definitely gives a competitive advantage. Would love to see Nofa, Marsters, Liddle for example head in this direction
I have always admired 1 club players even if i dont particularly like the player or club(Gallen springs to mind).Hopefully you are right and the players mentioned stay with us.We as a club also have a part to play in that by treating them fairly
Yep I agree. Long term loyalty from the player should result in long term loyalty from the club. There are so many examples but the way Paul Vautin and Matty Johns were treated at the end of their careers was pretty poor.
“Peanuts! Get ya peanuts - in the shell or sugar coated!” Leichhardt memories.

Post Reply