They Will Target Our Back Three With The High Ball

ImageImageImage
radiowave82

They Will Target Our Back Three With The High Ball

Post by radiowave82 » Fri 17 May, 2013 11:55 am

I hope we've been practicing.

WestsSupporter

Post by WestsSupporter » Fri 17 May, 2013 11:57 am

Yes. We've had problems countless times in the past, no matter who plays back there. It doesn't really matter who the bomb to. For one, you have a Koro low on confidence. Second, there's a guy on debut. Third, the fullback is probably a little nervous with the backup he has.
Extremely frustrated fan. Try not to let my negativity get to you.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Fri 17 May, 2013 12:01 pm

As I have said a few times , we have that many defensive issues across the park the Rabbits will choose whatever suits their strengths

Imagine they will come at us at the middle and try and then link second phase with a hard running Inglis

Poor ol Teddy might see GI coming at him like a fully loaded express train a few times tonight

Don't take the dummy Teddy
Last edited by happy tiger on Fri 17 May, 2013 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by 851 » Fri 17 May, 2013 12:01 pm

Utai is out,Nofo is in,so Reddy won't have to keep swapping spots in defence,should be better all round.
Go hard or go home

pHyR3

Post by pHyR3 » Fri 17 May, 2013 12:02 pm

I can't wait to see their faces when Koro and Nofo run the ball back at em to pick up great metres and maybe even make a break. Koro will NOT play like he did last week; im dead set he would have put in 5-10 hours of catching practice this week to ensure it does not hamper his team.
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."

Irvine

Post by Irvine » Fri 17 May, 2013 12:07 pm

radiowave82 wrote:I hope we've been practicing.
Do you really think our coaching staff are that intelligent and besides we are focusing on DEFENCE.
Our back 3 are all very young and inexperienced.
Who is there to teach them ? Mick Potter. This is the way we took a bomb in 1979.....Thanks.

Foran and Cherry-Evans have Johns showing them the way.
Barba had Hasler teaching and practicing for hours and hours.

Can't blame the young guys when no one is helping them.

pHyR3

Post by pHyR3 » Fri 17 May, 2013 12:22 pm

Who is there to teach them? Mick Potter. This is the way we took a bomb in 1979.....Thanks.

Who is there to teach Barba? Des Hasler. You do realise Potter is YOUNGER than des right?

like you'd know **** if potter can teach them how to take a high ball or not.
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."

Frank the tank

Post by Frank the tank » Fri 17 May, 2013 12:24 pm

Based on last week I would too.
I'm not a complete idiot.............there are some pieces missing!

Newtown

Post by Newtown » Fri 17 May, 2013 12:33 pm

pHyR3 wrote:Who is there to teach them? Mick Potter. This is the way we took a bomb in 1979.....Thanks.

Who is there to teach Barba? Des Hasler. You do realise Potter is YOUNGER than des right?

The best way to catch a high ball is to completely focus on the ball, jump for it at he right time (must be practised) and then kick your legs out slightly towards the opposition player/s just like Slater does almost every time he jumps for the high ball.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Fri 17 May, 2013 12:53 pm

Newtown wrote:
pHyR3 wrote:Who is there to teach them? Mick Potter. This is the way we took a bomb in 1979.....Thanks.

The best way to catch a high ball is to completely focus on the ball, jump for it at he right time (must be practised) and then kick your legs out slightly towards the opposition player/s just like Slater does almost every time he jumps for the high ball.
Obviously apart from keeping your eye on the ball ,my big thing was having momentum when I went for a bomb ,that way you couldn't be pushed off with the attacking players momentum

Even if it meant taking two or three steps back

Its a bit like being a slipper in cricket being a fullback or a winger ,you have to forget the ones you drop asap or you end up having a Koroibete or Vatuvei night

tigsta

Post by tigsta » Fri 17 May, 2013 1:04 pm

I think Benji is going to have serious traffic directed his way when he comes on. Macguire knows he is playing for his career tonight and could be a game changer.

Also he has struggled defensively so why wouldnt they run straight at him.

Hopefully he can cope with it and blair pulls his finger out.

We need to get quality ball out to simona and Korobete,,, Thats where our points will come.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Fri 17 May, 2013 4:09 pm

Very windy here today too

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Fri 17 May, 2013 4:11 pm

Lets hope Teddy picked up a new Boot Sponsor during the week... His last sponsor was crap!!!
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Fri 17 May, 2013 4:40 pm

Tiger Watto wrote:Lets hope Teddy picked up a new Boot Sponsor during the week... His last sponsor was crap!!!
Whatever happened to short tags and long tags Watto ,the youth of today wouldn't even know what we are talking about ;)

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Fri 17 May, 2013 5:22 pm

Every team will target our back 3 for the rest of the season at least. I have very little confidence that they won't make critical mistakes every week as well.

Black'n'White

Post by Black'n'White » Fri 17 May, 2013 5:53 pm

I think Koro only buckled because of that horrid pass in goal, he just couldnt get it back together, and teddy didnt attack the ball. Dont be suprised when they turn it all around and are safe as houses with a little confidence, it will only take one game to put a little wind in their sails.

Most games while the confidence is high we put teams, and can keep them, under the pump. But once a crack shows, even the slightest, it seems infectious, and we deteriorate into a shambles. We never get it back together.

Let them target them as long as they like. It will eventually stick all night, and a high pressure game that doesnt allow them to dwell or even think before reacting may well be the key to it all. Have a little faith.

Flippedy

Post by Flippedy » Fri 17 May, 2013 9:06 pm

They didn't need to :roll:
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

Black'n'White

Post by Black'n'White » Fri 17 May, 2013 9:09 pm

They were reading Phyres posts, ran at Blair and he played usher.... this way to the try line sir....