First Grade Live Game Thread vs Souths *Contains Spoilers*

ImageImageImage
Flippedy

Re: First Grade Live Game Thread vs Souths *Contains Spoiler

Post by Flippedy » Fri 17 May, 2013 9:40 pm

Black'n'White wrote:Oh well, where we expected to be weak we were strong, and our makeshift pack we were so proud of let us down.... no hate on the effort as whole from me, just a few individual fails cost us massively, even woods... Happens.
The final score was way better than I was expecting, so I am not feeling too bad about the effort, in the second half at least - they hung in there. I really thought we'd get done by 70! Our softness up the middle is a real concern though.
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

Tigersmurf

Post by Tigersmurf » Fri 17 May, 2013 9:41 pm

We lost by 50 when Sheens coached too, but we didn't have near the injuries we do now. Forwards were brittle in the first half hour, particularly Blair, pettyborne and Thomson.

New name for Blair - wet paper

They ran through him like wet paper!

Eye Of Da Tiger

Post by Eye Of Da Tiger » Fri 17 May, 2013 9:48 pm

75 % of our players were not up to first grade level tonight. Potter has mission impossible. Crow saved Souths maybe we need Cruise to save Wests

tiger jim

Post by tiger jim » Fri 17 May, 2013 9:49 pm

for gods sake get a bloody half back bengi is our5/8 i don't care who he is sirro is not a half and never will be lock at best. the first half there was no plays put on, fulton played his heart out but put him back where he belongs forwards we need a spark at the scrum base we crap on about bengi he cannot do it all,robbie controls the forwards we need two options at the halves not one. must say great game by teddy

Gazman

Post by Gazman » Fri 17 May, 2013 9:50 pm

Yes the score line surprised me too I was expecting a 70 + hiding .Imagine if the second half effort was there the first 40

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Fri 17 May, 2013 9:53 pm

ragedmachine wrote:As much as Koro is a weapon, he's made more errors than anyone else to let tries in this season.

Fulton was probably our best. Benji still smiling after the game....things never change
Koro seems like one of those players who needs to be surrounded by strong performers to look good. At this state he's not the kind of player who provides a spark - he needs others to give him a passage into a game.

Benji's missus was doing sideline commentary for MMM so that's probably why he cracked a smile. Wives will do it that to you...

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Fri 17 May, 2013 9:58 pm

Tigersmurf wrote:We lost by 50 when Sheens coached too, but we didn't have near the injuries we do now. Forwards were brittle in the first half hour, particularly Blair, pettyborne and Thomson.

When? Whilst we had some poor games under Sheens we never played this consistently bad.

Tigrr

Post by Tigrr » Fri 17 May, 2013 10:05 pm

southerntiger wrote:
Tigersmurf wrote:We lost by 50 when Sheens coached too, but we didn't have near the injuries we do now. Forwards were brittle in the first half hour, particularly Blair, pettyborne and Thomson.

When? Whilst we had some poor games under Sheens we never played this consistently bad.

No we played with consistently less heart under Sheens

steve-o

Post by steve-o » Fri 17 May, 2013 10:09 pm

Fulton was easily our best. He was the only bloke that could tackle
Year of last finals appearance:
2018 - Storm, Roosters, Rabbitohs, Sharks, Panthers, Broncos, Dragons, Warriors
2017 - Eels, Sea Eagles, Cowboys
2016 - Raiders, Bulldogs, Titans
2013 - Knights
2011 - Tigers

Black'n'White

Post by Black'n'White » Fri 17 May, 2013 10:18 pm

Yossarian wrote:
ragedmachine wrote:As much as Koro is a weapon, he's made more errors than anyone else to let tries in this season.

Fulton was probably our best. Benji still smiling after the game....things never change
Koro seems like one of those players who needs to be surrounded by strong performers to look good. At this state he's not the kind of player who provides a spark - he needs others to give him a passage into a game.

Benji's missus was doing sideline commentary for MMM so that's probably why he cracked a smile. Wives will do it that to you...
Koro has been hung out to dry often by Lawrence, and again tonight by Simona. I am not trying to find excuses for him, but Merrits first he did ok, and while I do agree he is a confidence player for the time being at least ( being so young), he is doing ok. Tonight we were soft in the centre, somewhere we have usually been fighting well above our weight, and there were few excuses for being so bad. Looking to Koro for a scapegoat is wrong.

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Fri 17 May, 2013 10:49 pm

Black'n'White wrote:
Yossarian wrote:

Koro has been hung out to dry often by Lawrence, and again tonight by Simona. I am not trying to find excuses for him, but Merrits first he did ok, and while I do agree he is a confidence player for the time being at least ( being so young), he is doing ok. Tonight we were soft in the centre, somewhere we have usually been fighting well above our weight, and there were few excuses for being so bad. Looking to Koro for a scapegoat is wrong.
I didn't say he was to blame, just making a general observation on him.