Fulton at 6 is a good move

ImageImageImage
Tiger Watto

Re: Fulton at 6 is a good move

Post by Tiger Watto » Wed 15 May, 2013 7:43 pm

Benji played against Melbourne...
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

Black'n'White

Post by Black'n'White » Wed 15 May, 2013 7:56 pm

Tiger Watto wrote:Benji played against Melbourne...
He half sat out due to turf toe, not knocking him on it, but he was a passenger for most of that game as others worked us up and down the field.

I personally can see potters experiment this week, I dont think we wil be hampered in the field percentage with Benji gone, and can understand the option of setting Liam the task of tattooing himself on Sutton. Potter seems like a fool to many, but i see him trying to identify our strengths and weaknesses. I just wish we had a full compliment to allow Potter to experiment across the board.

smoking gun

Post by smoking gun » Wed 15 May, 2013 8:25 pm

No offence but there is a lot of peanuts on here. Jesus.

Tigersmurf

Post by Tigersmurf » Wed 15 May, 2013 8:39 pm

smoking gun wrote:Dumbest coaching move ever. EVER! you don't drop your best players in the situation we are in. Potter has had an absolute brain fart
Disagree gun, it has been a couple of years since Benji was our best player. He deserved to be relegated.

The problem I have is that Potter is trying to prevent us being down by 24 in the first 30 minutes, but there is not enough skill in that halves pairing to score any more than 10-12 points.

I love that Potter benched him, but part of me cannot help but think they were both in on it. Particularly after his article on the weekend. Could have been Benjis idea.....I hope not though.

LaT

Post by LaT » Wed 15 May, 2013 9:52 pm

smoking gun wrote:No offence but there is a lot of peanuts on here. Jesus.
As long as you include yourself in that category, no offence taken.
TigPies till I die!

I say, I say I resemble that remark!

foreveratiger

Post by foreveratiger » Wed 15 May, 2013 9:59 pm

LaT wrote:
:roll :lol: :lol: :lol: Classic
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

Black'n'White

Post by Black'n'White » Wed 15 May, 2013 10:03 pm

foreveratiger wrote:
LaT wrote:
:roll :lol: :lol: :lol: Classic
My ratings are stuffed and dont work... Im on this one too.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Wed 15 May, 2013 10:07 pm

Hows Robbie ??

TJL

Post by TJL » Thu 16 May, 2013 2:17 am

Fulton at 6 is like giving me a run. I'm a 44 year old prop/second-rower who hasn't played footy since 2005 but [automatically edited] it give me a run. LOL!

avocadoontoast

Post by avocadoontoast » Thu 16 May, 2013 1:30 pm

So much hate for Benji - he might not be playing great, but neither has anyone else. He's one of the stars of our team and now we've basically sent him packing. Mark my words, if he does indeed go to Penrith, he will absolutely murder us next year.

Everyone seems so obsessed with Fulton defending against Sutton. Who cares? There's no way we will score a point with Fulton and Siro in the halves. Fulton tries hard but all he can do is tackle. You don't put players at 5/8 because they can tackle. That's just insane.

The big problem with this team is Potter and the coaching staff. Potter has shown himself to be an incredibly poor coach this season. Stupid team selections, no structure in attack or defense. He reminds me of Steve Kearney, but possibly worse. At least with Sheens we were interesting to watch. We attacked all the time. With Potter we have NO attack and our defense is even worse. ITs painful watching them play.

badger

Post by badger » Thu 16 May, 2013 2:12 pm

I just cant see how taking our best defender out of the forwards against such a big and mobile forward pack is a good thing. Apart from Robbie who else is going to stop them

Fade To Black

Post by Fade To Black » Thu 16 May, 2013 7:12 pm

Majere77 wrote:Fulton's there to tackle Sutton, that's all

Sutton would run straight over the top of Benji on current form and has been tearing teams part all year
Yep, spot on. It seems to me our side has been picked this week looking towards minimalising the damage on the scoreline more so than winning. That said, Fults won't go any worse than Benji has been going. Just hammer Sutton the big skirt, he doesn't seem to like the physical stuff much, he is a front-runner of the highest order.

Shooshmeister

Post by Shooshmeister » Thu 16 May, 2013 10:35 pm

Do us proud Liam, who know, he may have a blinder at 5/8.

Black'n'White

Post by Black'n'White » Thu 16 May, 2013 11:05 pm

I dont think Fulton is there only to tackle Sutton... We have started every game strong, had trouble converting into points but have been in the arm-wrestle against the best. Not trying to put the boot into Benji, but he often released the pressure through poor kicking and decisions, which turns the tide of field position and pressure to which we eventually buckle. Fulton will be no frills, stick to the game plan, lift the defence and just be his solid self. The Bunnies will punish us for the smallest of mistakes and with half decent field position have a pack that will roll them into striking distance.

Yes we get the benefit of starting with an extra second rower on the park, but he is more than capable of pulling off a standard dependable halves roll... getting us into a grind and keeping us there.

Irvine

Post by Irvine » Thu 16 May, 2013 11:32 pm

smoking gun wrote:Dumbest coaching move ever. EVER! you don't drop your best players in the situation we are in. Potter has had an absolute brain fart
What is the story smoking gun you are close to the action. Is Potter a dud ?

The way i look at it Fulton has been playing 5/8 anyhow only difference from a normal 5/8 is he never passes the ball.

The_Doc

Post by The_Doc » Fri 17 May, 2013 5:45 pm

Wouldn't mind betting until benji comes on robbie will play half sirro at 6 and Liam will play dummy half,once benji comes on Liam will act as the extra forward robbie back to 9 I think this dropping of benchy and naming Liam at 6 is all smoke and mirrors and a kick in the bum to benji he will be on within 20 mins and stay on.

smoking gun

Post by smoking gun » Fri 17 May, 2013 8:45 pm

Told yas. But I'm the peanut right? You don't drop the leader and best player at the club you don't insult and embarrass a player who has carried this team for years.tgis team is demoralised enough then the coach went and pulled this crap... Bravo potter u peanut pack ya bags and take all the muppets on here who thought this was a good idea too

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Fri 17 May, 2013 9:08 pm

SG it wasn't rocket science. People on this forum are still deluded by a belief that Sheens was to blame.